Pubs/bowling clubs pre-match

julienbrellier

sprinbox98
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd recommend you get to Clockwork for opening time.

Will it be really bad to get in if your not there bang on 11am? Have been to church on the hill a couple of times pre finals and it’s been really good.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mid Calder Jambo

• Forever Hearts

• Braminho

• Whatever

6 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

@ChrisW

Pubs on our side of the stadium;

Clockwork Beer co (Cathcart Rd)-  closest pub for us. A decent big pub with a good choice of beers but at the semi final they disappointingly were using plastic tumblers for all drinks.

Florida Park (Battlefield Rd) - small pub but staggering distance away. 

Armstrong's (Battlefield Rd) - never been in here but opinions on here seem to suggest it's decent. 

Minnesota Fats snooker club (Cathcart Rd) - strict access I think, mates used to go here before Scotland games and sure they had to book. 

The Ball Room Sports bar (Ledard Rd) - Snooker and pool club will likely be bookings only.

Glasgow Indoor bowling club (Prospecthill Rd) - Where my bus is going pre-match. Bookings only, opens at 10am.

Mt Florida bowling club (Carmunnock Rd) - Bookings only I'd imagine.

Beechings Bar (Clarkston Rd) - 20min walk,  never been so not sure what it's like. 

The Old Smiddy (Old Castle Rd) - 20min walk,  old traditional looking pub with plenty character and characters likely! A few on here have mentioned going here. 

Church on the Hill (Algie St) - 20 mins away,  large popular boozer. Several buses etc booked in here. 

That's it (I think) for drinking establishments within reasonable walking distance on our side of the stadium. 

I was hoping to rock up to the indoor bowling club on the morning [same as we done on the semi] and get in....only 2 of us....is it only buses that need booked in or do individuals need to book as well, any contact details handy?

Little fella would rather do that than get a bus through

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, sprinbox98 said:

Will it be really bad to get in if your not there bang on 11am? Have been to church on the hill a couple of times pre finals and it’s been really good.

I've no idea but given it's one of the closest to the stadium I'd expect it hit capacity. It's pretty big though.

7 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

@ChrisW

Pubs on our side of the stadium;

Clockwork Beer co (Cathcart Rd)-  closest pub for us. A decent big pub with a good choice of beers but at the semi final they disappointingly were using plastic tumblers for all drinks.

Florida Park (Battlefield Rd) - small pub but staggering distance away. 

Armstrong's (Battlefield Rd) - never been in here but opinions on here seem to suggest it's decent. 

Minnesota Fats snooker club (Cathcart Rd) - strict access I think, mates used to go here before Scotland games and sure they had to book. 

The Ball Room Sports bar (Ledard Rd) - Snooker and pool club will likely be bookings only.

Glasgow Indoor bowling club (Prospecthill Rd) - Where my bus is going pre-match. Bookings only, opens at 10am.

Mt Florida bowling club (Carmunnock Rd) - Bookings only I'd imagine.

Beechings Bar (Clarkston Rd) - 20min walk,  never been so not sure what it's like. 

The Old Smiddy (Old Castle Rd) - 20min walk,  old traditional looking pub with plenty character and characters likely! A few on here have mentioned going here. 

Church on the Hill (Algie St) - 20 mins away,  large popular boozer. Several buses etc booked in here. 

That's it (I think) for drinking establishments within reasonable walking distance on our side of the stadium. 

Tintos tapas bar as well. Hidden gem apparently. 

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Parkhead.  We like to play nearer the opposition. :)

Enjoy, it is a very good club, far too traditional for a number of JKB posters though I'd imagine. We were in it last twice we were at Hampden, going the other side of the stadium this time round.

Just been looking at where to go. I live in Burnside and was thinking about drinking in the house before jumping on the train to Mt Florida, tempted now to just get a taxi to Clockwork for 12ish if there is room to get in. 

Deans Jambo
3 hours ago, moz said:

I was hoping to rock up to the indoor bowling club on the morning [same as we done on the semi] and get in....only 2 of us....is it only buses that need booked in or do individuals need to book as well, any contact details handy?

Give them a call,  see what they say but I know they are giving out wristbands to those already booked in.

0141 632 3302

Deans Jambo
14 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Just been looking at where to go. I live in Burnside and was thinking about drinking in the house before jumping on the train to Mt Florida, tempted now to just get a taxi to Clockwork for 12ish if there is room to get in. 

Best get there for opening time....11am.

Indoor Bowling club is full try queens park supporters club, they have a bar upstairs also holds another 25.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Enjoy, it is a very good club, far too traditional for a number of JKB posters though I'd imagine. We were in it last twice we were at Hampden, going the other side of the stadium this time round.

Yes its the kind of place that sings the songs that we used to sing at Tynie but Auntie Ann doesn't allow now.  Yes was in it before the Celtic semi and The Hibs final and it was raucus both times.

Hectormasson
On 18/05/2019 at 11:42, toonland said:

Me and my brother going to head to city centre from queen street to, any idea if we’ll have bother showing colours?

Probably m8 ,just watch out and be careful, they hate us prob more than rangers,??????♥️

23 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Probably m8 ,just watch out and be careful, they hate us prob more than rangers,??????♥️

Lets hope so bud 

7 hours ago, moz said:

I phoned them up and they said the car park was full but we are welcome to park elsewhere and still get in ?

On 21/05/2019 at 03:56, Braminho said:

Spot the bald guy wearing a Barbour jacket  and grab a pint with him ?

There may be more than one!! Will do pal ?

23 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

Give them a call,  see what they say but I know they are giving out wristbands to those already booked in.

0141 632 3302

Right buddy...just spoke with them....

Buses are full, no more allowed in

Car parking is first come - first served on the day---no pre-booking available

If you get a car parking space you can enter the club...if you are not parking you cant get it....anyone on foot going by train or parking elsewhere etc wont get in.....

dodedajambo

Anyone heard of any Glasgow city centre pubs that will be jambo friendly tomorrow pre match? Cheers 

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, dodedajambo said:

Anyone heard of any Glasgow city centre pubs that will be jambo friendly tomorrow pre match? Cheers 

Keep back from the plastic paddy pubs and you'll be fine. 

3 hours ago, Macros said:

Is the Tynie Arms doing anything tomorrow, can't get a ticket so going to head there with my son 

They will be showing the game and getting very busy, I hope your sons over 18.

1 hour ago, obua said:

They will be showing the game and getting very busy, I hope your sons over 18

Yeah he's 21