Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The op having a go at speculation on season ticket sales by further speculating.....

This. No new facts.

Renew and support the club.

Ann Budge is not blind to our performances, she's at every game!!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

The two of us who go together have both renewed.

It's become a habit for a lot of people, and a bad run hasn't put us off.

Heartsofgold
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This. No new facts.

Renew and support the club.

Ann Budge is not blind to our performances, she's at every game!!

And equally she will not be deaf to our disapproval with being at the games.

The Internet

This is probably one of those things that's been asked and answered 10000 times but do we get new cards this year? 

We will find out soon enough. I expect CL to be here next season. I also expect the ST numbers will be around the same as this season if we win the Cup. Down a bit if we don’t. Not enough for AB to make a change of manager.

Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

This is probably one of those things that's been asked and answered 10000 times but do we get new cards this year? 

Well, I got 3 new cards a out of 5 but that was probably as I had to renew them via the ticket office due to online issues.  The guy in the office said that the other 2 should not be re-issued.

The Mercer Takeover
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

"Get rid of" without an alternative is no solution to anything. Typical knee jerk fan response when your team is not playing well.

Knee-jerk reaction..... You can't have watched us too many times over the last 6 months. I would like to remind you that we only took around 350 supporters up to Aberdeen last week. if this isn't a major warning over the apathy that lies ahead, I don't know what is.

I would rather have JKB pick the team, rather than our current managerial charlatan.

Personally, I determined to hold out until Levein and coaching staff are removed before getting season tickets and I know a few others saying the same. I'm pretty sure most will renew but Levein at the club for next season, simply isn't an option for some.

If Levein would state he is leaving the club after the final, it might just be the edge the players need to give them a shot of Heart of Midlothian immortality on the 25th.  

JamboGraham

I often wonder if many of us, especially me, read too much into season tickets? Of course they are vitally important but they seem to have taken on a new meaning in recent seasons. First they were generally a badge of honour and now increasingly they are being billed as a personal referendum between individual supporter and the club.

Ultimately though a season ticket is simply a way of buying discounted entry to Tynecastle by paying up front. This season many will renew and many won't renew, some will purchase for the first time and others will have purchased for the last time. So far so same as every other season.

The question as ever comes down to the what type of sales are expected, hoped for, budgeted, etc. (all of these can be very different figures). We simply don't know how the board will react to variations.

I'm not for a moment saying that I don't believe the rumours of low sales, quite the opposite in fact. I can include myself in the group that has yet to renew. Why would I pay early for something that I don't need until August when there is no downside to doing so? Why would I pay all upfront when I have no idea of what type of finance offer might be available? I also discussed in great detail with the person that I attend matches with about sharing a ticket as between us we miss a number of matches each season; buy one between us and spot buy for matches when we are both going? Only half of our ST matches this year were Saturday afternoon matches and with the extra capacity the risk of missing out is minimal?

In the recent seasons we have moved up and down between 13k and 14k ST holders. Movement of about 7-8%. Right now we are just over 13k. So 7-8% movement isn't unprecedented.

I suppose what I am saying is 'renew' or 'don't renew', 'buy' or 'don't buy'. It's a personal choice for all us for many different reasons, it's certainly not a cause or a movement. Reduced season ticket holder numbers is not a guarantee of change or improvement, nor is increased season ticket holders a guarantee of change or improvement. We all make the choice that is right for us, if you feel uncomfortable with your choice then perhaps you are making the wrong one?

Mister Dee

I opted out of getting a season ticket last year, for several reasons -the main one being that I dreaded going to the games. The mind numbing football/tactics was just too much. 

I've had a ST for about 25 of the last 33 years, but I won't go along blindly.

Still make my monthly contribution to the FOH, and attend the odd game, but definitely no ST until I see a marked improvement in the entertainment. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It’s been general sale the the whole  time mate. The only restriction is that you can’t buy a seat that belonged to season ticket holder

over the 2018/19 season.

Well i am a stupid.... 

to be fair every link i try and go and look at tickets either on internet explorer or chrome whether that be on my phone or on a desktop pc have all said 

Bad Request

HTTP Error 400. The request is badly formed

when i have tried to click on the link on the website! 

will keep trying though if not ill phone the ticket office. 

cheers

9 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Knee-jerk reaction..... You can't have watched us too many times over the last 6 months. I would like to remind you that we only took around 350 supporters up to Aberdeen last week. if this isn't a major warning over the apathy that lies ahead, I don't know what is.

