Pubs/bowling clubs pre-match

julienbrellier

5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Ball Room Sportsbar for us ??

Thats where I’m planning, will we be alright with colours?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mid Calder Jambo

• Forever Hearts

• Braminho

• Whatever

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Braminho said:

Thats where I’m planning, will we be alright with colours?

Yeah colours fine but now sold out if you haven’t already booked ??

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah colours fine but now sold out if you haven’t already booked ??

Ahh didn’t realise I had to book 

Bowling Club just outside Glasgow coming from the South side. 

15 mins on the bus to Hampden. Luvly jubbly.

CloustonHMFC

Glasgow police have definitely limited the amount of fans in certain establishments. My mate tried to book 3 buses into a bowling club and was told he could only have 2 because the police told them no more then 2 buses and they already had 4 buses booked in. 

Edited by clouston1992

HeartofIron
On 17/05/2019 at 07:48, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I believe that the Glesga Polis have already been in to bowling clubs and told them no hearts supporters and that they limited in the numbers that can be "signed in".  So the GFA are trying to stuff us both ways, friendly ref for the Tims and unfriendly Polis for us. Normal Glasgow practice then.

I believe that the above is complete and utter shite. 

Except for the ref bit. 

sprinbox98
29 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Glasgow police have definitely limited the amount of fans in certain establishments. My mate tried to book 3 buses into a bowling club and was told he could only have 2 because the police told them no more then 2 buses and they already had 4 buses booked in. 

Maybe they could only accommodate 6 buses and wanted to leave some space open to walk ups on the day??

41 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Not having it.

Every bowling/social club will have a maximum occupancy.

The police can only attempt to ensure those numbers are adhered to.

Edited by Whatever

Ricardo Shillyshally
56 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Not having it.

57 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Not having it.

The social club I'm going to has been told no more than 4 buses.

CloustonHMFC
9 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I don’t get why people think other folk would come on here just making stuff up for the sake of it.

Mid Calder Jambo
10 hours ago, HeartofIron said:

I believe that the above is complete and utter shite. 

Except for the ref bit. 

It is not utter shite.  if you have a look at the next post it is exactly the same message that a friend of mine got when trying to book a bus in to a bowling club.  This bowling club had been told by the Polis "no more than 15 signed in".  Please dont accuse me of talking utter shite as my time is too valuable to come on  here and post something that I think is not true.

9 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I’m guessing 4 bus loads will fall under the clubs maximum occupancy and 5 wouldn’t.

28 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

I don’t get why people think other folk would come on here just making stuff up for the sake of it.

I’m attempting to give a reason as to why bowling/social clubs will only be allowed x amount of bus loads in.

CloustonHMFC
2 hours ago, Whatever said:

I’m attempting to give a reason as to why bowling/social clubs will only be allowed x amount of bus loads in.

The reason is simple, Glasgow Police don’t want large crowds of Hearts fans congregating in Glasgow. The exact quote from the bowling club in question was ‘I’m sorry but we can allow another two buses in, the police have said we are only allowed 4 bus loads’. If they were at capacity, I’m sure they’d have said ‘I’m sorry but that would take us over maximum capacity’. There’s plenty people on this thread saying the same thing, are we all making stuff up and talking shite?

Edited by clouston1992

1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

The reason is simple, Glasgow Police don’t want large crowds of Hearts fans congregating in Glasgow. The exact quote from the bowling club in question was ‘I’m sorry but we can allow another two buses in, the police have said we are only allowed 4 bus loads’. If they were at capacity, I’m sure they’d have said ‘I’m sorry but that would take us over maximum capacity’. There’s plenty people on this thread saying the same thing, are all making stuff up and taking shite?

Garbage.

If a club has capacity for 300 people the club would risk losing their license if they allowed more people in than that.

If the police have been doing the rounds they’ll ask to see documentation of the maximum occupancy of the club and give a number of how many buses are allowed based on the number of members and anything else that may be on that day.

The difference between say 2 buses and 4 buses is over 100 people and is huge in terms of numbers when capacity is often only 2 or 3 times that.

Social/bowling clubs are often different from pubs in that everyone inside has to be accounted for. Hence the need for memberships and non members signing in at the door.

On 17/05/2019 at 18:52, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Clarkston is nearer Kilmornock than Hampden ?  I was talking about the Clubs around Queens Park area

On 17/05/2019 at 17:09, farin said:

Dunfy hearts have 6 busses booked in at Clarkston Bowling & Tennis Club & Busby Bowling Club .... 

