Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, mainstandjambo said:

Just done another count.

I am not convinced how accurate it is in respect of Main Stand sales as according to my figures for today and yesterday there appear to have been 48 sold in Section T in 24 hours. The following figures come with some sort of caveat.

Seats left - 3,935

Estimated sales - 11,737

Club estimated sales - 11,962.

Total of 37 sold excluding Section T. 

I make it just 18 fewer in Section T than my last count on 16 June at 238 (84 wing section - unchanged, 64 front section - unchanged, and 90 rear section - was 108)

Edited by Footballfirst

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know is the short answer, but if Hearts share of the gate at the final was equivalent to say 40% of the attendance, then you might  be looking at 20,000 x £20 (allowing for VAT and concessions), or £400,000. Add broadcasting rights, and receipts in the run to the final and you could be looking at the bast part of a £1m boost to the club's turnover.

The League cup semi on its own could probably generate something similar to the SC final, given that the two semi's were probably pooled.

Yeah, 108,000 or so at the LC semi’s. even at £15 per ticket that’s a share of about £400k to us plus tv money. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, mainstandjambo said:

Just done another count.

I am not convinced how accurate it is in respect of Main Stand sales as according to my figures for today and yesterday there appear to have been 48 sold in Section T in 24 hours. The following figures come with some sort of caveat.

Seats left - 3,935

Estimated sales - 11,737

Club estimated sales - 11,962.

Total of 37 sold excluding Section T. 

43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I make it just 18 fewer in Section T than my last count on 16 June at 238 (84 wing section - unchanged, 64 front section - unchanged, and 90 rear section - was 108)

I've just completed a full count

Wheatfield - 1,258

Roseburn - 880

Main - 1,249

Gorgie - 579

Total - 3,966

Estimated sales - 11,706

Club sales(?) - 11,931

heartandsoul

I think with a couple of good signings we will be around the same number of season tickets if not more than last season. The Hearts support is very loyal.

gorgie rd eh11
5 hours ago, Prof said:

Therein lies the pathetic nature of JKB posters. If someone disagrees with you they should stop watching Hearts.

Aye supporters supporting, it'll never catch on. :teehee:

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've just completed a full count

Wheatfield - 1,258

Roseburn - 880

Main - 1,249

Gorgie - 579

Total - 3,966

Estimated sales - 11,706

Club sales(?) - 11,931

Good effort 

And

Great stuff. 

My 12k thread will be getting a bump soon so all those who had doubt can bask in my glorious jkb sun type rays. 

Think the "sales will be under 12k" thread might resurface as well, Ken for the shitz n giggles like. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Good effort 

And

Great stuff. 

My 12k thread will be getting a bump soon so all those who had doubt can bask in my glorious jkb sun type rays. 

Think the "sales will be under 12k" thread might resurface as well, Ken for the shitz n giggles like. 

You aiming to get to 30k posts before we get to 12k sales? That would be some post no.30,000 if you bump your own thread!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You aiming to get to 30k posts before we get to 12k sales? That would be some post no.30,000 if you bump your own thread!

Now I am. 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 17/06/2019 at 06:16, The Mercer Takeover said:

Can't believe the utter denial some on here are showing on the drop of season ticket sales.

The Levein effect is in full swing and many are clearly not renewing, as was suggested by lots. This isn't a hate thing against a former footballing legend, it is all about results, style, incompetence, overstaying a welcome and the future of Hearts..

A number here also seem quite dismissive of the drop, as if it was a foregone conclusion. It wasn't:

The Scotland support were transformed with optimism and united again recently when the new manager came in. We subsequently saw a really good home attendance and then travelling support for the last two games. A new honeymoon period exists.

Kilmarnock have made a statement of intent with their new manger and kept their momentum going with their own support. He wouldn't even be good enough for some on here.....

