Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

Heartsofgold

Right.  I've read several posts on various threads about the dire state of our season ticket sales so far and to be honest, I think most of it is speculative shite from people on here.  I may be wrong but that's my opinion.  Some people are saying that we've only sold 4000 season tickets....no chance, that's only just over the capacity of the Roseburn Stand.

I renewed 5 tickets on the 1st day on sale and would do so every season while I can afford to.  I know another 18 supporters who have ALL renewed their tickets for this year, 4 of whom are 100% in the 'Levein oot' camp but they still renewed.  

The club has not announced season ticket sales as yet and, due to the Zebra Finance issue and the subsequent extension of the renewal period, they probably won't announce anything until the 1st/2nd week in June.  I also think that this issue will have stopped several people from renewing in the 1st wave.  For this, and many other reasons, please stop the unfounded and unconfirmed speculation.  It's wearing thin.

Come on folks.  Yes the on field product has been poor for several months but remember the form at the start of the season and how we were all pumped up.  We're at the Scottish Cup Final and reached the league cup semi final this year.  League for has been poor but I really think we have the core of a good team.  A few decent additions and we will be able to get back to where we were at the start of the season.

HOWEVER, the club needs our money to do that!!!  If we as fans don't buy the season tickets then we cannot get better players without over-extending our borrowing facilities again and we all know what happened the last time we did that.  We very nearly didn't have a club to support.  For that reason, I'm asking all fans who want a better on-field produce to stop this crap about not renewing.  We support HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN come thick or thin, not the current manager or players.  Be critical where and when it's due, Christ knows I am, but support the club.

Hopefully rant over but I doubt it...……..

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Am all for giving the club money but if the season ticket sales remain the same then budge wont take notice of Leveins poor management and the results on the park. If Levein left now more people would buy season tickets. Voting with your feet might be the only way to remove Levein. 

been here before

I wonder how this will pan out...

Although there is a certain irony in speculating why sales may be low or havent been announced yet and then asking people to stop the unfounded speculating.

Edited by been here before

Heartsofgold
3 minutes ago, jamboveg said:

Am all for giving the club money but if the season ticket sales remain the same then budge wont take notice of Leveins poor management and the results on the park. If Levein left now more people would buy season tickets. Voting with your feet might be the only way to remove Levein. 

Rubbish.  Do you think that this successful business woman, who built and sold a very, very successful company in a VERY competitive market doesn't pay heed to performance and results then you are just mental.  She will have had conversations with him about our performances and it will have been brought up that the clubs main customers are VERY unhappy with this performance.  These conversations will have been frank and probably very uncomfortable for CL.  He will get this year to show on field improvement but to do this he need us to support the club with our cash.  If we don't then he won't be able to and that's when the real downward spiral of even shitter players starts.

letsalldothebeattie

I’ve not renewed yet but will be when I get paid. What can I say I love to ruin my weekends

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

The op having a go at speculation on season ticket sales by further speculating.....

As I stated, my opinion. And I qualified it by saying it may be wrong.  Some of the posts about sales have been taken as gossip truth by some.

Edited by Heartsofgold

Meh, club has enough of my money already (I have already renewed).

Fed up of my ST money being pissed away on either pish players or for Levein to fall out with them and never play them.

If we had finished higher up the table there'd be more money from that alone... but no, instead it is the fans fault this time around for not renewing STs to watch more boring shite!

Heartsofgold
Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

I’ve not renewed yet but will be when I get paid. What can I say I love to ruin my weekends

Me too mate.

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Rubbish.  Do you think that this successful business woman, who built and sold a very, very successful company in a VERY competitive market doesn't pay heed to performance and results then you are just mental.  She will have had conversations with him about our performances and it will have been brought up that the clubs main customers are VERY unhappy with this performance.  These conversations will have been frank and probably very uncomfortable for CL.  He will get this year to show on field improvement but to do this he need us to support the club with our cash.  If we don't then he won't be able to and that's when the real downward spiral of even shitter players starts.

