Cup poll

Bazzas right boot

Cup poll  

450 members have voted

1. 1. As it says on the tin. What do you prefer?

• Win cup/ CL stays for next season.
    • Celtic win/CL definitely goes.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

For any PHM, it’s nigh on impossible to accept that concept. 

Anyway, Hearts win and Levein takes up a new role in the museum where his football belongs. 

Win Win. 

It's not. 

You may disagree with it, but once you understand that, the rest falls into place. 

Happy to discuss as a pm or over a pint. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Alex Kintner

• The Real Maroonblood

• 7628mm

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

But it's not clear cut because you added the Levein clause.

How about "(i) Hearts win the cup and one of your legs get amputated, (ii) Hearts lose the cup and you get left alone"?

There you go, another clear-cut poll. If people vote (ii) then they are not Hearts supporters by your logic.

You're losing a lot of credibility here...

Horrific example to be honest. 

If we win the cup, our season will have been successful, therefore our manager staying is not only logical but will be desirable for many. 

If we lose, our season will have been unsuccessful, therefore the manager being replaced is far more likely.

The scenerios are linked. 

Tbh, What you've said is just a lot of shite. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Alex Kintner
57 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Does this not break JKB rules in some form? They may have voted but not necessarily "posted/commented" on thread. Asking for a friend

Wouldn’t have thought so. It makes it clear it is a public vote so other posters will be able to see what you voted ??‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not arguing with you, I'm expressing a thought on the wording of your poll. If in your world that equates to arguing with you fair enough. The option I would have voted for if it had been there would have been do you want to see HMFC win the Scottish Cup final but it also act as the final match for Craig Levein as manager, then I would have voted for that, in fact I think the final %age vote for such an option would have been massive. Further discussion on this thread ain't going to create anything of note so I'm heading out to get some grub.

The middle ground always gets more votes if it's an option on these types of polls. 

I never included it on purpose. 

You could vote for option 1 and then state you'd rather have the third option. 

This would say to most folk, you take the club success over your personal feelings, when push comes to shove. 

However, you'd rather have success and CL replaced - the cake and eat it option, if you will. 

I'm not against that option either, in fact I'm rather cordial to it. 

What this poll has done is identify some posters, many who have been anti CL for months and out them for bitter arses who would rather we fail so they get their way- despite them saying otherwise. 

Enjoy your grub. 

Not a great day, need to eat in?

22 people have voted that they’d prefer us to lose a Cup final against Neil Lennon’s treble treble seeking Celtic.

Wow.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

22 people have voted that they’d prefer us to lose a Cup final against Neil Lennon’s treble treble seeking Celtic.

Wow.

My fault for not having a third option. 

If only the two options were clearer and 1 option was clearly the best for Hearts........ 

They haven’t came on to justify it either. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Horrific example to be honest. 

If we win the cup, our season will have been successful, therefore our manager staying is not o ky logical but will be desirable for many. 

If we lose, our season will have been unsuccessful, therefore the manager being replaced is far more likely.

The scenerios are linked. 

Tbh, What you've said is just a lot of shite. 

The whole poll is horrific. I'm just pointing out your logical inconsistencies, now that I realise that the poll (shockingly) wasn't actually tongue-in-cheek, that you actually believe you're some sort of online poll tactical genius.

It's "scenario", not "scenerio", and it doesn't matter what is desirable or likely, as that's prejudging folk's choices. If you have two choices, in this case "Win or Lose Cup", and "Levein Stay or Go", then any poll worth its salt presents all four combinations of those choices:

. Win Cup and Levein stays.

. Win Cup and Levein goes.

. Lose Cup and Levein stays (unlikely as it is that anyone would vote this :)).

. Lose Cup and Levein goes (likely to be rarely voted for if all four choices are presented).

You've hammered four choices into two, and then lambasted those who had to choose one that didn't exactly represent their views. That is exactly why my amputation example was illustrative of how all four choices should have been presented, it was just an even more stupid selection of choices than yours was.

In other words, this poll is a huge pile of bovine excrement. But I didn't need all the words above to show that.

I want Craig Levein gone but I would take him for another season if it meant winning the cup. Although even if a miracle happens and we somehow manage to beat Celtic a week on Saturday, I still think he should go.

Any Hearts fan who wants us to lose a Cup Final is not a real Hearts fan.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
17 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The middle ground always gets more votes if it's an option on these types of polls. 

I never included it on purpose.

You could vote for option 1 and then state you'd rather have the third option. 

This would say to most folk, you take the club success over your personal feelings, when push comes to shove. 

However, you'd rather have success and CL replaced - the cake and eat it option, if you will. 

I'm not against that option either, in fact I'm rather cordial to it. 

