So it begins

buzzbomb1958

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Darren said:

No, there isn't. There's barely enough room for the stands just now running down the side of the pitch. What angle are you proposing to turn the pitch by?

Where there's a will there's a way, I've seen a few stadiums with stands that cantilever out over roads, in some instances enclosing them completely - Parkhead, Old Trafford, Phillips Stadion in Eindhoven.

The truth is that Aberdeen fans (the ones I know certainly back this up) don't really care for pittodrie any more and Wigbert is taking advantage.

Edited by Smithee

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Where there's a will there's a way, I've seen a few stadiums with stands that cantilever out over roads, in some instances enclosing them completely - Parkhead, Old Trafford, Phillips Stadion in Eindhoven.

All clubs with a lot more money than Aberdeen.

Unknown user
Just now, Darren said:

All clubs with a lot more money than Aberdeen.

What difference does that make? They're spending 50 million, it's not that mental - most modern stadiums have seating bowls that stick out past the ground footprint. 

The will isn't there.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What difference does that make? They're spending 50 million, it's not that mental - most modern stadiums have seating bowls that stick out past the ground footprint. 

The will isn't there.

The difference is they will recoup a significant amount of money from whatever it is they decide to do with the Pittodrie site.

Unknown user
Just now, Darren said:

The difference is they will recoup a significant amount of money from whatever it is they decide to do with the Pittodrie site.

Ok, so moved on from "it's not possible"

31 minutes ago, Darren said:

No, there isn't. There's barely enough room for the stands just now running down the side of the pitch. What angle are you proposing to turn the pitch by?

Right , ill tell you what i’m clearly wrong and you clearly know better than the Aberdeen board. So i’m not arguing with you. 

Just now, Smithee said:

Ok, so moved on from "it's not possible"

In what planet are Aberdeen going to spend tens of millions of pounds on building a huge stand over Pittodrie Street? ?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Right , ill tell you what i’m clearly wrong and you clearly know better than the Aberdeen board. So i’m not arguing with you. 

Short of building over Pittodrie Street, how is it going to be achieved? I'd be interested to look at this document from the Aberdeen board if you have a link?

Unknown user
Just now, Darren said:

In what planet are Aberdeen going to spend tens of millions of pounds on building a huge stand over Pittodrie Street? ?

A planet where the fans really want to stay at their spiritual home, like planet Tynecastle. 

If they really wanted it, there would be objections, protests, and the club would have to find a way. 

But the will isn't there, that's the bottom line. 

9 hours ago, Alfie Conn said:

£1200 for 19 games. Last season was £695 for 21. So only a 91% increase on a match by match basis.

To be fair, i could have bought a £995 one but didn't want to get altitude sickness at every game. 

How many seats are that price.

London clubs usually have the highest ticket prices in England.

My City season card was £400.£21 a game.

Second lowest price.Tried seats double the price a few rows back.Saw no reason to move.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

A planet where the fans really want to stay at their spiritual home, like planet Tynecastle. 

If they really wanted it, there would be objections, protests, and the club would have to find a way. 

But the will isn't there, that's the bottom line. 

Building a new main stand at Tynecastle and redeveloping Pittodrie with a huge stand being built over a residential street are two hugely different things.

Just to reiterate, your plan is to turn the pitch 90 degrees? There is a road directly behind the main stand. Where's the pitch going?

pittodrie08.jpg

8 minutes ago, Darren said:

Short of building over Pittodrie Street, how is it going to be achieved? I'd be interested to look at this document from the Aberdeen board if you have a link?

Where and when did i say there was a document? I told you my source was the board. They don’t need to build over Pittodrie Street they can easily turn the pitch and rebuild it stand by stand utilising Dundee Utds 5stand way of doing things. Now as I explained you clearly know better than the Aberdeen board. i am clearly wrong. I don’t give enough of a **** about the shithole that is pittodrie , Wiggys want to fleece the shit out of Aberdeen and move to Kingsford as he has done for over 20years to sell himself Pittodrie. Nor the fact McInnes is the one who allegedly told Wiggy they have to have facilities beside their ground in order to progress. Another reason for Wiggy to then sell himself Pittodrie. 

Any Hearts fan who listened to Robinson tell us we couldn’t redevelop Tynecastle shouldn’t be so dismissive to think their only option was moving to Kinsgford or before that Loriston or before that Kingsford on land Milne owned. 

So please go and argue with someone who actually doesn’t know the truth and someone who wants to argue with you. I won’t be replying again.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Darren said:

Building a new main stand at Tynecastle and redeveloping Pittodrie with a huge stand being built over a residential street are two hugely different things.

Just to reiterate, your plan is to turn the pitch 90 degrees? There is a road directly behind the main stand. Where's the pitch going?

pittodrie08.jpg

Wasn't aware I had a plan, but seeing as we're reiterating, where there's a will there's a way.

I'll leave you to it daz, it gets boring going round in circles.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Where and when did i say there was a document? I told you my source was the board. They don’t need to build over Pittodrie Street they can easily turn the pitch and rebuild it stand by stand utilising Dundee Utds 5stand way of doing things. Now as I explained you clearly know better than the Aberdeen board. i am clearly wrong. I don’t give enough of a **** about the shithole that is pittodrie , Wiggys want to fleece the shit out of Aberdeen and move to Kingsford as he has done for over 20years to sell himself Pittodrie. Nor the fact McInnes is the one who allegedly told Wiggy they have to have facilities beside their ground in order to progress. Another reason for Wiggy to then sell himself Pittodrie. 