Live about 10 mins from Clarkston. Do you need to book in beforehand? 

On 17/05/2019 at 23:57, farin said:

From the horses mouth. 

A Message from The SHED:

PLEASE NOTE THE KICK OFF TIME HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AS 3pm SO OUR EVENT TIMES ARE 11am-3pm

LAST GUARENTEED ENTRY FOR TICKETS IS 12pm THEN WE WILL BE LETTING ANYONE IN WITHOUT TICKETS IF THERE IS SPACE. 

Cheers mate, assuming it'll be rammed but good to know ?

Glasgow city centre pubs that are ‘hearts friendly’!

2006 I was in the Horseshoe, [Clockwork Brewery 2012), 2013 (LC) the Society Rooms, which were fine. However I’m not sure how the ‘Celtic factor’ changes the dynamics!

Planning to spend up to 2 hours (12-2) between Queen St & Central stations, hopefully in a decent pub(s)! I don’t want to be in a hostile environment, I will be wearing maroon & white, can anyone suggest suitable venues??

Help - thanks

Big Slim Stylee
On 17/05/2019 at 15:36, Forever Hearts said:

First I've heard of that. 

It’s a war out there I tell ya ?

On 17/05/2019 at 17:09, farin said:

Dunfy hearts have 6 busses booked in at Clarkston Bowling & Tennis Club & Busby Bowling Club .... 

On 18/05/2019 at 21:05, clouston1992 said:

On 18/05/2019 at 21:45, Whatever said:

Not having it.

15 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

It is not utter shite.  if you have a look at the next post it is exactly the same message that a friend of mine got when trying to book a bus in to a bowling club.  This bowling club had been told by the Polis "no more than 15 signed in".  Please dont accuse me of talking utter shite as my time is too valuable to come on  here and post something that I think is not true.

The Dunfermline & District had to split the 6 buses between the Clarkston and Busby, occupancy for each club could not accommodate 6 bus loads hence the split. 

Clarkston is a decent size so 200 odd fans should be ample without alerting health and safety officers and the law.

7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

2006 I was in the Horseshoe, [Clockwork Brewery 2012), 2013 (LC) the Society Rooms, which were fine. However I’m not sure how the ‘Celtic factor’ changes the dynamics!

Planning to spend up to 2 hours (12-2) between Queen St & Central stations, hopefully in a decent pub(s)! I don’t want to be in a hostile environment, I will be wearing maroon & white, can anyone suggest suitable venues??

Help - thanks

Armstrongs on battlefield road is where il be heading, it’s at our end of the ground and opens at 11

Indoor bowling club for us same as 2012 pick up point the same as 2012, same route, I'll be wearing the same boxers, I'll be drinking the same 14 pints before the game, same prawn sandwich in transit along the M8

No that I'm superstitious 

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Help - thanks

Maltman, Auctioneers, Sir John Moore or Crystal Palace. 

18 hours ago, farin said:

I already know all this ??‍♂️

Yes, well aware of that but my response was for the benefit of the others on the back end of the point you made. 

?

Rocky jamboa

We normally go to the ivory hotel before Scotland games so planning to head there. It's just before church on the hill.

Anyone else planning on going there? 

chester copperpot

Lanarkshire Hearts booked in to the Motherwell miners club from 11am.

Should be a laugh

54 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Should be a laugh

And you're on the bell ??

portobellojambo1
On 18/05/2019 at 08:23, Mid Calder Jambo said:

You are asking me to reveal secrets that I am on my honour not to.  What i will say is that I will be on one of those buses and when we win I will celebrate in the BB.

Pre match will you be heading to a club near Ibrox or one much nearer Parkhead :)

Traveling alone from Norway for my first ever cup final. Would be great to meet up with Hearts fans before the game. Can you recommend any pubs near Hampden that would be possible to get into?

23 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Traveling alone from Norway for my first ever cup final. Would be great to meet up with Hearts fans before the game. Can you recommend any pubs near Hampden that would be possible to get into?

23 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Ditto, Armstrong’s is next to it and it’s just us hearts fans, opens at 11 and they don’t take bookings 

The Ginger Jambo

Anyone know if wristbands or entry fees/prebookings are needed for Glasgow Indoor Bowling Club?

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Should be a laugh

Chester we’re there too. We’ll be chapping on the door at 1045!

heartsfc_fan
3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Should be a laugh

I'm hitching a lift with the Manchester Hearts bus and I think we might be there (we're certainly going via a Motherwell establishment anyway for drinks)

chester copperpot
12 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I'm hitching a lift with the Manchester Hearts bus and I think we might be there (we're certainly going via a Motherwell establishment anyway for drinks)

The miners club is pretty close to the M74 so shouldn't be too long a trip to the dump.

