Sam Nicholson

Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He might be now, but he was Celtic daft as a kid. 

His family are all Celtic fans.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• maroonnicky63

• Forever Hearts

• Harry Potter

Unknown user
2 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Bloody hell what utter shite , As an  ex professional I have never read so much crap you guys spout on here , don’t listen to all that pish  , levein would never do or say half the shite that you guys come out with, he wants what is best for Hearts and always has done, he is a decent guy  , coming on here making up stories and slating every player who pulls the maroon jersey on. On that note it’s time for me to go , you guys don’t deserve a decent team or players, it’s sad for me as a Jambo to say that. To the  decent  support on here thanks for the chat over the past few years. Maroonnicky63 OUT

Maybe you should have aimed that at someone who wasn't defending Levein nicky. But it's maybe best if you give it a break right enough, you don't seem able to disagree in peace.

rudi must stay
On 15/05/2019 at 14:53, Lambo85 said:

Must be easy to defend against a winger in the modern game then.

Just show him the outside everytime knowing that he will never go there and just cut in.

Hard to do anything v a top winger (Hazard, Sterling) they have you were they like with their footwork

Still plenty good wingers in the game, just not in our slow hoofball league

Nookie Bear
On 15/05/2019 at 14:53, Lambo85 said:

Must be easy to defend against a winger in the modern game then.

Just show him the outside everytime knowing that he will never go there and just cut in.

I just don’t think clubs want players who drift in and out of games like wingers do. 

A skilful player will always find space, but I don’t see players hitting the byline and firing in crosses for a big centre forward anymore. 

132goals1958

Remember the days when Stanley Mathews (The wizard of Dribble) and Tom Finney used to have the full backs on toast.

• 1 month later...
Harry Potter
On 17/05/2019 at 09:15, 132goals1958 said:

Remember the days when Stanley Mathews (The wizard of Dribble) and Tom Finney used to have the full backs on toast.

And Bobby Prentice .

1 hour ago, Papa said:

Just seen him score a cracker for his MLS team on Sky Sports News. Always had that in his locker.

Yeah, Sam was a cracker. A much better option than we currently have, if he did want to come back I'd probably take him tbh I don't see a youth prospect which offers anywhere near the creativity and eye for goal he had. Although tbf Mulraney could be getting close to that if he can improve his end product.

Image result for sam nicholson hibs

The Internet

Look forward to this thread being bumped every time he scores. So two or three times a season. 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Look forward to this thread being bumped every time he scores. So two or three times a season. 

This - he chose to walk away from us and I wasn't impressed with his last season with us.

He chose a very unambitious move that certainly hasn't helped his international prospects.

...a bit disco

"Lookin' baahaack, over my shoulder..."

Cruyff Turn
20 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

"Lookin' baahaack, over my shoulder..."

“I can seeee that look in your eyees” 😄

...a bit disco
33 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

“I can seeee that look in your eyees” 😄

:lol:

On 17/05/2019 at 09:15, 132goals1958 said:

No.

They're irrelevant in the context of modern football.

10 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Still likes a celebration 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still likes a celebration 

Nice pass from Danny Wilson, now plying his trade in midfield 🤔.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

This - he chose to walk away from us and I wasn't impressed with his last season with us.

He chose a very unambitious move that certainly hasn't helped his international prospects.

He's probably having a great time over there, to be fair. Easily good enough for a team like Killie, or D Utd if they come up, if he wants a move back here.

Glamorgan Jambo

Far from certain he'll get another MLS contract when his current one ends. He needs to score a few more goals like this between now and the end of the season to get himself firstly back in the starting line up and secondly in the minds and attention of recruitment directors and head coaches. 

Fozzyonthefence
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's probably having a great time over there, to be fair. Easily good enough for a team like Killie, or D Utd if they come up, if he wants a move back here.

Easily good enough to get a game for us.

SpruceBringsteen

Fair play to him scoring the odd goal in a league about as good as our Championship. 

He’s been away for how long?  Not been a regular starter for any of his clubs over there, scores one goal and now we talk about him!  He's not good enough.