Do you know this or are you speculating on what happens behind the scenes at the club?

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, kila said:

Fed up of my ST money being pissed away on either pish players or for Levein to fall out with them and never play them.

If we had finished higher up the table there'd be more money from that alone... but no, instead it is the fans fault this time around for not renewing STs to watch more boring shite!

Oh I tend to agree with this Kila but we will see.  The team core seems to be being stabilised so with a couple of decent signings and a bit of luck with fewer injuries than this year, we might see a challenge nearer the top than this year.

sprinbox98

I’ve not renewed and neither have the 4 guys I go with. We might do...but parting with £500 to watch the crap on display is hard to do!

Heartsofgold
Just now, HMFC 86 said:

Do you know this or are you speculating on what happens behind the scenes at the club?

Hearts are a business first and foremost.  From being in a senior management position where performance and results are the be all and end of that business and having very uncomfortable meetings with my managers and owners when those targets are not met I would strongly speculate that similar meetings have been held.  If not, I want to know why not.

Personally,    I would choose not to attempt to reason with those who say they are refusing to renew because of some half-assed protest about the management,   etc.      They are better left to their own flawed judgements.    

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, kila said:

Nail on napper. 

Heartsofgold
3 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

I’ve not renewed and neither have the 4 guys I go with. We might do...but parting with £500 to watch the crap on display is hard to do!

Mate, I just parted with £1700+ for our 5 so I can sympathise.  It's hard but then watching the club being relegated and nearly going out of business was harder.  I sometimes think we expect too much of the club.  Things will always be up and down at our club but we need to keep buying the tickets or we truly will end up a bottom 6 club.

21 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Doesn't appear to. Craig's overseen a number of underperforming seasons, yet he's still here.

HEARTS FOREVER

Season tickets sales will go up when Craig steps down and we bring in an inspiring appointment to replace home.

Only then

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

Standard of product I do understand may be off putting, but its hardly likely to get any better by withdrawing funding.

If we really want rid of the manager we turn feral, as was the case with Cathro. Denying the club cash really is footballs own version of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

But I get why.

Me and my Dad have renewed but my mate who sits beside us hasnt.

Pumped from Celtic the next 2 weekends and I honestly think we are going to see a big fall in attendances next season especially if Budge does not get rid of Levein.

sprinbox98
16 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Mate, I just parted with £1700+ for our 5 so I can sympathise.  It's hard but then watching the club being relegated and nearly going out of business was harder.  I sometimes think we expect too much of the club.  Things will always be up and down at our club but we need to keep buying the tickets or we truly will end up a bottom 6 club.

Totally agree. I’ve had a ticket for 22 years now and I will no doubt buy again.

But for the first time in many years I’m swithering to do so. This season I probably made it to 70% of the games. I have 3 young kids so prioritises for me have changed some what.

I just feel we as fans, are taken for granted some what. We will just keep blindly putting money into the club via season ticket sales, in the hope one year it will get better.

apologise for the pessimistic tones but just feeling like my time (and money) could be better spent.

20 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Hearts are a business first and foremost.  From being in a senior management position where performance and results are the be all and end of that business and having very uncomfortable meetings with my managers and owners when those targets are not met I would strongly speculate that similar meetings have been held.  If not, I want to know why not.

The trouble is we are ment to be an open club but with thousands of Hearts fans unhappy and want Levein & his Bootroom gone Ann Budge stays silent. Not a word about the future and I'd also like to know what is the difference between Levein and Cathro. Maybe Ann needs to sit in the Wheatfield to understand the anger of what the fans feel about what goes on on the pitch.

Don’t get the theory that season ticket sales dropping means the standard will drop? 

This has happened over history, and not just at Hearts either, that some fans drop off when things go pear shaped. 

It normally sparks response, and in more serious cases , wholesale changes. I doubt the financial hit would be that significant to stop us progressing. 