As for all this crap about the same supporters turning up anyway on a weekly basis and the club not losing out. Some really need to think about this further. On the off chance we are top of the league every week, this may happen up to a point, however a dose of reality is needed. We won't be top of the league for any length of time. Also, in the winter months, when it is utterly baltic, wet and miserable on Tuesday night, people simply don't turn up. Even season tickets holders don't turn up as we saw may season. Not many are going to pay £30 for the privilege. Season tickets balance out the good runs and the bad runs, that's why they are so important.

Football is a habit and sadly our travelling support collapsed at the end of last season. Lowest in my lifetime and I am in my 50's. It was once again utterly unbearable under Levein. Why does this matter with season tickets. It only takes one or two in a group to say enough is enough and then the rot sets in. Things like golf start to become more important than they should be.
Walking up to home games is easy now, as there are always plenty of seats available. This differs from the past significantly,since there is no longer the threat of "not getting a ticket" to help focus the mind. 

I still haven't renewed and I have had a ST for over 30 years. Hearts are a way of life for me but this isn't working under Levein. I'm fed up leaving the stadium annoyed and having to listen to our own support booing the team of the park every week. Assuming they have not already left at half time. In my own group, two are not renewing due to Levein. Us travelling to watch Hearts is almost certain not to happen now either.

Keeping Levein in place has consequences and a drop in attendances, is once again one of them.

"The Levein Effect"? Is that when a guy returns to the club at the lowest point in our history and within 2 years has contributed to us being back in Europe?

You've had a ST for 30 years and now aren't renewing now. That means you happily renewed after Tommy McLean, latter Joe Jordan, Csaba Laslo's dire anti-football, The Korobocha/Frail season, John McGlynn.... you watched us get pumped out the cup and finish 5th or worse numerous times and renewed, and go years without a sniff of a trophy. You were fine with Romanov and Robinson both ripping the heart out of the club (or try to) in different ways. And now you choose not to renew. Where do you think the club would be if everyone followed your lead?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

"The Levein Effect"? Is that when a guy returns to the club at the lowest point in our history and within 2 years has contributed to us being back in Europe?

You've had a ST for 30 years and now aren't renewing now. That means you happily renewed after Tommy McLean, latter Joe Jordan, Csaba Laslo's dire anti-football, The Korobocha/Frail season, John McGlynn.... you watched us get pumped out the cup and finish 5th or worse numerous times and renewed, and go years without a sniff of a trophy. You were fine with Romanov and Robinson both ripping the heart out of the club (or try to) in different ways. And now you choose not to renew. Where do you think the club would be if everyone followed your lead?

Post of the day.

sidjamesbottle
12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know is the short answer, but if Hearts share of the gate at the final was equivalent to say 40% of the attendance, then you might  be looking at 20,000 x £20 (allowing for VAT and concessions), or £400,000. Add broadcasting rights, and receipts in the run to the final and you could be looking at the bast part of a £1m boost to the club's turnover.

The League cup semi on its own could probably generate something similar to the SC final, given that the two semi's were probably pooled.

The SFA take the first 43% of all income from the final 

1 hour ago, Boab Mugabe said:

Has anyone who’s taken a ST on finance had their eTickets account updated with their ST yet?

Nope, last contact I had from the club was to confirm my seat had been reserved on the 27th of May, last thing from the finance company was to digitally sign the finance agreement on the 6th of June. 

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

I haven't a clue where you got that figure from unless the SFA charges an additional fee for the use of Hampden beyond the normal 20%

This is from the SFA's handbook

33.7 In respect of the Semi-Final Matches:

33.7.1 the receipts from the Semi-Final Matches shall be pooled and shall be deemed to include monies received from all admission charges to the Matches, radio and television fees, and any sums in respect of advertising within the stadium specifically for the occasion;

33.7.2 the Scottish FA shall retain 10% of the balance, after payment of the expenses of the two Matches and the Clubs’ guarantees; and

33.7.3 the remainder, after payment of the rental for the use of a ground or grounds, the scale of which shall be determined by the Board, shall be divided, equally, among the four competing Clubs.

