Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

According to my latest count a further 57 sold. Now 4240 remaining.

That would make it 837 in the first week purely on the basis of the dot count.

If @The Gasman was correct in suggesting that the club hadn't counted the seats reserved for financing when they first announced the 10,500 figure last Monday, then the first week's sales were probably closer to 1,175.

However, given that the "financing" seats would normally have been sold during the renewal period, the 837 would be a more representative figure for sales when comparing with previous seasons.

My running sales estimate is now at 11,432, with the club's figure (including wheelchairs and hospitality?) at 11,657. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

davemclaren
51 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If @The Gasman was correct in suggesting that the club hadn't counted the seats reserved for financing when they first announced the 10,500 figure last Monday, then the first week's sales were probably closer to 1,175.

However, given that the "financing" seats would normally have been sold during the renewal period, the 837 would be a more representative figure for sales when comparing with previous seasons.

My running sales estimate is now at 11,432, with the club's figure (including wheelchairs and hospitality?) at 11,657. 

Are hospitality seasons now on sale?

Footballfirst
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Are hospitality seasons now on sale?

I don't know. I'm just trying to account for the difference between my dot count and the club's figures.

4 hours ago, Whatever said:

Sure there was a save our hearts march from Saughton park before the black balloon game.

It was a very grim period. I actually felt lower during those days than I did at any point during administration. Don’t know if that’s a personal thing, a bit younger then etc, but I can vividly remember the feeling of hopelessness as losing Tynecastle Park was a stark reality.

Horrible, dark days.

Didn't do the walk. I lived opposite the stadium at the time. Agree with how you describe the atmosphere though. Despondency and helplessness are the words I would use to describe how I felt, and what I felt from others’ demeanours. 

When we went in to admin min it was totally different. I felt like it was hard, but we had been offered an alternative to rally behind. Bought shares and tickets, put money in to fundraisers and then FoH from day one. Didn’t feel anything like as desperate as when Robinson tried to sink us.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

another 343 to hit 12k then. My guess is as they slow down we will make that around the end of the month

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know. I'm just trying to account for the difference between my dot count and the club's figures.

Not sure they are yet. 

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I was in Saughton park that day. Can't remember much about it other than Gary Mackay on a microphone shouting GORGIE ROOLZ lot. 

Similar to his speech in hospitality prior to the semi in 06 then! ?

132goals1958
33 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I was in Saughton park that day. Can't remember much about it other than Gary Mackay on a microphone shouting GORGIE ROOLZ lot. 

I am sure we played the then Rangers that day. When we marched back along Gorgie Road a bunch of them started singing --- Hearts are going bust.Oh the irony.

The Goalscoring Knee
6 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I'd say you have to go back to pre 85-86 days to go as low as 6k-7k die-hards.

It was even worse than that - 80-81 of thereabouts we very often had less than 4,000 in the ground! Changed days. Think that was the season we got dumped out of the Scottish Cup at home by Forfar and John Fairgreave, a fine sports writer, called for Tynecastle to be concreted over and used as a car park.

25 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I am sure we played the then Rangers that day. When we marched back along Gorgie Road a bunch of them started singing --- Hearts are going bust.Oh the irony.

:pleasing:

Portable Badger
4 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

It was even worse than that - 80-81 of thereabouts we very often had less than 4,000 in the ground! Changed days. Think that was the season we got dumped out of the Scottish Cup at home by Forfar and John Fairgreave, a fine sports writer, called for Tynecastle to be concreted over and used as a car park.

Can mind one game (Killie if I recall) ,nearing the end of the season, where we had already been relegated and all of us at the School End laying out on the terracing at half-time to sunbath. I mind being pissed off having to stand up for the 2nd half cos both the ****ers infront of me stood up for the game.  Bassas !!

The Goalscoring Knee
2 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Can mind one game (Killie if I recall) ,nearing the end of the season, where we had already been relegated and all of us at the School End laying out on the terracing at half-time to sunbath

Plenty of room for a game of fives if we'd wanted. Several games all at the same time, in fact. Least it only took about a minute to get out of the ground at the end?

