Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Bad Religion
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Or, more likely, the Mods are smart enough to allow people to express different opinions. You obviously can't debate without hurling, unsuccessfully it must be said,  insults at other fans.

You're not expressing a different opinion though. You're simply making things up to create negativity and try and persuade people to join your anti Craig Levein crusade. It's a sad waste of life.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

You're not expressing a different opinion though. You're simply making things up to create negativity and try and persuade people to join your anti Craig Levein crusade. It's a sad waste of life.

An example of something I have "made up" is??  I don't need people to "join my anti Craig Levein crusade ". I am expressing my opinion which many agree with and many don't. It's really that simple.

So if the dot count is to be believed we are now well over 11k STs sold.

I wonder if anyone has an idea of the level of sales we can expect between now and the start of the season ?

I'm thinking about like for like examples from previous seasons.

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Mods, can we please start dishing out the thread bans to those who can’t stay on topic. Plenty other threads for repeating the same old arguments about the manager.

:spoton:

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

An example of something I have "made up" is??  I don't need people to "join my anti Craig Levein crusade ". I am expressing my opinion which many agree with and many don't. It's really that simple.

What opinion are you expressing?

You just keep telling everyone we haven't sold or aren't going to sell season tickets because of CL. Every season you are proven wrong. You then disappear for a few days before returning and moving the goal posts. Its ridiculous.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Bad Religion said:

You just keep telling everyone we haven't sold or aren't going to sell season tickets because of CL. Every season you are proven wrong. You then disappear for a few days before returning and moving the goal posts. Its ridiculous.

I presume that it is more interesting talking about Enzo than STs?

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I wonder if anyone has an idea of the level of sales we can expect between now and the start of the season ?

I think that's reasonable. Sales will hold around 13.5-14k. Even I predicted that sales may be down at least 10% this season, but take up has been quite impressive thus far.

FYI, @Hercules If I were still living in Edinburgh I would be among those ST holders, just as I was for around 16 years before I left. I'd be a ST holder just like the majority of overseas Hearts fans. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Apparently

AlphonseCapone

Over 11k seems pretty good to me. Still plenty time till the season starts. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They went down last year, as predicted.  How did all the predictions on here go last season:  1st then 2nd, at least 3rd, 4th and the Cup, European qualification., defo ahead of Hibs. Where did we finish....6th again. Pesky things are facts.

That wasn't what you predicted. 

"I think we will struggle to amass10k by August with probably about 8.5 or 9 after the renewal period"

Then when we went flying past that you made another prediction and claimed to be close.

You can't wait til the final furlong, change horses and claim you were right all along!

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apparently

Thoughts on season ticket sales to date? 

Bad Religion
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What I found interesting was your well thought out and measured prediction that we’d only sell another 750 season tickets after the clubs statement earlier in the week. How’s that going for you?

Geoff Kilpatrick

What I found interesting was your well thought out and measured prediction that we’d only sell another 750 season tickets after the clubs statement earlier in the week. How’s that going for you?

As I said, all predictions wrong or your money back.

I will happily be wrong if and when we beat my prediction.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Thoughts on season ticket sales to date? 

Image result for tumbleweed gif

Season ticket sales are going well, I'd like to think that although beat in both the league cup semi and Scottish cup final, that some of the lapsed support who attended either both or one of these matches got the buzz again and will sign up for season tickets this season, It may even make up for the "i'm not going back till Levein is gone" Crowd.

Bridge of Djoum

@Enzo Chiefo

How do you think sales are going so far? Let's debate the thread subject, not Craig Levein.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Bad Religion
21 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As I said, all predictions wrong or your money back.

I will happily be wrong if and when we beat my prediction.

Do you need a FF dot count to confirm it?

Its clearly miles wrong, not even close. I don’t know what you were thinking.

Been to a fair few games this season racking up 23 points which is a high for me. so decided to get a season ticket for the first time (finances are slightly better these days) never been so excited for a new season and the buzz from the cup final really made my choice for me! been to cup finals but the 5/10 minutes after hearts scored was the best feeling i have had watching hearts (2012 was amazing but the last 20 minutes just dragged) 

Why, when viewing seats on the eticketing site are you only advised of the Section and Row when you hover on a seat and not the seat number???

Missed the renewal deadline as my head was elsewhere, on a Stag Do, so trying to select specific seats yet can't see the seat numbers - Not ideal.

Edited by Jambo83

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Do you need a FF dot count to confirm it?

Its clearly miles wrong, not even close. I don’t know what you were thinking.

Not really. I'm sure my estimates will be cast up with glee. I'm honestly surprised that there were so many people holding off.

