Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I still think the single seats are a problem as well, not many pairs left in the 3 stands. 

More so as if folk renew, the single seats are still an issue season after season. 

They need to just manually scoot people over a seat or two in order to create new paired or more ticket clumps. It's work but useful work.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I still think the single seats are a problem as well, not many pairs left in the 3 stands. 

More so as if folk renew, the single seats are still an issue season after season. 

Just now, Justin Z said:

They need to just manually scoot people over a seat or two in order to create new paired or more ticket clumps. It's work but useful work.

I do agree - it might need a wee bit of snazzy progamming but surely it is possible for next year to have the system not allow you to leave a single seat except at the sides until there are no pairs available.? ie you wouldn't be able to buy one in the middle of three which were available?

37 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

As my neighbour used to say ‘away and boil yer heid you slavering shite’ - and that’s the toned down version 

EGDmCdR.gif

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I do agree - it might need a wee bit of snazzy progamming but surely it is possible for next year to have the system not allow you to leave a single seat except at the sides until there are no pairs available.? ie you wouldn't be able to buy one in the middle of three which were available?

Pretty basic you'd have thought 

In theory, if everyone renews then it's hard to grow your numbers as it's almost all single seats that would be available. 

Pretty much rules out a family. 

Mates might just split up but you can't fire your 8 year old son 30 seats away from you. 🙄

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

In theory, if everyone renews then it's hard to grow your numbers as it's almost all single seats that would be available. 

Mates might just split up but you can't fire your 8 year old son 30 seats away from you. 🙄

Tempting though....

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not sure the relevance of the self satisfied, smug smile tbh. In July 2017 we announced that sales were 300 short of 14k, being the record total from 16/17. AB's target in 2017 was to increase the ST base to 14.2k. I'm sure she will feel that losing circa 1k ST holders since she appointed Levein, was not part of the business plan. Sales are certainly higher than I, and others, expected, and that is all credit to those who renew, but our potential is not being realised . When a new manager, from outwith the club, is appointed, the ST base will start to increase.

Enzo, we know you hate Levein with a passion but you’re not taking all factors for the anticipated drop into account. 

One big big thing you’ve conveniently ignored to suit your agenda is that season ticket holders from the old stand could renew in the new stand with no increase. This has been staggered but now I think they have to pay full whack which is a big increase. 

Although sales are down, our income is up and that must be a positive. At least for Hearts fans without a burning hatred for the manager.  

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Tempting though....

There's your chocolate and juice, see you in two hours. 😂

scott herbertson

Not sure the relevance of the self satisfied, smug smile tbh. In July 2017 we announced that sales were 300 short of 14k, being the record total from 16/17. AB's target in 2017 was to increase the ST base to 14.2k. I'm sure she will feel that losing circa 1k ST holders since she appointed Levein, was not part of the business plan. Sales are certainly higher than I, and others, expected, and that is all credit to those who renew, but our potential is not being realised . When a new manager, from outwith the club, is appointed, the ST base will start to increase.

I thought we were comparing to last year though? You've moved the goalposts.

I do agree though that we would have wanted more, and we surely would have had more had we not fallen away on the pitch once the injuries kicked in. However, around 13,000 is a great base, and more than almost everyone (including happy clappers like me) were predicting.

So can't we just be happy about that and get back to this being a thread about counting the seats sold, not how many might or should have been sold?

YouLetYourClubDie
2 hours ago, EH11 said:

What a positive number in light of the indifferent season we had.  Forget those who said the numbers would be down, the continued backing by the fans is the real story.

Great username btw 👍

We are one of the few teams in Scotland whose fans stick by the team through thick and thin. It is sad that other fans think thousands of fans will not renew after a few average seasons. It is sort of chat you expect from Hibees.

Cheers mate 👍

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Spot on.

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

wrong thread.

It's surely in the Forum rules that none too subtle digs at hibs are permissible on any thread

If only there was a decent mod around to clarify

😼

Edited by scott herbertson

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I thought we were comparing to last year though? You've moved the goalposts.

I do agree though that we would have wanted more, and we surely would have had more had we not fallen away on the pitch once the injuries kicked in. However, around 13,000 is a great base, and more than almost everyone (including happy clappers like me) were predicting.

