So it begins

buzzbomb1958

buzzbomb1958

I see today that Aberdeen's new stadium has already gone up in price from £40mill to £50 mill and a spade hasn't touched the ground yet anyone think it will be a lot more on completion Im taking a guess and saying they will get no change out of £60mill, just a guess by the way

The Treasurer

Just wait until they realise this price doesn't include seats :D

Edited by The Treasurer

Alfie Conn

Ours went from £400m to £850m which is broadly in line with the builders golden rule....whatever you are quoted...double it. 

Just now, Alfie Conn said:

Ours went from £400m to £850m which is broadly in line with the builders golden rule....whatever you are quoted...double it. 

Wha...?

?

Oh, Spurs !  Thank god, thought That was ‘ us’ there !

Alfie Conn
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Wha...?

?

Oh, Spurs !  Thank god, thought That was ‘ us’ there !

I thinnk my user name adds to the confusion but my avatar gives it away ?

Just now, Alfie Conn said:

I thinnk my user name adds to the confusion but my avatar gives it away ?

Just seen and realised, mate.

That’s some wedge for a stadium !

Wow !

A £50m+, sheep shaped white elephant.

Aberdeen FC have a ceiling, potential wise, and I genuinely feel these plans are way to grandiose and ambitious. Geographically they have limited appeal to most of the Scottish population and I can't see them being bigger and better than they are now. 

Alfie Conn
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Just seen and realised, mate.

That’s some wedge for a stadium !

Wow !

It'll only take another 708 years for the cost of my season ticket to pay it off!

4 minutes ago, Alfie Conn said:

It'll only take another 708 years for the cost of my season ticket to pay it off!

How much is it, mate, if you don’t mind me asking ?

Good luck to them if they can improve their stadium. I think they'll be affected by the relocation though. Crowds to dwindle methinks. Thankful we're still in Gorgie.

Cruyff Turn

Stewart Milne is as rich as he is, with one of the most successful construction businesses in the Country for a reason. They’ll deliver it on time and on budget.

tokyowalnut

I think it's good that another Premier league team is invested a massive amount of cash into infrastructure. We knock Scottish for being a bit crap, someone else does something positive and we slag them off for it. 

We should've used their architect, their corners are filled in!!

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Alfie Conn said:

Thought the Levy Dome was one £1billion?

Stephen Muddie
58 minutes ago, Boab said:

Hope you don't mind someone else answering... About £1200 it looks like, top of my head maths

3 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Hope you don't mind someone else answering... About £1200 it looks like, top of my head maths

Not at all.

Mental eh ! That’s £63 a game !

?

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not at all.

?

Surely there will be cheaper areas.

Bound to be a range of prices.

Stephen Muddie
8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not at all.

?

:indeed:

28 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I think it's good that another Premier league team is invested a massive amount of cash into infrastructure. We knock Scottish for being a bit crap, someone else does something positive and we slag them off for it. 

We should've used their architect, their corners are filled in!!

It'll still not be a patch on Tynecastle though.

Alfie Conn
1 hour ago, Boab said:

£1200 for 19 games. Last season was £695 for 21. So only a 91% increase on a match by match basis.

To be fair, i could have bought a £995 one but didn't want to get altitude sickness at every game. 

Alfie Conn
55 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Thought the Levy Dome was one £1billion?

Nearer £850mn but that includes quite a bit of other stuff as well as the stadium itself.

Some of our corporate packages are in the £100k per annum range and the stadium is taking £800k+ in food and drink revenue per match so im sure it will all work out in the end.

Hopefully we will get a decent naming rights deal which will also help.....a firm without a red logo hopefully. 

Alfie Conn
53 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

No worries. Predominantly £1k-£1500 but with a £700-£220 range.

For the £700 tickets you also have to have a childs ticket - ie, a family ticket although there are very few of these.  

5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Stewart Milne is as rich as he is, with one of the most successful construction businesses in the Country for a reason. They’ll deliver it on time and on budget.

That will be near impossible on both fronts . 

3 hours ago, Alfie Conn said:

£1200 for 19 games. Last season was £695 for 21. So only a 91% increase on a match by match basis.

To be fair, i could have bought a £995 one but didn't want to get altitude sickness at every game. 

Cheers.

Steep !

Back to 2005
3 hours ago, Alfie Conn said:

That's outrageous! Working mans game...

6 hours ago, martoon said:

I genuinely feel these plans are way to grandiose and ambitious. . 

Their new stadium is smaller, in terms of capacity, than their current one!

4 hours ago, Alfie Conn said:

Nearer £850mn but that includes quite a bit of other stuff as well as the stadium itself.

Some of our corporate packages are in the £100k per annum range and the stadium is taking £800k+ in food and drink revenue per match so im sure it will all work out in the end.

Hopefully we will get a decent naming rights deal which will also help.....a firm without a red logo hopefully. 

Would be interested to know what we make on food (CHIPS) every match...

6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

His company isn't building it, he builds houses. Big bloody hoose that'll be.....

