The Heart Of Midlothian v Celtic Scottish cup final build up thread ?????

jamtartan74

Gorgieshed
5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Talksport the same this morning with Brazil/Sally, Celtic appear to have won it already and Lennon is a shoe in for the job. Throw in a bit of implied bigotry regarding which national teams the uglies support.

Burst their weegie bubble Hearts

I would have thought the opposite? Lennon will never get the job even if they do beat us.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamtartan74

• Bazzas right boot

• Shanks said no

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

I would have thought the opposite? Lennon will never get the job even if they do beat us.

I'm with you but I hope he gets it. Nobody really giving us a chance, including a large percentage of our own, this would be an incredibly sweet win

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

For the strange people agreeing with Davie Provan -

We had gone out for food and someone stood up and said congratulations on your last appearance and Aaron got up and said a few things,” explained Souttar. “He said ‘look, it’s a cup final, you have to realise how important this game is’. He’s played through his whole career, 650 games or whatever, a lot of them in the Premier League, and he’s never won a trophy. He said ‘I would swap a lot of those appearances for a trophy.’ He told us this is a massive chance for us that we need to grasp with both hands and said we need to do everything we can to win because sometimes you don’t get as many chances as you think. I took a lot from it because Aaron is someone who has done so much in the game and yet he hasn’t won a thing. He stressed not to let it bypass us. It definitely struck a chord with me.”

Doesnt appear to to be someone who is going to just make up the numbers!

I hope our squad have all taken heed of what he said.

There are countless numbers of players, many a lot better than any in our squad, who have gone through their whole careers without winning anything.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Just watching Sky sports news. All Celtic not a single word other than that we are who Celtic play. 

Motivation. 

Let's smash these ***** 

That's sky sports for tho. 

Pundits Likley Commons, walker and Stubbs or something. 

Sky sports coverage of Scottish football is shite. 

Gutted bt have lost it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I hope our squad have all taken heed of what he said.

There are countless numbers of players, many a lot better than any in our squad, who have gone through their whole careers without winning anything.

I think they will have. Our eyes have been on this and far longer than the 42 days since the semi final.

Everything rides on this for the latest regime, this is their day.

This will be our day.

We WILL be ready

Bazzas right boot

Gonna be a great day or a complete shite one. 

I'm positive. 

No silly booking 

Don't concede early. 

No brain farts 

We'll have it. 

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Gutted bt have lost it. 

I heard Commons last week on Sky during the game saying “us” when referring to Celtic.  Not sure if he is allowed to say that or, slip of the tongue or, he gets away with it often or not, I don’t often listen to the welt so cannot comment on it being a regular occurrence. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I heard Commons last week on Sky during the game saying “us” when referring to Celtic.  Not sure if he is allowed to say that or, slip of the tongue or, he gets away with it often or not, I don’t often listen to the welt so cannot comment on it being a regular occurrence. 

Locke does it with us, but he's only about now and then. 

The resident pundit should be much more professional, even Sutton can do that most of the time. 

Also if it was say Commons and Locke for example, then fair enough but 9/10 it's a old firm wank fest across the board. 

Sexton Hardcastle

More confident and relaxed than 2012. Half expecting another drab performance and a Celtic stroll but at the same time would not be surprised if we did it. Something about that Celtic team is vulnerable, especially when they are on the big stage. If we keep it tight like the 2012 semi final for 30/45 mins they will start to panic, get on top of Lennon and we just need to be able to take the limited chances we will get. Cannot concedes early as we are awful chasing a game.

Im also convinced they will go down to ten men early on. Something which will be their get out and blame the ref for a conspiracy.

2-1 to the good guys and utter bedlam Saturday and Sunday down gorgie.

BOBTHEBRUCE

I was really upbeat about this yesterday, 

Had a feeling we were somehow going to win this. 

Celtic have not lost a cup game in 3 years

They've scored 29 and lost 1 goal. 

Ah well, it was fun to wind the tims up for a day. 

57 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Gutted bt have lost it. 

Good thing sky sports arnt broadcasting the final.

43 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Locke does it with us, but he's only about now and then. 

The resident pundit should be much more professional, even Sutton can do that most of the time. 

Also if it was say Commons and Locke for example, then fair enough but 9/10 it's a old firm wank fest across the board. 

Locke is employed by Hearts though, so he's right to say "us".

