Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

Thanks FF.  Considering everything, that's very good indeed.  Cant believe I'm the only supporter who got a real lift from the Cup Final performance.  

A couple of encouraging signings will take us close to the 13 500 mark by the end of August imo.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Those are the only official club figures. The comparison is with dot counts carried out last year.

The club stated 13k on 3rd August last year. 

Based on club figures we have just over 1200 to sell before August to match last year. 

Very doable imo.

5 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Can't believe the utter denial some on here are showing on the drop of season ticket sales.

The Levein effect is in full swing and many are clearly not renewing, as was suggested by lots. This isn't a hate thing against a former footballing legend, it is all about results, style, incompetence, overstaying a welcome and the future of Hearts..

A number here also seem quite dismissive of the drop, as if it was a foregone conclusion. It wasn't:

The Scotland support were transformed with optimism and united again recently when the new manager came in. We subsequently saw a really good home attendance and then travelling support for the last two games. A new honeymoon period exists.

Kilmarnock have made a statement of intent with their new manger and kept their momentum going with their own support. He wouldn't even be good enough for some on here.....

As for all this crap about the same supporters turning up anyway on a weekly basis and the club not losing out. Some really need to think about this further. On the off chance we are top of the league every week, this may happen up to a point, however a dose of reality is needed. We won't be top of the league for any length of time. Also, in the winter months, when it is utterly baltic, wet and miserable on Tuesday night, people simply don't turn up. Even season tickets holders don't turn up as we saw may season. Not many are going to pay £30 for the privilege. Season tickets balance out the good runs and the bad runs, that's why they are so important.

Football is a habit and sadly our travelling support collapsed at the end of last season. Lowest in my lifetime and I am in my 50's. It was once again utterly unbearable under Levein. Why does this matter with season tickets. It only takes one or two in a group to say enough is enough and then the rot sets in. Things like golf start to become more important than they should be.
Walking up to home games is easy now, as there are always plenty of seats available. This differs from the past significantly,since there is no longer the threat of "not getting a ticket" to help focus the mind. 

I still haven't renewed and I have had a ST for over 30 years. Hearts are a way of life for me but this isn't working under Levein. I'm fed up leaving the stadium annoyed and having to listen to our own support booing the team of the park every week. Assuming they have not already left at half time. In my own group, two are not renewing due to Levein. Us travelling to watch Hearts is almost certain not to happen now either.

Keeping Levein in place has consequences and a drop in attendances, is once again one of them.

Excellent post. As someone like yourself, I go to all games. Home and away. The away support towards the second half of the season was woeful yet understandable. Hamilton away was another new low while watching Leveins Hearts. Unfortunately he still has his fanboys on here who can’t see past the fact he was a decent centre half.  

5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's your right to not renew but nearly 12.000 of us have already and will always renew because we support hearts and not one individual 

You clearly havent read his post properly by your reply....says everything if you cant grasp that....

Alex Kintner

Calls Levein a serial loser and managerial charlatan. Refuses to renew ST and considers cancelling his FOH direct debit as a result. 

Yet claims he’s not fueled by hatred. 

:levein_interesting:

Edited by To Be Frank

6 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Can't believe the utter denial some on here are showing on the drop of season ticket sales.

The Levein effect is in full swing and many are clearly not renewing, as was suggested by lots. This isn't a hate thing against a former footballing legend, it is all about results, style, incompetence, overstaying a welcome and the future of Hearts..

A number here also seem quite dismissive of the drop, as if it was a foregone conclusion. It wasn't:

The Scotland support were transformed with optimism and united again recently when the new manager came in. We subsequently saw a really good home attendance and then travelling support for the last two games. A new honeymoon period exists.

Kilmarnock have made a statement of intent with their new manger and kept their momentum going with their own support. He wouldn't even be good enough for some on here.....

