Aidan White

We_are_the_Hearts

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

it is facts, still regular football - the fact is he has done more for that club than he did for us because our fans are too impatient with player development

None of what you said is true though. 

He’s not playing in a better league. 

He’s scored one goal. 

He’s not a regular starter. 

:rofl: 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

• Bazzas right boot

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

None of what you said is true though. 

He’s not playing in a better league. 

He’s scored one goal. 

He’s not a regular starter. 

:rofl: 

Danish league is better than Scottish League: FACT

Didn't say starter I said regular football, since he signed for that team

One goal more than he scored here: FACT

Anything else I need to counter? Pi55 off and stop being a TW@

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Danish league is better than Scottish League: FACT

Didn't say starter I said regular football, since he signed for that team

One goal more than he scored here: FACT

Anything else I need to counter? Pi55 off and stop being a TW@

It’s not better. 

He’s a sub. 

Yes he’s scored lots of one goal. 

:lol: 

Stop making stuff up to have a go at the fans. 

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Folk saying we gave up on Amankwaa too soon :rofl: 

Aye he was awful. Although if theres a worst sub of the season it has to go to him in the League Cup Semi Final. I believe he was thrown in to rescue his career and I don't like that sort of management one bit

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Aye he was awful. Although if theres a worst sub of the season it has to go to him in the League Cup Semi Final. I believe he was thrown in to rescue his career and I don't like that sort of management one bit

In fairness to absolute scenes I actually thought he done ok when he came on as sub in the league cup semi. 

7 hours ago, true-jambo said:

He was at the POTY dinner on Sunday night, no idea if that is relevant or not

Tbh he probably had as good a chance as anyone of winning it?

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

in a better, bigger league than ours too

Really! He got plenty of opportunities here and was found wanting.

two starts and a few sub appearances and a solitary goal is little or nothing to go by to make these expansive claims.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

it is facts, still regular football - the fact is he has done more for that club than he did for us because our fans are too impatient with player development

The fans had nothing to do with Amankwa’s failure to make it at Hearts. 

7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

White was originally very well thought of Leeds, as a left back then into a more modern wing back, before really losing his way a bit, becoming a bit of square peg in a round hole.

If he got back to his formative days, he could be very useful for us, but that is a big if. Would do well to keep him out of the spotlight until he has had plenty of game time, preseason

It's a big if though.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

It's a big if though.

Does that mean you wouldn't have signed him

or

it's a chance worth taking?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

or

Not a question to me, I found it strange that an injury riddled position we sign an injured player for the past two years 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

or

Your on a roll tonight Al, somebody must have upset you. I think you make too many assumptions and read too much into what people post.

I have no objections to CL signing the guy but as we all know he is a big risk having not played for two years and we don't know how things will work out for him and us as a club.

That was why I said "it's a big if"  in reply to Sir Gio's post which contained a lot of "if's" nothing more than that Al.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Your on a roll tonight Al, somebody must have upset you. I think you make too many assumptions and read too much into what people post.

I have no objections to CL signing the guy but as we all know he is a big risk having not played for two years and we don't know how things will work out for him and us as a club.

That was why I said "it's a big if"  in reply to Sir Gio's post which contained a lot of "if's" nothing more than that Al.

I'm not asking if you had any objections to CL signing him.

I was asking

Would YOU have signed him?  Yes or No?

The reason I am asking is (if you believe what you read) we have the opportunity to sign a guy way above our level for a problem position and one would assume we have checked out the medical "What Ifs".  I am sure AB and CL will have been astute enough regarding the terms of the contract.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not asking if you had any objections to CL signing him.

I was asking

Would YOU have signed him?  Yes or No?

The reason I am asking is (if you believe what you read) we have the opportunity to sign a guy way above our level for a problem position and one would assume we have checked out the medical "What Ifs".  I am sure AB and CL will have been astute enough regarding the terms of the contract.

Bit of a silly question in my opinion asking if I would have signed him. I am not the Hearts Coach  and I would question based on some of our previous signings the accuracy of your last sentence.

If I were the Hearts Coach I would not have signed a large number of the players that CL has signed but then it is a hypothetical question and hardly appropriate.

I have no idea what sort of deal White is on and as much as I would like him to regain full fitness and turn out to be a great signing for us I would have preferred to see us sign a fit left back who could have slotted into the team much sooner than White.

8 hours ago, Bauld said:

I thought he was here with a view to playing next season not this?