What this poll has done is identify some posters, many who have been anti CL for months and out them for bitter arses who would rather we fail so they get their way- despite them saying otherwise. 

Enjoy your grub. 

Not a great day, need to eat in?

That's not how opinion polls work. You've deliberately left the most sensible option out to force people to vote the way you want them to.

The fact is most Hearts fans want Levein gone and you're going to have to accept you're in the minority.

frankblack

I spotted one poster in the list who wanted Hearts to get beat off Hibs last season.

:levein_interesting:

Wanting us to lose to our city rivals is a hanging offense on its own, and now he wants us to lose the cup final.

Edited by frankblack

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I spotted one poster in the list who wanted Hearts to get beat off Hibs last season.

:levein_interesting:

Wanting us to lose to our city rivals is a hanging offense on its own, and now he wants us to lose the cup final.

@kimosavi :facepalm: 

Tell me you misread this or pressed the wrong option?! 

Edited by To Be Frank

24 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

The ideal scenario for me is to win the cup and Levein decides he’s had enough.

Yip. But Tosh didn’t include it !

:sadrobbo:

Hearts1975
52 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

That's not how opinion polls work. You've deliberately left the most sensible option out to force people to vote the way you want them to.

The fact is most Hearts fans want Levein gone and you're going to have to accept you're in the minority.

Yup, and getting a majority vote with this poll only means that most hearts fans would never sacrifice a trophy to make a point - all it proves and certainly doesn’t show what the majority wants moving forward 

premeditated trolling imo 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Most Hearts fans want CL gone. 

Do they? 

The most sensible option? 

Surely if he wins the cup, the most sensible option is letting our cup winning manager stay on after a successful season? 

That is option 1.

Also, if we don't win the cup, and after a unsuccessful season with minimal progress, replacing him would also be sensible. 

That is option 2.

Your option is Likley wishful thinking and although I'm open to it myself, it's not  necessarily the most sensible option. 

Oh, and it's how this opinion poll works. ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

The whole poll is horrific. I'm just pointing out your logical inconsistencies, now that I realise that the poll (shockingly) wasn't actually tongue-in-cheek, that you actually believe you're some sort of online poll tactical genius.

It's "scenario", not "scenerio", and it doesn't matter what is desirable or likely, as that's prejudging folk's choices. If you have two choices, in this case "Win or Lose Cup", and "Levein Stay or Go", then any poll worth its salt presents all four combinations of those choices:

. Win Cup and Levein stays.

. Win Cup and Levein goes.

. Lose Cup and Levein stays (unlikely as it is that anyone would vote this :)).

. Lose Cup and Levein goes (likely to be rarely voted for if all four choices are presented).

You've hammered four choices into two, and then lambasted those who had to choose one that didn't exactly represent their views. That is exactly why my amputation example was illustrative of how all four choices should have been presented, it was just an even more stupid selection of choices than yours was.

In other words, this poll is a huge pile of bovine excrement. But I didn't need all the words above to show that.

Not at all. 

You're missing the point. 

If we win the cup, he will Likley stay. 

The season will have been successful. 

If we get beat, he's more Likley to leave. 

The season will have been a failure. 

The scenerios, like it or not are linked. 

The chances of him, winning the cup and leaving are slim and as proven by some is wishful thinking, that much so some fans want us beat to ensure the chance of him leaving is as high as possible. 

My options are the most Likley. ?

Your amputation example, as well as crude is complete shite. There is no relation to permanent disability and Hearts results. 

There is a link between the managers future and Hearts results. 

The choice for any Hearts fan should be easy anyway, it should be for Hearts to win the cup. 

Hearts1975
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Most Hearts fans want CL gone. 

Do they? 

The most sensible option? 

Surely if he wins the cup, the most sensible option is letting our cup winning manager stay on after a successful season? 

That is option 1.

Also, if we don't win the cup, and after a unsuccessful season with minimal progress, replacing him would also be sensible. 

That is option 2.

Your option is Likley wishful thinking and although I'm open to it myself, it's not  necessarily the most sensible option. 

Oh, and it's how this opinion poll works. ?

2 x 6th place successive finishes in the league 

don’t let the fact that we beat Motherwell and Livingston as the only top flight clubs we played in both cups, both below us, should me Diddy clubs in the lower leagues and hopefully septic next week, in a one off game, deter you from thinking that if we didn’t have Craig levein in place We wouldn’t have got to the final 

ffs everyone wants a victory next week and I would love it if levein won as there is no question what it would mean to him as he loves the club - all the same winning the cup next week in a one off game won’t make me think we have turned the corner unfortunately 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

2 x 6th place successive finishes in the league 

don’t let the fact that we beat Motherwell and Livingston as the only top flight clubs we played in both cups, both below us, should me Diddy clubs in the lower leagues and hopefully septic next week, in a one off game, deter you from thinking that if we didn’t have Craig levein in place We wouldn’t have got to the final 

ffs everyone wants a victory next week and I would love it if levein won as there is no question what it would mean to him as he loves the club - all the same winning the cup next week in a one off game won’t make me think we have turned the corner unfortunately 

Yip, and a matter of opinion. 

