Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

MR INCREDIBLE
4 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I admire the sentiment and agree it would be brilliant to do anything to cut the allocation to the old firm but is putting loads of kids and oaps next to 1400 bile spouting religious fanatics a good idea? 

It's not that near section G. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Clerry Jambo
6 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I admire the sentiment and agree it would be brilliant to do anything to cut the allocation to the old firm but is putting loads of kids and oaps next to 1400 bile spouting religious fanatics a good idea? 

Take your point, however you can't protect kids all their lives, you never know they might enjoy the "banter"

Portable Badger
6 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Never know your luck they might just well start ripping into the bile spouting religious fcukwits...... mind when Mercer separated us 'kids' from the grown-ups so we wouldn't have any bad influences?  That went well I seem to recall !!??!!

16 hours ago, oh ah grantona said:

We were unseeded and got a good draw v pars 

4 Europa League teams seeded plus 4 best group winners currently 5 groups are on course to have a team on 12 points and it if not it will come down to 11 points on GD

Yes I made the mistake of assuming Pars were unseeded.

Arbroath play Hibs midweek though would expect them to drop points.

We really need to start taking those chances as GD may be the deciding factor.

Some people have said that we have to let the bigot twins know their allocation at the start of the season.

I wouldn't think this was the case but does anyone have any links to the club confirming this ?

It's surely time to cut them down to two sections at the most.

A bit of initiative would help to fill the remainder of any unsold seats.

We really need to be tapping into the tourist market as well as encouraging more young people along to our 'church' ☺

15 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Great idea. OAP homes, schools, children's clubs, kids in care, charities like Big Hearts ect

You just looking for a free ticket, Mitch?

mainstandjambo

Today's count

Wheatfield  -  1,003

Main            -     957

Gorgie         -     439

Roseburn   -      867

Total left     -  3,266

26 sold since last count.

Must be getting very close to 12,800 sold.  

20 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Today's count

Wheatfield  -  1,003

Main            -     957

Gorgie         -     439

Roseburn   -      867

Total left     -  3,266

26 sold since last count.

Must be getting very close to 12,800 sold.  

Plus perhaps another 50 or so in the Roseburn that cannot be counted now?

Is that right.

Edging nearer the 13k.

mainstandjambo
49 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Plus perhaps another 50 or so in the Roseburn that cannot be counted now?

Is that right.

Edging nearer the 13k.

Your guess is as good as mine regarding sales in Roseburn since it was greyed out on etickets. Is there anyone out there tried to buy a ST in ticket office recently for Roseburn Stand.

14 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Segregation would sort it out and a promise that if the old firm fans spout their religious bigoted & racist bile they will be permanently excluded from Tynecastle. And that means forever.

Edited by mitch41

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You just looking for a free ticket, Mitch?

I’m very happy with my £325 Season Ticket saving me £175. Oh it’s great getting to 65.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

In my humble opinion - once this season is out the way and we are properly set up financially and the fan transfer done a part of the FOH money should be used at the close of public season ticket sales to buy CAT A season tickets for all remaining seats in the Roseburn apart from that 1400 section for use by Big Hearts and Save our Children and any other chosen charity to give those less fortunate the chance to go to games AND restrict the OF allocation legitimately.

It is also a way by which some FOH money can become legitimate for income of the club and be invested in the players.

Charities win. The first team wins. We have less scum at our home game against them.

That’s what I call  a win win win.

I’d also invest in some sort of more permanent segregation that could be taken out as required that meant we didn’t lose as many seats when the scum come to town - I don’t know what but there must be something.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

In my humble opinion - once this season is out the way and we are properly set up financially and the fan transfer done a part of the FOH money should be used at the close of public season ticket sales to buy CAT A season tickets for all remaining seats in the Roseburn apart from that 1400 section for use by Big Hearts and Save our Children and any other chosen charity to give those less fortunate the chance to go to games AND restrict the OF allocation legitimately.

It is also a way by which some FOH money can become legitimate for income of the club and be invested in the players.

Charities win. The first team wins. We have less scum at our home game against them.

That’s what I call  a win win win.

I’d also invest in some sort of more permanent segregation that could be taken out as required that meant we didn’t lose as many seats - I don’t know what but there must be something.

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding or not but how does using FOH money to buy season tickets help? Surely this is money that would already belong to the club and would simply be denying ourselves another potential income stream from those seats being sold? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding or not but how does using FOH money to buy season tickets help? Surely this is money that would already belong to the club and would simply be denying ourselves another potential income stream from those seats being sold? 🤷🏻‍♂️

FOH money isn’t club income when it comes to the financial fair play rules so as it stands so it cant be used for players

But thanks for pissing all over an idea that was the benefit for charities and those

less fortunate as a primary purpose.

