The Heart Of Midlothian v Celtic Scottish cup final build up thread ?????

jamtartan74

Remnants of Standards
23 minutes ago, Politbordeaux said:

Looking for 4 seats on bus to game leaving from Edinburgh, if anyone in the know cheers. PM me.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamtartan74

• Bazzas right boot

• Shanks said no

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Internet
57 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Just been picking up my tickets and renewing the season tickets and seen Gary Locke outside with wait for it... Ryan McGowan ? he signing for us in time to play ?. Wonder what he was doing here though, headed into the gorgie suite with Locke. 

Just walked past him in the gyle too

:levein_interesting:

jamtartan74
18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Just walked past him in the gyle too

:levein_interesting:

Does seem strange him being there, or is it? He was sitting outside the shop on the steps with Locke when i came out the shop, I was on the phone at the time but was tempted to ask if he was signing but never got the chance. 

The Internet
7 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Does seem strange him being there, or is it? He was sitting outside the shop on the steps with Locke when i came out the shop, I was on the phone at the time but was tempted to ask if he was signing but never got the chance. 

I could have easily asked him but shat it :lol: walked straight past him. Doubt he'd tell anyone anyway. He could just be visiting but I've had a feeling for a while that he'll be coming back. 

jamtartan74
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I could have easily asked him but shat it :lol: walked straight past him. Doubt he'd tell anyone anyway. He could just be visiting but I've had a feeling for a while that he'll be coming back. 

? your probably right and he would have laughed off the question anyway but we shall see. Suppose he could have been there as part of some media thing for the final ??‍♂️

jamtartan74
Just now, Darren said:

He'll have been getting tickets, same as you.

Of course that could be possible, just wasn’t expecting to see him there that’s all. 

gordiegords

Seen Uche in the gorgie road dentist, he was standing in front of me, just as i was about to ask how his leg was the receptionist came through, charged him for his sare tooth and he was out the door before i got the chance, seemed in a bad mood. maybe just had an injection right enough.

5 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Seen Uche in the gorgie road dentist, he was standing in front of me, just as i was about to ask how his leg was the receptionist came through, charged him for his sare tooth and he was out the door before i got the chance, seemed in a bad mood. maybe just had an injection right enough.

The only people who come out of a dentist smiling are those who've had a dose of N₂O

Edited by kila

35 minutes ago, kila said:

The only people who come out of a dentist smiling are those who've had a dose of N₂O

Ha ha that made me laugh!!

gordiegords
2 hours ago, kila said:

Aye yer right i was nearly greeting when i came out ?

highlandjambo3
14 hours ago, gordiegords said:

No anaesthetic and pliers I heard 

jamtartan74

Had to dig this classic out, easily the best photoshop on the internet ? well done whoever made that. ?????

69248BFC-4D8C-4BC2-AB08-FFFAE7AD7F3A.jpeg

jambopilms

That's me off to Egypt for two weeks. Come on the Jam Tarts, get it right up the media who have already decided the result.

I was in the Falklands in 98 and Afghan in 12 so I'm happy to miss out on this one too, good omen ? Probably not.

And **** Neil Lennon, I would love to see him in a seething mess next week.

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

That's me off to Egypt for two weeks. Come on the Jam Tarts, get it right up the media who have already decided the result.

I was in the Falklands in 98 and Afghan in 12 so I'm happy to miss out on this one too, good omen ? Probably not.

And **** Neil Lennon, I would love to see him in a seething mess next week.

Thank you for defending our country - 100% respect & appreciation for that!

I’ll do my best at Hampden but ultimately it’s only a game  - your mission is much more important long term!

Good Luck ??????? ? 

This is it ... in one weeks time I’ll be in Haymarket / Dalry / Gorgie, what state will I be in?

Happy or sad??!!

The only controversial moment in the 2012 semi was the awarding of Celtic's offside equaliser. After that game, Lennon nearly exploded.

Please can we win with a properly controversial decision, so we can see him self combust. Please.

No one thought Lanour could lose the Australian election yesterday.

But they did.

Hearts1975
On 18/05/2019 at 02:44, jamtartan74 said:

Just been picking up my tickets and renewing the season tickets and seen Gary Locke outside with wait for it... Ryan McGowan ? he signing for us in time to play ?. Wonder what he was doing here though, headed into the gorgie suite with Locke. 

He is big pals with Lockie off the field I think 

I'm starting my pre match build up by going alcohol free from Monday to Thursday.  Friday will include a fair bit of time on here on and a couple of Stellas.  Saturday visit to the local club for a modest couple of pints.

Hopefully a good sleep until 1.00am then it's all on.  

