Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s good news as it should allow more focus on those that do cause problems. 

Totally agree 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Stephen Muddie
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks for doing that. I've added it to my spreadsheet. It provides confirmation that my initial counts had no glaring errors in them, e.g dropping 100 somewhere along the line.

The numbers are in line with the normal sales pattern at the start of the general sale period. I'd expect that the rate will drop off next week. There are plenty good and adjacent seats available in all areas and no 2nd phase pricing, therefore little urgency for anyone who intends buying a ST to do so now.

I think that it will take a few decent signings and a good start to the League cup campaign to provide the impetus to get to last season's numbers

No worries. Was interested to see if we'd passed 11k and we have. I'm pretty confident my count is either spot on or if it's out, it's only by the odd one or two.

I agree with everything you've said. A strong outcome in the transfer market, particularly attacking players, will be the difference. I think though that, in the face of a late finance option, sales are pretty outstanding so far. Can see us selling out by season's start if like I said, we get a few big signings. If we have a disappointing summer transfer-wise, I'd think we'll hit 13.5k.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I make predictions based on my opinions. Of course initial and final sales were higher than I predicted. At one point I estimated they would be down by 10-15% and they ended up 7 or 8% down. This season? Who knows but I reckon they will be down again.  

You do seem very keen to deploy hindsight to mock posters predictions.  How about those who predicted we would challenge the OF last season then revised it to 3rd, 4th  ahead of Hibs before accepting 6th?  Were they wildly out too?? Did they "move the goalposts" too? How about the poster who rhought Mitchell would be the stand out player in the entire league or that Vanacek would rip up the league ? Thoughts on those forecasts?

:rofl: 

"At one point"

Sorry for mocking you but fancy telling us about the other points?

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I make predictions based on my opinions. Of course initial and final sales were higher than I predicted. At one point I estimated they would be down by 10-15% and they ended up 7 or 8% down. This season? Who knows but I reckon they will be down again.  

You do seem very keen to deploy hindsight to mock posters predictions.  How about those who predicted we would challenge the OF last season then revised it to 3rd, 4th  ahead of Hibs before accepting 6th?  Were they wildly out too?? Did they "move the goalposts" too? How about the poster who rhought Mitchell would be the stand out player in the entire league or that Vanacek would rip up the league ? Thoughts on those forecasts?

Could you show us your workings for the 7-8% please Nostradamus? 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How is making a low prediction "pleasurable"? Christ, I remember when we were selling 5,000 STs!

You know fine the type of poster who almost revel in this, every close season.

If that's not you, then good. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

That’s good news as it should allow more focus on those that do cause problems. 

Ffs, no more canvas union Jack's and smoke bombs for me. 

?

Have just tried to renew using the finance option. Reserved my seat before the deadline for doing so. Can't see anywhere on the application form for client reference but it keeps saying my client reference number is too long?

Little help?

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, graygo said:

:rofl: 

"At one point"

Sorry for mocking you but fancy telling us about the other points?

Eh....no.  

If we sell 14,000 and go on to win the league, what will the moaners moan about.  I suspect it will be AB.  They will say she had no vision and our stadium is nowhere near big enough to cope with our success.

Budge oot.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Could you show us your workings for the 7-8% please Nostradamus? 

You want to know about last year's drop in sales ?? A bit strange, no? 

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

If we sell 14,000 and go on to win the league, what will the moaners moan about.  I suspect it will be AB.  They will say she had no vision and our stadium is nowhere near big enough to cope with our success.

Budge oot.

One year too late, 5 year plan and all that. 

BUDGE OOT!

johnthomas
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Eh....no.  

Genuinely find it weird that someone would base their predictions on their opinions . 

Wouldn't most people look at the facts ?

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Budge oot.

I can't fault the fact that you retain so much youthful enthusiasm and optimism Doug. I was like that many years ago  - before experience and realism kicks in - but where does it come from ? We won't be anywhere near to challenging either of the OF next season. A few weeks ago you wanted changes , surely a Cup Final defeat hasn't changed your mind? Or are you still working your way through that huge carry out you were getting in for the Final??

