Will Naismith make the final?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Someone asked on the other thread, but wasn't heard over the noise. Probably the most important question of our season, does anyone have any ITK news?

letsalldothebeattie

Well if you believe everything that’s been put in public eye from the press etc then no

i still have a wee feeling he may make the bench 

Howdy Doody Jambo

He's not played for months, you just can't turn up and be up to speed, it's a cup final, he's no chance of being match fit, for the sake of one game he would be better returning for preseason 

I'm sure I read that he was in the dressing room for the semi final helping the manager/coaches so I expect he'll do the same for the final. From what I've read I can't see him getting anywhere near the pitch unfortunatley.

Nah why give someone a contract then knowing they are not fully recovered risk blowing for one game - Naismith over 3 years is potentially worth more to us than one cup final IMO. 

NaturalOrder74

Think the only source that suggests he won’t be involved is a click bait article in the sun

upgotheheads

Surely if he had a chance of even making the bench he would have been seen at Riccarton by now  doing some running and serious training, unless they're doing stuff indoors and out of site. Even then something would have leaked.

Pans Jambo

I would only want to see him if he is completely over his injury. Imagine him signing for us, coming back too early and getting injured again because of it then missing pre-season because hes had to have surgery again? Fek that!

32 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Heart says yes, head says no. Then there’s the maybe, possibly, long shot ... 

Is your Heart Steven Naismith’s legs? 

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I would only want to see him if he is completely over his injury. Imagine him signing for us, coming back too early and getting injured again because of it then missing pre-season because hes had to have surgery again? Fek that!

I'd much rather have the chance of the ability, desire and determination he provides on the pitch for the Scottish Cup final (and chance to stop celtic winning a treble treble etc) than pin all our hopes on him being fit for 38 games next season like we have tried to do this one.

The Treasurer
43 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I'm sure I read that he was in the dressing room for the semi final helping the manager/coaches so I expect he'll do the same for the final. From what I've read I can't see him getting anywhere near the pitch unfortunatley.

I think it's a given that he will be heavily involved in the build up and on match day.

Unfortunately this won't be in a playing capacity.

A half fit Steven Naismith is of no use to us as he won’t add anything different to what we have. Let’s not forget some of his worst performances in a hearts jersey have came when not fully fit, his performance away to hibs in the 2-0 defeat sticks out the most. The other thing to look at it is how it will effect the squad in the build up. People like MacLean/Uche/Clare/Lee etc if they don’t fully believe they are gonna make the starting 11 and think they’ll be replaced by a half fit Naismith, not a great place to be. Levein and Naismith have said he won’t be involved, I fully expect not to see him in a hearts jersey till next season. 

We can’t risk playing him if he goes of injured early in the game our game plan is up in the air.get him fit for the new season .

I can't see it sadly. Be nowhere near match fit and we're gonna be busy. Appreciate everything he brings to the team but I'd rather not risk him

1 hour ago, Old Castle Rock said:

He's not played for months, you just can't turn up and be up to speed, it's a cup final, he's no chance of being match fit, for the sake of one game he would be better returning for preseason 

I would rather Naismith is back and ready to go on the first day of pre season. No point him rushing back, getting injured again and then being out for another 6 months.

We_are_the_Hearts

His namesake on here said he would be back for the Killy game? Wonder what went wrong. As for the match fitness, for all our other players it would be a complete no go. But for someone with his experience and footballing brain it could be done.

Edited by We_are_the_Hearts

This reminds me of the Craig Beattie situation before 2012 final.  Absolutely no way he was going to be fit enough but Paulo Sergio gambled away a bench place to give him pitch time at the end.  We certainly won't have that luxury this time with Naismith.  We need to close the book on this.  See you in August Naisy.  

StevenNaismith

He had a wee set back a couple of weeks ago (tight hamstring and not the knee) but I still think he will be fit for the final. The club are quite rightly playing it down. He was due to play in a closed doors game this week but where and when is info I don’t have, even folk that should know don’t!

tartofmidlothian
6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He had a wee set back a couple of weeks ago (tight hamstring and not the knee) but I still think he will be fit for the final. The club are quite rightly playing it down. He was due to play in a closed doors game this week but where and when is info I don’t have, even folk that should know don’t!