Any cup winning Hearts manager will not get sacked. 

He might go up stairs. 

Anyway, this poll has seperate Hearts fans from CL haters it would seem. 

When push comes to shove some would rather we lost to speed up CL's exit if it means winning the cup buys him another season, which I'm sure it would, unless he wants to leave- the planning for next season would say he doesn't. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

What an idiotic poll.  ****ing horrendous.

Disagree, think it's a fantastic poll. 

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Wouldn’t have thought so. It makes it clear it is a public vote so other posters will be able to see what you voted ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

My "friend" has again asked me if this does not infringe the Forum Guidelines and in this case 

11. Do not refer to another member in a post unless that member has already posted on the thread.

Hearts1975
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip, and a matter of opinion. 

Any cup winning Hearts manager will not get sacked. 

He might go up stairs. 

Anyway, this poll has seperate Hearts fans from CL haters it would seem. 

When push comes to shove some would rather we lost to speed up CL's exit if it means winning the cup buys him another season, which I'm sure it would, unless he wants to leave- the planning for next season would say he doesn't. 

AB has to face up to what will be the biggest football decision she has had to make.

I fear if she lets her heart rule her head that the footballing side of things will suffer

if Craig goes back up stairs this is not going to solve which is a pressing issue 

fresh manager, fresh ideas, big club, great support, debt free - lots of reasons to think we could be further forward in terms of progress than where we currently are 

next weekend we will be willing the team on in the final - however, one swallow doesn’t make a summer and all that 

maybe the 22 or so that have voted no are so disillusioned with things currently that they think by losing next week the club would be better off changing things now as there would be more chance of success for the club in the future - all be it we lose a cup in the process

maybe they just voted 2 deliberately because you didn’t give them option 3 to consider

They might be being sarcastic as the poll doesn’t cover all possibilities 

Whatever the reason that doesn’t spell out that they hate Craig Levein and it won’t or shouldn’t vindicate your theory that by putting this poll in place you have found out who hates Craig Levein by checking on who voted for us to lose and CL to go 

sorry mate but this whole idea of yours is absolute madness

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

AB has to face up to what will be the biggest football decision she has had to make.

I fear if she lets her heart rule her head that the footballing side of things will suffer

if Craig goes back up stairs this is not going to solve which is a pressing issue 

fresh manager, fresh ideas, big club, great support, debt free - lots of reasons to think we could be further forward in terms of progress than where we currently are 

next weekend we will be willing the team on in the final - however, one swallow doesn’t make a summer and all that 

maybe the 22 or so that have voted no are so disillusioned with things currently that they think by losing next week the club would be better off changing things now as there would be more chance of success for the club in the future - all be it we lose a cup in the process

maybe they just voted 2 deliberately because you didn’t give them option 3 to consider

They might be being sarcastic as the poll doesn’t cover all possibilities 

Whatever the reason that doesn’t spell out that they hate Craig Levein and it won’t or shouldn’t vindicate your theory that by putting this poll in place you have found out who hates Craig Levein by checking on who voted for us to lose and CL to go 

sorry mate but this whole idea of yours is absolute madness

I disagree. 

All avaliable data supports what I thought all along. 

Some posters would rather Hearts fail under CL so it hastens his departure and would put club success on the line to achieve it. 

The poll, given the two choices should be easy enough for a Hearts fan. 

We'll find out soon enough anyway ?

frankblack
21 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

My "friend" has again asked me if this does not infringe the Forum Guidelines and in this case 

11. Do not refer to another member in a post unless that member has already posted on the thread.

Technically they voted on this thread's public poll so it could be argued that point 11 isn't valid.

Edited by frankblack

Alex Kintner
24 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Why not report them to the mods and find out? ??‍♂️

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

The point of that rule is so people can't be talked about without them knowing. It's pretty irrelevant now that the site software has been updated and they get a notification when directly tagged.

But anyway, he posted on this thread when he voted so there's really no leg to stand on.

Edited by Smithee

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Disagree, think it's a fantastic poll. 

No doubt you do.  You're getting attention and stirring things up.  Your dream scenario.

;)

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Technically they voted on this thread's public poll so it could be argued that point 11 isn't valid.

For some reason I am unable to see who has voted in the poll myself included. Similar to me being unable to see user name changes that occurred a few days ago. Not sure what the issue is for me on these.

