Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

47 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He he, see above. 

Free TV licence, council tax,  travel etc I believe in, but heavy discount at a football ground? Nah. 

Also, largely because of houses and rent prices, oaps on average have more disposable income than the average working family now. 

Many of them have plenty cash. 👍

Just as an example, imagine as a club we have 2k oap sales but have families that cannot get tickets. 

Lost revenue. 

We aren't there yet, but in the future, in an ageing population.... 

Different debate tho. 

Where do you get the idea that Over 65s get free tv licence and pay no council tax ?

Perhaps you have a point about STs  but many OAP's are strapped for cash.

It might be fairer if the discount was limited to folk on Pension credit.

It could backfire seriously we might lose fans and the negative publicity would hurt the clubs image.

BTW regarding the non Hearts part of your post I can't see an SNP administration risking losing the grey vote.

Edited by luckydug

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Where do you get the idea that Over 65s get free tv licence and pay no council tax ?

It could backfire seriously we might lose fans and the negative publicity would hurt the clubs image.

BTW regarding the non Hearts part of your post I can't see an SNP administration risking losing the grey vote.

They don't but they should imo.

They are, due to the shitty pension. fix that and wallaaa! Also, working families are also skint, not just oaps.

it would need to be a wider commercial thing and ofc the state pension would need to be higher for it to be implemented.

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Jesus. Honestly quite galling reading all that coming from a fellow SNP voter. Blimey.

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

They are, due to the shitty pension. fix that and wallaaa!

it would need to be a wider commercial thing and ofc the state pension would need to be higher for it to be implemented.

I'm old enough to remember when clubs used to cancel the boys and OAP gates for big matches.

It caused no end of resentment and meant that myself and other kids of the time didn't get to go to the big matches as dad's couldn't afford to pay full prices for kids.

Do you want the present day Hearts to be copying the miserable old duffers that used to run us back in those days ?

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Jesus. Honestly quite galling reading all that coming from a fellow SNP voter. Blimey.

I thought he was joking initially. 

Seems not 😕

King Of The Cat Cafe
20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not all retired people qualify for pension credit.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nah, not if you open up the debate.

Plenty folk on nmw can't afford nice things and if they continue on that path they will have a poor work pension. Remember these folk are working, sometimes very hard.

Now, one solution is to heavily discount things for a particularly age group or market.

Another solution is to pay everyone a wage that needs no government help and a wage that allows them to get a healthy work pension on top of a healthy state pension.

Do that and no discounts are required as everyone in society is getting paid enough not only to survive but to  live.

People then spend that money and it is recycled.

You could argue that offering discounts is putting out fires as they happen, but not dealing with what is causing the fires.

ofc, in the current climate oaps should get a discount , but in the bigger picture if you have to give a discount to a segment of society in the first place , then there is a bigger problem.

Also, many pensioners are cash rich, many working folk are cash poor. More and more.

The rich folk are getting a discount and the poorer ones are not in some cases.

Is that fair?

Also, please play the ball and not the man.

Anyway pm me or we can take this to the shed, unsure if my "more SNP nonsense " thread is still about, it was for about a year or so. 

In the current climate we should offer a oap discount.

My fault for going of content.

jambos are go!

I get the discount but more than make up for it through  other donations. As well as twenty quid to FOH I contribute to the rip off monthly RAFFLE and buy tickets for games I don't attend. Bought the rip off ST price promise knowing it was a rotten deal. Gave 500 quid in our darkest hour. All because I can afford it and to support other pensioners who can't.

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Seems not 😕

Don’t want to drag it further off topic, so I’ll not get any more involved than I have already. Suffice to say I strongly disagree with his outlook.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm old enough to remember when clubs used to cancel the boys and OAP gates for big matches.

It caused no end of resentment and meant that myself and other kids of the time didn't get to go to the big matches as dad's couldn't afford to pay full prices for kids.

Do you want the present day Hearts to be copying the miserable old duffers that used to run us back in those days ?

nah not just now.

Maybe one day when our pension isn't the2nd worse in the EU and pensioners get paid a fair wedge every club can do this and every auld codger will have plenty cash.

