Aberdeen's Football Strategy announced

CJGJ

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/05/15/strategy-launch-stewart-milne-and-dave-cormack-interview/

Aberdeen FC on Wednesday morning launched a document called: The Journey, Accomplishments, Aspirations and Way Ahead.

In it the club share with the Dons supporters a future strategy and plans and how they relate to investment in the football budget, funding of the new stadium, and influencing positive changes in Scottish football.

As part of the strategy announcement Chairman Stewart Milne and Vice-Chairman Dave Cormack were interviewed together. You can watch the full interview on YouTube by clicking on the clip below:

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/05/15/strategy-launch-stewart-milne-and-dave-cormack-interview/

Aberdeen FC on Wednesday morning launched a document called: The Journey, Accomplishments, Aspirations and Way Ahead.

In it the club share with the Dons supporters a future strategy and plans and how they relate to investment in the football budget, funding of the new stadium, and influencing positive changes in Scottish football.

As part of the strategy announcement Chairman Stewart Milne and Vice-Chairman Dave Cormack were interviewed together. You can watch the full interview on YouTube by clicking on the clip below:

Hi everyone. We've launched a document, but you can't read it.

"The Journey" appears to be this years new topical phrase. Lost count of the number of times it is contained in courses and presentations I've attended.

With the opening of the Club’s £12 million state-of-the-art Community Hub, Professional Training Campus and Youth Academy planned for the September/October timeframe, the Club is excited to share with all Dons supporters, corporate clients, and partners the Club’s future strategy and plans,  in particular as they relate to investment in the football team, funding of the new stadium, and influencing positive changes in Scottish football.

This message comes from everyone at the Club. We are all Dons fans, most of us for a lifetime, and, along with the 100,000 Dons supporters worldwide, we too dream of and aspire to see the famous Aberdeen competing for and winning trophies.

We have a unique and storied history that serves as an inspiration to all of us. Standing Free, and together, we are on the verge of providing a platform to increase annual turnover, which we plan to deliver through new initiatives and moving to the new stadium.

Everything we do has the goal of the Club being successful on the pitch.

Recognising the importance of transparency, the Club sees as critical an ongoing conversation with its stakeholders as we strive to continue to increase investment in the success of the football team every season, deliver a new £50 million stadium that we can all be proud of, and play a pro-active role in ensuring the quality and integrity of our domestic game and the relevance of Scottish teams competing in Europe.

The Club recognises that it needs to do much more in its communications with supporters. Our goal is to make sure both internally at the Club and externally with fans that we are all aware of what’s happening, what decisions are being made, and that we provide a platform for constructive feedback.

We may not agree with each other all the time, but by being transparent we should all be forming views based on the “one version of the truth”, or facts, so to speak. As such we are implementing a communications plan across our own media channels and beyond, with supporters’ clubs, within the northeast business community, and with each of our partners.

With this in mind, we aim to provide ongoing messaging about the Club’s plans, and to seek feedback on elements critical to our future success, such as:

1. Being a Challenger Club
2. Investment in the Football Team
3. Opening of the new Community Hub, Professional Training Campus & Youth Academy
4. Importance of new initiatives & increasing turnover
5. New stadium consultation & investment
6. AFC Community Trust – at the heart of our community
7. Influencing the Scottish game – fans first!

More info on a PDF

https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/aberdeen/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/15122815/Club-Statement-Brochure_final_online2.pdf

You may have seen the Club recently refer to itself as a “Challenger Brand”. Simply put, this means striving (challenging ourselves) to punch above our weight on a regular basis and to question why and how things have been done in the past. We restate our goals of qualifying for Europe each season, regularly competing for and winning domestic trophies, and aspiring to attain UEFA’s Top 100 Club status, which means qualifying for the Group Stages of the Europa League. To challenge, or to level the playing field, against significantly higher income generated by Celtic and Rangers, and to compete with a rejuvenated Hearts and Hibernian, who both have higher home attendance income, and, in the case of Hearts, where fans also contribute cash of about £1.5 million a season, for Aberdeen to punch above its weight, we are challenging ourselves to further increase the Club’s turnover, with the goal of continuing to provide increased investment into the Football Operation, which we define as the First Team and Youth Academy, supported by a High-Performance Environment with best-in-class Football Medicine, Sports Sciemce and Performance Analysis

ETC ETC

You can read about all those elements in the document below, with more to follow over the coming months. Thank you for taking the time to read this message. Working together with your support, this club has a very bright future.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hi everyone. We've launched a document, but you can't read it.