He's not played in 2 years. It's going to be a brutal summer for him before he's ready to play.

Injury relapse half way up the first dune. 

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Bit of a silly question in my opinion asking if I would have signed him. I am not the Hearts Coach  and I would question based on some of our previous signings the accuracy of your last sentence.

If I were the Hearts Coach I would not have signed a large number of the players that CL has signed but then it is a hypothetical question and hardly appropriate.

I have no idea what sort of deal White is on and as much as I would like him to regain full fitness and turn out to be a great signing for us I would have preferred to see us sign a fit left back who could have slotted into the team much sooner than White.

So, from your last sentence that's a "NO"

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Aye will be okay for Final to carry the hampers off bus.

Could help with the Big Flag. 

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Question for you Al. In the modern game the most athletically challenging position is full back as you are expected to track and defend while overlapping when your team attacks. In addition to this the most important part of playing in a back 4 or back 5 is building a relationship so you can act as a unit together.

With these in mind do you think it's worth nursing a player who has played at a superior level back to health when you can't trust him to play every week. If he does get fit he will be back to the Championship for 4 times his wages after a season anyway. 

]#

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Question for you Al. In the modern game the most athletically challenging position is full back as you are expected to track and defend while overlapping when your team attacks. In addition to this the most important part of playing in a back 4 or back 5 is building a relationship so you can act as a unit together.

With these in mind do you think it's worth nursing a player who has played at a superior level back to health when you can't trust him to play every week. If he does get fit he will be back to the Championship for 4 times his wages after a season anyway. 

He isn't playing while he's being "nursed" and I expect he will subject to a full medical examination before the new season begins.  If he fails I'd expect that will be covered within the terms of his contract.  If he passes then we have ourselves a fit LB who reportedly is better than we could normally afford.

Re your last sentence you might be right that he'll be back in the Championship earning 4 times his wages but we could also have a large fee in our back pocket for a player who cost next to nothing.  Good fishing, I'd say!

indianajones
9 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Can you list the 'second chance' players you're referring to? Just wondering

Does Naismith not fall into that category, he's doing ok?!

Obviously Naismith doesn't fall into the category. 

It was well publicised that our signing strategy was to aim for players that are looking to kick start their careers after a stuttering period. This strategy hasnt worked well in my opinion. From the top of my head a few examples would be El Hass and Martin. 

Vanececk was nowhere near the POTY awards 

Must've been the only player not in attendance 

In saying that i had about 40 pints 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

or

I think it probably is and I imagine it is built into his contract.

My Leeds supporting mate said he was a stand out for them a few years ago, was on £14k a week and was being watched by a number of Premiership clubs. If he even gets back to 70% of what he was then he thinks we’ve won a watch.

I imagine he’s on £3/400 a week with a significant bonus for any appearance he makes. 

Yes- it’s a big ‘if’ he ever does get to the point where he can play, nevermind the standard he was at.

Sadly, these type of signings haven’t gone well for us in recent years but I’m happy for us to take a punt. 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That's your view because that is what you want to believe that's not what I said.

13 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Any word? How long does it take to get someone fit? 

In Hearts years or human years?

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

]#

He isn't playing while he's being "nursed" and I expect he will subject to a full medical examination before the new season begins.  If he fails I'd expect that will be covered within the terms of his contract.  If he passes then we have ourselves a fit LB who reportedly is better than we could normally afford.

Re your last sentence you might be right that he'll be back in the Championship earning 4 times his wages but we could also have a large fee in our back pocket for a player who cost next to nothing.  Good fishing, I'd say!

Sorry Al, I was in the boozer watching the Villa game! 

I hope he does get fit as we have a vacuum of talented left sided players at the moment (hoping Hickey helps address that in the next couple of years). Can't really see us making money on him though if we're not paying much. I would just like us to have a settled back 4.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

That's your view because that is what you want to believe that's not what I said.

No, you waffled to keep your powder dry.

It's quite a simple question.

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Sorry Al, I was in the boozer watching the Villa game! 

I hope he does get fit as we have a vacuum of talented left sided players at the moment (hoping Hickey helps address that in the next couple of years). Can't really see us making money on him though if we're not paying much. I would just like us to have a settled back 4.

How do you know we're not paying him much?

We MIGHT be paying a good wage but with built-in conditions.

I think we'd all like a settled back 4, or back 3 or back 5 or whatever works best for us.

