• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• maroonnicky63

• Forever Hearts

• Harry Potter

i wish jj was my dad
18 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Definitely good to see him happy and enjoying his football. Good for him. I know you are over there now, so I am sure you know more about the quality of the league than I do.

Have to be honest here, some of that sounds shit. Bits of it sound good, the loud hailers and corteos not so much.

Can I ask though, this singing and chanting etc. I don’t think any Hearts supporter is against that. I don’t think I’ve ever read one thread on here, read one Ann Budge statement, or sat next to one supporter in Tynecastle that was against people singing or chanting. Were the songs at the yank game you went to racist or sectarian?

A lot of the American experience sounds a bit Livingston with a beer added in. Not for me. 

8 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

You should probably check Seattle's colours. 😉

Gid laugh, though. 

Rick-Rolled-Themselves.jpg

Final-01-7.0.0.thumb.jpg.56cc7a4add17cc7aea2f91633ff29739.jpg

Eeek. Not nice is it. A bit Celtic at Love Street in 1986.

Glamorgan Jambo

I'm fairly sure blue and green are the colours of Seattle (the city). They're certainly the colour of the Seahawks (NFL).

Going back to Sam his MLS contract is up in a couple of months time and he probably gave the interview to get himself back in the spotlight. However the Record 'journalist' likely ignored all he had to say about the MLS and how he enjoyed living in the US and just regurgitated the old story about folks shouting at him in Nandos.

It's far from certain his MLS contract will be renewed so I suspect he will be back in Scotland come January.

Craig Gordons Gloves
On 21/07/2019 at 08:25, SpruceBringsteen said:

Aye, don't know if folk think I was being sniffy about MLS but I certainly wasn't - it's just factual (as other posters have said) that it's at best lower SPL/Championship level - albeit with a highly paid superstar in each team.

Can understand where you're coming from with the corteo etc sounding a bit shite and tbh some of the stuff is a bit cringy (the obligatory forced national anthem at every sporting event from the Superbowl to 5 year old kids playing baseball will never not bemuse me) but the enthusiasm of the fans over here is right up there with Germany etc. Folk just need to remember it's not like these teams have been around for 100 odd years, the fans here and their culture will develop along with the game.

Nothing could have prepared me for hearing a boy in the stand irate with the referee yet still calling him "Sir", mind. :laugh:

Completely agree with my learned friend here.  I was a bit patronising at first with MN United and the fans attempts to create fan groups, supporters sections etc but when you realize that it's very different in terms of history and more importantly, lack of baggage then it's actually a really good day out.  Fitba is decent and they look after the fans.  There's also a whole end of their new stadium that's safe standing and it creates a hell of a lot of noise and atmosphere. 

Don't get me wrong, i pine for the days of angrily swearing at every single mistake a Hearts player makes or calling opposition players names etc but the MLS game day experience is pretty good fun and is growing.