• kila

• neilnunb

• Lovecraft

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Calebs Grandad
20 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Brilliant game. Sending off(rightly so) has messed Leeds up.

Loads of young players in both sides.

The play offs are better than cup finals!!!

Totally agree, season after season these play offs are incredible. 

heartmussel

Cruel game football is,Leeds finished 7 points ahead of Aston Villa and 9 points ahead of Derby,but superb end to end game?‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As someone who has followed Leeds for seemingly forever there was a ghoulish predictably about it. 

The goal on half time was the turning point. 3 and a half games Leeds had beasted Derby County to that point. 

Only Leeds United could contrive that 46 minutes of football 

Samuel Camazzola
43 minutes ago, sadj said:

Well not Sheff Utd I can’t stand them but yeah I agree. Portsmouth , Leeds and Sheff Wed id be happy with

Pompey have League 1 play offs to contend with first before they can think about getting out of the Championship. 

manaliveits105

If Derby youngsters run at pace like that Banjo Boy will be breathing out his erse and flinging himself to the ground even more

Go Rams 

CavySlaveJambo

I want Derby County to get promoted for one reason and I want Villa to get promoted for another. 

Should still be a great game though. And Derby don’t do well in the playoffs usually

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

19 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Pompey have League 1 play offs to contend with first before they can think about getting out of the Championship. 

Indeed , hopefully they get promoted this year but i fancy a draw tomorrow night. Portsmouth had it in their own hands to go up automatically and blew it

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

It is.

I think not having the away goal rule has added much more to it.

Defo.

jamtartan74

Great match that. Wanting Derby promoted, purely for my nephew who stuck a tenner on at the start of the season for them to get promoted, he’s needing Sunderland to get promoted Bayern to win the league and Chelsea to win europa league, all his others have won like Barca Celtic n one or two others to

win the leagues, £8.500 roughly if it comes up ??

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

If Derby youngsters run at pace like that Banjo Boy will be breathing out his erse and flinging himself to the ground even more

Go Rams 

Sad to say it but Banjo is more than holding his own. Running the show with Grealish 

I had the great pleasure of watching then game in a pub in Leeds tonight as I’m down here for the night. Derby had a better system for keeping it tight. Lampard learnt his Mourinho lessons well. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Villa to go up I reckon.

I'm not so sure. They looked pretty devoid of ideas in the 210 minutes they played against West Brom.

Thought Derby looked great tonight. Rode their luck at times but they have some decent attacking players.

5 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

John Terry v Frank Lampard now. Hope Villa get promoted. 

Two utterly, abjectly, astoundingly useless international players.  England achieved absolutely nothing during their 50 season reign alongside Stevie G who if anything, was worse.

Great club players all three of them but the step up was far too much.  For that reason I'm going for AV as well.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Two utterly, abjectly, astoundingly useless international players.  England achieved absolutely nothing during their 50 season reign alongside Stevie G who if anything, was worse.

Great club players all three of them but the step up was far too much.  For that reason I'm going for AV as well.

The international issue with Gerrard and Lampard was the huge mistake of accommodating them and then trying to shoe-horn a truly world class player in Scholes into the set-up. 

Geoff the Mince

Just seen the goals from last night ,  Leeds goalie was poor .

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Just seen the goals from last night ,  Leeds goalie was poor .

After a very solid season.

His decision making was horrendous.

maroonnicky63
11 hours ago, kila said:

Been a fun watch. Not the best football, but goals and excitement. The Leeds keeper in the first half :laugh:

Not the best football ???

The Treasurer

Are Leeds the h1b5 of the EPL ?

They seem to be very good at hibsing things from a winning position

It should have been ten
11 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Good article here about how the away goal rule is outdated and actually anti-football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45460290

The rule's critics argue that things have now tipped too far in the away side's favour, forcing home teams to adopt increasingly defensive tactics out of fear of conceding.

Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been banging this drum for a decade. "I believe the tactical weight of the away goal has become too important," he told a conference in 2008.

"Teams get a 0-0 draw at home and they're happy. Instead of having a positive effect it has been pushed too far tactically in the modern game. It has the opposite effect than it was supposed to have. It favours defending well when you play at home."

Teams are certainly scoring less at home now than they have in any previous decade of European club competition...

Good article indeed. Hard to disagree with Arsene Wenger here.

1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Not the best football ???

