Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

First time contributing to the thread as that’s me just renewed this morning. I can see the last few pages have been nowt but shite, so to save me scrolling and scrolling, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get confirmation from the guys who do the payment plans? I’m sure all will be fine and we will be accepted, but how long do you have to wait from applying to getting your new ST? 

just for anyone interested, that’s me and ma da renewed, my laddies now back from Oz and has bought his first ST in years, and one of my nephews has signed up, for the first time. So that’s another four off the dot count ??

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

56 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I’ve never come across a more self critical fans forum than Kickback. 

BINGO! I especially like when posters refer to JKB as being this, that and the next thing, as if they are not actually part of it themselves. ?

FarmerTweedy
22 hours ago, mitch41 said:

What would you imagine was the biggest reason for ST holders not renewing ?

Just asking.

Kicking the bucket would probably be the biggest reason, if not necessarily the most widely used one!

Mr Elwood P
36 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

First time contributing to the thread as that’s me just renewed this morning. I can see the last few pages have been nowt but shite, so to save me scrolling and scrolling, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get confirmation from the guys who do the payment plans? I’m sure all will be fine and we will be accepted, but how long do you have to wait from applying to getting your new ST? 

just for anyone interested, that’s me and ma da renewed, my laddies now back from Oz and has bought his first ST in years, and one of my nephews has signed up, for the first time. So that’s another four off the dot count ??

That's an accurate description of the other 40 pages as well. Perhaps even 90% of the content posted on JKB. Quite often a case of dredging sewage with your bare hands, searching for nuggets of gold. Mostly the nuggets are shite though.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Try Hearts Facebook...

Oh, that's just  chronic.....

davemclaren
44 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Kicking the bucket would probably be the biggest reason, if not necessarily the most widely used one!

?

52 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yes kicking the bucket, illness, money problems, Levein ect. It's just sad we aren't attracting more young 

and new fans that would like to buy Season Tickets. Our excisting ST holders are just hoping things will 

get much better on the pitch but there isn't that feeling that great things are going to happen, well not 

enough to attract fans new fans anyway. We live in hope.

FarmerTweedy
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yes kicking the bucket, illness, money problems, Levein ect. It's just sad we aren't attracting more young 

and new fans that would like to buy Season Tickets. Our excisting ST holders are just hoping things will 

get much better on the pitch but there isn't that feeling that great things are going to happen, well not 

There isn't at the moment, no, but if we start next season anything like we started the last one, but don't then come off the rails dramatically, that feeling may return. If we don't start next season well, or if we do come off the rails again after a while, there will eventually be a change in management, as despite what some rambling nutjobs on jkb, facebook, etc think, both Budge and Levein do care about results.  They just happen to believe the correct course of action just now is to give things a bit longer with the current setup and see if the plans for new signings, etc, get us back to how we were in the early stages of last season.

Also, we clearly are attracting some new ST buyers, a number of people on this very thread have commented that they or a friend or family member have bought one for the coming season having not had one last season.  We're not (at least not yet) attracting quite enough to replace all the lapsed ones, but that's inevitable after a couple of poor seasons.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Mitch, I think you are a fine Hearts fan, but you do struggle with the positives! Is it because you think time is running out?? :)

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Mitch, I think you are a fine Hearts fan, but you do struggle with the positives! Is it because you think time is running out?? :)

Time is running out for all of us, with some of us having less time than others to go. ?

15 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

There isn't at the moment, no, but if we start next season anything like we started the last one, but don't then come off the rails dramatically, that feeling may return. If we don't start next season well, or if we do come off the rails again after a while, there will eventually be a change in management, as despite what some rambling nutjobs on jkb, facebook, etc think, both Budge and Levein do care about results.  They just happen to believe the correct course of action just now is to give things a bit longer with the current setup and see if the plans for new signings, etc, get us back to how we were in the early stages of last season.

Also, we clearly are attracting some new ST buyers, a number of people on this very thread have commented that they or a friend or family member have bought one for the coming season having not had one last season.  We're not (at least not yet) attracting quite enough to replace all the lapsed ones, but that's inevitable after a couple of poor seasons.

Very true and i will accept nobody at Hearts including Ann and CL do care about our results. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Time is running out for all of us, with some of us having less time than others to go. ?