We can dream.

I worked from the age of 15 until retiring at 66.I pay television licence and full council tax.Now I receive a discount on my st.Give me back 30 years of my life and I'll pay full st price with pleasure.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Seems not 😕

I was, but the debate has opened up, and once opened up the issue isn't as black/ white imo.

For clarification, we should not end the discount scheme.

1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I know but Olly was making out we are all minted and can afford to pay full price.

Forget it . I reckon ALL our senior citizens fans should be entitled to afford to come to the games.

Thankfully the present administration at Tynecastle would never even consider shafting the OAP's and bairns and disabled.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, norrie1952 said:

I worked from the age of 15 until retiring at 66.I pay television licence and full council tax.Now I receive a discount on my st.Give me back 30 years of my life and I'll pay full st price with pleasure.

If you where in some other eu countries you'd have a weekly state pension of £250+, no need for discounts, you'd be loaded!

Sweden can give you £25k a year.

Also, retiring at 66 is a thing of the past unless you have a healthy private pension, some of the younger mob are going to 70 and the triple lock will also likely be gone if we leave the EU.

Our state pension is below Mexico and Chile. Think about that.

Just a thought. Again, there are bigger things at play

scott herbertson

Another factor which needs to be considered is that for many OAPs getting along to the games is harder and harder work physically and mentally. The temptation to stay indoors and follow the games online or on tv is greater as you get older. Hence there is a regular drop off (over and above those that die) of older season ticket holders. You could see the OAP concession as an incentive to stay. I also suspect you will find a fair proportion of OAP STs will not attend the night games.

My post is in no way motivated by reaching the concession rate oin a few years time, honest...

Bazzas right boot
Just now, scott herbertson said:

Another factor which needs to be considered is that for many OAPs getting along to the games is harder and harder work physically and mentally. The temptation to stay indoors and follow the games online or on tv is greater as you get older. Hence there is a regular drop off (over and above those that die) of older season ticket holders. You could see the OAP concession as an incentive to stay. I also suspect you will find a fair proportion of OAP STs will not attend the night games.

My post is in no way motivated by reaching the concession rate oin a few years time, honest...

Also why free travel is important, very important for some. Keeps them active and in the community.

scott herbertson
26 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Also why free travel is important, very important for some. Keeps them active and in the community.

Indeed - I doubt if I would have bought a season ticket if I had to pay £11.80 return for the train each time (Bus is free)

51 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Was that before all-seated and segregation?

51 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Serious question, is that because it is means tested and someone has decided they have enough and don't need it?

Having typed that I'm now thinking it could be that they haven't enough contributions built up.  :unsure: 

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Serious question, is that because it is means tested and someone has decided they have enough and don't need it?

Having typed that I'm now thinking it could be that they haven't enough contributions built up.  :unsure: 

means tested based on savings and income

8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

means tested based on savings and income

Then surely OLLB has a point about restricting it to the ones that qualify for pension credit?

Christ am I turning into a Tory as well?  :( 

47 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If you where in some other eu countries you'd have a weekly state pension of £250+, no need for discounts, you'd be loaded!

Sweden can give you £25k a year.

Also, retiring at 66 is a thing of the past unless you have a healthy private pension, some of the younger mob are going to 70 and the triple lock will also likely be gone if we leave the EU.

Our state pension is below Mexico and Chile. Think about that.

Just a thought. Again, there are bigger things at play

Exactly.

Uk pensions are amongst the lowest in the developed world so any benefits to those entitled to them are surely welcome.

I am sure there are plenty of Senior Citizens who either take or encourage much younger family members to buy season tickets or attend as many games as possible.

Put them off and it might discourage the continuation of this.

scott herbertson
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Then surely OLLB has a point about restricting it to the ones that qualify for pension credit?

Christ am I turning into a Tory as well?  :( 

Depends if you think pension credit is a good idea or not I guess (I don't though I am far from a tory). If someone is marginally above pension credit and goes to the games with someone who just qualifies you would have an unfair scenario I think. 