That's the kind of post I want to read! :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

That's the kind of post I want to read! :thumbsup:

Me too, but to be honest, the less anyone knows the better.

25 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He had a wee set back a couple of weeks ago (tight hamstring and not the knee) but I still think he won't be fit for the final. The club are quite rightly telling the truth. He was due to play in a closed doors game this week but he is goosed and wont be back until October. Maybe.

So this is more accurate.

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Think the only source that suggests he won’t be involved is a click bait article in the sun

You're wrong.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Just got sneaking suspicion that he will be there, possibly on the bench.

See the starting eleven cup final thread.

As it’s looking like he’s ready to sign a permanent deal, it would be foolish to take any risks.

Another breakdown on on the same knee could have serious implications on the longevity of his playing career.

Assess who is fit after Parkhead and start working with the players who are, attempting to hatch a plan that will bring the cup home to Gorgie.

Edited by Whatever

Hackney Hearts

There's a very slight chance that Steven Naismith will play in the cup final. But it involves one of the other squad players changing their name by deed poll to Steven Naismith.

He has no chance of reaching Robbo status, but Robbo was on the bench in 98 and lifted the cup - I think the motivation he could provide just by being there will atleast stop a mauling.

3 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Think evening news did a piece on it aswell to be fair. Usually quite good with hearts stuff think it included quotes from levein too

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Heart says yes, head says no. Then there’s the maybe, possibly, long shot ... 

What's your body telling you? 

Bazzas right boot

What is wrong with him? 

Is it one of these injuries where an injection can see through a game if you're almost fully fit, or a complete rest and build up slowly type number. 

Looks like he won't play from the start. 

Might he be on the bench. 

Tbh, I've written him off, much more important now that Haring and Uche are fit and no one else gets injured. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie
38 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

He has no chance of reaching Robbo status, but Robbo was on the bench in 98 and lifted the cup - I think the motivation he could provide just by being there will atleast stop a mauling.

Celtic aren't mauling anything right now. 

However.......this is Hearts. 

High energy, tactical discipline and brave enough to hold the ball we have a chance of at least being competitive 

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

High energy, tactical discipline and brave enough to hold the ball we have a chance of at least being competitive 

You may not appreciate it, but I will fly to Scotland and give you a big sloppy kiss on the cheek if this happens - CMON the Hearts.

Inch Hearts
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They pumped Aberdeen away 3-0 last week.  I agree though we have much more of a chance than I thought we may have had. 

Robbo-Jambo
51 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Let's hope to hell they don't it on Sunday in the league game. Need a bit of confidence going into the final. We always seem to get them last game of seasonwhen they are having a title party. Or maybe just feels like that ?

I cant see him being involved now.

I spoke to someone ITK at Hearts a few weeks back and he said that Naismith really needed to play some part of the Aberdeen game to have any chance of making the final.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What is wrong with him? 

Is it one of these injuries where an injection can see through a game if you're almost fully fit, or a complete rest and build up slowly type number. 

Looks like he won't play from the start. 

Might he be on the bench. 

Tbh, I've written him off, much more important now that Haring and Uche are fit and no one else gets injured. 

Whats wrong with him is that he had a knee operation. :cool:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Whats wrong with him is that he had a knee operation. :cool:

A few paracetamol then, bit of deep heat? 

I guess not the kind of thing that an injection can get you through if you are just about fit?

Normally I'm against injections, but it's a cup final.

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

A few paracetamol then, bit of deep heat? 

I guess not the kind of thing that an injection can get you through if you are just about fit?

Normally I'm against injections, but it's a cup final.

It is a cup final and I have said this before, don't rule him out, no matter the comments from our manager.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

No way will he/should he play. It would be rediculous to jeopardise his potential future playing career, for one game - final or not.

Was it right to play Colin Cameron on this day 21 years ago?

We were a different team without him, as we discovered the following season.

Having Naismith back would be great. Having him fully fit for the start of next season would probably be even better.