A guy called Dave, funnily enough Dave, always used to remind me by the lift at work, one day closer to death, as we would greet one another.

Utterly sobering :lol:

We need an exciting off pitch incentive to attract teenagers/ long term fans of the future .  

We had the shed when we were young.  They should have their own cheap safe standing section. 

I would have to be closely monitored to keep the real dafties out so they don't spoil it for everyone.   Located close enough to the away fans to create the atmosphere but just out of missile range.

Probably considered too much of a risk at the moment.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A guy called Dave, funnily enough Dave, always used to remind me by the lift at work, one day closer to death, as we would greet one another.

Utterly sobering :lol:

?

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

After watching Hearts, playing football, captaining teams, managing mens teams you can see things

that really get to you and you say why can't that player or manager see that and change it. And yes 

time is running out for many of us but i'll always want the best for Hearts.

OmiyaHearts
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Very true and i will accept nobody at Hearts including Ann and CL do care about our results. 

I don't totally agree, but why should they? The money will keep coming in from the loyal supporters, no matter how poor we play.

This pre-season has shown that we will renew in large numbers, even if results and performances are poor. 

Portable Badger
13 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

We need an exciting off pitch incentive to attract teenagers/ long term fans of the future .  

We had the shed when we were young.  They should have their own cheap safe standing section. 

I would have to be closely monitored to keep the real dafties out so they don't spoil it for everyone.   Located close enough to the away fans to create the atmosphere but just out of missile range.

There's a sand pit at the Nursery !!!  And plenty of supervisors looking out for your H&S

11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I don't totally agree, but why should they? The money will keep coming in from the loyal supporters, no matter how poor we play.

This pre-season has shown that we will renew in large numbers, even if results and performances are poor. 

Now i never thought or believe CL is good enough but we all must believe he cares. i think you have 

to keep apart the caring part and the skill to deliver.

Mr Elwood P
49 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Do care or don't care?

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

FTFY

:rofl:

Had a few last night, myself. Feeling a bit rough this morning. 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Where is it that you get your stats from on this? Be good to read more. 

Footballfirst

Latest count

Wheatfield - 1,203

Roseburn - 880

Main - 1,183

Gorgie - 562

Total - 3,828

Estimated Sales - 11,844

Club sales(?) - 12,069

It's now three weeks since the general sale started with the dot count down by 1,249 since the first one on 3 June.

The counts have gone down as follows: Week 1 - 841,  Week 2 - 229 and Week 3 - 189  

Stephen Muddie
5 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I don't know if this is ironic or not, but I generally agree. More akin to a political party than a discussion forum.

4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

BINGO! I especially like when posters refer to JKB as being this, that and the next thing, as if they are not actually part of it themselves. ?

"Kickback is full of arseholes,except from me"-type post IMO. :verysmug:

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That's an accurate description of the other 40 pages as well. Perhaps even 90% of the content posted on JKB. Quite often a case of dredging sewage with your bare hands, searching for nuggets of gold. Mostly the nuggets are shite though.

:spoton:every thread goes waaay off topic and descends into petty squabbles. BTW, I don't like you and think you're a hobo and eh, how long until Wimbledon starts again? Funny weather we've been having today isn't it, ya bam. I think the dullness is all because of you. It's your negative vibes man.

33 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:jjyay:Good post m8. Oh, whilst we're on the subject, how are you finding Royal Mail lately? I don't like the way their service standards have dropped. The last postie I spoke to had a really offensive opinion about leprechauns being imaginary. I reported him to the police. What do you think about rising violent crime amidst the backdrop of reduced police funding? 

1 minute ago, Stephen Muddie said:

"Kickback is full of arseholes,except from me"-type post IMO. :verysmug:

Exactly. The folk who do the most complaining about JKB this or that, are generally JKB .posters. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

After watching Hearts, playing football, captaining teams, managing mens teams you can see things

that really get to you and you say why can't that player or manager see that and change it. And yes 

time is running out for many of us but i'll always want the best for Hearts.

With these credentials Mitch I'm a wee bit surprised you're not managing a big senior club.

