Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I predict that however many we sell you will say we would have sold many more if the club had listened to you and your coterie of mates. ?

Another prediction from someone who knows it all. A new season is weeks away and you are 

having a wee did at me. Try looking forward as i’m doing and get behind our team, management, 

owner and our fabulous fans. My season ticket has been purchased, my mates are ready for the kick-off to support their team the famous Heart of Midlothian.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Another prediction from someone who knows it all. A new season is weeks away and you are 

having a wee did at me. Try looking forward as i’m doing and get behind our team, management, 

owner and our fabulous fans. My season ticket has been purchased, my mates are ready for the kick-off to support their team the famous Heart of Midlothian.

Well done you! The doom-mongers are turning!!

HHGH

Independence
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not true. Everyone is entitled to make their own choice. Judging by comments on hete, a lot of fans renew because that's "what we do" regardless.  Various reasons for fans renewing or not.

Yes 'what we do' because we SUPPORT Heart of Midlothian!!!! Is that not what it is all about? Some people are strange! We support the club through thick and thin.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

52 sold since last count 

If, and I say if, the season tickets are not where we’d like them to be it’s up to Hearts to get off to a great start and keep performing because many fans who had ST’s will come flocking back with many walk ups pouring through the turnstiles. The support is there and it’s not the end of the world if we don’t hit a decent target which i’m Imagine Ann and the directors have. I’d imagine everybody has a different idea to what a decent target is. 

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If, and I say if, the season tickets are not where we’d like them to be it’s up to Hearts to get off to a great start and keep performing because many fans who had ST’s will come flocking back with many walk ups pouring through the turnstiles. The support is there and it’s not the end of the world if we don’t hit a decent target which i’m Imagine Ann and the directors have. I’d imagine everybody has a different idea to what a decent target is. 

You'd be a decent target  ☺

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well done you! The doom-mongers are turning!!

HHGH

Give it a rest. Are you wanting an argument about last season because we have to put it to bed.

With us nor selling any season tickets, the new stand being a wreck and Naismith going to Hibs, I'm fair depressed.

??❤❤❤

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

With us nor selling any season tickets, the new stand being a wreck and Naismith going to Hibs, I'm fair depressed.

??❤❤❤

I can live with all that, but this window cleaning bill is gonna **** us royally and no mistake.

18 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I can live with all that, but this window cleaning bill is gonna **** us royally and no mistake.

Probably all add up to needing to put the plans to fill the corners on hold indefinitely. :mad:

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Probably all add up to needing to put the plans to fill the corners on hold indefinitely. :mad:

Pure ragin"

No way will we get Guardiola now.

17 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Unless the glass is self cleaning.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest figures

Wheatfield  - 1,280 left

Main            - 1,303 left

Gorgie         -    583 left

Roseburn    -    886 left

Total left    - 4,052      

Estimated sales - 11,620

Club estimated sales - 11,845

Thanks for doing a count today as I was going to do one to compare with figures I had from 16 June last year.

2018 2019
Wheatfield 1065 1280
Roseburn 1217 886
Main 830 1303
Gorgie 582 583
Total 3694

The raw numbers show that today's dot count is 358 higher than on the same date last year.  However, the dot count is based on 15,672 seats being available for STs this year against 15,934 last year, so 262 fewer seats this year.

While there are around 100 more restricted view seats available in the wing sections of N & T this year, they are far outweighed by the reduction in seats available in section J (only half the section is available this year, so 358 instead of 718 ).   

Taking the numbers together, then it suggests that sales are 620 down on the same date last year (or approx 4.6% of a 13,500 total). 

The slowdown in sales is most evident in the Wheatfield and Main stands, while the Gorgie has almost identical counts   

davemclaren
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I certainly don’t know it all but, like you, I’m looking forward to next season. ?

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Give it a rest. Are you wanting an argument about last season because we have to put it to bed.

No .... last season was ok in my

opinion - I’m a positive person not like ...

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Says mr flip flop

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks for doing a count today as I was going to do one to compare with figures I had from 16 June last year.