33.8 In respect of the Final Match:

33.8.1 the receipts from the Final Match shall be calculated in the manner defined in Competition Rule 33.7 foresaid mutatis mutandis; and

33.8.2 the Scottish FA shall retain 10% of the balance, after payment of the expenses of the Match and the Clubs’ guarantees. The remainder, after payment of the rental for the use of the ground, the scale of which shall be determined by the Board, shall be divided, equally, between the competing Clubs

The maximum home club expenses fee, or rental fee paid for a neutral ground, is normally 20% (that's what's used in earlier rounds)

Edited by Footballfirst

Baird, King and Michael
1 hour ago, Boab Mugabe said:

Has anyone who’s taken a ST on finance had their eTickets account updated with their ST yet?

I applied for the finance deal last week and received a confirmation message stating, "We will process and review your information and contact you if there are any issues" but haven't heard anything since.

Anybody else waiting to hear or did they get in touch with you quite quickly?

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I am quite firmly in the Levein out camp but do not think it is anywhere near bad enough not to renew, just feel we can be doing even better than we are but hope he proves me wrong this season. However, this is a superb post, rightfully calling out people who aren’t renewing because of Levein. 

Edited by karipidis

28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The maximum home club expenses fee, or rental fee paid for a neutral ground, is normally 20% (that's what's used in earlier rounds)

Was that the norm before the SFA owned/are buying Hampden? Can see them upping the fee's for hampden considerably over the next few years while they try and scrape together enough money for a crappy facelift of the stadium

55 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Nope, last contact I had from the club was to confirm my seat had been reserved on the 27th of May, last thing from the finance company was to digitally sign the finance agreement on the 6th of June. 

Pretty much the same for me. Emailed the club couple of times to chase but was told they are still waiting for paperwork to be sent from the finance company. This was meant to be happening at the beginning of this week

sidjamesbottle
52 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I haven't a clue where you got that figure from unless the SFA charges an additional fee for the use of Hampden beyond the normal 20%

This is from the SFA's handbook

33.7 In respect of the Semi-Final Matches:

33.7.1 the receipts from the Semi-Final Matches shall be pooled and shall be deemed to include monies received from all admission charges to the Matches, radio and television fees, and any sums in respect of advertising within the stadium specifically for the occasion;

33.7.2 the Scottish FA shall retain 10% of the balance, after payment of the expenses of the two Matches and the Clubs’ guarantees; and

33.7.3 the remainder, after payment of the rental for the use of a ground or grounds, the scale of which shall be determined by the Board, shall be divided, equally, among the four competing Clubs.

33.8 In respect of the Final Match:

33.8.1 the receipts from the Final Match shall be calculated in the manner defined in Competition Rule 33.7 foresaid mutatis mutandis; and

33.8.2 the Scottish FA shall retain 10% of the balance, after payment of the expenses of the Match and the Clubs’ guarantees. The remainder, after payment of the rental for the use of the ground, the scale of which shall be determined by the Board, shall be divided, equally, between the competing Clubs

It was an interview with the St Johnstones chairman after they played Aberdeen in the final he was asked if the club would use the money made to invest in the team, it was then he explained teams don't make anywhere near what people think the 43% figure stuck in my head as it surprised me.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Prof said:

Ever thought of going out!

If you're going to do something, do it properly. 

?

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If you're going to do something, do it properly. 

?

You're going out-out?

The Mercer Takeover
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

How very selective of you.

I will 100% acknowledge this and you are bang on the money.

How about some reality here though. We are not in Europe now and we weren't in Europe last season either. Unless my memory is failing me, we actually just finished 6th. Those of us who actually went to the games, will remember the incessant booing, people streaming out of the stadium with 10 or 20 minutes to go, even leaving at half-time. Away games were even worse for those who actually bothered attending and I can assure you there were not too many left at the end of the season after Levein effectively destroyed our REGULAR travelling support. Less than 100 turned up at Celtic Park. The travelling support to Aberdeen the week before was the lowest there in my lifetime. I'm really surprised this collapse in travelling support hasn't become a bigger issue with our fans, but I suspect it just shows how out of touch many on JKB actually are from what is actually going on at games.

