Pubs/bowling clubs pre-match

julienbrellier

julienbrellier

So where is everyone going to have a few prior to the final?  We all know how the police are through there with the drink on the street so hoping to find a big venue inside with lots of jambos to enjoy a few before going in.

anyone going anywhere close they would recommend?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mid Calder Jambo

• Forever Hearts

• Braminho

• Whatever

Mid Calder Jambo

I believe that the Glesga Polis have already been in to bowling clubs and told them no hearts supporters and that they limited in the numbers that can be "signed in".  So the GFA are trying to stuff us both ways, friendly ref for the Tims and unfriendly Polis for us. Normal Glasgow practice then.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Joey you booked into there on a bus mate 

Yes. On one of the Bonnyrigg busses. 

Going to see our BROTHERS for a few, but I’m no telling you where! ???

Edited by Shaggy2

Midloth_Iain

Have seen a couple of private events advertised / organised in some of the Southside establishments 10 - 20 mins walk from the ground. Although I believe they are now sold out.

We are going to a Lanarkshire social club and bus straight to the game from there ...

2 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Have seen a couple of private events advertised / organised in some of the Southside establishments 10 - 20 mins walk from the ground. Although I believe they are now sold out.

We are going to a Lanarkshire social club and bus straight to the game from there ...

The Shed In shawlands was the big one. Not sure if it’s sold out yet.

If you’re into raucous, that’s your place !

Calebs Grandad
2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

??

Perrykitch
5 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The Indoor bowling centre. Bar opens at 10.

Thanks. I was there in 2012 actually, presume it won´t be ticketed or anything like last time?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Perrykitch said:

Thanks. I was there in 2012 actually, presume it won´t be ticketed or anything like last time?

As far as I am aware you need wristbands to get in. The person organising our bus is handing them out to us next week. 

jambocraig89

the old smiddy is where me and my mates will be heading easy place to get parked and have some light refreshments and something to eat prior to the game about 15 mins walk away from the ground but think its mentioned no colours so as long as you have a light jacket or top covering your hearts top you will be fine. expect it to be slightly less busy than the likes of the clockwork and florida park bar. 

Edited by jambocraig89

7 minutes ago, jambocraig89 said:

the old smiddy is where me and my mates will be heading easy place to get parked and have some light refreshments and something to eat prior to the game about 15 mins walk away from the ground but think its mentioned no colours so as long as you have a light jacket or top covering your hearts top you will be fine. expect it to be slightly less busy than the likes of the clockwork and florida park bar. 

Not after you posting that it won't!

Phil Dunphy
6 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I believe that the Glesga Polis have already been in to bowling clubs and told them no hearts supporters and that they limited in the numbers that can be "signed in".  So the GFA are trying to stuff us both ways, friendly ref for the Tims and unfriendly Polis for us. Normal Glasgow practice then.

Based on what information?

were planning to have just a couple/overindulge in wetherspoons in George square then head to clockwork beer company fairly early, but no doubt will end up staying in Wetherspoons, getting a taxi to Hampden and missing the first five minutes queuing to get in !!!!  (much like the semi :) )

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

4 of us ticketed for the Shed

Ditto

But 30 of us. 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Crete said:

I'm going to McDonald's for a whopper meal and a large milkshake. 

No you're not. 

3 hours ago, jambocraig89 said:

the old smiddy is where me and my mates will be heading easy place to get parked and have some light refreshments

I went there for the first time last week, decent place and a nice part of town. I'll probably venture out to Church on the Hill, if it's busy then it'll be back in the flat until about 2pm then down to the stadium.

Mid Calder Jambo
4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Based on what information?

On information from someone booking a bus into another bowling.  I wouldn't post pish if it wasn't true.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, farin said:

Dunfy hearts have 6 busses booked in at Clarkston Bowling & Tennis Club & Busby Bowling Club .... 

Clarkston is nearer Kilmornock than Hampden ?  I was talking about the Clubs around Queens Park area.

The bus I'm on is heading to the Church on the hill, looks a wee bit like a platform 5.

Couldn’t get any tickets for the shed, they advised that next door ‘butterfly and pig’ is doing the same pre match carry on, kids welcome also. Taking the boy

Forever Hearts
27 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Clarkston is nearer Kilmornock than Hampden ?  I was talking about the Clubs around Queens Park area.

Is it? 

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Is it? 

I know it isn't.  You know it isn't.  The sarcasm was to make a point.

The club my bus is going to will be reached from our depature point quicker than it will take us to get from that club to Hampden.

The Gleaga Polis don't want us in town and have done what they can to disperse us all over

Am I right in thinking you don't necessarily need a ticket to get into the shed? Think I read doors open at 11am for ticket holders and 12pm for everyone else. Could be wrong though. 

12 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The Indoor bowling centre. Bar opens at 10.

12 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

12 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Yes. On one of the Bonnyrigg busses. 

Ive got the tenerife bus  booked in  and a mini bus....

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I know it isn't.  You know it isn't.  The sarcasm was to make a point.

The club my bus is going to will be reached from our depature point quicker than it will take us to get from that club to Hampden.

The Gleaga Polis don't want us in town and have done what they can to disperse us all over

First I've heard of that. 

Benny Factor
1 hour ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

On information from someone booking a bus into another bowling.  I wouldn't post pish if it wasn't true.

Are you going on the Livi or the BB bus?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Ditto

But 30 of us. 

Ditto.

But 46 of us.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
3 hours ago, JH-HMFC said:

Am I right in thinking you don't necessarily need a ticket to get into the shed? Think I read doors open at 11am for ticket holders and 12pm for everyone else. Could be wrong though. 

Only if folk with tickets don’t turn up by midday. 

Mid Calder Jambo
11 hours ago, EarnockJambo said:

Are you going on the Livi or the BB bus?

You are asking me to reveal secrets that I am on my honour not to.  What i will say is that I will be on one of those buses and when we win I will celebrate in the BB.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

Ditto.

But 46 of us.

Cannae beat a big sausage fest. 

Our bus is heading to the orange hall in Rutherglen. 10 minutes from Hampden and responsible priced alcohol!

Anyone any tickets for shed or pig next door and can’t go I’m looking, cheers.

Edited by VivaObua

Bus booked into a nearby bowling club.we have been issued with entry tickets for said club.No ticket no get in

56 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Our bus is heading to the orange hall in Rutherglen. 10 minutes from Hampden and responsible priced alcohol!

£10+ per pint (??) that will reduce your consumption it would be irresponsible to drink a lot - seems reasonable to me each to their own ...

Me and my brother going to head to city centre from queen street to, any idea if we’ll have bother showing colours?

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, toonland said:

Me and my brother going to head to city centre from queen street to, any idea if we’ll have bother showing colours?

You'll be fine.