The Toon has a vacancy.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Latest count

Wheatfield - 1,203

Roseburn - 880

Main - 1,183

Gorgie - 562

Total - 3,828

Estimated Sales - 11,844

Club sales(?) - 12,069

It's now three weeks since the general sale started with the dot count down by 1,249 since the first one on 3 June.

The counts have gone down as follows: Week 1 - 841,  Week 2 - 229 and Week 3 - 189  

Admittedly still about 5 weeks from the start of the league campaign but we're circa 1500 ST holders down on last year? A drop of around 11%? Surely that should be concerning to AB and the board? 

2 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Admittedly still about 5 weeks from the start of the league campaign but we're circa 1500 ST holders down on last year? A drop of around 11%? Surely that should be concerning to AB and the board? 

You would think anyway.... ?

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

The club will probably sell 400/500 in the last week if last year is anything to go by. The next four weeks will be more dependent on signings and a good start to the League Cup.

Mr Elwood P
27 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Look how many have been sold over the last three weeks, now calculate how many we will get over the next five weeks. We will end up around about the same total, again. Spikes in sales due to pay day, positive League cup performances and new signings.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Aye,

can see how that would work?

AB "Oi Craig , sales of st are down v last years total"

:levein_interesting:

AB "Sales are down v last years total and we are really concerned that with 5 weeks to go we have sold a lower number, I think you are the problem."

:notsure:

CL- I think you are better waiting until the start of the season. be a fair comparison

AB :Blond-Moment:

CL

:pleasing:

AB :jesus:

CL

:fonzie:

cl and ab

:stantoned:

the foamers on jkb

:raging:

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:rofl:

Had a few last night, myself. Feeling a bit rough this morning. 

You must be - you posted this at around 3pm....

Bridge of Djoum
15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You must be - you posted this at around 3pm....

Here or there? Lost track TBH.

This thread is a yearly event with pages rolling by as the summer wears on. If only we could harvest the energy created by the doomsayers versus the not-so-doomsayers, power Gorgie for free.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

With these credentials Mitch I'm a wee bit surprised you're not managing a big senior club.

The Toon has a vacancy.

I was down there last season with 5 mates NUfc v Everton 3-2. We went through Thomas Cook. 

Fab hotel, entry to bar in stadium, spent the 2nd half in bar watching game on big screen. Great

weekend but drunk as a skunk. Rafa got it right in the 2nd half after being 2-0 down in 1st half.

I was going to message him at half time but I knew he’d get it right. I couldn’t work for Ashley 

he’s as bad as the Pieman.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Latest count

Wheatfield - 1,203

Roseburn - 880

Main - 1,183

Gorgie - 562

Total - 3,828

Estimated Sales - 11,844

Club sales(?) - 12,069

5 renewed yesterday mate main stand. 

3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Boris Johnston gave me the stats. 

23 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I was down there last season with 5 mates NUfc v Everton 3-2. We went through Thomas Cook. 

Fab hotel, entry to bar in stadium, spent the 2nd half in bar watching game on big screen. Great

weekend but drunk as a skunk. Rafa got it right in the 2nd half after being 2-0 down in 1st half.

I was going to message him at half time but I knew he’d get it right. I couldn’t work for Ashley 

he’s as bad as the Pieman.

So you're not applying.

Might be new owners soon!

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Nobreath said:

A rare moment of self-awareness?  ?

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

:vrface::jj_facepalm::cornette:

Why the **** wouldn't they? Do you think Ann Budge got involved in the first place for any other reason than she supports the club?  Do you really actually think that she doesn't want the club to do well? Or do you maybe think she's like some of the cretins on jkb that would actually like to see Hearts lose in the hope it'll hasten change in the management, having somehow forgotten she has a rather large degree of influence over that?

No doubt been covered already but too lazy to search – do we get new season ticket cards this year? Some of pals have received new ones in the post, but I've not had anything despite renewing at the end of May.

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Now i never thought or believe CL is good enough but we all must believe he cares. i think you have 

to keep apart the caring part and the skill to deliver.

Absolutley in no doubt. We should consider  ourselves vv lucky in that regard.

16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The club will probably sell 400/500 in the last week if last year is anything to go by. The next four weeks will be more dependent on signings and a good start to the League Cup.