I would rather have JKB pick the team, rather than our current managerial charlatan.

Personally, I determined to hold out until Levein and coaching staff are removed before getting season tickets and I know a few others saying the same. I'm pretty sure most will renew but Levein at the club for next season, simply isn't an option for some.

If Levein would state he is leaving the club after the final, it might just be the edge the players need to give them a shot of Heart of Midlothian immortality on the 25th.  

:rofl:

Must try harder.

The Internet
17 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Well, I got 3 new cards a out of 5 but that was probably as I had to renew them via the ticket office due to online issues.  The guy in the office said that the other 2 should not be re-issued.

Cheers ?

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

"Get rid of" without an alternative is no solution to anything. Typical knee jerk fan response when your team is not playing well.

you can't approach another manager while Levein is still Hearts manager silly.

You can have an idea of who you want but after you see the high calibre of 

candidates who would want the Hearts job it would change when there is 

a vacancy.

We re-newed reluctantly last season as the football was dire to watch. This season we are not re-newing but will still go to specific games. I have had season tickets since the 80s and only a couple of seasons here and there I didn't re-new throughout these decades, purely because the entertainment value was almost zilch. The last few years we've had category B tickets and that suits us fine as games against the bigot brothers and Hibs are on tv. This season hasn't been any better than the previous three and under the same football philosophy that Levein presides over therefore we'll re-new as and when change takes place. Hearts have wasted thousands and thousands on mediocrity during this time, over 70 players, hardly any making much impact. Long contracts to the likes of Martin and Sammon, a player incidentally that i couldn't believe we would even sign at the time as he is such a terrible player, I was fuming as were many others, knowing he would be shit but just hoping it might work.

Not re-newing season tickets won't make much impact on the poor quality we waste money on. In fact, maybe if there was less of a budget we wouldn't be so ready to sign more rubbish and concentrate on bringing in players that are ready and fit to play games each week, no more Ryan Edwards types or Vanacek and Wightons of this world. Other clubs with similar wage-bills (give or take) have proved there are players out there ready, willing and able to make an impact, we don't sign them but sign players with injury history, projects, never has beens or never will be's.

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

a vacancy.

There's also the fact that CL is a sitting director of the club and would be involved in any managerial recruitment that goes on, unless he were to step down from the board position at the same time as leaving the managers job.

28 minutes ago, Boab said:

We will find out soon enough. I expect CL to be here next season. I also expect the ST numbers will be around the same as this season if we win the Cup. Down a bit if we don’t. Not enough for AB to make a change of manager.

WHAT !!:F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

There's also the fact that CL is a sitting director of the club and would be involved in any managerial recruitment that goes on, unless he were to step down from the board position at the same time as leaving the managers job.

And this is another problem. Levein wouldn't take anyone on as manager unless they were willing to go along with his system, not many would as they would want their own coaches and training methods, not his. And why should they? It's not been working.

30 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I often wonder if many of us, especially me, read too much into season tickets? Of course they are vitally important but they seem to have taken on a new meaning in recent seasons. First they were generally a badge of honour and now increasingly they are being billed as a personal referendum between individual supporter and the club.

Ultimately though a season ticket is simply a way of buying discounted entry to Tynecastle by paying up front. This season many will renew and many won't renew, some will purchase for the first time and others will have purchased for the last time. So far so same as every other season.

The question as ever comes down to the what type of sales are expected, hoped for, budgeted, etc. (all of these can be very different figures). We simply don't know how the board will react to variations.

I'm not for a moment saying that I don't believe the rumours of low sales, quite the opposite in fact. I can include myself in the group that has yet to renew. Why would I pay early for something that I don't need until August when there is no downside to doing so? Why would I pay all upfront when I have no idea of what type of finance offer might be available? I also discussed in great detail with the person that I attend matches with about sharing a ticket as between us we miss a number of matches each season; buy one between us and spot buy for matches when we are both going? Only half of our ST matches this year were Saturday afternoon matches and with the extra capacity the risk of missing out is minimal?

In the recent seasons we have moved up and down between 13k and 14k ST holders. Movement of about 7-8%. Right now we are just over 13k. So 7-8% movement isn't unprecedented.

I suppose what I am saying is 'renew' or 'don't renew', 'buy' or 'don't buy'. It's a personal choice for all us for many different reasons, it's certainly not a cause or a movement. Reduced season ticket holder numbers is not a guarantee of change or improvement, nor is increased season ticket holders a guarantee of change or improvement. We all make the choice that is right for us, if you feel uncomfortable with your choice then perhaps you are making the wrong one?