53 minutes ago, The Ginger Jambo said:

Anyone know if wristbands or entry fees/prebookings are needed for Glasgow Indoor Bowling Club?

Yes they are.

Edited by graygo

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Everyone seem's to have missed this post from ChrisW, help the guy oot FFS

19 hours ago, Braminho said:

Armstrongs on battlefield road is where il be heading, it’s at our end of the ground and opens at 11

Us too ?

Deans Jambo
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Everyone seem's to have missed this post from ChrisW, help the guy oot FFS

Except the post directly after his! ?

Deans Jambo

@ChrisW

Pubs on our side of the stadium;

Clockwork Beer co (Cathcart Rd)-  closest pub for us. A decent big pub with a good choice of beers but at the semi final they disappointingly were using plastic tumblers for all drinks.

Florida Park (Battlefield Rd) - small pub but staggering distance away. 

Armstrong's (Battlefield Rd) - never been in here but opinions on here seem to suggest it's decent. 

Minnesota Fats snooker club (Cathcart Rd) - strict access I think, mates used to go here before Scotland games and sure they had to book. 

The Ball Room Sports bar (Ledard Rd) - Snooker and pool club will likely be bookings only.

Glasgow Indoor bowling club (Prospecthill Rd) - Where my bus is going pre-match. Bookings only, opens at 10am.

Mt Florida bowling club (Carmunnock Rd) - Bookings only I'd imagine.

Beechings Bar (Clarkston Rd) - 20min walk,  never been so not sure what it's like. 

The Old Smiddy (Old Castle Rd) - 20min walk,  old traditional looking pub with plenty character and characters likely! A few on here have mentioned going here. 

Church on the Hill (Algie St) - 20 mins away,  large popular boozer. Several buses etc booked in here. 

That's it (I think) for drinking establishments within reasonable walking distance on our side of the stadium. 

2 hours ago, Piper1874 said:

Us too ?

Spot the bald guy wearing a Barbour jacket  and grab a pint with him ?

allystrachan

I think we’re planning on going to Church on the Hill. 

There was lots of folk recommending this place for the semi. Seemed decent but seeing as there weren't serving drink at the time I went for a stroll instead & ended up in a bar that will be at the Celtic end this time.

7 hours ago, Braminho said:

Ditto, Armstrong’s is next to it and it’s just us hearts fans, opens at 11 and they don’t take bookings 

Thanks???

3 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

@ChrisW

Pubs on our side of the stadium;

Clockwork Beer co (Cathcart Rd)-  closest pub for us. A decent big pub with a good choice of beers but at the semi final they disappointingly were using plastic tumblers for all drinks.

Florida Park (Battlefield Rd) - small pub but staggering distance away. 

Armstrong's (Battlefield Rd) - never been in here but opinions on here seem to suggest it's decent. 

Minnesota Fats snooker club (Cathcart Rd) - strict access I think, mates used to go here before Scotland games and sure they had to book. 

The Ball Room Sports bar (Ledard Rd) - Snooker and pool club will likely be bookings only.

Glasgow Indoor bowling club (Prospecthill Rd) - Where my bus is going pre-match. Bookings only, opens at 10am.

Mt Florida bowling club (Carmunnock Rd) - Bookings only I'd imagine.

Beechings Bar (Clarkston Rd) - 20min walk,  never been so not sure what it's like. 

The Old Smiddy (Old Castle Rd) - 20min walk,  old traditional looking pub with plenty character and characters likely! A few on here have mentioned going here. 

Church on the Hill (Algie St) - 20 mins away,  large popular boozer. Several buses etc booked in here. 

That's it (I think) for drinking establishments within reasonable walking distance on our side of the stadium. 

Thank you?????

Mid Calder Jambo
10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Pre match will you be heading to a club near Ibrox or one much nearer Parkhead :)

Parkhead.  We like to play nearer the opposition. :)

On 17/05/2019 at 15:35, bn jambo said:

were planning to have just a couple/overindulge in wetherspoons in George square then head to clockwork beer company fairly early, but no doubt will end up staying in Wetherspoons, getting a taxi to Hampden and missing the first five minutes queuing to get in !!!!  (much like the semi :) )

Remember to download the spoons app and you can order drink without leaving your table! You can also order just before you arrive so it’s all ready for you ?