Levein is a paid employee of Hearts and he is handsomely rewarded for it he is not irreplaceable. Experienced managers are 10 a penny, some have even won things.

I'm still hoping Levein, the former footballing legend but now serial loser and managerial charlatan, will either step down or be removed before the season starts, but this is now looking very unlikely. Three is a definite dead man walking feeing about him though now. Once you lose the support you don't ever get them back and the next time we lose two or three games in a row, the clamour to remove this man from Tynecastle will be a sight to see.  

As for renewing a ST after some shocking managers in the past, it wasn't that hard at all. Tommy McLean 's record was very similar to Levein's last season and he also played some of the most negative football I can ever remember. There was a fundamental difference though, he was removed from the club for incompetence before the next season started to encourage people to renew. Accountability like this is something that seems to be sadly lacking these days.

Hackney Hearts
5 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Well at least we can trust them to spend it wisely.

On 18/06/2019 at 09:50, Prof said:

Great post but unfortunately the CL happy clappers will rubbish anybody that dares to criticise him. Apparently progress now is getting horsed in the LC semi,  losing the SC final and watching Hibs overtake you in the league.

To be fair both games very debatable penalty given by the same Glasgow (selleck) referee. The treble treble will be always tainted for me. Edourde took a dive, he cheated and you can blame Bobby but for me cheating is cheating worse though not called out for it by BBC SFA etc

Sure I remember a similar one wi Motherwell in their final 2017? penalty and sending by another Glasgow referee - just to make sure !

Yes We were poor a lot of last season but I hope the addition of a few of the younger lads who all look to get the ball down and play will change things for the better.

Come on the Hertz

7 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

How about some reality here though. We are not in Europe now and we weren't in Europe last season either. Unless my memory is failing me, we actually just finished 6th. Those of us who actually went to the games, will remember the incessant booing, people streaming out of the stadium with 10 or 20 minutes to go, even leaving at half-time. Away games were even worse for those who actually bothered attending and I can assure you there were not too many left at the end of the season after Levein effectively destroyed our REGULAR travelling support. Less than 100 turned up at Celtic Park. The travelling support to Aberdeen the week before was the lowest there in my lifetime. I'm really surprised this collapse in travelling support hasn't become a bigger issue with our fans, but I suspect it just shows how out of touch many on JKB actually are from what is actually going on at games.

Levein is a paid employee of Hearts and he is handsomely rewarded for it he is not irreplaceable. Experienced managers are 10 a penny, some have even won things.

I'm still hoping Levein, the former footballing legend but now serial loser and managerial charlatan, will either step down or be removed before the season starts, but this is now looking very unlikely. Three is a definite dead man walking feeing about him though now. Once you lose the support you don't ever get them back and the next time we lose two or three games in a row, the clamour to remove this man from Tynecastle will be a sight to see.  

As for renewing a ST after some shocking managers in the past, it wasn't that hard at all. Tommy McLean 's record was very similar to Levein's last season and he also played some of the most negative football I can ever remember. There was a fundamental difference though, he was removed from the club for incompetence before the next season started to encourage people to renew. Accountability like this is something that seems to be sadly lacking these days.

Playing fringe players at Parkhead and Pittodrie when saving ourselves for a tilt at the cup.

I'm surprised that many attended but it shows how obsessed you are with our Manager when you dismiss those facts in your wee hissy.

As for Tynecastle being a sight to see if we lose two or three games in row :rofl:

Johnny Sandiego
23 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

The reality is you're on a Hearts fans forum trying to stir up unrest and slate fans for backing the team. 

The reality is season ticket sales are going very well considering the league performance last season. 