The problem has been decision making. 

Edited by Debut 4

hughesie27

I actually upgraded my seat and paid more for next season so theres that.

This is the first sign of any speculation so think the OP has just fuelled it further.

Tynecastle Valhalla

If we win the final it will help sell tickets to get the feel good factor back 

the energy and positivity had been sucked out on the playing side since before Christmas 

big changes are required - whether that’s personnel or tactics or communication with fans on future style or big name signings 

since our good run or form towards the start of the season the amount of goals scored is a disgrace - that has to be the chief issue addressed 

we are so deep in most games and slow to build up play it’s so frustrating 

I just want it to go to general sale so i can get my first ever season ticket at the age of 29! and before anyone moans its the first year i have been able to afford it! still go to as many games as i can. 

3 tickets so far not renewed. 1 will be renewed regardless as my old man now getting concession prices but other 2 will be renewed once Levein has been relived of first team management duties.

Let's hope we win the cup and he does the right thing but if not, he should absolutely get the bullet for the poor season we have had

33 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Season tickets sales will go up when Craig steps down and we bring in an inspiring appointment to replace home.

Only then

and who would that be then.....

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, gov said:

I just want it to go to general sale so i can get my first ever season ticket at the age of 29! and before anyone moans its the first year i have been able to afford it! still go to as many games as i can. 

It’s been general sale the the whole  time mate. The only restriction is that you can’t buy a seat that belonged to season ticket holder

over the 2018/19 season.

It's really simple, get rid of Levein, make a decent appointment and we will have at least as many season ticket holders as this season. And I say that as someone who has shelled out north of £700 to renew my son and I's seats. 

One thing is for sure, no one would refuse to renew their season ticket because you emptied the manager and first team coaches. 

Edited by Jodami

Robbo-Jambo
56 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Oh I tend to agree with this Kila but we will see.  The team core seems to be being stabilised so with a couple of decent signings and a bit of luck with fewer injuries than this year, we might see a challenge nearer the top than this year.

We need more than a couple of decent signings I am afraid.

5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It's really simple, get rid of Levein, make a decent appointment and we will have at least as many season ticket holders as this season. And I say that as someone who has shelled out north of £700 to renew my son and I's seats. 

One thing is for sure, no one would refuse to renew their season ticket because you emptied the manager and first team coaches. 

"Get rid of" without an alternative is no solution to anything. Typical knee jerk fan response when your team is not playing well.

Edited by tcjambo

I'm at the stage where while I will more than likely renew I have little motivation to do so. My 400 quid this season has gotten me about 3 games worth of good football (Celtic 1st game of the season, 2 x 2nd half performances v the sheep, 1st half v st midden and a first half v hibs), that's 130 odd quid per performance which is hard to justify outwith blind faith that things might be better next season.

I'm not one of the people that say I won't renew until levein goes, however I do want to see us at least doing something tangible that shows CL and AB recognise that the standards shown this season haven't been good enough and changes are required. I'd happily go and see what happens with Levein next season if a different coaching team have the players organised and well drilled but going into next season with the status quo isn't going to see us suddenly able to take quick throws or have a more dynamic, moving midfield that wants to get on the ball and create. 

Just now, tcjambo said:

!"Get rid of" without an alternative is no solution to anything. Typical knee jerk fan response when your team is not playing well.

Are you disagreeing that this wouldn't boost season ticket sales as that's what this thread is about. 

My Dad and I renewed ours. After a long think about it I decided that as a supporter you’ve to take the rough with the smooth. I’m not going to forget that Hearts have given me some of the best days/weekends/years of my life, just because I don’t like the manager, the players or the way they are playing. 

I laugh at Hibs fans when they disappear when things aren’t going good, that’s not going to be me. Hearts don’t do dressing as seats. 

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

We need more than a couple of decent signings I am afraid.