It's on the website linked. It's not that interesting though but I do like the idea of transparent dialogue with stakeholders (fans)

Aye but will they offer facepainting to the one armed bisexual Eskimos of the North East though?

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's on the website linked. It's not that interesting though but I do like the idea of transparent dialogue with stakeholders (fans)

I couldn't see it in the announcement but see the link just posted. Scanned it and two mentions about following Hearts lead around fan membership and youth development, and one bemoaning the fact we get higher attendances than them. 

The focus on youth investment over investment in the first team is interesting - could suggest a bit of purse string tightening. They've been spending big for a long time. Bit of austerity now maybe with a stadium to pay for.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sounds like a plea for the fans to stump up more.

Lovely words and aspirations 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I couldn't see it in the announcement but see the link just posted. Scanned it and two mentions about following Hearts lead around fan membership and youth development, and one bemoaning the fact we get higher attendances than them. 

The focus on youth investment over investment in the first team is interesting - could suggest a bit of purse string tightening. They've been spending big for a long time. Bit of austerity now maybe with a stadium to pay for.

A few bullet points

These achievements have been the catalyst for increased football-performance related and commercial income. The Club has been free of bank debt since October 2014, and since then has doubled the First Team budget.

since the start of the 2017/18 season, the First Team budget was increased by £1 million

During Derek McInnes’ six-year tenure as manager:• Annual Turnover doubled from £7.85 million to £15.42 million

The Football Operation is very excited about this new development which is a major milestone for the Club, the first owned and dedicated training facilities in our 116-year history. From a professional training perspective, the facilities will make it easier to entice players to come to Aberdeen and improve our ability to attract and develop youth players. Many fans have asked how the Club managed to raise the £12 million to build this state-of-the-art facility, and if it has impacted our ability to invest in the football team. The Community Hub, Professional Training Campus and Youth Academy have been 100% underwritten by the directors and some friends of the Club. No bank debt was incurred to raise the investment needed 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Aye but will they offer facepainting to the one armed bisexual Eskimos of the North East though?

Probably, but just to annoy you. ?

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

A few bullet points

These achievements have been the catalyst for increased football-performance related and commercial income. The Club has been free of bank debt since October 2014, and since then has doubled the First Team budget.

since the start of the 2017/18 season, the First Team budget was increased by £1 million

During Derek McInnes’ six-year tenure as manager:• Annual Turnover doubled from £7.85 million to £15.42 million

The Football Operation is very excited about this new development which is a major milestone for the Club, the first owned and dedicated training facilities in our 116-year history. From a professional training perspective, the facilities will make it easier to entice players to come to Aberdeen and improve our ability to attract and develop youth players. Many fans have asked how the Club managed to raise the £12 million to build this state-of-the-art facility, and if it has impacted our ability to invest in the football team. The Community Hub, Professional Training Campus and Youth Academy have been 100% underwritten by the directors and some friends of the Club. No bank debt was incurred to raise the investment needed 

That's when a rich fan put 15m or so in I think. I know Aberdeen have been very consistent in the league - fair play - although less so when it became properly competitive again, but 15m pumped in plus their high turnover and no debt, plus the rise in wage bill, plus stability, plus no Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and D Utd at various times and they have the one League Cup to show for it. 

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

**** i was wondering who that one armed bisexual Eskimo looking fellow was...Always wanted to put a face to your name 

Mr Elwood P
33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That's the first interesting and thought provoking contribution from you in a long long time!

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Only if they're vegan !!

siegementality
3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Sounds like a 5 year plan. 

I wonder if there’s will go better than ours.

siegementality
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's when a rich fan put 15m or so in I think. I know Aberdeen have been very consistent in the league - fair play - although less so when it became properly competitive again, but 15m pumped in plus their high turnover and no debt, plus the rise in wage bill, plus stability, plus no Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and D Utd at various times and they have the one League Cup to show for it. 

