Cup Final Ref - Willie Collum

August Landmesser

peebles jambo
5 hours ago, Boab said:

You assume wrong.

Maybe we missed some of the bad decisions he gave as we were too busy doing the Poznan !

you appear to be a bit of a tattie heid

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• peebles jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• jambokev

1 minute ago, peebles jambo said:

you appear to be a bit of a tattie heid

Were you not involved in the Poznan ?

peebles jambo
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Were you not involved in the Poznan ?

i have no idea what you're referring to. sorry

Just now, peebles jambo said:

i have no idea what you're referring to. sorry

Of course you don’t !

Go away !

Riccarton3

The nearest currently able to referee the Glasgow teams is Steven McLean. He has had both of them in a rage. To me,  he seems less affected by bias. Nowhere near the gig, obviously. 

Collum is biased beyond any shadow of doubt. Incrementally destroying the opposition with decisions.

Ricardo Quaresma
22 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

I'm spiralling down and down into the depths of Jambo depression, my team is playing s***e, with a manager on the shoogliest of shoogly pegs, we're playing Celtic twice in Glasgow, knowing my luck we'll win by a fluke last minute goal in the first game and get stuffed in the cup final, and now to cap it all I hear the cup final ref is to be Willie bloody Collum, Willie (give Celtic a penalty quick) Collum. The way my luck is going, the only way we might win this cup final would be is, if I put a massive bet on Celtic to win, buy a green and white scarf and go and stand in amongst the unwashed and cheer like mad for them, yes, with me supporting them that should be enough to **** up their day.

A cunning plan

itsnomarooned
On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:37, Paulp74 said:

A Celtic fan referees Celtic in the cup final. You couldn't make it up!

A Hearts fan runs the line in a final involing Hearts.  You couldn't make it up.

On 13/05/2019 at 15:47, jack mcnee said:

Pretty sure Ralph Gordon was a season ticket holder at Tynecastle

He is 100% Jambo

Rocky jamboa
51 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

A Hearts fan runs the line in a final involing Hearts.  You couldn't make it up.

That's not right either. 

A fan shouldn't be involved in a match involving the team they support, in an officiating capacity. It's just common sense..... apart from in Scotland! 

itsnomarooned
2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

That's not right either. 

A fan shouldn't be involved in a match involving the team they support, in an officiating capacity. It's just common sense..... apart from in Scotland! 

I don't buy this 'only in Scotland' stuff.  I'd seriously doubt anyone's done any meaningful analysis of what happens in other countries, it's just an easy throwaway line.

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, itsnomarooned said:

I don't buy this 'only in Scotland' stuff.  I'd seriously doubt anyone's done any meaningful analysis of what happens in other countries, it's just an easy throwaway line.

In England they don't. Mark clattenburg wasn't allowed to referee Newcastle games as he supports them. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-clattenburg-reveals-can-now-14759464

I cant imagine it being allowed to happen in Spain or Germany either.

I don't think it should matter if it happens anywhere else or not. It's clearly a conflict of interest. Guaranteed there will be some dubious decisions in the final. Surely in the interests of fair play, an impartial ref is the least we should expect? Or are you happy with a Celtic fan refereeing our cup final against Celtic? 

• 2 weeks later...
peebles jambo

All you fans who were quite happy that father collum was in charge of yesterdays game, i told you what would happen and it did, he is a cheating little rat

peebles jambo
On 13/05/2019 at 20:16, Boab said:

To suggest Collum had anything to do with us losing at Murrayfield is paranoia and straw-clutching all wrapped up in a big bag of nonsense.

Do you think it's nonsense now you clown

3 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

Do you think it's nonsense now you clown

Personal abuse eh !

Happy to meet and discuss this.

Put up or shut up.

PM me.

Shock, horror Collum gives celtic a pen following a blatant dive, does anyone expect anything less? On the whole I'd be happy for him to officiate our games but when we play that shower then its a different kettle of fish. What is annoying is Collum is a well known Celtic supporter and should have never been given the gig, but that's the SFA  for you.

Maroon Sailor

For all the Collum sympathisers on here - proof if any was needed

A leopard doesn't change it's spots and Collum doesn't change his hoops

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I've no inclination to read all the Collum posts on here but there surely aren't folk backing that rodent? 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, smiler said:

I've no inclination to read all the Collum posts on here but there surely aren't folk backing that rodent? 

Better take a seat if you change your mind about having a wee gander through the thread.