Nelly Terraces

Over in the US on holiday right now & went to the Seattle Sounders  v Atlanta match on Sunday. Absolutely fantastic experience, stadium is the absolute business & the atmosphere was top drawer - they had a march from local park to the game & have a massive singing section with guys in there on platforms with loudhailers who's job it is to whip it up & get folk giving it the large one - which they were only more than willing to do. Everyone standing, singing, massive flags etc & nobody whinging about it like the sad pricks on here. Also get a quality craft beer from numerous outlets & drink at your seat as well as unlimited food choices of course. All in, best day at football in years & beat anything you get over our way outta site - quite laughable to read folks sniffy/shite uninformed opinions on the game & the punters in particular over here. We could learn a few things from them as pisses all over the glum & negative atmos you get in Scotland.

Saw a bit of the Rapids game later when we were in a bar & Sam Nicholson had a decent game all round. The standard is probably about his level, I'd say anywhere between SPL/Championship but with the odd player who are streets ahead of that. Looks like a popular player who's enjoying his time here. Can't say I blame him!

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Over in the US on holiday right now & went to the Seattle Sounders  v Atlanta match on Sunday. Absolutely fantastic experience, stadium is the absolute business & the atmosphere was top drawer - they had a march from local park to the game & have a massive singing section with guys in there on platforms with loudhailers who's job it is to whip it up & get folk giving it the large one - which they were only more than willing to do. Everyone standing, singing, massive flags etc & nobody whinging about it like the sad pricks on here. Also get a quality craft beer from numerous outlets & drink at your seat as well as unlimited food choices of course. All in, best day at football in years & beat anything you get over our way outta site - quite laughable to read folks sniffy/shite uninformed opinions on the game & the punters in particular over here. We could learn a few things from them as pisses all over the glum & negative atmos you get in Scotland.

Saw a bit of the Rapids game later when we were in a bar & Sam Nicholson had a decent game all round. The standard is probably about his level, I'd say anywhere between SPL/Championship but with the odd player who are streets ahead of that. Looks like a popular player who's enjoying his time here. Can't say I blame him!

Bumming up a team in green Nelly. I'm disappointed. :boak::laugh:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Nelly Terraces
5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Bumming up a team in green Nelly. I'm disappointed. :boak::laugh:

Haha. Green & blue actually fella.:laugh: Think if I was gonna pin my colours to any MLS mast it would be Colorado Rapids actually. My good lady & I travelled round that state in 2015 & it's fecking epic. Plus my brother's moving there after 25 years in miserable Missouri so we'll probably be spending quite a bit of time there in future. And they play in maroon so that seals the deal!

Edited by Nelly Terraces

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Haha. Green & blue actually fella.:laugh: Think if I was gonna pin my colours to any MLS mast it would be Colorado Rapids actually. My good lady & I travelled round that state in 2015 & it's fecking epic. Plus my brother's moving there after 25 years in miserable Missouri so we'll probably be spending quite a bit of time there in future. And they play in maroon so that seals the deal!

I should damn well think so!!  :laugh:

Good interview with Sam in the Record today (not sure how to post link)

Talking about standard of life and Football over there.

Big Slim Stylee
On 15/07/2019 at 01:03, SpruceBringsteen said:

Fair play to him scoring the odd goal in a league about as good as our Championship. 

Thats such an ignorant comment.

SpruceBringsteen
42 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Thats such an ignorant comment.

How good do you think the MLS is?

Governor Tarkin
On 16/07/2019 at 16:55, Nelly Terraces said:

No pavement dancing? Sounds shite. :(

Nicholson was like most wingers.  1 or 2 good games in 10.

That's not a dig, just a fact.    

Very direct player - unplayable for those 1 or 2 games and wish him all the best.

Good to see Scots go abroad to play.

Edited by Lovecraft

On 16/07/2019 at 17:55, Nelly Terraces said:

Great post. I hope that you are having a wonderful time. Not jealous, but a wee bit envious. 😉

Bazzas right boot

The matchday experience is something we lack years behind in. 

Even in Bayern, I had beer and food delivered by a big blonde lass without moving. 

The big flags and singing is also great, but I bet there was no hidden meaning behind them. 

They had flags at Bayern too and a section never stopped bouncing, they waved Bayern flags the whole game. 

They never waved, East, west, nazi euro or otherwise flags. 

No Irish, Palisten(sp) , Israel, uj or NI flags either. 

Just Bayern flags, pretty sure no one ever complained about a club waving it's own flags, but you know that. Be great if fans of the Scottish clubs could do that. 

A march to a certain football ground also happens around this time, but again not comparable. 

Sounds good tho, the Americans sure can put on a show. 