The reality is if we are playing Aberdeen at Pitodrie on a Friday night, while on TV, 2 games before a cup final, the crowd will be lower than what you get on a Saturday afternoon. Same goes for Parkhead last game of the season

I don't think you understand what reality really is. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Spencer used to do that. Good job he's gone, eh.

He was a proper twat.

Remember that time he made up a story about Levein and Budge and then denied it, crawled back under his rock and then popped back up with a new account. Some boy eh!!! 

sidjamesbottle
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Was that the norm before the SFA owned/are buying Hampden? Can see them upping the fee's for hampden considerably over the next few years while they try and scrape together enough money for a crappy facelift of the stadium

Good point that's a nap to happen

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Glad that doesn't happen anymore. 

Me too!!!! Talk Hearts must be really quiet these days as well!!!

Edited by Notts1874

8 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Just so we are clear, is this a post attacking a former legend, or is it not? I can't usually tell the difference between the two when you post them, so it's worth me checking first.

Tommy McLean only got us to the semi of the Scottish Cup, and the third round of the League Cup. He finished sixth in the league with a squad of:

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/heart-of-midlothian/1995/2/

(Robbo, Allan Johnstone, Frail, Maurice Johnstone, amongst other) a team that would likely murder us nowadays, if they were at the athletic level of our current side.

I wouldn't say the two seasons were very comparable to be honest.

41 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

This is what insanity looks like written down. 

12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Remember that time he made up a story about Levein and Budge and then denied it, crawled back under his rock and then popped back up with a new account. Some boy eh!!! 

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Glad that doesn't happen anymore. 

It would require a much terser makeover to successfully pull that one off, I think.

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

It would require a much terser makeover to successfully pull that one off, I think.

Very good. :wink:

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Worse post on here for a while. 

Better suited to party planners. Net. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

“Three is a definite dead man walking feeing about him though now.”

Written despite knowing he had a heart attack last season but still worked his arse off for the club. Classy. Even the worst Hibs fans wouldn’t come out with that.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you’re too stupid to realise why that was out of order, if you mean levein’s coat is on a shoogly peg, this is his last season as a manager either way.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

“Three is a definite dead man walking feeing about him though now.”

Written despite knowing he had a heart attack last season but still worked his arse off for the club. Classy. Even the worst Hibs fans wouldn’t come out with that.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you’re too stupid to realise why that was out of order, if you mean levein’s coat is on a shoogly peg, this is his last season as a manager either way.

Get a grip of yourself !! Jesus Christ. How to take a well known saying out of context.  You know exactly what he means. Who are you ? The vocabulary police ? How about you debate his excellent post instead of being offended for no reason ? 

The Mercer Takeover
2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Playing fringe players at Parkhead and Pittodrie when saving ourselves for a tilt at the cup.

I'm surprised that many attended but it shows how obsessed you are with our Manager when you dismiss those facts in your wee hissy.

As for Tynecastle being a sight to see if we lose two or three games in row :rofl:

You clearly don't make the commitment to follow your team away from home or you wouldn't be so dismissive those who spend their hard earned time and cash doing so.

In actual fact, the core travelling support is pretty constant but I would suggest that it is only just around 500-600 now. This will go up and down throughout the season, depending on how we are playing but you will seldom ever get more than 2000 travelling now, even when we are playing well. When you go regularly, you often see the same faces in the same pubs, in the same grounds, even the same hotels sometimes for some of the highland games. It was this core travelling support that collapsed at the end of the season, not those who can occasionally make it.  

You suggest that the reason our travelling support dropped to record lows under Levein was because we were playing fringe players and saving ourselves for the cup. For your information, you don’t know the team until an hour before kick-off so you don’t actually know a reserve team is going to be playing. Also, every single Hearts manager I can remember plays kids and fringe players in the last few away games of the season, unless there is something to play for. The actual travelling support has never dropped to sub 100 levels like it did last season under Levein’s stewardship. As a direct comparison, before the cup final in 2012 Sergio dropped most of his first team for the last 3 games. I’m pretty sure the last game of the season was also away to Celtic and we were pumped, but we still had significantly more. As odd as it sounds, you often get a surge in the last few away games of the season, even with nothing to play for, perhaps because the weather is often better and there is more of a care free attitude with the season ending.  