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

FOH money isn’t club income when it comes to the financial fair play rules so as it stands so it cant be used for players

But thanks for pissing all over an idea that was the benefit for charities and those

Not sure financial fair play will impact upon us tbh

davemclaren
57 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The UK govt would be pleased with the 20% vat we would pay on that. Also, where did you get the info that FoH money isn’t club ‘income’?

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The UK govt would be pleased with the 20% vat we would pay on that. Also, where did you get the info that FoH money isn’t club ‘income’?

Off course it be club income once foh take over because then we'll be owners 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Mentioned on the pledge thread 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Off course it be club income once foh take over because then we'll be owners 

I think that’s exactly the point

Abramovic as owner of Chelsea can’t just pile in his money to the club to allow them to buy players any more. Same principle with FOH.

It will be a legal point rather than a punters in the pub type point I imagine so I don’t know the answer.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Johnny Sandiego
5 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Under FFP rules a club can spend up to 5 million euros more than they earn, so unless our contributions shoot up massively that wont even make a dunt.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I’m very happy with my £325 Season Ticket saving me £175. Oh it’s great getting to 65.

We should go with the British hrmc rule, 68 I think it is now. 

In fact, given the maths, we'd be better selling 8k full price tickets than 13k with the the oap and children discount. 

We do need to grow, tho so give the under 16's thier discount and sell 10k at full price. 

It's the way forward, giving oap's a discount has no benefit. 👍

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think that’s exactly the point

Abramovic as owner of Chelsea can’t just pile in his money to the club to allow them to buy players any more. Same principle with FOH.

It will be a legal point rather than a punters in the pub type point I imagine so I don’t know the answer.

He can, just means they pay a fine or take a hit, like a ban for a season or two. 

If planned, like Barca a few years ago it means **** all. 

Also think man City paid a £50m fine a few years ago. 

PSG too iirc. 

The punishment is a fine for a club that spent too much. 

Cracking stuff as per.-

Your so rich you spent so much, so I'll fine you.... 

Ehhh, OK. 

I'm rich, that's why I spent so much in the first place, how much? 

🤔

23 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He can, just means they pay a fine or take a hit, like a ban for a season or two. 

If planned, like Barca a few years ago it means **** all. 

Also think man City paid a £50m fine a few years ago. 

PSG too iirc. 

The punishment is a fine for a club that spent too much. 

Cracking stuff as per.-

Your so rich you spent so much, so I'll fine you.... 

Ehhh, OK. 

I'm rich, that's why I spent so much in the first place, how much? 

🤔

Same in the business world for companies that done something wrong.

X  done this and earned 5 Bajillion from it, so the government fine them x millions, making the crime well worth it and the they get their cut.

10-of-the-most-infamous-mob-bosses-of-al

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

X  done this and earned 5 Bajillion from it, so the government fine them x millions, making the crime well worth it and the they get their cut.

Fines are the way to stop the poor breaking the law. 

15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Fines are the way to stop the poor breaking the law. 

Edited by Lovecraft

7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

In fact, given the maths, we'd be better selling 8k full price tickets than 13k with the the oap and children discount. 

We do need to grow, tho so give the under 16's thier discount and sell 10k at full price. 

How much is your Tory party membership and do you get a discount ?

There are plenty ways of putting the money in and it covering the costs of multiple things, so that it frees up more of our football generated income to spend on the team. That’s without having to give anyone 29% or getting fined. Let’s just leave it at that. 😏

9 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

After supporting Hearts all my life, and i’m now living on a pension living the simple life I never 

ever felt that OAP’s shouldn’t get a bit of help to follow their team. Having 4 children and now 

6 grandchildren I have always taken or encouraged them to follow Hearts. In my household 

their was only one rule support Hearts or you go to the workhouse. 

9 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tory voter poster boy

oh ah grantona
On 20/07/2019 at 09:27, luckydug said:

Yes I made the mistake of assuming Pars were unseeded.

Arbroath play Hibs midweek though would expect them to drop points.

We really need to start taking those chances as GD may be the deciding factor.

Results went our way yesterday. But over next 2 games I'd like to see goals 

A bit like Motherwell are doing get the game won and kick on 

We just always seem to lack the kick on hopefully comes Wednesday 

Motherwell look nailed on 12

Ross county 50/50 win today then yes

Arbroath would be funny and would put Hibs in trouble 

So we are looking at 2/3 slots at 11 points now so we should be good provided we get the 11 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

After supporting Hearts all my life, and i’m now living on a pension living the simple life I never 

ever felt that OAP’s shouldn’t get a bit of help to follow their team. Having 4 children and now 

6 grandchildren I have always taken or encouraged them to follow Hearts. In my household 

their was only one rule support Hearts or you go to the workhouse. 