Hectormasson
On 14/05/2019 at 11:39, busby1985 said:

Yeah not arguing that but that booking effectively took MacLean out the game. Replacing Naismith with Danny amankwa didn’t help ?. The fact is that when Celtic need a decision more often than not collum gives them it. That’s a worry for any club going into a cup final. You want a strong ref, collum isn’t one. 

Wee f.....g cretin

Hectormasson
22 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Great comment ??????????

On 26/05/2019 at 10:55, Marvin said:

Shock, horror Collum gives celtic a pen following a blatant dive, does anyone expect anything less? On the whole I'd be happy for him to officiate our games but when we play that shower then its a different kettle of fish. What is annoying is Collum is a well known Celtic supporter and should have never been given the gig, but that's the SFA  for you.

True, but no matter who the ref was at the weekend it was always going to be a pen. A sad reality of how the game is officiated in this country.

Balernojambo

The guy was a Principal Teacher of RMPS in a catholic school and was born in East End of Glasgow.  Only in Scotland would this scenario be ok!!  Surely an English ref for the final would have been more appropriate given that probably 90% of refs have some old firm bias in Scotland.

Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 21.30.24.png

Ronald Villiers

I know we've done this to death but the reason we don't have VAR is because our football has become so corrupt that it's not even funny.  Ref's just need to say that they called it as they saw it and unless it's a totally ridiculous decision, they're off the hook.  Same with the disciplinary system.  If the ref has dealt with certain incidents then nothing can be done if it was dealt with at the time.  I know there are some exceptions and someone will no doubt correct me.  The incidents with Scott Brown this season and that Sevco player getting off with a blatant elbow just beggars belief.  Collum has probably been one of the better ref's this season, and he's brutal.  All this 'The decisions will even themselves out over the season' crap shouldn't be happening in a supposed established league.  Basically, if your team is fortunate enough to benefit from a dodgy decision, you're likely to get a dodgy one against you at some point... Rant over...

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Balernojambo said:

The guy was a Principal Teacher of RMPS in a catholic school and was born in East End of Glasgow.  Only in Scotland would this scenario be ok!!  Surely an English ref for the final would have been more appropriate given that probably 90% of refs have some old firm bias in Scotland.

Plus he taught religious education at the school!! 

Boab Mugabe

What an amazing player for Celtic he is. You can’t compete with the amount of games and trophies he was won single handedly by pulling out something from thin air for them.

A certain hall of famer down Parkhead way.

Edited by Boab Mugabe

This thread is risking becoming a mini hun fest. Collum gave them a soft penalty but Bobby dived in, he shouldn't have. It didn't win the cup for them. 

18 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

This thread is risking becoming a mini hun fest. Collum gave them a soft penalty but Bobby dived in, he shouldn't have. It didn't win the cup for them. 

It changed the game. Big-time. Oh, and Edouard was NOT fouled. No ifs and no buts. Maybe your OK with bring cheated.

It should have been ten
50 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Aye right, load of pish. Collum would’ve made sure he evened the game up one way or another at some point in the game. A renowned Celtic supporter and Religious Education teacher in a Glasgow catholic school in charge of a cup final in which HIS team are going for the 3 x treble was never going to allow them to lose and especially not to Hearts - fact! 

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I know we've done this to death but the reason we don't have VAR is because our football has become so corrupt that it's not even funny.  Ref's just need to say that they called it as they saw it and unless it's a totally ridiculous decision, they're off the hook.  Same with the disciplinary system.  If the ref has dealt with certain incidents then nothing can be done if it was dealt with at the time.  I know there are some exceptions and someone will no doubt correct me.  The incidents with Scott Brown this season and that Sevco player getting off with a blatant elbow just beggars belief.  Collum has probably been one of the better ref's this season, and he's brutal.  All this 'The decisions will even themselves out over the season' crap shouldn't be happening in a supposed established league.  Basically, if your team is fortunate enough to benefit from a dodgy decision, you're likely to get a dodgy one against you at some point... Rant over...

In a nutshell 

49 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

What are you on about ? 

What's a mini Hun Fest ? 

If you do not have one ounce of concern, anger and frustration at that decision that useless clown made then you'd be as well applying for a season ticket brief with the favoured ones. 

That incredible decision changed the game in the cruelest of ways, HMFC were dealing with everything up until we scored and beyond, it was inevitable the benefit of the doubt would go to these *******s in an incident like that. 

Bobby dived in because it's part of his job to defend his goals, we were ****ing cheated again end off !

4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Staggeringly poor post, get a grip seriously

Ron Burgundy
6 hours ago, dannymack said:

What are you on about ? 