9 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

yep, its ranked 15th in the world, we're 23rd

https://www.kickalgor.com/football-leagues/the-ka-football-leagues-global-rating-for-2018-19/the-ka-football-leagues-global-rating-2018-19-table/

Its just sad that posters don't have the patience to let players develop

Ranking means nothing. Amankwaa was brutal and never going to make it in Scotland..

Absolute Scenes
15 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s not better. 

He’s a sub. 

Yes he’s scored lots of one goal. 

:lol: 

Stop making stuff up to have a go at the fans. 

https://www.kickalgor.com/football-leagues/the-ka-football-leagues-global-rating-for-2018-19/the-ka-football-leagues-global-rating-2018-19-table/

here you go

colinmaroon
10 hours ago, indianajones said:

Obviously Naismith doesn't fall into the category. 

It was well publicised that our signing strategy was to aim for players that are looking to kick start their careers after a stuttering period. This strategy hasnt worked well in my opinion. From the top of my head a few examples would be El Hass and Martin. 

Not sure Norwich fans would agree with you.

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

No, you waffled to keep your powder dry.

It's quite a simple question.

One word answers don"t always portray the whole meaning though. As I said you believe or read things into  others responses that suit what you want to believe.

Nookie Bear
48 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

We've seen this, but he's hardly going from the SPL to the Bundesliga.

Also, that table is open to interpretation as some of it is based on the status of the national side and also how many players played at the World Cup. This means that the EFL is roughly equal to the SPL (which is open to debate)

I'm not saying the table is worthless, however it seems to me that the leagues are much the same when you get down to the smaller European nations. I would also imagine the Danish league is less frantic than ours, so may suit Danny more?

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We've seen this, but he's hardly going from the SPL to the Bundesliga.

Also, that table is open to interpretation as some of it is based on the status of the national side and also how many players played at the World Cup. This means that the EFL is roughly equal to the SPL (which is open to debate)

I'm not saying the table is worthless, however it seems to me that the leagues are much the same when you get down to the smaller European nations. I would also imagine the Danish league is less frantic than ours, so may suit Danny more?

agreed its not a massive leap, and I appreciate your answer

It was aimed more at the individual(s) who were being tw@s and needed brought down a peg

Frightening how many players we have had walk through the door in the last few years though!

Absolute Scenes
19 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You still trying to cover up the FACT you made an absolute tit of yourself ?

explain?

The table clearly shows that the Danish league is ranked higher than the SPL, whether its accurate it could come to debate, and maybe not solely based on the style or football ability - but still an official site with accurate data that you cant completely disregard

11 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Vanecek won’t be at the club past the summer. 

We need a large sign put up at Riccarton 

Welcome to all players in need of recuperation.

Do you have a recurring muscle problem.

Do you have a undiagnosed injury.

Have you not played football for over 6 months.

Come on into our reception and after a friendly 

chat with our very own injury expert, Mr Levein,

we are sure we can give you a generous contract

and get you playing a some sort of level.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We need a large sign put up at Riccarton 

Welcome to all players in need of recuperation.

Do you have a recurring muscle problem.

Do you have a undiagnosed injury.

Have you not played football for over 6 months.

Come on into our reception and after a friendly 

chat with our very own injury expert, Mr Levein,

we are sure we can give you a generous contract

and get you playing a some sort of level.

don't quit your day job

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

One word answers don"t always portray the whole meaning though. As I said you believe or read things into  others responses that suit what you want to believe.

Nor does jockeying for position to leave one free to criticise if need be.

15 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Vanececk was in attendance.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

explain?

The table clearly shows that the Danish league is ranked higher than the SPL, whether its accurate it could come to debate, and maybe not solely based on the style or football ability - but still an official site with accurate data that you cant completely disregard

Although a 5 year countback shows Denmark ahead on country coefficient, Scotland picked up more in the last available 12 months, so if you want to go by official stats, Denmark has been slightly better in the past, Scotland is currently slightly better. 

But anyway, is a league with crowds averaging less than 6,000 bigger and better than ours? Less than 5k per home game for Mr Amankwaa too!

Absolute Scenes
47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Although a 5 year countback shows Denmark ahead on country coefficient, Scotland picked up more in the last available 12 months, so if you want to go by official stats, Denmark has been slightly better in the past, Scotland is currently slightly better. 

But anyway, is a league with crowds averaging less than 6,000 bigger and better than ours? Less than 5k per home game for Mr Amankwaa too!

Yeah I guess these countries are not followed well, which is annoying as they are rated higher, but we bring in more crowds and support our teams so much more!