I was a bit tongue in cheek,  no council tax, help with electricity,  no TV licence, free travel etc I think is all benificial to oaps and deserved after working all your life, but I don't think a discount to follow a football team is needed, and imo if there is one it should be a smaller one. 

Pretty sure, oaps on average have more disposable income than working families, on average ofc. 

Why not make it cheaper for everyone? 

So although tongue in cheek, I do personally feel that although oaps should get many rewards for their contribution, as you say not sure football is up there. 

Although one could say if you've followed Hearts for 50 plus years you deserve to be given free access 😂

32 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Tory voter poster boy

SNP, Yes, former labour voter so try again. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

How much is your Tory party membership and do you get a discount ?

He he, see above. 

Free TV licence, council tax,  travel etc I believe in, but heavy discount at a football ground? Nah. 

Also, largely because of houses and rent prices, oaps on average have more disposable income than the average working family now. 

Many of them have plenty cash. 👍

Just as an example, imagine as a club we have 2k oap sales but have families that cannot get tickets. 

Lost revenue. 

We aren't there yet, but in the future, in an ageing population.... 

Different debate tho. 

AlphonseCapone
9 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Hey! No need mate. 

14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I was a bit tongue in cheek,  no council tax, help with electricity,  no TV licence, free travel etc I think is all benificial to oaps and deserved after working all your life, but I don't think a discount to follow a football team is needed, and imo if there is one it should be a smaller one. 

Pretty sure, oaps on average have more disposable income than working families, on average ofc. 

So although tongue in cheek, I do personally feel that although oaps should get many rewards for their contribution, as you say not sure football is up there. 

Although one could say if you've followed Hearts for 50 plus years you deserve to be given free access 😂

Naw am good thanks

17 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Just to clarify, was your comment about pensioners “tongue in cheek” or do you believe they should not get a discount?

10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yes it has. It allows old codgers like me to go to games and still make my FOH contributions.

12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

That’s a bit low calling you a Tory don’t you think OLLB. Between following Hearts including programme, pies, bovril, pints of best with drambuie at the end of the night, football card in club, train fares, taxi plus FOH membership, hospitality (  twice a year ), Hearts shop so when you add all this up on a pension it really eats into your annual income and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That’s a bit low calling you a Tory don’t you think OLLB. Between following Hearts including programme, pies, bovril, pints of best with drambuie at the end of the night, football card in club, train fares, taxi plus FOH membership, hospitality (  twice a year ), Hearts shop so when you add all this up on a pension it really eats into your annual income and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

It eats into everyday salaries as well, which is why I don’t buy programmes, pies,   Bovrils or full price kits 🙂

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yeah, it's a wider debate tbh.

Our low sate pension is terrible, if I had it my way the pension would be on par with other countries and far higher, do that and you wouldn't need a discount at all!

So the debate opens up.

IMO if you need to offer oaps a discount  in general then fundamentally it means they don't have enough money. Why? That then opens up a bigger political debate and being a yes and a "leftie" I do try my best to change things not only for oaps, but disabled folk, veterans, nhs, public service workers and working families amongst others. Not my fault we have the second lowest state pension in the EU, in fact I think around 65% of pensioners vote tory.... so you could say pensioners create some of their own problems....anyhoo!!! I could go on but it's way of topic on st sales.

Hope you and your family enjoy this season!!!

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Our low sate pension is terrible, if I had it my way the pension would be on par with other countries and far higher, do that and you wouldn't need a discount at all!

So the debate opens up.

IMO if you need to offer oaps a discount  in general then fundamentally it means they don't have enough money. Why? That then opens up a bigger political debate and being a yes and a "leftie" I do try my best to change things not only for oaps, but disabled folk, veterans, nhs, public service workers and working families amongst others. Not my fault we have the second lowest state pension in the EU, in fact I think around 65% of pensioners vote tory.... so you could say pensioners create some of their own problems....anyhoo!!! I could go on but it's way of topic on st sales.

You really are a lovely guy when you want to be. Hope your team wins on Wednesday lol.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It eats into everyday salaries as well, which is why I don’t buy programmes, pies,   Bovrils or full price kits 🙂

7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

So the debate opens up.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Prof said:

Yes it has. It allows old codgers like me to go to games and still make my FOH contributions.

8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

So the debate opens up.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Just to clarify, was your comment about pensioners “tongue in cheek” or do you believe they should not get a discount?

8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

So the debate opens up.

The problem imo, isn't discounts or not it's a bigger issue, one I am happy to discuss on a different thread. the above touches on it, but it goes far, far deeper.

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The pies are fab and the bovril hot.  I can understand why the price of food, drink, strips ect are so expensive 

but you wonder if these items were cheaper many more would be sold.

scott herbertson

Thing about old age is that you keep forgetting yo've done things, and do them again, and again

11 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The last line above is either written by an empty head or a wind up merchant.