The Germans throw in free transpo3aa well, just show your ticket. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

SpruceBringsteen

Can confirm that even in the second and fourth tier of football here the atmosphere/"match day experience" is top notch, with the daft drummer lads etc at both. Rumours that I've started ingratiating myself with Hartford City's Agents of Hale (and access to their bevvy) are unconfirmed. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Even in Bayern, I had beer and food delivered by a big blonde lass without moving. 

The big flags and singing is also great, but I bet there was no hidden meaning behind them. 

They had flags at Bayern too and a section never stopped bouncing, they waved Bayern flags the whole game. 

Just Bayern flags, pretty sure no one ever complained about a club waving it's own flags, but you know that. Be great if fans of the Scottish clubs could do that. 

A march to a certain football ground also happens around this time, but again not comparable. 

How did she deliver it without moving?  Is she bionic?😂.

Harry Potter

Imagine the seeth if someone brought a loudhailer to tynecastle, doubt they would get in with it though.

Not a seethe ... merely a comment ...

At the Angus Beith Testimonial v ICT I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout. It looked like the new stand was pretty much sold-out (no attendance figure announced). 

Come half-time, and after having had now't to eat all day, a pie was my simple wish. The pie-stall was half-shut and the queue was stretching the length of the concourse. Tantalisingly close, and 10 minutes into the 2nd half, they ran out of all hot food. Same story for the cup game v Dun U ... deja-fu**ing-vu!!! So, with that in mind, a quote from above ...

"Even in Bayern, I had beer and food delivered by a big blonde lass without moving."

Personally speaking, I would gladly pay an additional 10% on my season ticket if Hearts could sort out their matchday experience for famished supporters. A simple fix regarding having the foresight to cater for demand and make their service slicker would suffice

But, I'd settle for an additional 20% if they figured out a way to have food delivered a-la Beyern ... 😂😂😂

*** No sexist attitude implied, a wee bald lad could do the same job***

47 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Imagine the seeth if someone brought a loudhailer to tynecastle, doubt they would get in with it though.

" What's that bloody thing doing in here. I can't hear the tumble weed or shout at players over the racket they're making!"

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

They would , if they hid it behind thier pyros & UJ's.😁

Harry Potter
29 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Not a seethe ... merely a comment ...

At the Angus Beith Testimonial v ICT I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout. It looked like the new stand was pretty much sold-out (no attendance figure announced). 

Come half-time, and after having had now't to eat all day, a pie was my simple wish. The pie-stall was half-shut and the queue was stretching the length of the concourse. Tantalisingly close, and 10 minutes into the 2nd half, they ran out of all hot food. Same story for the cup game v Dun U ... deja-fu**ing-vu!!! So, with that in mind, a quote from above ...

"Even in Bayern, I had beer and food delivered by a big blonde lass without moving."

Personally speaking, I would gladly pay an additional 10% on my season ticket if Hearts could sort out their matchday experience for famished supporters. A simple fix regarding having the foresight to cater for demand and make their service slicker would suffice

But, I'd settle for an additional 20% if they figured out a way to have food delivered a-la Beyern ... 😂😂😂

*** No sexist attitude implied, a wee bald lad could do the same job***

Was the blonde lass big as in tall, how did she deliver food without moving.

Finlay James
5 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I think that as a club, we're moving towards a better match day experience but I'm not sure that Scottish football fans will really ever want the bells and whistles and carnival atmosphere, inside our outside the ground.  We're too miserable.  Look at the progress we have made as a club off the pitch in comparison to where we were under Romanov but yet still folk moan.  We just don't appreciate what we have.

Ive been to games abroad and even down south and I've loved how different it is to a match in Scotland and one of the main factors for me is being able to drink alcohol in the ground.  Even when I go to rugby at Murrayfield, being able to take 3-4 bottles in with you to watch the match makes such a difference.  It's the difference between being treated as an adult and being treated like a kid.

gashauskis9
On 14/07/2019 at 11:37, frankblack said:

First paragraph - agree

Second paragraph - disagree.  He got called up by Eck last year, wouldn’t have had a sniff if he was still at Hearts.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Was the blonde lass big as in tall, how did she deliver food without moving.

Good question Harry P. Perhaps Olly Lee's Left Boot can enlighten us. 😉

Rocky jamboa

I went to the baseball in the states a few years ago and totally agree that they put us to shame with their, pre, mid and post match entertainment and experience. 

The make it a big day out as opposed to purely being about the game. 

We could definitely take a leaf out of their book and for not much outlay cost wise.