Footballfirst
20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

2018/19 - we sold 10,000 by the end of the renewal period (2 May), then 735 over the first three days of the general sale. It had reached 12,700 by 27 July and 13,000 a week later (3 August), the start of the league season(?)

2017/18 was unusual because of the new stand. The club announced 10,500 at the end of the first renewal period (6 June). There was a second renewal period for those in the old stand who wanted to move elsewhere, which took the renewals to a little over 11,000. Following the start of the general sale (16 June) we hit the 13,000 mark within two weeks (30 June), suggesting that there was a latent demand for seats in the new stand and that a number of fans had held off to see what seats would be available. It took a further four weeks to reach 13,500 (27 July).

2016-17 12,500 sold by the end of the renewal period (6 June), 13,500 was reached in the first week of the general sale (13 June), which also marked the end on phase 1 pricing (subsequently extended). I only recorded little over 200 further sales to the closing date for ST sales (22 July).

The pattern is therefore that we see the quickest sales in the first week after the start of the general sale, but drops to a trickle thereafter, with a little pick up just before the end of the sales period..

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

2018/19 - we sold 10,000 by the end of the renewal period (2 May), then 735 over the first three days of the general sale. It had reached 12,700 by 27 July and 13,000 a week later (3 August), the start of the league season(?)

2017/18 was unusual because of the new stand. The club announced 10,500 at the end of the first renewal period (6 June). There was a second renewal period for those in the old stand who wanted to move elsewhere, which took the renewals to a little over 11,000. Following the start of the general sale (16 June) we hit the 13,000 mark within two weeks (30 June), suggesting that there was a latent demand for seats in the new stand and that a number of fans had held off to see what seats would be available. It took a further four weeks to reach 13,500 (27 July).

2016-17 12,500 sold by the end of the renewal period (6 June), 13,500 was reached in the first week of the general sale (13 June), which also marked the end on phase 1 pricing (subsequently extended). I only recorded little over 200 further sales to the closing date for ST sales (22 July).

The pattern is therefore that we see the quickest sales in the first week after the start of the general sale, but drops to a trickle thereafter, with a little pick up just before the end of the sales period..

Brilliant.

Thanks, FF. Always reliable.

Footballfirst
7 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Hi bud. Was bored so thought I'd do a dot count. You can fill these figures in your spreadsheet if you so wish.

Tickets remaining 6/6 3am:

4553 Available SOLD 11,119

Thanks for doing that. I've added it to my spreadsheet. It provides confirmation that my initial counts had no glaring errors in them, e.g dropping 100 somewhere along the line.

The numbers are in line with the normal sales pattern at the start of the general sale period. I'd expect that the rate will drop off next week. There are plenty good and adjacent seats available in all areas and no 2nd phase pricing, therefore little urgency for anyone who intends buying a ST to do so now.

I think that it will take a few decent signings and a good start to the League cup campaign to provide the impetus to get to last season's numbers

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks for doing that. I've added it to my spreadsheet. It provides confirmation that my initial counts had no glaring errors in them, e.g dropping 100 somewhere along the line.

The numbers are in line with the normal sales pattern at the start of the general sale period. I'd expect that the rate will drop off next week. There are plenty good and adjacent seats available in all areas and no 2nd phase pricing, therefore little urgency for anyone who intends buying a ST to do so now.

I think that it will take a few decent signings and a good start to the League cup campaign to provide the impetus to get to last season's numbers

If you had to guess at this stage do you reckon 12K or closer to 13K given your knowledge on previous seasons?

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

That wasn't what you predicted. 

"I think we will struggle to amass10k by August with probably about 8.5 or 9 after the renewal period"

Then when we went flying past that you made another prediction and claimed to be close.

You can't wait til the final furlong, change horses and claim you were right all along!

Bloody bizarre the pleasure some "fans" take in predicting low sales in the first place. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

Can't wait for the new season to start.  Then we can go back to being bitchy about Craig Levein instead of each other.  ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Bloody bizarre the pleasure some "fans" take in predicting low sales in the first place. 

How is making a low prediction "pleasurable"? Christ, I remember when we were selling 5,000 STs!

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

@Enzo Chiefo

How do you think sales are going so far? Let's debate the thread subject, not Craig Levein.

Need all our supporters behind us , no matter who's at the helm, things might just be beginning to turn around for hearts on and off the pitch, atmosphere at hampden shows the fans are there and willing to get right behind the team ,and season cards have shown this week,that they are,,,,"mon the hearts"

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

I make predictions based on my opinions. Of course initial and final sales were higher than I predicted. At one point I estimated they would be down by 10-15% and they ended up 7 or 8% down. This season? Who knows but I reckon they will be down again.  