So can't we just be happy about that and get back to this being a thread about counting the seats sold, not how many might or should have been sold?

Positive news about Hearts does not make Enzo happy. He needs to find a negative angle in everything.

Enzo Chiefo
52 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Positive news about Hearts does not make Enzo happy. He needs to find a negative angle in everything.

People who quote one of my, and others posts, from about 3 months ago, with a smarmy, self satisfied, smug attachment, shouldn't be surprised when actual facts are presented to them. I have already stated that sales have been surprisingly high, but the 1k + drop since the new stand opened will certainly concern AB, even if it doesn't cut any ice with you.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

People who quote one of my, and others posts, from about 3 months ago, with a hilarious emoticon of Greggy, shouldn't be surprised when I flail, shift the goalposts, and can't admit to having been utterly wrong. I'm have already stated the 1k + drop since the new stand opened wasn't also evident last year, even though it was, then I made a claim that sales would drop substantially more this year which has proven as factually incorrect as possible, but my inflated self importance can't bear to acknowledge how certifiable my prediction was, nor did it prevent me from shitting all over a thread about season tickets with endless sack Levein diarrhea while making that prediction.

Tidied this up a bit. With actual facts.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

When a new manager, from outwith the club, is appointed, the ST base will start to increase.

That's not what happened with Hibs. Was down on the same time last year I think read at end June, despite the new manager apparently having a good end to the season.

We're a team that can always pull a good season out of the hat no matter who the manager is and no matter how we did the previous season. That's why people keep coming back. No-one wants to miss that good season.

Enzo Chiefo
55 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Tidied this up a bit. With actual facts.

Very modern. Fake news. If you don't like the facts, just doctor them to suit your agenda. Desperate stuff to be honest when you should be out looking for the missing 1k ST holders.

Enzo Chiefo
44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's not what happened with Hibs. Was down on the same time last year I think read at end June, despite the new manager apparently having a good end to the season.

We're a team that can always pull a good season out of the hat no matter who the manager is and no matter how we did the previous season. That's why people keep coming back. No-one wants to miss that good season.

People come back so they can meet their mates for a beer on a Saturday afternoon. It certainly isn't to watch any team that Levein puts out. The good seasons coincide, historically, with periods when he is nowhere near our club. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

People come back so they can meet their mates for a beer on a Saturday afternoon. It certainly isn't to watch any team that Levein puts out. The good seasons coincide, historically, with periods when he is nowhere near our club. 

Jings. A lot* of Hearts fans will completely disagree with you. Craig Levein. Part of the 85/86 team. More than that, one of the people who helped drag the club back from the depths in the early 80s. That's twice he's done that now by the way. Mainstay of our all-conquering Tennents Sixes team. Ever present in our record 22 in a row derby run. Virtually unbeatable in derbies with him as player and manager. Part of the team that was within a post's width of getting to a UEFA Cup semi final. Manager for the one and only time we qualified for the Europa League group stages. The only Hearts manager in recent memory to make us best of the rest twice in a row. DoF when we escaped admin and won the championship and got into Europe within 2 seasons. 

*All

Edited by ToqueJambo

i wish jj was my dad
26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aye. People shell out up to £500 to meet up with their mates for a beer. 

:cornette:

Very modern. Fake news. If you don't like the facts, just doctor them to suit your agenda. Desperate stuff to be honest when you should be out looking for the missing 1k ST holders.

You've already made an idiot of yourself a number of times on this thread and now you're latching on to this  1k down as a comfort blanket over and over again . 

Lets just wait until the season starts and see where the numbers are and even that may not  be that relevant if revenue is up . 

Edited by ramrod

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Tbf I shell that out for female company. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

It's surely in the Forum rules that none too subtle digs at hibs are permissible on any thread

If only there was a decent mod around to clarify

😼

Only subtle digs at Hearts and less subtle ones at at cl aloud around these here parts. 

Alex Kintner

The good seasons coincide, historically, with periods when he is nowhere near our club. 