2018 2019
Wheatfield 1065 1280
Roseburn 1217 886
Main 830 1303
Gorgie 582 583
Total 3694

The raw numbers show that today's dot count is 358 higher than on the same date last year.  However, the dot count is based on 15,672 seats being available for STs this year against 15,934 last year, so 262 fewer seats this year.

While there are around 100 more restricted view seats available in the wing sections of N & T this year, they are far outweighed by the reduction in seats available in section J (only half the section is available this year, so 358 instead of 718 ).   

Taking the numbers together, then it suggests that sales are 620 down on the same date last year (or approx 4.6% of a 13,500 total). 

The slowdown in sales is most evident in the Wheatfield and Main stands, while the Gorgie has almost identical counts   

Not surprised @Footballfirst given the price,  My wheatfield platinum was £500 plus booking fee. It caused me to wince given I will miss any home games in September and half of October due to a trip away.

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We’ve already hit a decent target, IMO. A few signings and a few positive League Cup performances and we will be about the same as last years total.

8 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

52 sold since last count 

23 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Sales seem to have halted...!

:wattie:

6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I know where we can find loads ae windae lickers dead cheap likesay.

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The Craig Levein effect beginning to show.

Relatively small effect. Hopefully a couple of decent signings will boost numbers. 

kingantti1874

It’s a product at the end of the day.. we probably have a hardcore or between 9 to 10k whole will go no matter what.. those beyond that want to be excited.. we have now got to the point where walking up is easy reducing the demand to secure your ticket even further. 

Club have done done a great job off the pitch, but we need to translate that to the product otherwise we will lose the momentum. 

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not true. Everyone is entitled to make their own choice. Judging by comments on hete, a lot of fans renew because that's "what we do" regardless.  Various reasons for fans renewing or not.

Most renew because they support Hearts. 

Very few won't renew  because they are in a personal crusade with our manager and see themselves as a beacon of justice in the fight against tyranny. 

Some will ofc have other reasons. 

23 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Most renew because they support Hearts. 

Very few won't renew  because they are in a personal crusade with our manager and see themselves as a beacon of justice in the fight against tyranny. 

Some will ofc have other reasons. 

I agree most do renew as we have that stalwart 10000 but that isnt the ones we need to attract as like me hell will freeze over before I bin my team.  Play good football get excitement up and people will flood to tynecastle as they are out there, we need to be aiming for new customers and unfortunately the tripe been on show for the last couple of years has been terrible to watch can hardly attract the customers with season tickets, the goals for column pretty much tells the story and doesnt lie.  The polar opposite is off the park we seem to do everything right Im hoping it wil transgress onto the park in the not too distant future.

Im hearing a couple of new ones are coming in up top that will get us excited and an old one coming back so onwards and upwards for the season

I was looking at tickets for the united game just now, tried to book my St seats and maybe im just having a moment but my season tickets are seats 5/6 but when i click on the exact same seats for the united game they are showing as seats 12/13? i have checked on the seats around my st and they seem to have changed as well but when i go to ''buy'' a season ticket the seat next to mines are 3/4 as expected?! 

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we probably have a hardcore or between 9 to 10k whole will go no matter what.. those beyond that want to be excited.. 

Surely if we've been so dire to watch for the last couple of seasons then the hardcore is represented by the current ST sales figure?

Which is 11,800 and rising?

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s a product at the end of the day.. we probably have a hardcore or between 9 to 10k whole will go no matter what.. those beyond that want to be excited.. we have now got to the point where walking up is easy reducing the demand to secure your ticket even further. 

Club have done done a great job off the pitch, but we need to translate that to the product otherwise we will lose the momentum. 

Walking up for most games has always been easy.  What has changed vs previous years.

The Mercer Takeover

Can't believe the utter denial some on here are showing on the drop of season ticket sales.

The Levein effect is in full swing and many are clearly not renewing, as was suggested by lots. This isn't a hate thing against a former footballing legend, it is all about results, style, incompetence, overstaying a welcome and the future of Hearts..

A number here also seem quite dismissive of the drop, as if it was a foregone conclusion. It wasn't:

The Scotland support were transformed with optimism and united again recently when the new manager came in. We subsequently saw a really good home attendance and then travelling support for the last two games. A new honeymoon period exists.

