Car air conditioning

Crete

Now the hot weather is here can anyone recommend anywhere to get air conditioning checked or regassed 

Thanks 

Turn it on and if it cools the car down it works, if it doesnie cool down then it doesn't work. You've now checked it. 

Can't help with the regassing though.

I'm sure kwik fit regas air con. I looked it it for my old fiat and it was about 50quid iirc. Needless to say because it was a fiat it died before I sorted the aircon.

I P Knightley

It's got more costly this year as the gas itself has shot up in price. I was quoted £90 so am driving round with the windows down.

highlandjambo3
21 hours ago, Crete said:

Now the hot weather is here can anyone recommend anywhere to get air conditioning checked or regassed 

Thanks 

Hi,

need to to add this in to clarify exactly what air con is (apart from the obvious)..... stick with me, this will/may benefit you.......

So, your air conditioning unit (notice I didn’t say air cooling unit), is a self charging system that should be used ALL year round.  In the summer it will cool down the car and, in the winter it will keep your inside windows condensation free by conditioning the air (it’s in the name) and, funnily enough it will keep charging itself, think it will get cold?  well no, just turn your heating up and it will defeat the coldness of your air con.  How many times have you seen Joe public frantically wiping away the condensation on the car windscreen in the cold..... lots.

Use air con only in the summer and not through the winter, guess what it’s flat when you go to use it again 8 months after switching it off.  Anyway so, car companies Halfords etc will re charge it for you for a nominal fee....kerching for them.

Try it

will-i-am-a-jambo

Walk or cycle. Air conditioning problem solved, you do your bit for climate change and everyone's a winner!

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hi,

need to to add this in to clarify exactly what air con is (apart from the obvious)..... stick with me, this will/may benefit you.......

So, your air conditioning unit (notice I didn’t say air cooling unit), is a self charging system that should be used ALL year round.  In the summer it will cool down the car and, in the winter it will keep your inside windows condensation free by conditioning the air (it’s in the name) and, funnily enough it will keep charging itself, think it will get cold?  well no, just turn your heating up and it will defeat the coldness of your air con.  How many times have you seen Joe public frantically wiping away the condensation on the car windscreen in the cold..... lots.

Use air con only in the summer and not through the winter, guess what it’s flat when you go to use it again 8 months after switching it off.  Anyway so, car companies Halfords etc will re charge it for you for a nominal fee....kerching for them.

Try it

I really don't know if there's merit in this or not because I never ever turn mine off. 21 degrees all year round for me. I'm not sure why folk are comfortable at different temperatures in the summer to the winter.

highlandjambo3
18 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I really don't know if there's merit in this or not because I never ever turn mine off. 21 degrees all year round for me. I'm not sure why folk are comfortable at different temperatures in the summer to the winter.

There is merit in this info as most people do turn it off in the winter