• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

• Bazzas right boot

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Been a few interviews recently. Use that internet thing to find them. 

Can't see anything since Hecky gave him the thumbs up on 22nd March

Footballfirst

He was doing some running and ball work with one of the physios/sports scientists on Saturday morning when I was watching an academy game on an adjacent pitch.  The first team squad were working separately doing a light session after Friday night's game.

Absolute Scenes
17 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Any word? How long does it take to get someone fit? 

*Aidy White hasn't played a game of football in about 2 years

It takes a while

Mair like Aidy Shite.  Mad Leven and Budje  Oot. Place is like a libury. Let us stand and sing or historical songs

Just thought I’d try to be the first ?

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Mair like Aidy Shite.  Mad Leven and Budje  Oot. Place is like a libury. Let us stand and sing or historical songs

Just thought I’d try to be the first ?

Whaaaat aboot pyros !!!

Ye cannae huv an atmosfeer wi oot pyros !!!

GorgieRules22
31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He was doing some running and ball work with one of the physios/sports scientists on Saturday morning when I was watching an academy game on an adjacent pitch.  The first team squad were working separately doing a light session after Friday night's game.

Do you reckon there would be the possibility of him making the cup final squad ?

We_are_the_Hearts
46 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks for the mature update mate. Have a good feeling he will be an upgrade on what we have

letsalldothebeattie

Will be interesting to see where he figures into things going forward. Clearly not fit yet Levein rates Hickey very highly and only Burns the other option at LB. Never seen White play but I’d rather we stuck our faith in the younger lads now. Give Hickey the chance. Have Berra guide him through games the boy will learn more that way than playing reserve games 

Footballfirst
44 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Do you reckon there would be the possibility of him making the cup final squad ?

Highly unlikely I would have thought.

jamtartan74
36 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

He was at the POTY dinner on Sunday night, no idea if that is relevant or not

Stood a good chance of winning it as well.

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Will be interesting to see where he figures into things going forward. Clearly not fit yet Levein rates Hickey very highly and only Burns the other option at LB. Never seen White play but I’d rather we stuck our faith in the younger lads now. Give Hickey the chance. Have Berra guide him through games the boy will learn more that way than playing reserve games 

Hickey is 16. By all means he should be kept involved but as a back up to a more accomplished full back.

CloustonHMFC

He is a signing for next season, Levein knows it’ll take time which is why it was finalised before the end of the season so he has longer to get up to scratch before a full blown pre-season. He was never going to feature this season. 

GorgieRules22
31 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Will probably never play for us

Any reasoning behind your brain fart ?

1 hour ago, true-jambo said:

He was at the POTY dinner on Sunday night, no idea if that is relevant or not

Was he in full kit

I thought he was here with a view to playing next season not this?

He's not played in 2 years. It's going to be a brutal summer for him before he's ready to play.

indianajones

Some of the decisions at our club are genuinely mental. 

I hope this works out and we get a class player from it but I'm kind of sick of being the 'daycare' club to take in 'second chance' footballers. 

tokyowalnut
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I hope this works out and we get a class player from it but I'm kind of sick of being the 'daycare' club to take in 'second chance' footballers. 

Can you list the 'second chance' players you're referring to? Just wondering

Does Naismith not fall into that category, he's doing ok?!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

White was originally very well thought of Leeds, as a left back then into a more modern wing back, before really losing his way a bit, becoming a bit of square peg in a round hole.

If he got back to his formative days, he could be very useful for us, but that is a big if. Would do well to keep him out of the spotlight until he has had plenty of game time, preseason

11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Agree. For once it would be good to bring in a player that can hit the ground running

I’m sure his wage is weighted accordingly. 

We are potentially saving his career. That is worth something to a player who wants his career saved.

itsnomarooned
58 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Are we actually paying this guy a wage?

That's generally what happens when you employ someone.

Captain Canada

Hopefully he'll do well next season. It's definitely a risk, especially with our injury record this season. 

Signing players who aren't injured hasn't worked out well for us either in terms of Amankwaa and Vanecek.  