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Genuinely find it weird that someone would base their predictions on their opinions . 

Wouldn't most people look at the facts ?

Facts? Good idea. Run along to the bookies at 4.15pm on Sat and tell them you want to put a bet on the 4pm. You'll be basing your predictions on facts rather than opinions.  The key is in the "pre".

johnthomas
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Facts? Good idea. Run along to the bookies at 4.15pm on Sat and tell them you want to put a bet on the 4pm. You'll be basing your predictions on facts rather than opinions.  The key is in the "pre".

Facts are used all the time to make predictions . This is , of course , done by people who don't want to base their conclusions on personal bias 

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You want to know about last year's drop in sales ?? A bit strange, no? 

No. I want to know how you get to a 7-8% drop. 

Question too simple for you? 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

No. I want to know how you get to a 7-8% drop. 

Question too simple for you? 

Yes, far too simple. 

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Facts are used all the time to make predictions . This is , of course , done by people who don't want to base their conclusions on personal bias 

Personal bias??  This thread is about ST sales. Not quite sure how personal bias affects predictions of ST sales. I agree with you about facts though, goals scored,  games won, finishing position in the league, medals and trophies won. Maybe I'm just biased though.

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I can't fault the fact that you retain so much youthful enthusiasm and optimism Doug. I was like that many years ago  - before experience and realism kicks in - but where does it come from ? We won't be anywhere near to challenging either of the OF next season. A few weeks ago you wanted changes , surely a Cup Final defeat hasn't changed your mind? Or are you still working your way through that huge carry out you were getting in for the Final??

The wine stayed in the fridge.  Didnt touch a drop during the game or after but was bursting with pride and absolutely frustrated that we didn't manage to get there.

I can't help thinking about the fairy tale that is Hickey.  Real tribute to Craig Levein for starting him against James Forest of all people.  What an extraordinary performance.

The purpose of my post of course was to challenge the constant negativity of some posters.

As for wanting change, I well remember being utterly distraught when we sold Dave Mackay.  I wanted change then but I didnt throw in the towel.  I haven't thrown in the towel since and I'll never throw in the towel.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, far too simple. 

I’m make it really simple for you then Einstein. The club announced over £13k sold in August last year. Our very own expert dot counter FF, then added hospitality, wheelchair users etc to that figure and reckoned we’d be closer to 13,500 and more when half season tickets went on sale as I assume the figure you’re comparing it to is the previous seasons 14k that was announced at the end of November 2017. 8% of 14,000 is 1,120. 

Talking mince again gain even with your revised estimate?

Enzo Chiefo
21 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The wine stayed in the fridge.  Didnt touch a drop during the game or after but was bursting with pride and absolutely frustrated that we didn't manage to get there.

I can't help thinking about the fairy tale that is Hickey.  Real tribute to Craig Levein for starting him against James Forest of all people.  What an extraordinary performance.

The purpose of my post of course was to challenge the constant negativity of some posters.

As for wanting change, I well remember being utterly distraught when we sold Dave Mackay.  I wanted change then but I didnt throw in the towel.  I haven't thrown in the towel since and I'll never throw in the towel.

Very admirable Doug. A very good post and, of course, it was a brave decision by CL to play young Hickey from tge start.  The fact Forrest had to switch wings is testament to how good a performance he (Hickey) produced. And I'm glad you've still got the wine in reserve ?

Enzo Chiefo
35 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I’m make it really simple for you then Einstein. The club announced over £13k sold in August last year. Our very own expert dot counter FF, then added hospitality, wheelchair users etc to that figure and reckoned we’d be closer to 13,500 and more when half season tickets went on sale as I assume the figure you’re comparing it to is the previous seasons 14k that was announced at the end of November 2017. 8% of 14,000 is 1,120. 

Talking mince again gain even with your revised estimate?

I'm comparing club figures,  officially announced by them. For all the good work that FF does, there were discrepancies with seats appearimg iirc. So, comparing club figures, not what people "reckon" or should "be about" I would say there was approx drop of 1k. Who knows the exact figures as they weren't announced. If you're that worried about it, email the club for clarification. Oh, and better to cut the Einstein stuff ss it makes you come over as a bit of a smart erse.