14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Why not report them to the mods and find out? ??‍♂️

Why would I report anyone to the mods? It's not like posters are lobbing bricks or sticks and stones at me. We are now in the land of the keyboard warrior and words will not harm me. 

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The point of that rule is so people can't be talked about without them knowing. It's pretty irrelevant now that the site software has been updated and they get a notification when directly tagged.

But anyway, he posted on this thread when he voted so there's really no leg to stand on.

Back to reply to FB. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that someone who has voted is unable to see their own vote as it is in my case. All very strange in my case no idea what is going on. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Back to reply to FB. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that someone who has voted is unable to see their own vote as it is in my case. All very strange in my case no idea what is going on. 

I don't see what relevance that has to your complaint TBH.

Did you click on the wee man next to the numbers to bring up the list of voters by the way?

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't see what relevance that has to your complaint TBH.

Did you click on the wee man next to the numbers to bring up the list of voters by the way?

OOPS it is an age thing you know

Just now, Smithee said:

:laugh::thumbsup:

Did polls not used to have a notice saying "you have already voted" underneath them?

Unknown user
Just now, 7628mm said:

Did polls not used to have a notice saying "you have already voted" underneath them?

I don't really remember but we've seen a big forum software update in the last year so no surprise if it's changed. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

No doubt you do.  You're getting attention and stirring things up.  Your dream scenario.

;)

Not at all. 

Putting two very reasonable and Likley scenerios to the good folk of jkb. 

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't really remember but we've seen a big forum software update in the last year so no surprise if it's changed. 

The sooner I get my fecking bus pass the better. I just canny keep up these days.

It used to great on JKB back in the day

PIEMAN R-SOLE OUT NOW 

Edited by 7628mm

Alex Kintner
30 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

For some reason I am unable to see who has voted in the poll myself included. Similar to me being unable to see user name changes that occurred a few days ago. Not sure what the issue is for me on these.

Why would I report anyone to the mods? It's not like posters are lobbing bricks or sticks and stones at me. We are now in the land of the keyboard warrior and words will not harm me. 

You’re the one concerned and asking the question. Easiest way to get an answer would be to contact the mods ??

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Anyone from the 6% care to speak up? 

?

The nerve of them eh, Tosh !

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Boab said:

?

The nerve of them eh, Tosh !

Tbh, it would Be good to understand the reasons for wanting Hearts beat. 

17 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Awwwww naw man I've pressed the wrong option ???? 

We're beating Celtic next week, 100% never been this confident of something in my life by the way 2-1 Hearts Big Craig will go out with a cup win heard it here first 

I am a Jambo have been for over 30+ years seems the best solution CL goes and you can all stop arguing about it 

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Awwwww naw man I've pressed the wrong option ???? 

We're beating Celtic next week, 100% never been this confident of something in my life by the way 2-1 Hearts Big Craig will go out with a cup win heard it here first 

Glad to hear it was a mistake ??

Sure I remember you saying you now realised that wanting us to lose to Hibs previously to get rid of Levein was wrong so thought it was unlikely you would then want us to lose the final to get rid of Levein.

??

Edited by To Be Frank

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, DA55AD said:

I am a Jambo have been for over 30+ years seems the best solution CL goes and you can all stop arguing about it 

The best situation for any Hearts fan is us winning the cup next week regardless of what happens with Levein afterwards. 

If you genuinely want us to lose next Saturday then in my opinion you are a complete ??

10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Glad to hear it was a mistake ??

Sure I remember you saying you now realised that wanting us to lose to Hibs previously to get rid of Levein was wrong so thought it was unlikely you would then want us to lose the final to get rid of Levein.

??

Aye i was angry at the time Franko...... doesn't suit some on here though 

The 5.67 % can go and take a flying **** to themselves, Hearts supporters my arse, away and sit with the Manky Mob next week... Imbiciles.

IMG_20190519_102734.jpg

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

The best situation for any Hearts fan is us winning the cup next week regardless of what happens with Levein afterwards. 

If you genuinely want us to lose next Saturday then in my opinion you are a complete ??

Actually didn't read the question just the options there is no time I would prefer hearts to lose to anyone it's all I think CL has to keep his job win it or go so my vote doesn't count 

6 hours ago, DA55AD said:

I am a Jambo have been for over 30+ years

You don’t have to explain yourself to anyone on here mate.

The choob that started this poll thought it was a “decent outcome” that Hibs won the big cup, let that one sink in.

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, smiler said:

You don’t have to explain yourself to anyone on here mate.

The choob that started this poll thought it was a “decent outcome” that Hibs won the big cup, let that one sink in.

Fair comment.