Jump to content
Gilbert’s Fridge

Stadium Works during season break

Recommended Posts

Olly Lee's left boot

This thread will give folk something to boo during the close season, can't wait to see how it goes. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin
35 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

More like 21k at a push if it's done,, 

 

 

You're forgetting that because the roof will now be floating we can just raise it up higher and put more tiers in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

On my visit to the Directors suite this season, which contrary to the ****in morons on here that will expect it to have Gold Champagne taps, its now right beside the main entrance and the size of a Shoebox.

 

Ann and the board deserve much better and I hope there is plans this summer to house the Suite in much better surroundings. 

In the old stand I thought the Boardroom served as the venue for the Directors entertaining VIP visitors from visiting clubs, the SFA and SPFL etc. Is the "Directors Suite" also the Boardroom? 

In any event if neither the dressing rooms nor the Boardroom/Directors Suite are yet complete it  suggests rather slow progress. What has actually been done I the last 6 to 9 months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In the old stand I thought the Boardroom served as the venue for the Directors entertaining VIP visitors from visiting clubs, the SFA and SPFL etc. Is the "Directors Suite" also the Boardroom? 

In any event if neither the dressing rooms nor the Boardroom/Directors Suite are yet complete it  suggests rather slow progress. What has actually been done I the last 6 to 9 months?

Changing rooms planned to be finished for summer so hopefully on track. Similarly ‘sky longe’ was planned to open next month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Changing rooms planned to be finished for summer so hopefully on track. Similarly ‘sky longe’ was planned to open next month. 

Has anything happened yet with the "Sky Lounge"? A month or so ago from the Plaza it didn't look like it had.

I think the Wheatfield dressing rooms were similar spec but didn't seem to take anything like as long to complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Has anything happened yet with the "Sky Lounge"? A month or so ago from the Plaza it didn't look like it had.

I think the Wheatfield dressing rooms were similar spec but didn't seem to take anything like as long to complete.

3rd floor suite complete and will be shown on BBC at weekend a believe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

3rd floor suite complete and will be shown on BBC at weekend a believe 

Thanks. Good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Julie1957

I have no complaints with the stand.Number one should be get the pitch back to 68m wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

I have no complaints with the stand.Number one should be get the pitch back to 68m wide.

 

The new floating roof will allow us to widen the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
11 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

 

The new floating roof will allow us to widen the pitch. 

 

We would also need to slip some wheels under the stands and push them back a wee bit, maybe we could ask for any old skateboards that folk have lying about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Will the corners being filled in definetly be on the agenda then??and capacity around??

 

Wouldn't have thought so. Other than asthetic value (it would look beautiful) millions of pounds for 1000 or so extra seats wouldn't be worth it

 

Could be wrong though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
32 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

I have no complaints with the stand.Number one should be get the pitch back to 68m wide.

How would we do that? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cheetah
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

How would we do that? 🤷🏼‍♂️

 Play from Main to Wheatfield, quite short but as wide as you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, cheetah said:

 Play from Main to Wheatfield, quite short but as wide as you want. 

Good point. 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

Was Hector Nicol a Jambo or a Hibee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Decent stand but 18 million or whatever does seem to be a little steep for what's built, nice enough but the cost ??

Your six months late. This has already been done to death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whodanny
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Was Hector Nicol a Jambo or a Hibee?

St Midden.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Nicol

 

Under "singing career".

Edited by whodanny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

 Play from Main to Wheatfield, quite short but as wide as you want. 

 

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
22 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Will the balcony be safe to use on the evening of the 25th?

 

It has been safe for access for months! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
letsmakesomenoise
23 hours ago, TheStig said:

The changing rooms are to be completed this summer, apparently.

 

Thank god, sick of seeing them all troop across the pitch to the Plastic Palaces!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cygnet
6 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

More like 21k at a push if it's done,, 

 

Don't forget the 2nd tiers being added to both the Wheatfield and Roseburn Stands in a few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
7 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Your six months late. This has already been done to death.

Better late than fekin never ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artful Dodger
15 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

In the old stand I thought the Boardroom served as the venue for the Directors entertaining VIP visitors from visiting clubs, the SFA and SPFL etc. Is the "Directors Suite" also the Boardroom? 

In any event if neither the dressing rooms nor the Boardroom/Directors Suite are yet complete it  suggests rather slow progress. What has actually been done I the last 6 to 9 months?

 

Doesn't matter what you think anymore, you'll just find something else to nitpick.

 

If slow progress means putting other part of the build before others then yes. Rocket Science eh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
15 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

This thread will give folk something to boo during the close season, can't wait to see how it goes. 

 

 

How can you boo in the close season there's no games 🤔interesting you were the first one to post a negative spin on it though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
5 hours ago, kimosavi said:

How can you boo in the close season there's no games 🤔interesting you were the first one to post a negative spin on it though 

 

You can boo whenever you want. 

 

Don't need a game to boo. 

 

Amateur 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
8 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

You can boo whenever you want. 

 

Don't need a game to boo. 

 

Amateur 👍

Weird 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBAN JAMBO

Budge’s brother really stringing it out FFS , bet she didn’t mention that on BBC Tory party

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns

it will probably be lost in the "bulletproof" controversy but it was good to see the new changing rooms on Football Focus. Levein asked for ours to be made smaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bob Loblaw
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

it will probably be lost in the "bulletproof" controversy but it was good to see the new changing rooms on Football Focus. Levein asked for ours to be made smaller.

What's the thinking behind making ours smaller?

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

What's the thinking behind making ours smaller?

Budge said it was because Craig wanted to speak to all the players and it was too big, another design change no doubt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
On 15/05/2019 at 19:37, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Are there any plans to continue with the Main Stand fit-outs and any other projects during the  break?

The lights were on in the top deck the last few nights, couldn’t really see much activity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×