The Treasurer
45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

White was originally very well thought of Leeds, as a left back then into a more modern wing back, before really losing his way a bit, becoming a bit of square peg in a round hole.

If he got back to his formative days, he could be very useful for us, but that is a big if. Would do well to keep him out of the spotlight until he has had plenty of game time, preseason

I think there is no doubt that he is/was a very good player.

Injuries have stalled his career, but if, as is reported, these injury problems are behind him now, we have potentially signed a very good player for a relatively modest outlay.

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Hopefully he'll do well next season. It's definitely a risk, especially with our injury record this season. 

Signing players who aren't injured hasn't worked out well for us either in terms of Amankwaa and Vanecek.  

What about the perhaps million players we have signed that weren't injured 

Only us lot as Hearts fans would try and spin that as a positive :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

Amankwaa was an injured player who hadn't come back well in Denmark

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Amankwaa was an injured player who hadn't come back well in Denmark

curious thing about Amankwaa...was branded crap and lazy and a coward by several fans on this site...yet is playing regular football in a better league than ours and scoring goals...

13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

curious thing about Amankwaa...was branded crap and lazy and a coward by several fans on this site...yet is playing regular football in a better league than ours and scoring goals...

2 starts, 7 sub appearances and 1 goal.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, dsk1210 said:

in a better, bigger league than ours too

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Is it a better league than ours? Really?

And our management also clearly thought he was crap and lazy so, for once, we are all in agreement.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is it a better league than ours? Really?

And our management also clearly thought he was crap and lazy so, for once, we are all in agreement.

yep, its ranked 15th in the world, we're 23rd

https://www.kickalgor.com/football-leagues/the-ka-football-leagues-global-rating-for-2018-19/the-ka-football-leagues-global-rating-2018-19-table/

Its just sad that posters don't have the patience to let players develop

heartmussel
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Correct,had many offers but didn’t want to commit to anyone until he could prove to himself he could play again,fair play to the guy.Dont know much about him but was told if he stays injury free and gets anywhere near his best he won’t be here long. Hearts never gave up on him,which i believe swung it for us.

11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

in a better, bigger league than ours too

How many games have his team played in the 7 sub appearances and 2 starts?

That will determine whether or not he's playing regular football I would think?

Nookie Bear
29 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

yep, its ranked 15th in the world, we're 23rd

https://www.kickalgor.com/football-leagues/the-ka-football-leagues-global-rating-for-2018-19/the-ka-football-leagues-global-rating-2018-19-table/

Its just sad that posters don't have the patience to let players develop

Fair enough, although it all seems much the same when you get down to that level.

I'm not sure why you are having a go at posters when our management were in no hurry to play him, nor did they seem to have the patience to allow him to develop.

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fair enough, although it all seems much the same when you get down to that level.

I'm not sure why you are having a go at posters when our management were in no hurry to play him, nor did they seem to have the patience to allow him to develop.

no dig at you mate, in general though whenever he was played he was written off by select few posters who obviously fail to realise you need to have patience to see a player develop - which is why I believe we'll see a totally different Sean Clare next season.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

no dig at you mate, in general though whenever he was played he was written off by select few posters who obviously fail to realise you need to have patience to see a player develop - which is why I believe we'll see a totally different Sean Clare next season.

In fairness, he was massively ineffective. He didn't do anything wrong...it's just that he didn't do anything at all.

2 hours ago, dsk1210 said:

Facts. 

Ah who needs them? 

:rofl: 

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I’m sure his wage is weighted accordingly. 

We are potentially saving his career. That is worth something to a player who wants his career saved.

This. Would imagine very basic salary with some kind of appearance bonus so low risk for us but worthwhile to him if it works out.

Hoping he ends up being a good signing for us but had the same optimism for El Has, Oshaniwa and Kenny Anderson.

Do any of them even still play professionally?

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Facts. 

Ah who needs them? 

:rofl: 

it is facts, still regular football - the fact is he has done more for that club than he did for us because our fans are too impatient with player development