Stadium Works during season break

Portable Badger

Portable Badger

Are there any plans to continue with the Main Stand fit-outs and any other projects during the  break?

Will be good to watch the rest of the interior of the new stand getting painted in various strip colours etc. It is a really good theme to go with.

Other stands with a similar thing would finish it all off. New stand railings are still plain grey, would be nice if they got painted maroon like the other stands.

Also, really wish they'd paint the inside of the gable ends maroon like - https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/177440-paint-the-walls-of-tynecastle/

8 minutes ago, andrew said:

Is there much work left to complete in the main stand?

I'm happy to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable, but I think the entire second floor is still to be fitted out. 

FarmerTweedy
8 minutes ago, andrew said:

The restaurant/function suite on the top floor still needs completed I think. Ann Budge said at the AGM back in December that it had to be ready at some point in June because the first wedding is booked for then!

Portable Badger
12 minutes ago, andrew said:

I still thought the 2nd level hospitality and the 'Where the fecks the castle' view restaurant were still to be done

When we finally get the trees, could stick a wee model Edinburgh Castle between some branches. Some folk would never know the difference.

FarmerTweedy
2 minutes ago, kila said:

When we finally get the trees, could stick a wee model Edinburgh Castle between some branches. Some folk would never know the difference.

?

Italian Lambretta

Big choice between a Michelin 3 star rooftop restaurant or 3 quality players? 

I dread to think what option budge will pick. 

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Mutton pie and 'jus du grease' will always win out !!

When the stand was getting completed there was pictures of an escalator put on here, what’s happened with that? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Reckon the restaurant would be cheaper and more profitable. Probably why she is rich. Knows how to appreciate money rather than spunk it

been here before

Just getting the stand finished would be good. How many millions we looking at now for a still incomplete stand?

The rest of the stands are looking a bit shabby in and out too. Some of the girders in the Wheatfield are almost green. The outside of the stands too particularly the Roseburn and the Wheatfield could do with a good hosing down

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

There’s a wee glass front room at the back of section s- is that a single hospitality box? 

Sky studio 

42 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Sky studio 

Ah makes sense. It’s empty but. Apretty good room. Would have been interesting if we could have had 7 or 8 of them along the back. 

davemclaren

Certainly would be interesting to get an end of season update. My recollection is that the changing rooms should be ready for the start of next season and the ‘sky lounge’ by June as someone is getting married there. 

broxburnjambo

Club presented the new 3rd floor lounge this morning to the BBC for football focus to be shown this Saturday afternoon. 

Details on LinkedIn.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

Club presented the new 3rd floor lounge this morning to the BBC for football focus to be shown this Saturday afternoon. 

Details on LinkedIn.

??

davemclaren
14 hours ago, Dayman said:

Ah makes sense. It’s empty but. Apretty good room. Would have been interesting if we could have had 7 or 8 of them along the back. 

You would lose quite a few seats. The rationale for not having them is that people don’t like sitting in glass boxes. ??‍♂️

Do they still close off the corridor between the north and south sections of 

the new main stand to let the Directors and their guests get from their lounge 

to their seats. I remember they also closed the walkway in front of the 

Directors seated area obviously to keep them away from fans. This is really 

bad planning as you'd imagine the Directors and guests would have their 

own private access from their lounge to their seats which does not having 

to close off access for fans to parts of the ground.

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Do they still close off the corridor between the north and south sections of 

the new main stand to let the Directors and their guests get from their lounge 

to their seats. I remember they also closed the walkway in front of the 

Directors seated area obviously to keep them away from fans. This is really 

bad planning as you'd imagine the Directors and guests would have their 

own private access from their lounge to their seats which does not having 

to close off access for fans to parts of the ground.

I heard they were thinking of moving the directors to help alleviate the problem. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I heard they were thinking of moving the directors to help alleviate the problem. 

When Ann & co were moved into the Wheatfield something good happened, Cathro 

got fired. If only ...............you know where i'm going Dave    :levein2:

15 hours ago, been here before said:

Just getting the stand finished would be good. How many millions we looking at now for a still incomplete stand?

