If we win

Herbert.

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Dunno.... will be smashed so won’t remember 

Same. Pretty sure the wife will be placing missing person posters up looking for me. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Same. Pretty sure the wife will be placing missing person posters up looking for me. 

Nah, she'll be awright. ?

Celtic Park for rugby for me and rugby supporting wife.

Wedding anniversary so a mutual agreement*

Sitting at CP, with Hearts top on and big cheesy cup final winning grin.

*Even if rugby hadn't been on, I'd be at Hampden.

Another Robbo

Running in the Edinburgh Marathon Festival the next day so a quiet night for me whatever the result is. That said I’ve had some good running times with a hangover ??

Edinburgh Marathon that weekend, that might interfere with any parade plans when we bring the cup back for a triumphant Sunday parade.

Walter Burns

My wife has tickets for a charity event at Tynecastle on the Sunday afternoon....about 200 tickets sold....so don't know what will happen when we win and return with parade that day....

1 hour ago, brux said:

Edinburgh Marathon that weekend, that might interfere with any parade plans when we bring the cup back for a triumphant Sunday parade.

If we win, **** the marathon. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be interesting to see who post on this thread. 

Edinburgh then back North East for a gloat 

tynietigers

The last 3 Scottish Cup wins I have been working the next day ? but this time I am free until Tuesday ☺️

2 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

The last 3 Scottish Cup wins I have been working the next day ? but this time I am pished until Tuesday ☺️

FTFY.

Straight to Georgie after hampden, pretty sure there will be a stop for a carry out on the way back though.

gorgie again on Sunday, not flying back to Lewis until Monday evening so the drinking will not stop until Monday morning.

Imagine that moment the cap’n walks out on the balcony at the top of the new stand with the Big Cup in hand to greet the masses on the Plaza.

:pleasing:

Might need Firework Phil back to light up the sky with maroon and white trailblazers. 

letsalldothebeattie

Straight to Parkhead for the Pro14 Final just seen that they will have booze on sale in the ground so the party will be well underway then out after that and find myself in Gorgie on the Sunday for the parade and another day of boozing

Doctor FinnBarr

Victory parade on the Sunday for me (please please please) but I'll need to keep a lid on things as I've the jury hotline to phone after 5. Its a nap I'll be called in for the high court on the Monday

Finlay James

Back to gorgie on Saturday when we win and pished from there through until Monday 

Edited by Finlay James

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Celtic Park for rugby for me and rugby supporting wife.

Wedding anniversary so a mutual agreement*

Sitting at CP, with Hearts top on and big cheesy cup final winning grin.

*Even if rugby hadn't been on, I'd be at Hampden.

Deary, deary me.

Robbo-Jambo
5 hours ago, Herbert said:

What do we do?

Back to gorgie or will it be the next day everyone heads up?

We do the same thing as we have done the last 3 times.

Team bus will come through Gorgie on the Saturday night and a open top bus parade from the town back to Gorgie on Sunday afternoon.

I’m at the Edinburgh craft beer festival so will be nuggets regardless. Hopefully dragging my hungover arse to another Gorgie parade 

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

It's a good question. I realised in '98 after the game I had no idea what we were supposed to do!  Ended up going back to my mum and dad's which I don't regret at all as we had a bit of a party and my dad's no longer with us but do regret not going to gorgie as well. The Sunday was sublime though. Ossians golden rule,  parade, tynie,  off on the Monday. Barry. 

Me and my mates were the same after 98. We travelled on the train that day. Prior to the game we were in a boozer quite close to the city centre (don't really know the weeg that well so I don't have a clue what pub or where it was). Turned out it was a rangers pub.

Actually had a good crack before the game with the huns. For some reason we just went there afterwards, had an amazing night in there, no trouble at all. The rangers fans wouldn't let us buy a drink for ourselves, they kept the pints coming. Train back to Edinburgh about 9 ish, still unsure what to do, headed along gorgie and ended up in someones flat, not sure who's.

We knew what to do on the Sunday though when the drinking started again. I'm sure I still had a part of that hangover 2 years later.

Edited by superjack

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve got gigs to play on both the Saturday and Sunday nights so a soberish celebration for me. ?

That's not a very rock n roll attitude Dave!

Doctor FinnBarr
8 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's not a very rock n roll attitude Dave!

Playing "Penny Arcade" in hun pubs if you ask me

I'll add an lol for the advoidance of doubt that I'm only having a laugh

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

N Lincs Jambo

For me straight back down south unfortunately. I will envy you guys partying on Gorgie Road and the open top bus on the Sunday ?

4 hours ago, Walter Burns said:

My wife has tickets for a charity event at Tynecastle on the Sunday afternoon....about 200 tickets sold....so don't know what will happen when we win and return with parade that day....

Club obviously think we won't be needing Tynecastle then.

Great thread this.  I remember planning an all night party when we won the cup in 98.  The reality was that after I got back to Gorgie to see the team bus and then found myself in Ryries watching Sportscene I ended up home tucked up in bed around midnight.  Absolutely drained mentally and physically.   2006 I stayed at my mates down meadowbank and we had late drinks in Golden Gates.  2012 I ened up in Deacon Brodies drinking Black Stella!!  I love the random nature of it all.  Going by train this year, The Shed pre match and god knows where after.  Excited.  

Dalstonjambo

I’ve booked an open return on the train back to London on the Sunday, just in case...

Haven’t told the wife yet. Figure if we lose i’ll be hungover and want out of Edinburgh anyway so i’ll be on an early train home on Sunday, but if we win i’ll be so happy I won’t care a jot how angry she is that i’ll be home god knows when. 

14 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

If we win...am getn pished. Bank holiday Monday tae so it’s a 2 day bender :yas:

I've taken the whole week off to celebrate, not back to work until the 3rd of June

:yas::yas:

19 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, she'll be awright. ?

? That's very true. She'll enjoy the peace