For context Celtic paid 9 million for Edouard. That’s 9 million on one player.

3 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Only if they're vegan !!

Look, as a community we need to do more for these marginalised people. I have to say though, the life expectancy of a one armed, bisexual eskimo who was a vegan would be about as long as the efffort Malaury Martin puts into a training session.

been here before

Why the **** is everything "a journey" these days, more often than not involving "stakeholders"?

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Why the **** is everything "a journey" these days, more often than not involving "stakeholders"?

It's the current PR shitetalk. No doubt some other form of wankspeak will have replaced it by this time next year.

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Another thought provoking contribution from Genghis Khan. Even on a sheep thread he continues with his bitter hatred of our owner, sad on so many levels, but I suppose not surprising.

4 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Another thought provoking contribution from Genghis Khan. Even on a sheep thread he continues with his bitter hatred of our owner, sad on so many levels, but I suppose not surprising.

To be fair and what I thought was quite clear, I was actually being light hearted.

7 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

What you got against Eskimos? 

been here before
45 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It's the current PR shitetalk. No doubt some other form of wankspeak will have replaced it by this time next year.

Thats the thing though, it isnt its been around far too long. You're unwell - its you're illness journey, buy a new house- its a house buying journey, slaver shite on here- your posting journey...

10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thats the thing though, it isnt its been around far too long. You're unwell - its you're illness journey, buy a new house- its a house buying journey, slaver shite on here- your posting journey...

Correct. It's been around for ages. Every thing is a journey. We are all obviously turning into nomads.

TyphoonJambo

No mention of a wummins team, sexist *******s

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, EC_Hearts said:

"The Journey" appears to be this years new topical phrase. Lost count of the number of times it is contained in courses and presentations I've attended.

Being self employed over the last few years, I’ve fallen off the “development” strategy training seminars of late........... do they still spout pash about SWAT analysis and SMART objectives?

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Look, as a community we need to do more for these marginalised people. I have to say though, the life expectancy of a one armed, bisexual eskimo who was a vegan would be about as long as the efffort Malaury Martin puts into a training session.

I agree.

We as a club don't do enough for the greetin faced, repetitive, constantly negative bores within the community

Portable Badger
17 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Being self employed over the last few years, I’ve fallen off the “development” strategy training seminars of late........... do they still spout pash about SWAT analysis and SMART objectives?

Very much so

Portable Badger
18 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

SWOT Analysis is the correct term - Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I agree.

We as a club don't do enough for the greetin faced, repetitive, constantly negative bores within the community

And the "traditional" fans. We should be hiring a hall for them to stand, have a sing and set off some fireworks/throw fruit and nuts. They're being proper marginalised and persecuted for their beliefs

I managed to get promoted this year and really had to go to town with all the wank speak to get there. Felt dirty saying it. All this partner agencies this and creative opportunities that. At interview you could actually see the panel ticking off stuff when you said something like "workstream"

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Because that's the "way forward" after you've "touched base".

10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Sounds like a 5 year plan. 

Now where have we heard that before...!

Edited by Section Q

50 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I agree.

They could perform better and win more*. I know it is not what we are about but would be nice.

*Men's team

Nookie Bear
56 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I agree.

We have one as our Head Coach tbf

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Let park this, but going forward we need

Continuous improvement and let's start by grabbing  that low hanging fruit for the quick win. 

Best way to do this is to  empower the team and celebrate success. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

true-jambo
11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Careful, don't you mean Inuit?

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, been here before said:

Whatever you do, Don't stop believing. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, siegementality said:

I wonder if there’s will go better than ours.

Unlikely. 

We went from admin, promotion, Europe and to a sc final. (maybe six years) 

If we win the sc then I don't see how there's will or could end up better, can't see them winning the league.

They are in a steady decline as we speak ( although things can  change quickly) with a £50m project to fund  and are starting at a higher base. 

You could argue that them staying still would be a success. 

Our 5 year plan was very successful, (if we take it from ground zero to now) the question is how do we continue the journey and move forward to ensure improvement and therefore on the field success. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

They could perform better and win more*. I know it is not what we are about but would be nice.

*Men's team

Could win more........ 

You aged ten or an adult?