Really measured post mate, it's a personal choice and I would never criticise someone for not buying a season ticket. I didn't have one for several years when my children were younger as my weekends were 100% about them. 

I do think they are the biggest factor in budgeting so the club will be keeping a close eye on numbers when the finance option kicks in. If they were alarmingly low that could be a catalyst for change. 

Bad Religion
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

The trouble is we are ment to be an open club but with thousands of Hearts fans unhappy and want Levein & his Bootroom gone Ann Budge stays silent. Not a word about the future and I'd also like to know what is the difference between Levein and Cathro. Maybe Ann needs to sit in the Wheatfield to understand the anger of what the fans feel about what goes on on the pitch.

Two words.

3 hours ago, kila said:

Meh, club has enough of my money already (I have already renewed).

Fed up of my ST money being pissed away on either pish players or for Levein to fall out with them and never play them.

If we had finished higher up the table there'd be more money from that alone... but no, instead it is the fans fault this time around for not renewing STs to watch more boring shite!

I've renewed too. Tend to agree though.

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

7 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

You see this should never of been allowed by Ann Budge, how can you have a Director who 

is also your Manager it's madness. If Levein stays as a Director how can we trust him to 

be unbiased and he would be able to reject candidates that could be good for the team but

bad for him and his Bootroom. I believe a Hearts Manager should only be responsible to the 

CEO and not a DOF. A DOF or similar should be accountable to the Manager and assisting 

him with the contracts, academy, organising travel, scouts ect. 

8 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Two words.

Not in Liverpool my friend where Levein got the idea.

grumpyespana
3 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Season tickets sales will go up when Craig steps down and we bring in an inspiring appointment to replace home.

Only then

What if it's another cathro type manager that come in what next then guys.

2 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

I'm one of those waiting on the release of the finance details.  The quality on offer has been really poor for the majority of the last few months but I'll be back refreshed and ready to go next season whether Levein is in charge or not.  Going along to the games with my brother and uncle is something I've done for as long as I can remember so I don't intend to stop anytime soon.

This for me too. Wish they’d hurry up

10 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

The notion of appointing a young progressive coach like Cathro was a good one and I loved our ambition. It was just the wrong guy though for whatever reason. The lesson from the Cathro episode is in all probability it would be better to appoint someone with some management experience. 

16 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Cathro was untried. He was a mistake right from the off. When Neilson left, that was the time to bring in an experienced manager. There are, and will be plenty managers out there looking for a club. We need to find the right one, just like Killie did when they got rid of Lee McCulloch or even Hibs, when they knew the Lennon tenure was getting stale. My problem in finding the right one is that if Levein stays on as DoF then he will only want someone who is willing to work under his system, a system that hasn't worked since 2016. And what manager in his right mind would want that hanging over him? If it is the case that Levein would be the one searching then we'd be as well just to stay as we are and carry on in mid-table obscurity.

Edited by jambonian

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, aam025 said:

My Dad and I renewed ours. After a long think about it I decided that as a supporter you’ve to take the rough with the smooth. I’m not going to forget that Hearts have given me some of the best days/weekends/years of my life, just because I don’t like the manager, the players or the way they are playing. 

I laugh at Hibs fans when they disappear when things aren’t going good, that’s not going to be me. Hearts don’t do dressing as seats

Very well said Sir

Bad Religion
18 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Not in Liverpool my friend where Levein got the idea.

Even Scousers spell it correctly.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I actually upgraded my seat and paid more for next season so theres that.

This is the first sign of any speculation so think the OP has just fuelled it further.

Where have you moved to?

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

a vacancy.

Tommy ****ing McLean was approached while big Sandy was in a job, Mr Jim was approached while Csaba was in a job and Mr Sergio was approached while Mr Jim was in a job. 

I suspect Levein will go after the final and if he does I hope the club have already sounded out his replacement. 

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

"Not playing well"  That must be the biggest understatement of the season. We are simply not playing anything. I've seen some poor Hearts teams but this is the most negative and boring football i have ever seen. But if your happy with it go for it.

PHM follow the club through thick and thin and will renew regardless. 

Going by the posts across a spread of threads it looks as though only PHM will populate the home stands next season and that can only be a good thing. 

Folk passing negative comment on how folk spend their hard earned... ? get a grip and some perspective on life I think...