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

That will be near impossible on both fronts . 

Most projects are delivered on time and on budget if they are done professionally. Which I’m sure they will have been. 

26 minutes ago, GYL said:

His company isn't building it, he builds houses. Big bloody hoose that'll be.....

Yes, but his contracts and terms will be watertight. As long as there is no changes to the design, then everything will have been quantified and prices will be agreed. 

Not a chance this will be done on time without huge financial issues for Aberdeen. ?

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Didn't know that. 

2 hours ago, Darren said:

Indeed. It is also a lot more expensive, harder to get to and from, and totally unnecessary. ?

Bazzas right boot

Got a feeling that Milne or thier American investor would step in and help financially if required. 

8 hours ago, Alfie Conn said:

Was that not our fecking pointless parliament building/monstrosity?

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Indeed. It is also a lot more expensive, harder to get to and from, and totally unnecessary. ?

Their current stadium is falling apart so don't agree with you on the last part. It's in a ridiculous location, though, and I'm still fairly sure it won't happen. If it does it will be a disaster.

20 minutes ago, Darren said:

Their current stadium is falling apart so don't agree with you on the last part. It's in a ridiculous location, though, and I'm still fairly sure it won't happen. If it does it will be a disaster.

Been through all of this before. There is no reason they can’t rebuild on Pittodrie site, other than Wiggy wanting to build there.

3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Most projects are delivered on time and on budget if they are done professionally. Which I’m sure they will have been. 

Yes, but his contracts and terms will be watertight. As long as there is no changes to the design, then everything will have been quantified and prices will be agreed. 

Not any I know of bigger the project more overbudget it tends to go. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Been through all of this before. There is no reason they can’t rebuild on Pittodrie site, other than Wiggy wanting to build there.

My understanding is that McInnes is putting Wiggy under pressure to provide top class facilities. 

Interesting week for them. Certainly some concern the fans may drift

41 minutes ago, Darren said:

No its still unnecessary. You can redevelop Pittodrie by turning the pitch. (Source - afc board) it is an absolute shithole inside. Was discussing it with someone today about how poor it is inside. We were struggling to come up with worse facilities. It will happen as they have no legal challenge. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

My understanding is that McInnes is putting Wiggy under pressure to provide top class facilities

Interesting week for them. Certainly some concern the fans may drift

I wonder how much of that is Wiggy putting it on McInnes so he has an out if it/when it goes tits. How many clubs have facilities on the doorstep of their ground? That was the claim , they need to do that to move forward. Not like they could utilise the Sports Village or anything

Unknown user
10 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Always thought it was £50m never seen £40m anywhere ??‍♂️

The whole project was meant to be 50 million,  10 for the training facilities, 40 for the stadium.

They've apparently got 12 million ready, which is to pay for thre training ground - I don't know if that's gone up by 20% or if the original figures were fudge. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I wonder how much of that is Wiggy putting it on McInnes so he has an out if it/when it goes tits. How many clubs have facilities on the doorstep of their ground? That was the claim , they need to do that to move forward. Not like they could utilise the Sports Village or anything

Why? What difference does it make?

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

No its still unnecessary. You can redevelop Pittodrie by turning the pitch. (Source - afc board) it is an absolute shithole inside. Was discussing it with someone today about how poor it is inside. We were struggling to come up with worse facilities. It will happen as they have no legal challenge. 

There's housing directly behind the stand the away fans go in and a road right behind the main stand. So how is that working?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Milne didn't spend anything until McInnes arrived.  There's no doubt McInnes is the driver.  Loving the power he has me thinks. Cormack makes an interesting mix.

They do have a very good marketing guy though.  Chap called Rob Wicks 

Can’t start a new thread about this as I don’t post much (if ever) on JKB.

I was only able to start a new thread within Help and Support.

Maybe a regular thread starter could assist? Here is what I posted:

Good friend of mine phoned me this afternoon immediately after talking to Ryan McGowan (of 5-1 fame) in the club store/ticket office. The legend stood and bought a ticket with zero recognition from staff. Should this be happening? I can only presume that the club were not aware of this situation? It’s not right - for obvious reasons. Surely he’d be a massive hit in the supporters suites at Tynecastle before the game.

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why would they need or want to rotate the pitch? The current footprints big enough for 20k, surely it's big enough for a bit less?

11 minutes ago, Darren said:

There's housing directly behind the stand the away fans go in and a road right behind the main stand. So how is that working?

It IS possible if you turn the pitch there is more than enough room. They could do it like Dundee Utds with 5stands. 

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why would they need or want to rotate the pitch? The current footprints big enough for 20k, surely it's big enough for a bit less?

It is but facilities are honking. To build a good modern stadium with 20k they would need to turn the pitch. 

Just now, sadj said:

It IS possible if you turn the pitch there is more than enough room. They could do it like Dundee Utds with 5stands. 

No, there isn't. There's barely enough room for the stands just now running down the side of the pitch. What angle are you proposing to turn the pitch by?