Aidan White

We_are_the_Hearts

johnthomas
6 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

explain?

The table clearly shows that the Danish league is ranked higher than the SPL, whether its accurate it could come to debate, and maybe not solely based on the style or football ability - but still an official site with accurate data that you cant completely disregard

Read your own post

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Nor does jockeying for position to leave one free to criticise if need be.

Surely nobody is exempt from criticism possibly not even you Al ?

23 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surely nobody is exempt from criticism possibly not even you Al ?

Whether someone is exempt from criticism is a separate matter.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Read your own post

is that it?

Was expecting more thorough than that

What I said makes perfect sense: its an official ranking, whether the football is any better who knows, but the league is ranked higher than SPL

johnthomas
13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

is that it?

Was expecting more thorough than that

What I said makes perfect sense: its an official ranking, whether the football is any better who knows, but the league is ranked higher than SPL

The main point of your post was how well Amankwaa was doing . Except he's not doing well .

You continue to post about the comparative level of the league he is in . 

Best just to stop it 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

The main point of your post was how well Amankwaa was doing . Except he's not doing well .

You continue to post about the comparative level of the league he is in . 

Best just to stop it 

how would you describe him doing well? I didn't necessarily sing his praises saying he was doing amazing - I merely pointed out he's moved up a league and seems to be doing well - or better I should have said.

he's done more in 7 games in a higher league than he did with us - the crux of my entire point was that people on here write players off before they are given a chance. Yes I admit after 7 games it isn't that much, but he has managed 1 goal even if most of the appearances have been as a sub.

My whole point in bringing up Amankwaa was for fans to stop writing players off before they've had a chance to hit the ground running, and given a chance to find their feet again, in Aidy White's example, he hasn't played football in 2 years, due to injury - therefore its not going to be a couple of months to get him up to scratch

that's what I've been trying to say

johnthomas
32 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

how would you describe him doing well? I didn't necessarily sing his praises saying he was doing amazing - I merely pointed out he's moved up a league and seems to be doing well - or better I should have said.

he's done more in 7 games in a higher league than he did with us - the crux of my entire point was that people on here write players off before they are given a chance. Yes I admit after 7 games it isn't that much, but he has managed 1 goal even if most of the appearances have been as a sub.

My whole point in bringing up Amankwaa was for fans to stop writing players off before they've had a chance to hit the ground running, and given a chance to find their feet again, in Aidy White's example, he hasn't played football in 2 years, due to injury - therefore its not going to be a couple of months to get him up to scratch

Fair enough 

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Did Levein not write him off without giving him a run in the team, or not get him fit enough. Are you criticising him too or just fans moaning about him on JKB which has no bearing on whether this guy would succeed with us, that’s on CL.

Pasquale for King

Back on topic, anyone else have a sneaky feeling White might just appear at Hampden on the 25th?

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did Levein not write him off without giving him a run in the team, or not get him fit enough. Are you criticising him too or just fans moaning about him on JKB which has no bearing on whether this guy would succeed with us, that’s on CL.

I remember Craig saying something about he needed further training to get back up to speed

I wasn't criticising Amankwaa I was criticising fans who are too quick to write a player off - Amankwaa may not be the best example as I admit he wasn't amazing but overall, as fans, there needs to stop being a hardened time period that a player has to be playing great football at, before he is written off for good. Its happening too often and players respond to it from the crowds, and feel the negativity towards them building - despite how professional you, that cannot be an easy thing to overcome or deal with whilst trying to play.

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Back on topic, anyone else have a sneaky feeling White might just appear at Hampden on the 25th?

it would certainly be a wild card! He is a decent pedigree, but before I get shot down and destroyed and reminded several bad players we've had were "good pedigree", I wont say much more than that

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

More chance of seeing naisy take to the pitch and I dont think that's likely at all!!

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No.

But he'll play this weekend I think

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I remember Craig saying something about he needed further training to get back up to speed

I wasn't criticising Amankwaa I was criticising fans who are too quick to write a player off - Amankwaa may not be the best example as I admit he wasn't amazing but overall, as fans, there needs to stop being a hardened time period that a player has to be playing great football at, before he is written off for good. Its happening too often and players respond to it from the crowds, and feel the negativity towards them building - despite how professional you, that cannot be an easy thing to overcome or deal with whilst trying to play.

Maybe be it’s happening because the players are either not up to it or the manager has thrown them in too quickly when they’re not ready. Amankwaa/Clare/Wighton/Vanacek were played when they weren’t ready, we can’t afford to do that in the first team, because of other mistakes made. The fans want to see something from players, Ricardo Fuller was awful in his first game but was great after that, fans won’t wait months to see it.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

it would certainly be a wild card! He is a decent pedigree, but before I get shot down and destroyed and reminded several bad players we've had were "good pedigree", I wont say much more than that

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No.

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

More chance of seeing naisy take to the pitch and I dont think that's likely at all!!

Well if he does remember I said it ?.

Pasquale for King
On 15/05/2019 at 15:07, Absolute Scenes said:

Yeah I guess these countries are not followed well, which is annoying as they are rated higher, but we bring in more crowds and support our teams so much more!

It’s hard to tell which league is better as there are not really a direct comparison. Club Coefficient is 18v22 in their favour whereas country coefficient is 10v20 in our favour. 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

No.

Play a stormer, picked for final, pull up at 3.10 on 25 May.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering how far away White is from being involved?