As for all this crap about the same supporters turning up anyway on a weekly basis and the club not losing out. Some really need to think about this further. On the off chance we are top of the league every week, this may happen up to a point, however a dose of reality is needed. We won't be top of the league for any length of time. Also, in the winter months, when it is utterly baltic, wet and miserable on Tuesday night, people simply don't turn up. Even season tickets holders don't turn up as we saw may season. Not many are going to pay £30 for the privilege. Season tickets balance out the good runs and the bad runs, that's why they are so important.

Football is a habit and sadly our travelling support collapsed at the end of last season. Lowest in my lifetime and I am in my 50's. It was once again utterly unbearable under Levein. Why does this matter with season tickets. It only takes one or two in a group to say enough is enough and then the rot sets in. Things like golf start to become more important than they should be.
Walking up to home games is easy now, as there are always plenty of seats available. This differs from the past significantly,since there is no longer the threat of "not getting a ticket" to help focus the mind. 

I still haven't renewed and I have had a ST for over 30 years. Hearts are a way of life for me but this isn't working under Levein. I'm fed up leaving the stadium annoyed and having to listen to our own support booing the team of the park every week. Assuming they have not already left at half time. In my own group, two are not renewing due to Levein. Us travelling to watch Hearts is almost certain not to happen now either.

Keeping Levein in place has consequences and a drop in attendances, is once again one of them.

So much in a single post that is utter bollocks but by far and away the biggest pile of shit is this bit "Hearts are a way of life for me"

You are kidding yourself on mate. If it was a way of life you would have renewed no matter who the manager was or how we were playing.

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Like I said, denial of facts.....

Levein was my favourite player during his playing days.

This is how you speak of your favorite player...

''serial loser and managerial charlatan Levein''

:bolt: 

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Hercules said:

Excellent post. As someone like yourself, I go to all games. Home and away. The away support towards the second half of the season was woeful yet understandable. Hamilton away was another new low while watching Leveins Hearts. Unfortunately he still has his fanboys on here who can’t see past the fact he was a decent centre half.  

If you think Craig Levein was only a "decent" centre half then you don't know much. :thumbs_up:

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

If you think Craig Levein was only a "decent" centre half then you don't know much. :thumbs_up:

Correct.  A bit like saying Muhammed Ali could handle himself. 

9 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

This posting style is familiar. 

What was that guys name the one with the South American PHM name ?

It'll come to me ?

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This posting style is familiar. 

What was that guys name the one with the South American PHM name ?

It'll come to me ?

Pablo is having a long hard think about this...

Image result for escobar thinking

Picked up my season ticket last week and it shows seat 5 in the section I'm in. Tried to buy ticket for United game in the same seat and its showing seat 12. Confused I emailed ticket office to be told that they have changed seat numbers and that 12 is my seat number. She said that new season tickets will be issued before season starts!? 

So seat 1 will now be classed as 8!? Anyone else heard of this happening?

FarmerTweedy
On 16/06/2019 at 17:54, mitch41 said:

Another prediction from someone who knows it all. A new season is weeks away and you are 

having a wee did at me. Try looking forward as i’m doing and get behind our team, management,

owner and our fabulous fans. My season ticket has been purchased, my mates are ready for the kick-off to support their team the famous Heart of Midlothian.

You ok mitch? You don't seem like yourself.  Need a snickers? 

2 hours ago, gov said:

Picked up my season ticket last week and it shows seat 5 in the section I'm in. Tried to buy ticket for United game in the same seat and its showing seat 12. Confused I emailed ticket office to be told that they have changed seat numbers and that 12 is my seat number. She said that new season tickets will be issued before season starts!? 

So seat 1 will now be classed as 8!? Anyone else heard of this happening?

Yes, been explained on this thread. As they say, same seat different number.

19 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Great post but unfortunately the CL happy clappers will rubbish anybody that dares to criticise him. Apparently progress now is getting horsed in the LC semi,  losing the SC final and watching Hibs overtake you in the league.