Any Hearts fan who listened to Robinson tell us we couldn’t redevelop Tynecastle shouldn’t be so dismissive to think their only option was moving to Kinsgford or before that Loriston or before that Kingsford on land Milne owned. 

So please go and argue with someone who actually doesn’t know the truth and someone who wants to argue with you. I won’t be replying again.

That's a long and vitriolic post for someone who doesn't care about it.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'll leave you to it daz, it gets boring going round in circles.

They would be going round in circles for quite some time trying to find an angle to make that pitch fit in pretty much any way other than how it is laid out just now, that's for sure.

Unknown user

For the record, this shot of AZ's AFAS Stadion shows how much the seating bowl extends from the actual required footprint, with just a few support pillars needed for this design. AZ weren't tight for space so filled in under the bowl, the cut away shows it isn't needed for the structure. 

And that's a club whose old ground was 12k capacity by the way. 

But aye, it's impossible/too expensive/ anything but lack of will. 

Screenshot_20190517-230301_Maps.jpg

2 hours ago, Darren said:

Yeah... nothing at all to worry about. I’m sure the £50m cost is totally covered and there will be no tears or regrets. ?

Hearts1975
15 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I see today that Aberdeen's new stadium has already gone up in price from £40mill to £50 mill and a spade hasn't touched the ground yet anyone think it will be a lot more on completion Im taking a guess and saying they will get no change out of £60mill, just a guess by the way

It will probably be out but I don’t think by much as Milne will make sure he tries to run it to budget 

if I was a sheepy supporter I would be more worried that the support doesn’t grow in line with the overall outcome of building the ground - all very well and good having a big flashy ground but not great when u have few supporters entering it 

7 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yeah... nothing at all to worry about. I’m sure the £50m cost is totally covered and there will be no tears or regrets. ?

It's going to go horribly wrong for them definitely ?

Unknown user
15 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

It will probably be out but I don’t think by much as Milne will make sure he tries to run it to budget 

if I was a sheepy supporter I would be more worried that the support doesn’t grow in line with the overall outcome of building the ground - all very well and good having a big flashy ground but not great when u have few supporters entering it 

Doesn't every single project have someone trying to make it run on budget, including ours?

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Doesn't every single project have someone trying to make it run on budget, including ours?

They do but he has made a fortune from his Company tending to suggest that he gets it right more than he gets it wrong 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

They do but he has made a fortune from his Company tending to suggest that he gets it right more than he gets it wrong 

So has Ann Budge and we're 50% over budget, while Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy are worth 5bn+ and Spurs' stadium is more than 100% over budget IIRC.

Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So has Ann Budge and we're 50% over budget, while Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy are worth 5bn+ and Spurs' stadium is more than 100% over budget IIRC.

Not sure on the spurs budget but neither Ann Budge or Daniel Levy own successful construction Companies ? 

Could be wrong but I just think Milne will throw his best people at this particular project 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Not sure on the spurs budget but neither Ann Budge or Daniel Levy own successful construction Companies ? 

Could be wrong but I just think Milne will throw his best people at this particular project 

His company isn't building it

crichiejambos
On 17 May 2019 at 11:20, Boab said:

Just seen and realised, mate.

That’s some wedge for a stadium !

Wow !

Aye but it's got a cheese room so all good!

buzzbomb1958

I think this will end in tears ,that's the point I was trying to make,just saying it's amazing how people manage to hijack a thread to hear their own voice ,who gives a shit about an English club with more money than sense and they still can't win **** all big stadium full of fans who have been ripped off cos their team are a bunch of losers

Alfie Conn
On 17/05/2019 at 22:44, benny said:

How many seats are that price.

London clubs usually have the highest ticket prices in England.

My City season card was £400.£21 a game.

Second lowest price.Tried seats double the price a few rows back.Saw no reason to move.

Not sure mate. We have 42k STs and 8k corporate STs. So around 10-12k at each of the £1k, £1200 and £1500 brackets I imagine. 

Alfie Conn
2 hours ago, crichiejambos said:

Aye but it's got a cheese room so all good!

Urban myth. There is no cheese room. 

I wish there was though.

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

His company isn't building it

Sorry, your right it isn’t 

I just think that with him making his millions from construction that he won’t leave anything to chance 

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Sorry, your right it isn’t 

I just think that with him making his millions from construction that he won’t leave anything to chance 

Of course he'll have contacts etc, but he and his company have zero experience in building stadiums. I'm sure he'll try to keep it on budget but he's never faced anything like this before, just like Budge and Levy.

17 hours ago, Smithee said:

Of course he'll have contacts etc, but he and his company have zero experience in building stadiums. I'm sure he'll try to keep it on budget but he's never faced anything like this before, just like Budge and Levy.

Just for the record had a chat with an SFA person who has links with Aberdeen yesterday who reaffirmed what we spoke about in regards to Pittodrie. Who would of thought the Aberdeen board knew better than some posters on here