Correct me if I'm wrong, not noticed him involved in pre season ?

I know he's a project but given the injury history times not exactly on his side. Hoped we would maybe of seen a few glimpses of him by now

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I know he's a project but given the injury history times not exactly on his side. Hoped we would maybe of seen a few glimpses of him by now

Not played a game yet but has been involved with the pre-season with the first team

13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not played a game yet but has been involved with the pre-season with the first team

Played any bounce games? If he's not getting minutes in those could still be a long way off first team, if we ever see him(it's a huge ask)

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Played any bounce games? If he's not getting minutes in those could still be a long way off first team, if we ever see him(it's a huge ask)

Not yet, though neither has Halkett or Uche. From Levein's comments he will play on Saturday.

Hungry hippo
40 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

CL said last week that the aim is to give him 45 mins against Glenavon.

Was at gullane with the team and was in the stands today with uche, hallkett, souttar, Walker and cochrane

21 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I expect we’ll see him Halkett Walker and Washington on Saturday 

Is Washington there? He wasn’t on the bench and he wasn’t in the stands with the other “reserves” 

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Is Washington there? He wasn’t on the bench and he wasn’t in the stands with the other “reserves” 

Not sure mate. Thought his deal expired today so may have travelled. 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Quote from Levein tonight after the game.

"The 26-man-squad will now train in Dublin for four days before heading to Belfast to take on Glenavon on Saturday 6th July.

“It’ll be a more experienced side. We’ve got players who are waiting to make their debuts – Jamie Walker, Conor Washington, Craig Halkett.

“They’ll all be involved come the weekend. Uche [Ikpeazu] should be okay to be involved as well. I would certainly say it’ll be a stronger team.”

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Guessing here, but I think he would be registered as of yesterday 1st July and it was said to be "subject to international clearance".  Don't know if this causes any delay.

7 hours ago, graygo said:

"The 26-man-squad will now train in Dublin for four days before heading to Belfast to take on Glenavon on Saturday 6th July.

“It’ll be a more experienced side. We’ve got players who are waiting to make their debuts – Jamie Walker, Conor Washington, Craig Halkett.

“They’ll all be involved come the weekend. Uche [Ikpeazu] should be okay to be involved as well. I would certainly say it’ll be a stronger team.”

Was scratching my head as to who “Uche” was there for a millisecond. Thank goodness they cleared that up.

Shanghai Hearts
55 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Is Souttar with the squad? Didn't see him on the team sheet

Yep he travelled with squad and was amongst those not stripped for action.

11 hours ago, graygo said:

Ah thanks. No clue where he was yesterday. Wasn’t sitting behind the bench, on the bench, or away in the opposite stand with the other reserves. Maybe he took the day to get stuff moved as he knew he wouldn’t be playing.

Finlay James
4 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Sounding pretty promising. If he can reach & maintain fitness I think out LB position could be solved with him & young Hickey. 

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/07/05/hearts-boss-craig-levein-balances-risk-and-reward-with-aidy-white-as-ex-leeds-united-defender-prepares-for-first-appearance-in-30-months/

Good article.  As you say, having the option to rotate two very good left backs is a positive one.

If White works out, he could be a star for us.  Huge gamble due to fitness but knowing that Hickey is behind him makes it one that we can afford to take.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, mre said:

Likely to feature any time soon?

Possibly. Managed 70 mins in one of last weeks closed door games and apparently looked the business. Just more strengthening and conditioning needed. Expect him in first team within 2-4 weeks 

Bazzas right boot
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:19, soonbe110 said:

Possibly. Managed 70 mins in one of last weeks closed door games and apparently looked the business. Just more strengthening and conditioning needed. Expect him in first team within 2-4 weeks 

Promising.

TyphoonJambo
On 27/07/2019 at 22:17, Jambof3tornado said:

No

Based upon what my swing wing, crappy radar never fired a shot in anger friend? You say no and its preceded by Nucky saying yes, who to believe?

Flappy Hands

Christ, I forgot about him. If we can get him playing regularly it will be a bonus.

I think Jamie Walker will play a huge part this season as well, He seems to have been forgotten already!

Edited by Flappy Hands

5 minutes ago, Flappy Hands said:

Christ, I forgot about him. If we can get him playing regularly it will be a bonus.

I think Jamie Walker will play a huge part this season as well, He seems to of been forgotten already!

Oh, come on! I'm not normally one to pick up on folks spelling or grammar, I've grudgingly came to accept that could of and should of aren't going anywhere soon. 

But "seems to of"? That's just taking the piss! I'm sure you're a top bloke but that hurts trying to read that. 

Edited by Normthebarman

Jambof3tornado
41 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Based upon what my swing wing, crappy radar never fired a shot in anger friend? You say no and its preceded by Nucky saying yes, who to believe?

My response was to simply give balance to the forum,. I was hoping the next response was going to be mibbies!!

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Oh, come on! I'm not normally one to pick up on folks spelling or grammar, I've grudgingly came to accept that could of and should of aren't going anywhere soon. 

But "seems to of"? That's just taking the piss! I'm sure you're a top bloke but that hurts trying to read that. 

You try typing with flappy hands!!

Flappy Hands
2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Ken, 

There's a few bad habits i can't seem to get rid of. 

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

My response was to simply give balance to the forum,. I was hoping the next response was going to be mibbies!!

mibbies!! aye, mibbies no!!