22 minutes ago, Prof said:

Great post but unfortunately the CL happy clappers will rubbish anybody that dares to criticise him. Apparently progress now is getting horsed in the LC semi,  losing the SC final and watching Hibs overtake you in the league.

Getting beat in the semi final of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup by the team that has won the last 9 trophies up for grabs, gaining more points than last season.

Them's the facts mate, what is the term for the opposite of happy clapper? 

Following Hearts must be a miserable experience for some folk.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

opposite of happy clapper? 

‘Doom monger’ is quite good. Although ‘pishy-breeked moon howler’ has a bit of potential too, imo.

27 minutes ago, Prof said:

Strange term "CL happy clappers". Can only think the 'Levein out' people are frustrated there isn't a bigger revolt to force the issue. 

But anyway, as a close watcher of sales over the years and thanks to FF etc we are 300-600 down heading for just under 13,500 sales. 

10 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Pablo is having a long hard think about this...

Image result for escobar thinking

The poster that said he had put more money into the club than Ann Budge?

That one:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Prof said:

Still struggling with the term progress. 

Are You saying lc semi v lc group stage is worse and the sc final v sc qf is worse? 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Still struggling with the term progress. 

Are You saying lc semi v lc group stage is worse and the sc final v sc qf is worse? 

Don't forget, we got more points last season than in 2017-2018. Another backwards step... At this rate we'll only be winning one cup out of three next year.

Boooo!!1111

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Don't forget, we got more points last season than in 2017-2018. Another backwards step... At this rate we'll only be winning one cup out of three next year.

Boooo!!1111

Yeah, Tbf for balance as I was happy to say draw on that one. But, yes, we did get more points. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

The poster that said he had put more money into the club than Ann Budge?

That one:rofl:

Yip. 

He was persistent with that claim as well. 

???

51 minutes ago, graygo said:

Getting beat in the semi final of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup by the team that has won the last 9 trophies up for grabs, gaining more points than last season.

Them's the facts mate, what is the term for the opposite of happy clapper? 

Following Hearts must be a miserable experience for some folk.

Agree! 

There seems to be some Hearts fans that just love to be miserable ..... they take pleasure from every negative they can find and if there are no negatives they make some up, There must be a way to cure these prophets of doom and turn them into happy positive maroon people they could start by reading(and re-reading) the first paragraph of your post.

Then they should think about what their lives would be like if Hearts no longer existed vs now! If they prefer the former then I’d suggest that Hearts are not the team for them!

Independence
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Agree! 

There seems to be some Hearts fans that just love to be miserable ..... they take pleasure from every negative they can find and if there are no negatives they make some up, There must be a way to cure these prophets of doom and turn them into happy positive maroon people they could start by reading(and re-reading) the first paragraph of your post.

Then they should think about what their lives would be like if Hearts no longer existed vs now! If they prefer the former then I’d suggest that Hearts are not the team for them!

Yes but are they Hearts fans? Social media has many advantages but many disadvantages. There ae many 'ejects' on KB who appear to wind us up and/or bring down our club. They can be spotted a mile away!

Bazzas right boot

What happened to the term "extreme happy clapper"? 

That was used on here. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

‘Doom monger’ is quite good. Although ‘pishy-breeked moon howler’ has a bit of potential too, imo.

I reckon we need to keep "pant wetter" and " moon howler"  type tags separate, gives the happy clappers more flexibility. 

For example

Slaverin moon howler 

Pant wetting, greeting faced bubbler. 

Greeting faced moon howler 

If you put the terms together it's limiting, not for me. 

I liked the groovy gang and happy clappers. 

Quite up lifting and light hearted 

pettigrewsstylist

Plenty positives last season.

We put some cash into till by managing a cup run so thats a bonus and the new stand continues to grow and impress.

The product on pitch which underpins it all tho, was, IMO,  turgid, boring and downright purgatory for most of it, post Murrayfield.