I agree with Olly re higher pensions but I would balance that out with higher taxes on spending (eg VAT) so the money recycles back into the economy and those who maage teir money well have some reward for that

Bazzas right boot
Just now, PTBCAL said:

FFS can we stick to how many sold and if the shop is open today 😀

Quite, the discussion is for the shed. 

My fault, tho, appoligies. 

Stick to football talk,  I generally avoid shed talk, my fault. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly.

Uk pensions are amongst the lowest in the developed world so any benefits to those entitled to them are surely welcome.

I am sure there are plenty of Senior Citizens who either take or encourage much younger family members to buy season tickets or attend as many games as possible.

Put them off and it might discourage the continuation of this.

Or increase the state pension. 

Bigger picture? 

33 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Or increase the state pension. 

Bigger picture? 

No chance of that happening other than matching RPI. Certainly no way that we will ever catch up with the rest of the EU nations especially after Brexit.

Boris will be trying to do away with them rather than increase them so he can fund the tax cuts he promised or was that just another lie? :lol:

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No chance of that happening other than matching RPI. Certainly no way that we will ever catch up with the rest of the EU nations especially after Brexit.

Boris will be trying to do away with them rather than increase them so he can fund the tax cuts he promised or was that just another lie? :lol:

yip, exactly my point!

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

They are, due to the shitty pension. fix that and wallaaa! Also, working families are also skint, not just oaps.

It should be made a criminal offence to post the non-word "wallaaa" or any similarly spelled nonsense, on the Internet, with an automatic £50k fine for each offence. The money raised could be used to significantly boost the state pension. 

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It should be made a criminal offence to post the non-word "wallaaa" or any similarly spelled nonsense, on the Internet, with an automatic £50k fine for each offence. The money raised could be used to significantly boost the state pension. 

Can we also include fines for tossers who have decided that's its big/cool to use the fabricated word 'gotten'?   Feckin boils my piss

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Can we also include fines for tossers who have decided that's its big/cool to use the fabricated word 'gotten'?   Feckin boils my piss

What’s wrong with gotten? 🤷🏻‍♂️

davemclaren
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Indeed - I doubt if I would have bought a season ticket if I had to pay £11.80 return for the train each time (Bus is free)

Cheapskate. 😎

Fort Vallance

Irony. I go to the games with my grandson. I said to him, Another year and I'll be 65 and looking forward to my ST reduced. He reminded me he'll be 16 around the same time. Swings and roundabouts.  

davemclaren

Anyway. If you want to start a thread on Season ticket pricing structures feel free. I think we have covered it enough here. 

FarmerTweedy
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Anyway. If you want to start a thread on Season ticket pricing structures feel free. I think we have covered it enough here. 

Well said. Let's get this thread back to the proper topic of slagging off Craig Levein! 😉

davemclaren
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Well said. Let's get this thread back to the proper topic of slagging off Craig Levein! 😉

:notsure:

scott herbertson

From Hibs Net:

"17th of July 2018 we'd sold 13.1k
17th of July 2019 we'd sold 12.3k

think we had 13.4k by kick off last year"

I'm not convinced the last statement is accurate but anyway, they seem to be a little behind us at the moment, and Flash Gordon and Feckingheck! are not enthusing them much atm so i suspect it will stay that way

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I hink the triple lock still applies but, you're right, that could well go to fund the tax cuts - if he remembers he said that to the blue rinse brigade.

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

From Hibs Net:

"17th of July 2018 we'd sold 13.1k
17th of July 2019 we'd sold 12.3k

think we had 13.4k by kick off last year"

I'm not convinced the last statement is accurate but anyway, they seem to be a little behind us at the moment, and Flash Gordon and Feckingheck! are not enthusing them much atm so i suspect it will stay that way

They regularly have higher ST sales and average gates than us.

If you count once every 20 years or so regular 😂

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

What’s wrong with gotten? 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, poultry said:

I've forgotten. 

Because got and gotten mean the same thing, gotten is an American word and most of us aren't American. It means the same but has three more unnecessary letters, wastes typing time and effort. it's not as bad as 'of' instead of 'have' though.