Jamboelite
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As I said, all predictions wrong or your money back.

I will happily be wrong if and when we beat my prediction.

750 tickets till August ? done in 3 days....

it makes my football coupon predictions look like im Nostradamus.

Edited by Jamboelite

Vlad Magic
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm comparing club figures,  officially announced by them. For all the good work that FF does, there were discrepancies with seats appearimg iirc. So, comparing club figures, not what people "reckon" or should "be about" I would say there was approx drop of 1k. Who knows the exact figures as they weren't announced. If you're that worried about it, email the club for clarification. Oh, and better to cut the Einstein stuff ss it makes you come over as a bit of a smart erse.

Thats my line Mr unoriginal.

Another to add to the list of adjectives to describe you.

4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Have just tried to renew using the finance option. Reserved my seat before the deadline for doing so. Can't see anywhere on the application form for client reference but it keeps saying my client reference number is too long?

Little help?

Just cancel. It was because I was putting Wheatfield in the application. No need. Seems to be sorted now

Apologies for the Einstein reference Enzo. 

Thing is though, Hearts announced over 13,000 on 3 August 2018 and the hospitality packages didn’t go on sale until 26 August. Therefore 13,500 plus half season tickets takes us not far off the previous seasons figure. Even allowing for no half season tickets it’s 13,500. 

Not even close to your second or third prediction of a 7 or 8% fall. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Apologies for the Einstein reference Enzo. 

Thing is though, Hearts announced over 13,000 on 3 August 2018 and the hospitality packages didn’t go on sale until 26 August. Therefore 13,500 plus half season tickets takes us not far off the previous seasons figure. Even allowing for no half season tickets it’s 13,500. 

Not even close to your second or third prediction of a 7 or 8% fall. 

No need for apologies Rudolf. I"m happy to accept the figures you quote there. Any chance of revising my prediction retrospectively to maybe 3%???

FarmerTweedy
On 05/06/2019 at 19:43, graygo said:

Why do you care that I asked?

As I read this exchange, all I'm hearing in my head is 'I'm not your buddy, friend', etc!

FarmerTweedy
On 05/06/2019 at 21:32, Psychedelicropcircle said:

after all my bitchin I’ve come in from work tonight only to be told by []cropcirclette[/b] she’s renewed ? I’m still unhappily holding firm.??

Surely she's ropcirclette?

frankblack
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No need for apologies Rudolf. I"m happy to accept the figures you quote there. Any chance of revising my prediction retrospectively to maybe 3%???

I feel a sense of Deja Vu watching you backtrack and squirm over another Season Ticket thread for the third year in a row.

Your predictions of doom and gloom aren't convincing anyone, and it must be a bit depressing repeating yourself ad nauseam.  Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

FarmerTweedy
23 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The spine is the easy part, the quality, the flair, the pace, that's where he always falls down...and that's what , along with good management,  wins trophies.

Yeah, cos Gordon, Pressley and Hartley were utterly shite!

You stopped even trying to be credible a long time ago, didn't you?

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I feel a sense of Deja Vu watching you backtrack and squirm over another Season Ticket thread for the third year in a row.

Your predictions of doom and gloom aren't convincing anyone, and it must be a bit depressing repeating yourself ad nauseam.  Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

The doom and gloom is on the park Frank. Have a look at the league table if you don't believe me. Nothing more depressing that watching that every week imo, which is why I don't go. But each to their own, be assured I am not trying nor do I want to convince anyone. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The doom and gloom is on the park Frank. Have a look at the league table if you don't believe me. Nothing more depressing that watching that every week imo, which is why I don't go. But each to their own, be assured I am not trying nor do I want to convince anyone. 

You know something is depressing when you say you don't go to games?

giphy.gif

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yeah, cos Gordon, Pressley and Hartley were utterly shite!

You stopped even trying to be credible a long time ago, didn't you?

Being credible ?  On JKB? ? .Hardly a lofty ambition.  I think I can live without being seen as "credible" on here. Gordon and Pressley were part of the spine, Hartley too and he played his best football post Levein, revelling in the freedom that Burley's reign afforded him. 