What's a mini Hun Fest ? 

If you do not have one ounce of concern, anger and frustration at that decision that useless clown made then you'd be as well applying for a season ticket brief with the favoured ones. 

That incredible decision changed the game in the cruelest of ways, HMFC were dealing with everything up until we scored and beyond, it was inevitable the benefit of the doubt would go to these *******s in an incident like that. 

Bobby dived in because it's part of his job to defend his goals, we were ****ing cheated again end off !

Correct.

it's the complete media blackout of the cheating that's pissing me right off.

The Treasurer

The fact is that a referee cannot give a penalty unless he SEE'S a foul committed.

The TV pictures show that, because of other players blocking his view, Collum could not SEE what happened and only ASSUMED what had happened.

He is well know for doing this and surprisingly it is usually one team that gets the "benefit of the doubt" from him in these situations

10 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct.

I have purposely avoided ALL media since Saturday, I'm so gutted at the result and really, really furious at the game changing incident. I was hoping, in my absence of paying attention, the media would have pounced on yet again another blight on Scottish Football with a bias decision in favour of that lot also to highlight the unbelievable behaviour of that classes captain and mindless moron Scott Brown. 

Please tell me they've done that ? 

14 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct.

Correct....remember the hounding Miko got when he dived for a penalty?.....yet strangely quite on all fronts about the dive in our showpiece final......

Pistol1874
6 hours ago, dannymack said:

What are you on about ? 

What's a mini Hun Fest ? 

I’m not sure it’s an incredible decision when you look at it. Collum is probably in the position you’d expect him to be but, at full speed and one viewing, doesn’t pick up on the fact that Edouard has cheated both him and us. He gave it very quickly, indicating that he had no or little doubt and was happy to go with what he thought he saw. I do wonder if the extra official had been on that side, whether it would’ve made any difference (I concede that I also wonder that had it had been at the other end, whether he’d have been so quick to award a penalty).

It would’ve been incredible, however, had VAR been in place and that decision was not over-ruled.

Edouard’s actions in slow mo from the angle behind the goal are damning. He knows it isn’t a penalty, so moves his right leg into Bobby, not to reach the ball the ball, not even a step toward the ball, but sideways into Bobby. He has flat out cheated.

Whatever Bobby did wrong in the passage of play, he did not commit a foul. Should Collum have picked up on that from his angle? Maybe, maybe not.

So whilst both Collum and Edouard will get stick at Tynecastle next season (more than likely in the same game knowing the SFA), in my view one is far more deserving of it than the other.

All of that said, Collum’s history, especially in this fixture, doesn’t make it easy to try to be reasonable.

Edited by Pistol1874

gowestjambo

5 Cup ties Collum has Refereed against Hearts and Celtic. Hearts 0 Penalties - Celtic 5 Penalties.

How on earth can that be justified? To make matters worse, why is there no outcry from Scottish Football or in particular Hearts?

Surely, if we want to avoid this in future it must be highlighted - or are we just too weak to complain?

doctor jambo
23 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct.

Its been bugging me too.

All the official reports make zero mention of it.

So that is how its down for all posterity

John mcCartney

instead of arguing amongst yourselves ,why dont you get in touch with hmfc tp push for an official complaint...there has been numerous times this season past that hmfc could have and should have made a noise re the corruption and sheer bias in this shitty league in this ****ing country but no,our lot and  tynecastle take it dry every ****ing time.

like harry,sick of it all

Ron Burgundy
49 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I have purposely avoided ALL media since Saturday, I'm so gutted at the result and really, really furious at the game changing incident. I was hoping, in my absence of paying attention, the media would have pounced on yet again another blight on Scottish Football with a bias decision in favour of that lot also to highlight the unbelievable behaviour of that classes captain and mindless moron Scott Brown. 

Please tell me they've done that ? 

Not. A. Peep.

Gutted that as a club we have taken another dry length. I know it wont  change the result but FFS at least acknowledge that once again thousand of Hearts fans have spent hundreds of pounds each to see a fixed result.

I could actually greet thinking about this now. First and possibly the last Scottish cup final in my lifetime (50 years) between us and them and it boils down to a diving prick and incompetent/cheat referee.

gorgie rd eh11
12 hours ago, Balernojambo said:

Can you imagine the furore if a referee gave penalties to Hearts in every one of the 5 cup ties he was in charge of between Celtic and Hearts. Add in strong connections to the Church of Scotland.

they be writing books and songs about it, "celtic minded" politicians would be bringing it up at Holyrood and Westminster. 

9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

:cornette: