Positivity

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

There's been enough negativity within our support ! In my opinion we need to get behind the owner, manager and players at least from now until after our cup final.

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

There's been enough negativity within our support ! In my opinion we need to get behind the owner, manager and players at least from now until after our cup final.

There are those who despise our manager and owner and even a cup win won't shut em up

There are those who dislike our manger's style of football and are uncomfortable with the overall influence he has at the club. A cup win will pacify them briefly

There are those who firmly believe he is the man to take the club forward, despite this season's under achievement in the league 

I fluctuate between the 2nd two  Failure to win the cup should put pressure on Mrs Budge to demand more/make a change. I'm not convinced it will.

In all honesty we've had very little to be positive about since Naismith limped off at Murrayfield. I still think we can beat Celtic but very little to back that up TBH

Any real hearts fan should be putting it all to one side at the moment.

We have an opportunity to lift a trophy.

Like it or not Levein got us there.

Like it or not the players got us there.

In this game they have earned the full backing of a maroon wall of noise when they take to the field.

100% behind the hand we have been dealt owner, players, manager, injuries, signings, tactics. 

Get behind Hearts. 

We can all recommence moaning after the final. 

On 13/05/2019 at 15:16, Bauld said:

Any real hearts fan should be putting it all to one side at the moment.

We have an opportunity to lift a trophy.

Like it or not Levein got us there.

Like it or not the players got us there.

In this game they have earned the full backing of a maroon wall of noise when they take to the field.

You'll have to identify them first.

Don't post on here at all but thought I'd get amongst it. The final at Hampden on the 25th is the one chance the players have got to redeem themselves this season. Let's all be positive. This might be that one game where all them players think to themselves "we've let the fans down and ourselves this season, we can turn it all around today". An already relegated Wigan done it against Man City a few years back. Its doable. We also need to look at ourselves. Every tackle and every decent pass etc needs to be met by over enthusiasm by the fans at Hampden. It gives players a buzz when there's a roar behind them even for trivial basic stuff like clearing our lines. I've got a good feeling about this I really have. 

Edited by AW1
Typo

The blizzard, prefer that to twirly which rhymes with girly, followed by a barnstorming performance including Uche terrorising their defence.

That's what's in store in 9 days time.

siegementality

Hearts 0 Celtic 3

Sorry if that’s pissed on your strawberries but I live in the real world.

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Hearts 0 Celtic 3

That's a bit pathetic for a positivity thread.

Is it being positive or being deluded?

If you are accusing people that are being realistic of being negative then I would suggest it is fair enough to suggest people being positive are being deluded.

Hearts are horrendous (being polite) at the minute so thinking we will get battered in the final or opinions like this I would suggest are being realistic and looking at facts rather than being negative.

Finlay James
8 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

If you are accusing people that are being realistic of being negative then I would suggest it is fair enough to suggest people being positive are being deluded.

Hearts are horrendous (being polite) at the minute so thinking we will get battered in the final or opinions like this I would suggest are being realistic and looking at facts rather than being negative.

I bet you're a riot down the pub

Finlay James

There's everything to be positive about.  The thought of my hero as a player leading out the team at hampden and lifting the cup is awesome.  

The fact that we've finished 6th in the league will be resolved next season but every other aspect of the club right now and going forward is extremely positive.

manaliveits105

The fact that the troll whanks are worried enough to unhand their sisters to try and post negativity on this thread fills me with a surge of positivity

Its our cup 

HHGH 

6 hours ago, AW1 said:

Don't post on here at all but thought I'd get amongst it. The final at Hampden on the 25th is the one chance the players have got to redeem themselves this season. Let's all be positive. This might be that one game where all them players think to themselves "we've let the fans down and ourselves this season, we can turn it all around today". An already relegated Wigan done it against Man City a few years back. Its doable. We also need to look at ourselves. Every tackle and every decent pass etc needs to be met by over enthusiasm by the fans at Hampden. It gives players a buzz when there's a roar behind them even for trivial basic stuff like clearing our lines. I've got a good feeling about this I really have. 

Agreed

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Think you're missing the point here.

This thread is about going into the final with a positive attitude and getting 100% behind the team.

It doesn't matter if deep down you think we'll get hammered or if you hate CL or if you have "issues" with how AB is running the club, or even if you think this is the worst squad we've ever had.

This is all about putting all those things aside for the next few days and focusing on getting a winning mentality both on and off the pitch at  Hampden on the 25th May.

6 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Baws sometimes in life you get a chance but need everything to fall in to place 

this might be one of those 

we are 90 mins away from our players making history , positivity is sometimes

all we have left to keep us going , so I’m firmly in the camp ,regardless of the

poor season we will beat Goliath 

tokyowalnut

Barely 10 posts in and the negative bawbags, that would probably prefer if we lost to justify their stance, have got involved.

We weren't given a hope in 1998 and we pissed on that parade. 

Let's go again, I am deluded, I think we can do it!  

While everyone acknowledges the poor form we have been in and the scale of the challenge on 25th I don't know anyone among friends, family or work who is as down and negative about the cup final as some on this forum would portray thankfully.

7 hours ago, siegementality said:

Hearts 0 Celtic 3

2 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Risible.

Geoff Kilpatrick
On 13/05/2019 at 23:53, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Who says we aren't until the end of the season?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Who says we aren't until the end of the season?

Trust me Geoff I hear loads of people at the games who are far from positive 

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Lets not bother playing and just give the trophy to Celtic now. Why do you even bother?

If we’ve to have any chance at all we need every single fan behind the team, cheering every 50/50 header won, every tackle and throw in. We also need a a big slice of luck.

If you are going to sit moaning and giving it the big told you so then watch it on the tv. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Trust me Geoff I hear loads of people at the games who are far from positive 

Start a poll then. Choose one: HMFC win the cup and Craig Levein stays as manager for one more season vs HMFC loses the cup final and Craig Levein goes.

Anyone voting for the latter can be ignored as a non-fan.

Just thinking back to that cup final against Rangers at Celtic Park, I turned up there feeling less than 'positive' it was against the blue ugly sister being played at the green ugly sister's ground, I naturally assumed that as well as Rangers we would be playing against the Ref and linesmen as well, then what happened? we got a penalty and scored, wow! I now dared to dream, not until the final whistle blew did I believe 'positively' that we had done it, could history repeat itself? think 'positive' thoughts everyone.

I’m probably one of Leveins biggest critics, but I can guarantee I’ll be 100% behind the boys come Saturday. If we pull this off, it’ll be tears running doon the cheeks job again. Especially against them. Cup final scarf will be twirled above my head on Saturday.   

Overwhelmingly positive about next weekend. It just feels like something might be in the pipeline. 

Lennon being the Celtic manager has boosted my confidence a lot.

Looking back on our Cup wins as part of the build up makes me stop and think Jesus we have won this 3 finals running and we pumped our biggest rivals in the biggest game of all.  And we're still no happy LOL

Mr Elwood P
On 16/05/2019 at 01:44, AW1 said:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-france-ren-psg-report/rennes-stun-psg-to-win-french-cup-on-penalties-idUKKCN1S30MH

This happened a few weeks ago over in France. Think PSG have a few decent players so anything is possible. It will take one huge collective effort and a fair amount of luck but it can be done. 

Bazzas right boot
On 16/05/2019 at 10:24, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Start a poll then. Choose one: HMFC win the cup and Craig Levein stays as manager for one more season vs HMFC loses the cup final and Craig Levein goes.

Anyone voting for the latter can be ignored as a non-fan.

Good shout. 

?

Rocky jamboa

Definitely!

Let's stick together and nothing but positivity for the next week and a day. It's not every day we get to a final so let's make the most of it. 

At the end of the day, it's a one off game, 11 v 11 (well, 12 v 11 if you count collum!), the good guys v the bad guys, levein v popcorn teeth.

Everyone apart from Tim's and some hobos will be wanting us to win. The majority of the country will be behind us. If we win, it will be some achievement and up there in your top 5 Hearts supporting days ever!

I cant wait for next Saturday and weirdly, feeling more confident by the day. 

Come on ye Hearts! ??

9 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

cant wait for next Saturday and weirdly, feeling more confident by the day. 

This... ??‍♂️

This cup final feels very odd. I was depressed before 86, massively excited before 98 and 06 and 100% confident before 2012. This feels more like before the semi final in 2012, looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time .

I can't shake this weird feeling a Beattie-style hero might emerge on the day. Levein should just play whoever looks confident and up for it in training.

Edited by Guest