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, Hercules said:

Can I ask what your and other people’s optimism is based on ? Same squad as last year plus Halkett And the mysterious Aidy White who no one has heard of ?

If no one has heard of Aidy White, he won't have ever been mentioned on jbk. And yet, here I am quoting a post where someone mentions him, and I'm not thinking to myself 'who is Aidy White, never heard of him before?'. It's almost as iv you're talking shite!

tokyowalnut
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You know something is depressing when you say you don't go to games?

giphy.gif

Doesn't go, but knows it's a depressing watch. I know what I smell. 

Enzo, go on holiday and relax. Your blood pressure must be sky high. 

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just a wee bit of advice old son, before you start accusing me of mendacity,  be careful to avail yourself of the facts. I predicted ST sales would drop and they did.  Not by as much as I predicted but drop they did. There were no "lies" involved, except in the mind of posters like yourself. Others predicted outlandish increases which didn't materialise either and we'll likely hear the same tripe again this year. I've not made any ST predictions this year but they may very well fall again. They are heading in the wrong direction, however you dress them up.  Most clubs build new stands and increase the gates. I agree, I don't think he will be fired because AB has a severe blind spot with him and relies on hearing his voice and no other as far as footballing matter go. That type of poor governance is not sustainable long term. So give yourself a break and stop your incessant trolling.

You predicted at least a 20% drop. When it turned out that was wrong, you changed your tune and started predicting a 10% to 15% drop. You carried on predicting that, even after we'd comfortably passed sales of 90% of the previous season. We ended up about 2% or 3% diwn, yet you continue to claim you were right, despite being proved to be slavering utter shite on a consistent basis.  And yet you accuse others of trolling!  I'm so glad I don't have the misfortune of having to suffer you in real life! 

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

''happy to read his posts''. 

Is there another way to interpret that? 

It's entirely possible that cheetah just has a great time pishing himself laughing at the utter tripe that enzo consistently posts!

Enzo Chiefo
17 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Doesn't go, but knows it's a depressing watch. I know what I smell. 

Enzo, go on holiday and relax. Your blood pressure must be sky high. 

I'm on holiday ??. Disfrutando de una cerveza fria!! 

38 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If no one has heard of Aidy White, he won't have ever been mentioned on jbk. And yet, here I am quoting a post where someone mentions him, and I'm not thinking to myself 'who is Aidy White, never heard of him before?'. It's almost as iv you're talking shite!

Are you ok ?

Enzo, we all want a successful Hearts team and we all hate Hibs, so peace brother✌️

Jamboelite
40 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What's the betting we hit 12K over the weekend ?

I would say next week is more likely although 300-400 a day recently suggests we will be there or thereabouts. 

Edited by Jamboelite

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's entirely possible that cheetah just has a great time pishing himself laughing at the utter tripe that enzo consistently posts!

A sound postulation.

5 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

I would say next week is more likely although 300-400 a day recently suggests we will be there or thereabouts. 

If we do strike 12,000 next week that will be fantastic considering so much poor league form last season.  Surely that will silence the critics.

I'd be buying one just to watch Hickey alone.  Can't believe that performance and it was far too good to be a one-off.

Biffa Bacon
9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If we do strike 12,000 next week that will be fantastic considering so much poor league form last season.  Surely that will silence the critics.

I'd be buying one just to watch Hickey alone.  Can't believe that performance and it was far too good to be a one-off.

I think that the cup final performance has regenerated some optimism, we can compete with the best in the country. Maybe it's just hope..... but maybe it's the start of something that we can all be a part of.

1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I think that the cup final performance has regenerated some optimism, we can compete with the best in the country. Maybe it's just hope..... but maybe it's the start of something that we can all be a part of.

We all have to hope for the latter.  Halkett and a refreshed Naismith are a great start in terms of strengthening the squad.  I'm sure there will funds to lure 2 or more good quality players.

I just cant see the point of being pessimistic 

Bazzas right boot

I think  CL signing a contract extension along with the signing of Naismith would boost St numbers if announced. 

Really unite us and get the majority on side.