You do seem very keen to deploy hindsight to mock posters predictions.  How about those who predicted we would challenge the OF last season then revised it to 3rd, 4th  ahead of Hibs before accepting 6th?  Were they wildly out too?? Did they "move the goalposts" too? How about the poster who rhought Mitchell would be the stand out player in the entire league or that Vanacek would rip up the league ? Thoughts on those forecasts?

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

@Enzo Chiefo

Higher than I thought at this stage tbh. 

Are season tickets available for lower G?

Any idea what the plans are for this area next season? 

Bad Religion
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I make predictions based on my opinions. Of course initial and final sales were higher than I predicted. At one point I estimated they would be down by 10-15% and they ended up 7 or 8% down. This season? Who knows but I reckon they will be down again.  

You do seem very keen to deploy hindsight to mock posters predictions.  How about those who predicted we would challenge the OF last season then revised it to 3rd, 4th  ahead of Hibs before accepting 6th?  Were they wildly out too?? Did they "move the goalposts" too? How about the poster who rhought Mitchell would be the stand out player in the entire league or that Vanacek would rip up the league ? Thoughts on those forecasts?

There is no truth in your first paragraph. You initially stated that the take up for season tickets would be down by thousands, well under 10,000. You then move the goal posts to suit. 

I’m not using hindsight to mock posters either. You have led a sustained negative campaign against CL for years. Constant bull shit proven to be untrue. Turns out you did similar to Vlad. What’s the point? You’ll never be happy. 

Leveinthedream
5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I think there going to use that for the young team, according to their insta

Enzo Chiefo

There is no truth in your first paragraph. You initially stated that the take up for season tickets would be down by thousands, well under 10,000. You then move the goal posts to suit. 

I’m not using hindsight to mock posters either. You have led a sustained negative campaign against CL for years. Constant bull shit proven to be untrue. Turns out you did similar to Vlad. What’s the point? You’ll never be happy. 

I saw the writing on the wall with Vlad, as did many others.

Again you are bringing my views  about CL onto this thread about ST. He divides the support and has a lot to prove. Not much more to say on a thread about STs

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I saw the writing on the wall with Vlad, as did many others.

Again you are bringing my views  about CL onto this thread about ST. He divides the support and has a lot to prove. Not much more to say on a thread about STs

You lie about season ticket sales to drive your anti CL agenda. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You lie about season ticket sales to drive your anti CL agenda. 

You seem obsessed about this "anti CL agenda" and the so-called "lies" that exist only in your mind. Plenty posters "lied" when they said we would finish 2nd then "moved the goalposts" when we couldn't. 3rd, 4th, 6th so it went on. I'm done arguing with you now.

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Mods, can we please start dishing out the thread bans to those who can’t stay on topic. Plenty other threads for repeating the same old arguments about the manager.

This. I’ll start subscribing again if this happens. 

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You seem obsessed about this "anti CL agenda" and the so-called "lies" that exist only in your mind. Plenty posters "lied" when they said we would finish 2nd then "moved the goalposts" when we couldn't. 3rd, 4th, 6th so it went on. I'm done arguing with you now.

Yeah, I’m the one that’s obsessed. Can’t wait for next years thread.

Have a good one. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, gov said:

If you had to guess at this stage do you reckon 12K or closer to 13K given your knowledge on previous seasons?

It's complete guesswork at this stage, but I think we will end up between 12,500 and 13,000 by the opening league game.

PhoenixHearts

I've had to opt for buying my season ticket on 4 month finance this season. Just signed my agreement with Premium Credit today. Has anyone else done this yet, and have you received your card yet/how long did it take? I'd assume there's a bit of a backlog with finance ST as it took quite a while to get a new option set up after Zebra.

Cheers.

Also worth mentioning I left it too late to renew my section S row 4 seat and somebody bought it. Now we're in Q row 6, toward the half. Think that might be pretty much behind the home dugout, but I'm not sure. Can anybody in Q say whether they are good seats?

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's complete guesswork at this stage, but I think we will end up between 12,500 and 13,000 by the opening league game.

I’m hoping for 19,051 ...

Away fans can have a slither of the Roseburn.

hughesie27
48 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

42 minutes ago, Leveinthedream said:

I think there going to use that for the young team, according to their insta

I renewed my ST a mo th ago and was able to move to that area so I hope it's open.

Never knew the  Fist of Gorgie would be in that area. Seems strange to close the section due to misbehaviour then house the likely culprits in that area once it is reopened!

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I renewed my ST a mo th ago and was able to move to that area so I hope it's open.

Never knew the  Fist of Gorgie would be in that area. Seems strange to close the section due to misbehaviour then house the likely culprits in that area once it is reopened!

Trouble makers won't last long next season because CCTV being improved during summer

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Trouble makers won't last long next season because CCTV being improved during summer

That’s good news as it should allow more focus on those that do cause problems.