Utter drivel. Thanks for clarifying once and for all that you are blinded by your hatred of Levein.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbdHR1NR0jFp6d78o8hpk

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

EA2E2098-C761-43E2-B4B3-742E1C29B4F8.jpeg

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Bazzas right boot

Aye, all shite when he's about. 

Rebuilding the whole club and pissing the championship over rangers and Hibs was shite. 

22 in a row was shite 

Being a league challenger was shite. 

Beating teams like bayerm, a Madrid were shite. 

Getting to the europa league stages is shite. 

Even last years start and making our first final in 6 years was shite. 

2x 3rd place finishes was shite. 

The 4-0 win v celtic was particularly shite. Hated that game. 

All shite. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

41 minutes ago, sam? said:

Could be turned round and say he bottled it at dens in 86 as a player still hurts a lot of fans.

That’s horrendous stuff. Genuinely, coming out with stuff like that is actually really really poor stuff. 

Heartsofgold

When I started this thread it was as a rallying call and it still is. 

For those how didn’t/will not renew until Levein is gone then what the hell is wrong with you?!?!?  As I stated you buy to support the club not the manager. Levein is in situ and will not be moving oh and by the way, I was the one who started the ‘Levein’s time is up’ thread back in February so I’m not his biggest fan. 

We we have had some truly awful managers but the team and club are always there. For the love of **** we were at a cup final and semi final last year. We came very close in the final and ran the best team in the country, with a budget 5/6 times of ours, very close and only lost to cheating bar stewards dive and 1 switch off in concentration over 90 minutes. 

If you want to progress then the club needs your hard earned. 

The Treasurer
14 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'm sure some people would be happy to move along one or two seats in order to make more blocks of seats available.

Maybe something the club could look at for next season

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:greggy:

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbf I shell that out for female company. 

😐

EGDmCdR.gif

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

😐

EGDmCdR.gif

And the worst thing is, I'm married to her. 😭

5 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

When I started this thread it was as a rallying call and it still is. 

For those how didn’t/will not renew until Levein is gone then what the hell is wrong with you?!?!?  As I stated you buy to support the club not the manager. Levein is in situ and will not be moving oh and by the way, I was the one who started the ‘Levein’s time is up’ thread back in February so I’m not his biggest fan. 

We we have had some truly awful managers but the team and club are always there. For the love of **** we were at a cup final and semi final last year. We came very close in the final and ran the best team in the country, with a budget 5/6 times of ours, very close and only lost to cheating bar stewards dive and 1 switch off in concentration over 90 minutes. 

If you want to progress then the club needs your hard earned. 

Looks like it's all out attacking football this season. 

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Missing 1000 ST holders.  Another made up fact. 

Scary that the demons sell more than all the other clubs put together, bar sevco.

Something to throw into the mix in the Euro threads when people say they don’t want them, and others, to win as they would earn more money !

In the demons’ case, that argument amounts to **** all !

They make those millions anyway.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Ross County's sales are pretty good.

Hamilton and Livingston though :facepalm:

Agreed ! Disappointing killie sales aswell considering last couple years there

11 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Ross County's sales are pretty good.

Hamilton and Livingston though :facepalm:

Dingwall only has a population of about 5.5k so to sell 3.1k is absolutely amazing.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Dingwall only has a population of about 5.5k so to sell 3.1k is absolutely amazing.

I think they have a wider pull than just Dingwall. Excellent sales though. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Missing 1000 ST holders.  Another made up fact. 

14000 - 13000 = 1000.  ( subject to distortion by a handful of JKB posters)

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

14000 - 13000 = 1000.  ( subject to distortion by a handful of JKB posters)

We sold 14k season tickets on 29th November 2017:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/over-14-000-season-tickets-sold

in July that year, we had sold 13,700:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/amp/2017/07/hearts-close-in-on-14000-season-ticket-sales/

sandylejambo
10 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

TBF, I shelled out so I could see my son and grandson on a regular basis where my wife cant arrange other things for me to do, Leviens teams are a bit of a bore

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Correct. I mentioned the 27 July figure in my earlier post. So, you agree that 13.7 - 12.7 (19 July) is a like for like decrease of 1k?  There isn't really that much to disagree with, however hard you try. We sold a few hundred more, after 27 July 2017 and will probably do the same again this year.