There are many ways you can €£€£ support the club not just through season tickets....

I subscribe to trying to get Miss B awoken from the slumber we are in on the park....a part of me does think the club take our blind loyalty for granted though unfortunately...

The glaring repeated mismanagement of £€£€£ and/or length of contracts to new additions, over a number of seasons now, needs addressed as oppose to questioning fans who are easily the most loyal in Scotland, IMHO....??

2 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

I’d be very surprised if we sell over 10k 

You WILL be ‘very surprised’!!

17 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Tommy ****ing McLean was approached while big Sandy was in a job, Mr Jim was approached while Csaba was in a job and Mr Sergio was approached while Mr Jim was in a job. 

I suspect Levein will go after the final and if he does I hope the club have already sounded out his replacement. 

Oh yes 'Tommy McLean'

A classic example of be careful what you wish for.

McLean was the 1990s version of Steve Clarke.  Got his Motherwell team up to 2nd in the league iirc.

Came to us and was an absolute disaster. First Derby he was in charge and Hibs ended 22 in a row,dire football and emptied out the cup by Airdrie in a shameful SF performance.

Indeed be careful what you wish for.

Cruyff Turn

No one is saying boycott Tynie but I think it’s fair not to renew if you don’t like what’s happening. Those who don’t renew i’d imagine will just pick and choose games, they are still attending, still supporting the club but at the same time are sending a message to the board that change is needed. Can’t see anything wrong with that and it certainly isn’t going to harm the club. 

queensferryjambo

I have renewed and in the same boat as many as I just wouldn't know what to do with myself when football was on otherwise.

People who think they can make a change of team management by not renewing really won't as there are not enough people who won't renew to make an impact.

You want a change in manager then I would suggest the only place you can voice your opinion is at Tynecastle when Hearts are playing. 

Face it when you don't renew and you do want to go to a game someone else will be in your seat and you will be sitting in shit seats.

After the poor run of form the fans need a boost of some kind to rekindle interest in season tickets. Hopefully the outcome of the final provides it.

I see Celtic have a victory parade organised through the city streets an hour or so after the game. Slight touch of arrogance methinks....!

https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-plan-historic-25-may-victory-parade-through-glasgow/

4 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Right.  I've read several posts on various threads about the dire state of our season ticket sales so far and to be honest, I think most of it is speculative shite from people on here.  I may be wrong but that's my opinion.  Some people are saying that we've only sold 4000 season tickets....no chance, that's only just over the capacity of the Roseburn Stand.

I renewed 5 tickets on the 1st day on sale and would do so every season while I can afford to.  I know another 18 supporters who have ALL renewed their tickets for this year, 4 of whom are 100% in the 'Levein oot' camp but they still renewed.  

The club has not announced season ticket sales as yet and, due to the Zebra Finance issue and the subsequent extension of the renewal period, they probably won't announce anything until the 1st/2nd week in June.  I also think that this issue will have stopped several people from renewing in the 1st wave.  For this, and many other reasons, please stop the unfounded and unconfirmed speculation.  It's wearing thin.

Come on folks.  Yes the on field product has been poor for several months but remember the form at the start of the season and how we were all pumped up.  We're at the Scottish Cup Final and reached the league cup semi final this year.  League for has been poor but I really think we have the core of a good team.  A few decent additions and we will be able to get back to where we were at the start of the season.

HOWEVER, the club needs our money to do that!!!  If we as fans don't buy the season tickets then we cannot get better players without over-extending our borrowing facilities again and we all know what happened the last time we did that.  We very nearly didn't have a club to support.  For that reason, I'm asking all fans who want a better on-field produce to stop this crap about not renewing.  We support HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN come thick or thin, not the current manager or players.  Be critical where and when it's due, Christ knows I am, but support the club.

Hopefully rant over but I doubt it...……..

Are you going to continue ranting then? ?

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

a vacancy.

I didn't say you could silly. I wanted him to state who he had in mind silly.

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

There is not really any other way short of protesting in the ground. Fans are not a cash machine for clubs, if people are miserable because the product on show is poor then it's no surprise that they will stop going. To address your other point, can you trust Levein to spend the club's money, he has wasted massive amounts on sub standard no marks. 

People can pontificate about loyalty, Levein's service to Hearts, how they think we are only a couple of players away from being a good team (we're not!) but they need to face up to the reality that this is where the club is and many fans are really unhappy. 

Did you miss the start of the season where our fully fit squad was flying at the top of the league?