Eh.. I wrote that just after half time. Did you watch it all or just the second half?

12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

As someone who has followed Leeds for seemingly forever there was a ghoulish predictably about it. 

The goal on half time was the turning point. 3 and a half games Leeds had beasted Derby County to that point. 

Only Leeds United could contrive that 46 minutes of football 

oh Dear.jpg

Shanks said no

We beat you at home

we beat you today

stop crying Neil Lennon

stop crying Neil Lennon

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

oh Dear.jpg

Nah not really. Bit of ignorance around Leeds that promotion should be expected. Fantastic effort on limited resources, exacerbated by horrific injury problems, that made Hearts season look like a wee scratch.

13th to 3rd, playing a terrific brand of football, live by the sword die by it. I could handle losing like that, it was exciting, the season was an absolute blast, if Bielsa stays I'm sure it will be more fun than scrapping it out with Brighton for 16th place.

Great group of youngsters, but Leeds realistically need a good bit of investment to be ready for the Prem. Who knows, maybe next year, maybe not, but its a cracking club to follow the fortunes. I'm a Hearts supporter, but a very big soft spot for Leeds United, no matter what people may think of them from the outside, inside its a very special proper football club.

Calebs Grandad
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

??

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Derby are just as bad as Hibsing it, as Hibs are too. 

18 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Derby are just as bad as Hibsing it, as Hibs are too. 

Add on Villa as well.?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Nah not really. Bit of ignorance around Leeds that promotion should be expected. Fantastic effort on limited resources, exacerbated by horrific injury problems, that made Hearts season look like a wee scratch.

13th to 3rd, playing a terrific brand of football, live by the sword die by it. I could handle losing like that, it was exciting, the season was an absolute blast, if Bielsa stays I'm sure it will be more fun than scrapping it out with Brighton for 16th place.

Great group of youngsters, but Leeds realistically need a good bit of investment to be ready for the Prem. Who knows, maybe next year, maybe not, but its a cracking club to follow the fortunes. I'm a Hearts supporter, but a very big soft spot for Leeds United, no matter what people may think of them from the outside, inside its a very special proper football club.

Yeah but that's a load of bollocks. You're right in that they don't have the money of recently relegated sides but apart from that its the biggest budget in the league. The coach gets paid more than the England coach. The football had been good this season but is marred by spygate (****ing joke) and repeated acts of cheating (Patrick Bamford obviously the most high profile). The fans have been a ****ing disgrace and Leeds treatment of away clubs and supporters is shocking. I really struggle to find anything to say about them that is positive. 

Whitburn Hearts

Do you think hibs will have put in a promotion clause on the deal with McGinn ?

If so come on Derby  

15 minutes ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

If so come on Derby  

Hope not :D

Jamboelite
1 hour ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

If so come on Derby  

Just a sell on clause as far as i know.

As a Villa fan its awesome seeing Leeds fail but that Derby team is decent.

Should be a good final.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yeah but that's a load of bollocks. You're right in that they don't have the money of recently relegated sides but apart from that its the biggest budget in the league. The coach gets paid more than the England coach. The football had been good this season but is marred by spygate (****ing joke) and repeated acts of cheating (Patrick Bamford obviously the most high profile). The fans have been a ****ing disgrace and Leeds treatment of away clubs and supporters is shocking. I really struggle to find anything to say about them that is positive. 

I think you will find repeated acts of cheating are fairly widespread. As is treatment of away fans. Doesn't sound like you have an unbiased view to be honest.

Spygate was a farce, and the budget was not the highest in the league by any stretch of the imagination.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

Should be a good final.

Villa will not have any problems in the final. Leeds beat themselves, something they have contrived to do regularly with poor defensive work in particular matches.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Bit of a myth. Leeds have not been in many winning positions for 15 years and more

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Should be a good final.

My pet hobbit claims Lennon stated there was a promotion clause as well

Was a bit disappointed to see Leeds fail again. Hopefully Biesla is kept on and they can have another run at it next season. 

Such a tough league to get out of.

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Portsmouth fans are a right shower of gormless wanks. 

Feckin Neanderthals.

Similar to a lot of Hearts fans then?.

PLAY UP POMPEY. POMPEY PLAY UP.

William H. Bonney

I thought ozturk was sent off in the last game? 

Edit... 

just noticed it was overturned 

Edited by Dino Velvet