I usually despise Davie provan but he’s right about our players and Levein needing to grow a pair by next week, 

i wish jj was my dad
On 17/05/2019 at 14:09, Gorgie_Rules said:

If Uche, Haring and Djoum make it then the only positions we need to worry about is left back, whether we go with Shaughnessy/Dikamona and who takes the 3rd centre mid spot. The lack of a natural left back makes me think we’ll definitely go with a back 3. 

For me i’d go with Dikamona, hes proven at Easter Road when the pressure is on in a big game that he can cope with it, whilst Shaughnessy would appear to look nervous on many occasions. Dikamona appears to have the right mentality for a game like this.

The centre mid spot is one of either Lee, Bozanic, Edwards or Cochrane... hard to choose between them. Favour Bozanic myself due to Cochranes lack of game time over the season.

If everyone makes it then i’d go with

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Dikamona

Smith                             Mulraney   

Djoum Haring Bozanic

Clare

Uche

(if Naismith makes a miraculous recovery then him in for Bozanic with Clare further back to make a cup winning side :thumbsup:)

I think that would be my team. I'm tempted to start Harry but if these guyys are all available they will start.

2 hours ago, jambmoz said:

I usually despise Davie provan but he’s right about our players and Levein needing to grow a pair by next week, 

Very good article from Davie Provan the last thing we need is players not believing they can win very surprised with John Souttar 

Can anyone tell me why we were playing in our away strip yesterday ? Hope to ***** it's back to home for the final

Enzo Chiefo
On 18/05/2019 at 08:30, highlandjambo3 said:

No anaesthetic and pliers I heard 

Uche's dentist gives himself (herself) an anaesthetic!

The Real Maroonblood
On 18/05/2019 at 22:49, Jambo66 said:

The only controversial moment in the 2012 semi was the awarding of Celtic's offside equaliser. After that game, Lennon nearly exploded.

Please can we win with a properly controversial decision, so we can see him self combust. Please.

:laugh:

1 hour ago, jollyjams said:

Can anyone tell me why we were playing in our away strip yesterday ? Hope to ***** it's back to home for the final

We are the "home" team on Saturday.

Can anyone recommend a pub in gorgie/Dalry that will be busy on Saturday for watching cup final? Was thinking Benson’s? Cheers 

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

Can anyone recommend a pub in gorgie/Dalry that will be busy on Saturday for watching cup final? Was thinking Benson’s? Cheers 

Bensons TVs aren’t the greatest, something to do with the provider the use.

On 18/05/2019 at 23:19, Kiwidoug said:

No one thought Lanour could lose the Australian election yesterday.

But they did.

That's probably because Lanor weren't on the ballot paper. :)

Just now, ri Alban said:

That's probably because Lanor weren't on the ballot paper. :)

True that.  Neither was Labour of course.  They call themselves Labor for some unfathomable reason.

Maybe that's why they lost.

We won't lose though, unlike them.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

104 hours to go.

On 17/05/2019 at 14:09, Gorgie_Rules said:

If Uche, Haring and Djoum make it then the only positions we need to worry about is left back, whether we go with Shaughnessy/Dikamona and who takes the 3rd centre mid spot. The lack of a natural left back makes me think we’ll definitely go with a back 3. 

For me i’d go with Dikamona, hes proven at Easter Road when the pressure is on in a big game that he can cope with it, whilst Shaughnessy would appear to look nervous on many occasions. Dikamona appears to have the right mentality for a game like this.

The centre mid spot is one of either Lee, Bozanic, Edwards or Cochrane... hard to choose between them. Favour Bozanic myself due to Cochranes lack of game time over the season.

If everyone makes it then i’d go with

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Dikamona

Smith                             Mulraney   

Djoum Haring Bozanic

Clare

Uche

(if Naismith makes a miraculous recovery then him in for Bozanic with Clare further back to make a cup winning side :thumbsup:)

Like the look of that ?

When we lift the cup the following must be sung(to the tune of yellow submarine) f@ck you Celtic the Hearts have won the cup, etc

2nd verse, f@ck you sportscene the Hearts have won the cup.

the 2nd verse would give me the most pleasure I must say ?

On 19/05/2019 at 09:42, Hairdryer said:

Very good article from Davie Provan the last thing we need is players not believing they can win very surprised with John Souttar 

What did Souttar say?

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

What did Souttar say?

Ahead of Hearts’ biggest test of the season, [Souttar] said: “These occasions don’t come around very often, so at least enjoy it and see what happens.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4259405/celtic-treble-treble-nailed-on-hearts-grow-a-pair-davie-provan/

Just need to sort out some appropriate gear for the final and make sure my charger for my phone is ready for all those videos of hearts lifting the cup....can’t beleive this will be my 5th cup final when my first was 96 

Calebs Grandad

Lee out, Uche doubtful and McLean set to lead the attack. It’s all building up for one of the biggest shocks in cup final history ?