If i was pushed on the reasons i would say the mix/blend of the following was out of kilter;

Too many journeymen trying to remain grey men and look safe.

Too many without the mental robustness to cope with the "demands" of Tynecastle crowd

Too many formational changes with relativley new team mates.

All clubs get injuries. Our squad did not have the versatility to deal with it. 

Our decisions last August did not look, to me,  like those of  a club that aspired to 4th place, based on 2017-18 final league table and the obvious challenges to get there.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We put some cash into till by managing a cup run so thats a bonus and the new stand continues to grow and impress.

The product on pitch which underpins it all tho, was, IMO,  turgid, boring and downright purgatory for most of it, post Murrayfield.

If i was pushed on the reasons i would say the mix/blend of the following was out of kilter;

Too many without the mental robustness to cope with the "demands" of Tynecastle crowd

Our decisions last August did not look, to me,  like those of  a club that aspired to 4th place, based on 2017-18 final league table and the obvious challenges to get there.

I agree with all of that except perhaps your last sentence (I think) . My feeling was we expected to challenge for 2nd and get at least third, though of course we didn't raise false expectations. Had Hanacek come in in August and had he actually been as good as we clearly thought he was, then it might have been a realistic expectation. The injuries put paid to our chances, plus the other factors you mention. I too (a happy clapper) was bored and rarely clapped. that semi final injury to Naismith really knocked the stuffing out of the team and the fans.

13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

That may assist in addressing the deficit of finishing 6th instead of 4th as in the budget.

iwasthere1954
19 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Get what your saying but don’t think it always works that way. We won the cup in 98, first game of next season was Rangers at home and we didn’t sell out the home seats. 

Yes but from memory the game was played at 6.30pm on a Sunday.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, jambali said:

That may assist in addressing the deficit of finishing 6th instead of 4th as in the budget.

Likley more. 

Cup finals are quite a bit more I think once the whole run and TV money is in. 

Think it's only around £500k difference from 6th to 3rd. Sc final I think is a good bit more than that. 

The Scottish league prize  money is pathetic. Not sure but I Think it's a decent jump when sky get the new contract, still pittance tho. 

Ofc, no chance of a euro run or a big draw to help boost the funds. 

Aberdeen Likley got a bit of cash for the two bt games v Burnley last season. 

Xxx3rd to 6th is exactly £500k difference. Xx

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

25 minutes ago, jambali said:

The difference between 4th and 6th is £250K

We'd have made the best part of a million quid from the League Cup semi and Scottish Cup final.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Therein lies the pathetic nature of JKB posters. If someone disagrees with you they should stop watching Hearts.

5 hours ago, Prof said:

Anyone who disagrees is a happy clapper?

19 minutes ago, Prof said:

Therein lies the pathetic nature of JKB posters. If someone disagrees with you they should stop watching Hearts.

Whereas if someone disagrees with those who only post negative vitriol, they are to be dismissed and called happy clappers?

It would appear the pathetic nature of of JKB posters is more multi-faceted than you first thought.

1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Yes but from memory the game was played at 6.30pm on a Sunday.

Regardless you would expect it to sell out. 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Likley more. 

Cup finals are quite a bit more I think once the whole run and TV money is in. 

The main source of revenue from the Scottish Cup is not prize money (other than for those in the early rounds). You will earn much more from match day receipts and broadcasting income.

Here is the Scottish Cup prize money for 2017/18

For playing in:
Prelim R1: £3000
Prelim R2: £3000
R1: £4000
R2: £5000
R3: £6000
R4: £9000
R5: £12000
R6: £15000
SF: £18000
Runner Up: £30000
Winner: £60000

If the prize money was the same last season then Hearts would have received £84,000 in prize money (£30k + £18k + £15k + £12k + £9k) for their run to the final.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The main source of revenue from the Scottish Cup is not prize money (other than for those in the early rounds). You will earn much more from match day receipts and broadcasting income.