Kilmarnock have made a statement of intent with their new manger and kept their momentum going with their own support. He wouldn't even be good enough for some on here.....

As for all this crap about the same supporters turning up anyway on a weekly basis and the club not losing out. Some really need to think about this further. On the off chance we are top of the league every week, this may happen up to a point, however a dose of reality is needed. We won't be top of the league for any length of time. Also, in the winter months, when it is utterly baltic, wet and miserable on Tuesday night, people simply don't turn up. Even season tickets holders don't turn up as we saw may season. Not many are going to pay £30 for the privilege. Season tickets balance out the good runs and the bad runs, that's why they are so important.

Football is a habit and sadly our travelling support collapsed at the end of last season. Lowest in my lifetime and I am in my 50's. It was once again utterly unbearable under Levein. Why does this matter with season tickets. It only takes one or two in a group to say enough is enough and then the rot sets in. Things like golf start to become more important than they should be.
Walking up to home games is easy now, as there are always plenty of seats available. This differs from the past significantly,since there is no longer the threat of "not getting a ticket" to help focus the mind. 

I still haven't renewed and I have had a ST for over 30 years. Hearts are a way of life for me but this isn't working under Levein. I'm fed up leaving the stadium annoyed and having to listen to our own support booing the team of the park every week. Assuming they have not already left at half time. In my own group, two are not renewing due to Levein. Us travelling to watch Hearts is almost certain not to happen now either.

Keeping Levein in place has consequences and a drop in attendances, is once again one of them.

3 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Can't believe the utter denial some on here are showing on the drop of season ticket sales.

The Levein effect is in full swing and many are clearly not renewing, as was suggested by lots. This isn't a hate thing against a former footballing legend, it is all about results, style, incompetence, overstaying a welcome and the future of Hearts..

A number here also seem quite dismissive of the drop, as if it was a foregone conclusion. It wasn't:

The Scotland support were transformed with optimism and united again recently when the new manager came in. We subsequently saw a really good home attendance and then travelling support for the last two games. A new honeymoon period exists.

Kilmarnock have made a statement of intent with their new manger and kept their momentum going with their own support. He wouldn't even be good enough for some on here.....

As for all this crap about the same supporters turning up anyway on a weekly basis and the club not losing out. Some really need to think about this further. On the off chance we are top of the league every week, this may happen up to a point, however a dose of reality is needed. We won't be top of the league for any length of time. Also, in the winter months, when it is utterly baltic, wet and miserable on Tuesday night, people simply don't turn up. Even season tickets holders don't turn up as we saw may season. Not many are going to pay £30 for the privilege. Season tickets balance out the good runs and the bad runs, that's why they are so important.

Football is a habit and sadly our travelling support collapsed at the end of last season. Lowest in my lifetime and I am in my 50's. It was once again utterly unbearable under Levein. Why does this matter with season tickets. It only takes one or two in a group to say enough is enough and then the rot sets in. Things like golf start to become more important than they should be.
Walking up to home games is easy now, as there are always plenty of seats available. This differs from the past significantly,since there is no longer the threat of "not getting a ticket" to help focus the mind. 

I still haven't renewed and I have had a ST for over 30 years. Hearts are a way of life for me but this isn't working under Levein. I'm fed up leaving the stadium annoyed and having to listen to our own support booing the team of the park every week. Assuming they have not already left at half time. In my own group, two are not renewing due to Levein. Us travelling to watch Hearts is almost certain not to happen now either.

Keeping Levein in place has consequences and a drop in attendances, is once again one of them.

Hate filled thing against a former footballing legend type post, imo.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

That's your right to not renew but nearly 12.000 of us have already and will always renew because we support hearts and not one individual 

The Mercer Takeover
8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hate filled thing against a former footballing legend type post, imo.

Like I said, denial of facts.....

Levein was my favourite player during his playing days.

On 27/05/2019 at 10:25, The Mercer Takeover said:

Had the weekend to mull this over now and enough is enough, unless the serial loser and managerial charlatan Levein is removed, I'm simply not renewing.