We really don’t. We need a couple more to add to Halkett and White of real quality and then we need to have a normal season injury wise. Think folk are forgetting that a lot of the squad are young developing players who will be better for a full season in the Scottish Premiership. In particular i’m thinking of Burns, Uche, clare and Garrucio. 

41 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The trouble is we are ment to be an open club but with thousands of Hearts fans unhappy and want Levein & his Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom Bootroom 

Bull's-eye

The supporter cleansing program is going nicely.

Morons not renewing is only a great sign for the future.

Heartsofgold
12 minutes ago, aam025 said:

My Dad and I renewed ours. After a long think about it I decided that as a supporter you’ve to take the rough with the smooth. I’m not going to forget that Hearts have given me some of the best days/weekends/years of my life, just because I don’t like the manager, the players or the way they are playing. 

I laugh at Hibs fans when they disappear when things aren’t going good, that’s not going to be me. Hearts don’t do dressing as seats. 

Bingo!!  This in a nutshell.

Heartsofgold
14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Are you disagreeing that this wouldn't boost season ticket sales as that's what this thread is about. 

We're not disagreeing with it however it's the 'cut your nose off to spite your face' withholding of club revenue that we don't agree with.  Holding back the money they need to sign players is self-destructive and there are better ways of getting our displeasure noticed.

The Apprentice

I'm one of those waiting on the release of the finance details.  The quality on offer has been really poor for the majority of the last few months but I'll be back refreshed and ready to go next season whether Levein is in charge or not.  Going along to the games with my brother and uncle is something I've done for as long as I can remember so I don't intend to stop anytime soon.

Heartsofgold
Just now, The Apprentice said:

I'm one of those waiting on the release of the finance details.  The quality on offer has been really poor for the majority of the last few months but I'll be back refreshed and ready to go next season whether Levein is in charge or not.  Going along to the games with my brother and uncle is something I've done for as long as I can remember so I don't intend to stop anytime soon.

Similar feelings for me as well mate.  I take my 2 daughters and they would not be happy with me if they didn't get their season tickets for next year.  They are totally hyper for the cup final.

Horatio Caine

After years and years of not being an ST holder, for work reasons, I now am able to go to games and have bought my ST.  Yes, I get all the negative talk about performances and no doubt I'll be moaning my head off when we put in (another?) poor match.  But HMFC are my team.  I've supported them all my life and I always will.  Like others have said before, if you experienced some of the utter dross we had to put up with during the '70's and early 80's, it kinda puts things in perspective.  So I'm looking forward to next season - for the football, yes, but also for the whole experience which I've not been able to enjoy for too long now.

thewiseone

If things stay  the same I'm actually going to buy 2  instead  of one for next season, the first for my boss  and  the second for my mother in  law.

Forever Hearts
Just now, thewiseone said:

If things stay  the same I'm actually going to buy 2  instead  of one for next season, the first for my boss  and  the second for my mother in  law.

???

29 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

We're not disagreeing with it however it's the 'cut your nose off to spite your face' withholding of club revenue that we don't agree with.  Holding back the money they need to sign players is self-destructive and there are better ways of getting our displeasure noticed.

There is not really any other way short of protesting in the ground. Fans are not a cash machine for clubs, if people are miserable because the product on show is poor then it's no surprise that they will stop going. To address your other point, can you trust Levein to spend the club's money, he has wasted massive amounts on sub standard no marks. 

People can pontificate about loyalty, Levein's service to Hearts, how they think we are only a couple of players away from being a good team (we're not!) but they need to face up to the reality that this is where the club is and many fans are really unhappy. 

Enzo Chiefo
59 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

"Get rid of" without an alternative is no solution to anything. Typical knee jerk fan response when your team is not playing well.

As was the case when Cathro was dismissed? If we knew we would have to endure 2 years of Levein then we would have been aswell giving Cathro more time. At least he wanted to adopt a passing game and may well have got it right after a couple of transfer windows.