I'm pretty sure STs were on sale a fair bit earlier this year than they were last. If that is the case, hoping for a final push of up to 500 in the last week may be slightly wishful thinking (although I hope I'm wrong on that). 

It's looking likely that we'll be down on last season but obviously need to wait to see the final figure. Disappointing but hardly surprising.

16 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Look how many have been sold over the last three weeks, now calculate how many we will get over the next five weeks. We will end up around about the same total, again. Spikes in sales due to pay day, positive League cup performances and new signings.

Hope you're right but as I replied to FF, I think the earlier sale dates this year may offset those late sales? Time will tell. I think we'll be down around 5%. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Hope you're right but as I replied to FF, I think the earlier sale dates this year may offset those late sales? Time will tell. I think we'll be down around 5%. 

Not sure that will be proven correct. We will hope to see a surge this weekend with payday and then again with a successful League Cup campaign. If the attacking signings are Walker, Naismith and one of the strikers that have been rumoured then it looks like a very strong transfer window. 

16 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye,

can see how that would work?

AB "Oi Craig , sales of st are down v last years total"

:levein_interesting:

AB "Sales are down v last years total and we are really concerned that with 5 weeks to go we have sold a lower number, I think you are the problem."

:notsure:

CL- I think you are better waiting until the start of the season. be a fair comparison

AB :Blond-Moment:

CL

:pleasing:

AB :jesus:

CL

:fonzie:

cl and ab

:stantoned:

the foamers on jkb

:raging:

Eh, ok then. 

Who said anything about Levein? 

As a businesswoman with decades of experience, I'd expect that AB will be concerned by a significant drop in sales. If that figure ends up around 5% on last year - and it may yet be worse than that - it's potentially somewhere in the region of £270,000. That's equivalent to almost 2.5% of our annual turnover. That's certainly not insignificant. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not sure that will be proven correct. We will hope to see a surge this weekend with payday and then again with a successful League Cup campaign. If the attacking signings are Walker, Naismith and one of the strikers that have been rumoured then it looks like a very strong transfer window. 

Yeah I suppose there will always be those that leave it quite late (never really understood this strategy as you'd end up in different seats every year!). There are quite a few ifs and buts in there. Conversely, a poor LC campaign like 2017 and sales could shudder to a halt! 

I think it's fair to assume we'll be down on last year's total. Even the most optimistic of forecasters surely can't see us shifting 1600+ STs in 5 weeks? It's going to be a case of waiting to see the scale of that drop-off. 

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Eh, ok then. 

Who said anything about Levein? 

As a businesswoman with decades of experience, I'd expect that AB will be concerned by a significant drop in sales. If that figure ends up around 5% on last year - and it may yet be worse than that - it's potentially somewhere in the region of £270,000. That's equivalent to almost 2.5% of our annual turnover. That's certainly not insignificant. 

Season ticket prices increased this season so that will mitigate some of the impact of any reduced sales. 

Inch Hearts
24 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

I'm pretty sure STs were on sale a fair bit earlier this year than they were last. If that is the case, hoping for a final push of up to 500 in the last week may be slightly wishful thinking (although I hope I'm wrong on that). 

It's looking likely that we'll be down on last season but obviously need to wait to see the final figure. Disappointing but hardly surprising.

7 days earlier.

Why isn’t it surprising? 

Edited by Inch Hearts

4 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Yeah I suppose there will always be those that leave it quite late (never really understood this strategy as you'd end up in different seats every year!). There are quite a few ifs and buts in there. Conversely, a poor LC campaign like 2017 and sales could shudder to a halt! 

I think it's fair to assume we'll be down on last year's total. Even the most optimistic of forecasters surely can't see us shifting 1600+ STs in 5 weeks? It's going to be a case of waiting to see the scale of that drop-off. 

FFS you are skewing your argument to suit your agenda.

First of all STs sales started  at the same time as they did last year.

Secondly this 1600 that you say we still have to make up you are basing this on our FINAL total last year which includes half season tickets. To get an accurate comparison you would have to wait until December.

Last year on the 3rd of August the club announced 13k STs sold.

This is the comparison you should be using if you want an accurate state of play.

We have around 900 STs required to match last year.

Hardly a crisis.