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Optimized-Cathro.png

scott herbertson
9 hours ago, Whatever said:

Sure there was a save our hearts march from Saughton park before the black balloon game.

It was a very grim period. I actually felt lower during those days than I did at any point during administration. Don’t know if that’s a personal thing, a bit younger then etc, but I can vividly remember the feeling of hopelessness as losing Tynecastle Park was a stark reality.

Horrible, dark days.

There was a march yes. in fact it was that day I decided to call my brother in Germany and try to get him to record a version of the Hearts song, runrig style with guitars and pipes. I sent him a copy of the Macrae's batallion book to inspire him. Basically he told me it was a crap idea (he was probably right) but the book inspired him to write Hearts of Glory.

The march was fairly low key, but the fans weren't wholly united at the time as we all knew things were bad but there wasn't one idea for how to change things (for example I thought we should start a fund to purchase a stadium should we go bust, but was in a small minority with that one).  Bad times but out of those desperate days the Foundation grew.

Edited by scott herbertson

scott herbertson
29 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

John Fairgrieve chaired (or presented at) a meeting at I think what became the West End club (might have been the Liberal Club then) to try and save Hearts who were clearly in big trouble financially. I went along but have only hazy memories (probably pissed)

Walter Bishop
12 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’d agree with that I think. I remember sitting there with a black balloon protesting about the proposed sale of Tynecastle, and there didn’t seem to be much of a crowd. Fast forward a few years and we were selling out Tynecastle to keep the lights on when in administration.

Was that the game Gary Mackay was out on pitch at half time? 

57 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Yes &  he revealed a "Robinson Out" poster live in front of the Sky TV cameras. 

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Could have been. Genuinely don’t remember much other than the black balloons, the feelings of hopelessness, and looking around at the place thinking how sad it would be to move.

Our potential is to have all the season tickets sold long before now and to have a waiting list.

That's exciting.  Just need to get it right on the pitch.  What a difference a Skacel or Robbo would make.  If only we could either find them or develop them ourselves.

Bridge of Djoum
8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

IDT-INDST

I love you, brother but I’ve no idea what that means. 

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

One has to admire the management of season ticket sales information by the club IMO.

Why?

8 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

One has to admire the management of season ticket sales information by the club IMO.

How? The choose your ticket won't work on my account for some reason.

Fruitmachine76
12 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

No doubt the answer will be on this thread but are tickets for new ST holders just sent out?  I got an adult and an U13 and while the confirmation email states 'proof of ID for U13 may be required' it doesn't actually say for sure and there's no mention of the next steps. 

Not a big deal but thought I'd ask in case someone knew. We had STs in the championship season but can't remember if I had to pick them up and show proof of age for the wee man. 

Cheers. 

I had the same email, but no instructions on what to do.  I called T.O. and they advised either to pop in or scan and email proof of age for my two kids.

I just popped in last week as I work in centre of town, and showed them birth certificates.  They gave me my season tickets away with me there and then rather than posting.  

From what I understand, if you do nothing, they’ll send your ticket but not the U13 til they have proof of age. 

Edit: think the above applies only if it’s your kids first season ticket - if you’ve already provided proof of age for previous seasons , then I think you’ll be ok but maybe just give them a buzz. 

Edited by Fruitmachine76
Additional info

SuperAustin
12 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

No doubt the answer will be on this thread but are tickets for new ST holders just sent out?  I got an adult and an U13 and while the confirmation email states 'proof of ID for U13 may be required' it doesn't actually say for sure and there's no mention of the next steps. 

Not a big deal but thought I'd ask in case someone knew. We had STs in the championship season but can't remember if I had to pick them up and show proof of age for the wee man. 

Cheers. 

I had to send picture of passport for under 13s season ticket 

Mr Elwood P
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Our potential is to have all the season tickets sold long before now and to have a waiting list.

That's exciting.  Just need to get it right on the pitch.  What a difference a Skacel or Robbo would make.  If only we could either find them or develop them ourselves.