The rest of the stands are looking a bit shabby in and out too. Some of the girders in the Wheatfield are almost green. The outside of the stands too particularly the Roseburn and the Wheatfield could do with a good hosing down

The Roseburn could do with hosing down with certain fans in it !

joe.gausden
16 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

When the stand was getting completed there was pictures of an escalator put on here, what’s happened with that? 

There is one behind the turnstiles next to the shop. I have been using it as I'm walking with a stick at the moment.

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

You would lose quite a few seats. The rationale for not having them is that people don’t like sitting in glass boxes. ??‍♂️

People in glass boxes shouldn't throw smoke bombs.

Bull's-eye

On my visit to the Directors suite this season, which contrary to the ****in morons on here that will expect it to have Gold Champagne taps, its now right beside the main entrance and the size of a Shoebox.

Ann and the board deserve much better and I hope there is plans this summer to house the Suite in much better surroundings. 

11 minutes ago, joe.gausden said:

There is one behind the turnstiles next to the shop. I have been using it as I'm walking with a stick at the moment.

There’s poor chap who sits fairly high up in section R who almost has to crawl up the stairs to his seat. Bet he wishes he could make use of the escalator up to the top floor.

Jim Panzee
16 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Reckon the restaurant would be cheaper and more profitable. Probably why she is rich. Knows how to appreciate money rather than spunk it

indeed. signing 'quality' players can still be a gamble and can flop. hopefully the restaurant will be profitable. it's awful having a successful business person at the helm throwing all these profitable ideas our way....

heartmussel
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

People in glass boxes shouldn't throw smoke bombs.

Or boil kettles?‍♂️

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Was there not meant to be at least one scoreboard to be built ??

They decided to leave it until the team can start dominating at home again.. :whistling:

Hectormasson

Decent stand but 18 million or whatever does seem to be a little steep for what's built, nice enough but the cost ??

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Was there not meant to be at least one scoreboard to be built ??

And the corners filled in !!!

9 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Will the corners being filled in definetly be on the agenda then??and capacity around??

By 2020 and up to 55k or thereabouts

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

And the cost will be only about £40 million.  Well worth every penny.

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Will the corners being filled in definetly be on the agenda then??and capacity around??

:sadrobbo:

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yeah fair enough. I think there was only 5-10 seats missing for that one. One at the top of each stair would have been ideal if they were filled every week for a premium price. Not sure they would be though. I’m Not going to lose any sleep about it though! 

Hectormasson
51 minutes ago, Taffin said:

More like 21k at a push if it's done,, 

Bazzas right boot

This thread will give folk something to boo during the close season, can't wait to see how it goes. 

35 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

More like 21k at a push if it's done,, 

You're forgetting that because the roof will now be floating we can just raise it up higher and put more tiers in.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

On my visit to the Directors suite this season, which contrary to the ****in morons on here that will expect it to have Gold Champagne taps, its now right beside the main entrance and the size of a Shoebox.

Ann and the board deserve much better and I hope there is plans this summer to house the Suite in much better surroundings. 

In the old stand I thought the Boardroom served as the venue for the Directors entertaining VIP visitors from visiting clubs, the SFA and SPFL etc. Is the "Directors Suite" also the Boardroom? 

In any event if neither the dressing rooms nor the Boardroom/Directors Suite are yet complete it  suggests rather slow progress. What has actually been done I the last 6 to 9 months?

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In the old stand I thought the Boardroom served as the venue for the Directors entertaining VIP visitors from visiting clubs, the SFA and SPFL etc. Is the "Directors Suite" also the Boardroom? 

In any event if neither the dressing rooms nor the Boardroom/Directors Suite are yet complete it  suggests rather slow progress. What has actually been done I the last 6 to 9 months?

Changing rooms planned to be finished for summer so hopefully on track. Similarly ‘sky longe’ was planned to open next month.