For playing in:

If the prize money was the same last season then Hearts would have received £84,000 in prize money (£30k + £18k + £15k + £12k + £9k) for their run to the final.

Cheers, that's what I meant sf and final gate receipts and TV money is large ( relatively). 

I know the prize money is poor. 

Even in the past, the games with hibs have been worth close to £200k if reported figures were true. 

That's a whole league placing prize  money, in fact it is more. 

Ofc,it would be good to combine the league and Cup runs. 

1 hour ago, Prof said:

... you have your opinion, it’s yours & you are entitled to it, no dispute ... the concern is how people of your ilk turn positives into negatives. Perhaps it’s an unintentional way you express yourself but it comes over as if you enjoy any Hearts failure and that you love to wallow in misery .... very negative and depressing!

5 years ago Hearts could have ceased to exist, look at them now ..... they’re doing great!

Please be happy, rejoice and try to be positive, celebrate all that is great about the famous Heart of Midlothian ...THEN NOW & FOREVER!

15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Even in the past, the games with hibs have been worth close to £200k if reported figures were true. 

Decent money spinner that. ?

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

For playing in:

Any estimate ofthe total earned from our cup run?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Any estimate ofthe total earned from our cup run?

I don't know is the short answer, but if Hearts share of the gate at the final was equivalent to say 40% of the attendance, then you might  be looking at 20,000 x £20 (allowing for VAT and concessions), or £400,000. Add broadcasting rights, and receipts in the run to the final and you could be looking at the bast part of a £1m boost to the club's turnover.

The League cup semi on its own could probably generate something similar to the SC final, given that the two semi's were probably pooled.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know is the short answer, but if Hearts share of the gate at the final was equivalent to say 40% of the attendance, then you might  be looking at 20,000 x £20 (allowing for VAT and concessions), or £400,000. Add broadcasting rights, and receipts in the run to the final and you could be looking at the bast part of a £1m boost to the club's turnover.

The League cup semi on its own could probably generate something similar to the SC final, given that the two semi's were probably pooled.

Thanks. 

johnking123
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We were to make 14 million turnover for the season. But was told it more like over 15 million because of cup runs. Find out in December I guess.

Edited by johnking123

mainstandjambo

Just done another count.

I am not convinced how accurate it is in respect of Main Stand sales as according to my figures for today and yesterday there appear to have been 48 sold in Section T in 24 hours. The following figures come with some sort of caveat.

Seats left - 3,935

Estimated sales - 11,737

Club estimated sales - 11,962.

Total of 37 sold excluding Section T. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I agree with all of that except perhaps your last sentence (I think) . My feeling was we expected to challenge for 2nd and get at least third, though of course we didn't raise false expectations. Had Hanacek come in in August and had he actually been as good as we clearly thought he was, then it might have been a realistic expectation. The injuries put paid to our chances, plus the other factors you mention. I too (a happy clapper) was bored and rarely clapped. that semi final injury to Naismith really knocked the stuffing out of the team and the fans.

Im strongly influenced, in my aspiratiions comment, by the selling of the first 19 goals striker in a very long time and completley failing to replace. We had a lot of pts to catch up on Dons and hobos even before that decision.

Im not faulting the decision necessarily, but its not the look of a club aiming for 4th from that position.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Im strongly influenced, in my aspiratiions comment, by the selling of the first 19 goals striker in a very long time and completley failing to replace. We had a lot of pts to catch up on Dons and hobos even before that decision.

Im not faulting the decision necessarily, but its not the look of a club aiming for 4th from that position.

I don't think we intended to leave ourselves without a replacement - I think Vanacek wa ssupposed to be the replacement, with Uche as alternative and Wighton backing him up. I would criticise them for not being sure enough re getting Vanacek, though as it turns out he may have been useless anyway

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Decent money spinner that. ?

800px_COLOURBOX7216720.jpg