I can't believe it has come to this as I have had a season ticket for over 30 years, but I'm so p@ssed off with this man that I simply can't face it any more. I will undoubtedly attend ad-hoc games but football isn't just about participating.....

In a real quandary over FOH payments as well. Mine are not the biggest payments, for what it is worth, but the way I feel about Budge's refusal to resolve this situation just now, this is becoming an issue for me. The thing is, the one clear thing this woman listened to over the Cathro shambles, was when large contributors started threatening to pull the plug.        

In my opinion this club is heading downhill fast at the moment. As long as the status-quo is maintained and the majority of those, who actually attend games regularly are ignored, we will go backwards. Attendances dropped under Levein the last time and it is happening all over again. What is almost as annoying, is that there is a number on here who couldn't care less about how many turn up at games as long as they think they can win an argument on a football forum. Supporters attending games is the heart and blood of any football club and we need to unite ours again. We are not some rotary club social, but a football club who are supposed to be trying to win football trophies.            

Sorry for offending those who are happy to settle with what they are seeing, but this is just not right.

Hate filled thing against a former footballing legend ^

8 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Not a "hate filled thing against a former footballing legend" ^

Just thought I'd better make the distinction, in case nobody noticed the difference. :thumbsup:

The Mercer Takeover
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's your right to not renew but nearly 12.000 of us have already and will always renew because we support hearts and not one individual 

Backing Levin will once again damage our club and clearly the drop in ST sales is the first symptom of this

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, The Mercer Takeover said:

Backing Levin will once again damage our club and clearly the drop in ST sales is the first symptom of this

Well that's your opinion which you entitled to but point remains nearly 12.000 of us have renewed and that figure will rise 

Hackney Hearts
13 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

The Levein effect is in full swing and many are clearly not renewing

If this is 'full swing', then your case doesn't seem that strong. Nearly 12,000 sold with several weeks to go? You'll need a bit more actual evidence rather than just ranting - maybe see what the final figure is, for instance.

132goals1958
26 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

You were a late starter if you started going in your 20,s. Just as well you didn,t go in the 70,s

Edited by 132goals1958

The Mercer Takeover
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

If this is 'full swing', then your case doesn't seem that strong. Nearly 12,000 sold with several weeks to go? You'll need a bit more actual evidence rather than just ranting - maybe see what the final figure is, for instance.

Nearly 12,000 isn't actually 12,000 though and was it not 13.5k we sold last season and slightly higher the year before.

Sales of ST's on a daily basis are not doing well according to the dot counters.

Perhaps I am missing something.....

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Walking up for most games has always been easy.  What has changed vs previous years.

Thats not true tbh, before the main stand opened it wasn’t easy to secure a decent seat and often there were no seats for sale

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, The Mercer Takeover said:

Nearly 12,000 isn't actually 12,000 though and was it not 13.5k we sold last season and slightly higher the year before.

Sales of ST's on a daily basis are not doing well according to the dot counters.

What your missing is there's nearly 2 months before season tickets can be used so still nearly 2 months of sales remaining 

The Mercer Takeover
1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

You were a late starter if you started going in your 20,s. Just as well you didn,t 

Another well thought out post, in a thread of them.....

Until I was working, I couldn't afford one and paid at the gate, like most did in these days.

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Another well thought out post, in a thread of them.....

Until I was working, I couldn't afford one and paid at the gate, like most did in these days.

So you went in the 70,s when we toiled against Dunbarton .East Stirling and knocked out the cup by Forfar. All about opinions but like many others I believe we will match last season.s numbers. 

12 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

About two months, I think. :thumbsup:

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I would say so ...

Hackney Hearts
18 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

You seem to be missing several things. One of which is that we've got 2 months of sales to go - so that 13.5k figure is a reasonable target*. Daily basis figures are ticking over fine and historically sales go in surges and don't maintain a steady rate. A lot of people don't bother paying for something until they actually have to, for instance.

But technically you're absolutely right - nearly 12,000 isn't actually 12,000. That's undeniable.

*For reference, sell 30 per day on average and we'll get to 13.5k

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've done the finance option but haven't had any confirmation from the club yet. Has anyone else?