I promise you, following Hearts around the country under Levein isn’t fun. It wasn’t fun last time he was in charge, but last year was something else. This needs addressed.  

I’m not trying to upset anyone by posting, but there is a bigger picture here that is being ignored by some with the Levein blinkers on. The football and results under Levein is absolutely rotten and away from home, it is actually worse and painful.  Allowing Budge to keep Levein in place by not making more of a fuss, is a mistake.

Heartsofgold
3 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

What utter horseshit!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

You clearly don't make the commitment to follow your team away from home or you wouldn't be so dismissive those who spend their hard earned time and cash doing so.

In actual fact, the core travelling support is pretty constant but I would suggest that it is only just around 500-600 now. This will go up and down throughout the season, depending on how we are playing but you will seldom ever get more than 2000 travelling now, even when we are playing well. When you go regularly, you often see the same faces in the same pubs, in the same grounds, even the same hotels sometimes for some of the highland games. It was this core travelling support that collapsed at the end of the season, not those who can occasionally make it.  

You suggest that the reason our travelling support dropped to record lows under Levein was because we were playing fringe players and saving ourselves for the cup. For your information, you don’t know the team until an hour before kick-off so you don’t actually know a reserve team is going to be playing. Also, every single Hearts manager I can remember plays kids and fringe players in the last few away games of the season, unless there is something to play for. The actual travelling support has never dropped to sub 100 levels like it did last season under Levein’s stewardship. As a direct comparison, before the cup final in 2012 Sergio dropped most of his first team for the last 3 games. I’m pretty sure the last game of the season was also away to Celtic and we were pumped, but we still had significantly more. As odd as it sounds, you often get a surge in the last few away games of the season, even with nothing to play for, perhaps because the weather is often better and there is more of a care free attitude with the season ending.  

I promise you, following Hearts around the country under Levein isn’t fun. It wasn’t fun last time he was in charge, but last year was something else. This needs addressed.  

I’m not trying to upset anyone by posting, but there is a bigger picture here that is being ignored by some with the Levein blinkers on. The football and results under Levein is absolutely rotten and away from home, it is actually worse and painful.  Allowing Budge to keep Levein in place by not making more of a fuss, is a mistake.

I had a pretty good idea the final games were knocking in time to be honest. 

Watched football for long enough. 

Its a choice seems most folk made a smart one avoiding these games. 

There will be plenty support at the start of the season again. 

I don't believe anyone is ignoring the issues but we all have a free mind to choose between going or not.

Levein Budgie or yourself won't be deciding for me personally 

Hackney Hearts
10 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

What utter horseshit!!!

Exactly - I remember us losing our support to the extent that we were getting 3,000 for league games. 5 years later, we were averaging over 16,000.

Heartsofgold
Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Exactly - I remember us losing our support to the extent that we were getting 3,000 for league games. 5 years later, we were averaging over 16,000.

Exactly my thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I think he meant you lose the backing of the support. Not numbers forever. 

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I think he meant you lose the backing of the support. Not numbers forever. 

Ah - as in 'losing' the dressing room. I'm not sure that's true either. If Levein wins us the League Cup and has us in the top two around Christmas, I think all but the most pathological of Levein haters would come back on board (even if it's only until the next setback).

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Ah - as in 'losing' the dressing room. I'm not sure that's true either. If Levein wins us the League Cup and has us in the top two around Christmas, I think all but the most pathological of Levein haters would come back on board (even if it's only until the next setback).

Don't even think it would take as much as that. A start to the season like last season would do it imo.

2 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Last time he was here we had some great away days eg Bordeaux and Braga. Were you there?