Admire your optimism but we would need to be challenging for the league for that to happen. We’re currently about £54m a year in wages behind Celtic so it will take more than one ‘Robbo’ coming through the academy. We need a class of 99’ style glut of academy superstars and to also make some excellent additional signings, who then turn out to be even better than expected! 

132goals1958
10 hours ago, iainmac said:

I  watched that game in a pub in Costa Teguise against Celtic. Surrounded by them in their usual everyday holiday attire. Not a particularly memorable experience.

49 minutes ago, gov said:

When do the season tickets normally get sent out? 

Never if its a renewal as your existing card is activated for next season.

Hackney Hearts
48 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Admire your optimism but we would need to be challenging for the league for that to happen.

... it will take more than one ‘Robbo’ coming through the academy.

We need a class of 99’ style glut of academy superstars and to also make some excellent additional signings, who then turn out to be even better than expected! 

I like the sound of this scenario, but not sure we actually need a 'glut'. Leaving arguments about the manager aside, a Skacel and/or Robbo added to an injury-free version of the team/form that led the table into November wouldn't be far off mounting a sustained challenge for the league. We added just 2 players after finishing 7th in 84-85 (Colquhoun & Ian Jardine) and then won the league in 85-86*.

(*on goal average)

54 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Never if its a renewal as your existing card is activated for next season.

My new ST arrived in the post this morning.

Stewie Griffin
2 hours ago, gov said:

I moved seats and got my new season tickets a couple of days later 

ming the merciless
19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Same seat?

According to the guy in the ticket office, everyone is getting a new card whether it's same seat or not.

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Same seat?

No one of my mates never renewed where we sat so luckily for me i'm in the middle of D beside one of my best mates. It is where i've wanted to get a seat for years. 

12 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I love you, brother but I’ve no idea what that means. 

IDT-INDST

IDT - If Destroyed True.

INDST - If not destroyed still true.

written by any self respecting schoolboy on a mates jotter, usually an appendage to an hilarious but derogatory comment about said mate (usually relating to their sexuality etc)

Bad Religion
On 03/06/2019 at 21:18, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm aware of that but the point remains. Nearly half the ground isn't "booked" yet. I'd say the number of new tickets we get now will be around the 750 mark.

On 03/06/2019 at 21:25, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Roughly, yes. Between there and 11,500 at most.

On 03/06/2019 at 21:44, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I hardly think it's "doomsaying" to make a prediction. And I freely admit with my prediction record I'll probably get it wrong!

On 04/06/2019 at 11:53, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How am I being "negative" precisely? And where's the evidence of these "wow" signings? There was enough smoke blown up Vanecek's arse that he could be bigger than the Trump blimp. Sorry for being realistic in the land of delusion.

On 04/06/2019 at 12:19, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

All predictions wrong or your money back Dave.

On 04/06/2019 at 22:46, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't actually care what people think about me on here.

On 06/06/2019 at 10:08, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As I said, all predictions wrong or your money back.

I will happily be wrong if and when we beat my prediction.

On 07/06/2019 at 16:30, To Be Frank said:

6235707D-951C-442A-997D-FDFD44278396.jpeg

Outstanding. Proud to be a jambo ??

?‍♂️

tumbleweed.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick
53 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

?‍♂️

tumbleweed.jpg

Yep, I was wrong as I said above. Nice selective quoting.

:gfy:

5 hours ago, gov said:

Got mines this morning. Same seat, different number. 

Bad Religion
16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yep, I was wrong as I said above. Nice selective quoting.

:gfy:

No Geoff, there’s nothing selective about what I’ve quoted. You said you’d admit you were wrong once confirmed. You haven’t and won’t. No surprise. 

26 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

No Geoff, there’s nothing selective about what I’ve quoted. You said you’d admit you were wrong once confirmed. You haven’t and won’t. No surprise. 

He has to be fair.

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, graygo said:

I've seen it a couple of times now, the latest being 5 posts above yours.

Before that?