The Treasurer
23 minutes ago, Locky said:

This is honestly the perfect underdog final. Have we ever been so unfancied to win a final?

Probably the biggest underdogs since Livi played h1ib5

or maybe even since Ross County played h1b5

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Boris said:

Locke is employed by Hearts though, so he's right to say "us".

100%

Robbo does it/ done it as well but they aren't the main pundits, they were invited to comment on Hearts. 

Commons is just a wee dick. 

Thick as **** too. 

Starting to get the buzz now, especially since I'm a half day the morn. Got the bus and pub sorted thanks to the good people of KB ?

Keep thinking; nah, we'll get pumped. 3-0 Celtic at half time. But what if...

Lucille's Thirsty

For the love of god Hearts please don’t give that mob any early goal, if we get to half time still in it we can beat them. Or just go at them all game if we lose be gutted but makes those inbred freak show *******s work for it.

3A812EFB-E5C3-483F-9820-5A22B004B9CE.jpeg

Bollocks ... the victory parade starts at 3pm  I’d assumed it would be 2pm and booked train my south from Waverley at 3:30pm!

A quick sprint from the top of Mound and I should just make it!!

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I was really upbeat about this yesterday, 

Had a feeling we were somehow going to win this. 

Celtic have not lost a cup game in 3 years

They've scored 29 and lost 1 goal. 

Ah well, it was fun to wind the tims up for a day. 

Aye, well last time they were on a 69 game unbeaten run and we pumped them 4-0.

Whoed have funked it?, eh. 

Celtic fans at work last night were worried as ****.

They know we are due a win. They know they have been playing shite. They know the pressure is on them. They fear winning it will mean Lennon staying.

We are doing this. ?

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, well last time they were on a 69 game unbeaten run and we pumped them 4-0.

Whoed have funked it?, eh. 

Hopefully we start the cup final the same way we did on that day, on the front foot and in their faces. 

If we sit back and wait for something to happen, it's not going to end well. 

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

What time is everyone drinking tomorrow?

I cannot wait. 

Tomorrow :cornette:

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

For the love of god Hearts please don’t give that mob any early goal, if we get to half time still in it we can beat them. Or just go at them all game if we lose be gutted but makes those inbred freak show *******s work for it.

3A812EFB-E5C3-483F-9820-5A22B004B9CE.jpeg

Massively important we do not concede early.

If we do we will get the usual 3 or 4 nil defeat.

If we don't we can win this ******* thing.

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Tomorrow :cornette:

I’m starting this evening and I’ll have a few in the train up tomorrow!!

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

What time is everyone drinking tomorrow?

I cannot wait. 

Already oan it and pushed ma self. 

Robbo-Jambo
35 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’m starting this evening and I’ll have a few in the train up tomorrow!!

Good man ?

Craig on Reporting Scotland tonight... "we're going for the single single, that's just as important to us" ?

3 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Craig on Reporting Scotland tonight... "we're going for the single single, that's just as important to us" ?

That's superb.  Right behind you Craig.  We can do it.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's superb.  Right behind you Craig.  We can do it.

Practically the whole piece was about the treble treble, CL got the last word though .

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

“Shelllik ul win by 4...hertz urr shampoo” 

Taken directly from kerrydale street where the Celtic fans there seem to think using the word shampoo to reference shite is really really cool. It isn’t and neither are their shan support. 

This can be done-believe.??

Just saw the cup itself in Silverburn shopping centre in Glasgow. Can't wait to see Berra lift it on Saturday.  

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

He said us for the sole reason that he is a slavering, fat, Toby Jug Mhank, arse rimming, turd featured shitehawk.

Exactly what I was thinking 

37 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Just saw the cup itself in Silverburn shopping centre in Glasgow. Can't wait to see Berra lift it on Saturday.  

It’s not the real one. They only give it to the winning team and take it back when they come off and give them a replica.

Just checked into my hotel in Carlisle on the way up.  First few beers going down well.  Every unbeaten run comes to an end.  I feel more confident with every sip. ?

Where’s best to have a pint and lunch with fellow jambos beside hampden on Saturday? I’ll have the wife and young lad with me so needs to be decent. 

cjambo1993
13 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Where’s best to have a pint and lunch with fellow jambos beside hampden on Saturday? I’ll have the wife and young lad with me so needs to be decent. 

Try Church on the Hill next to Queens Park mate. About a 10-15 minute walk to Hampden from there but was heaving with Jambos before the semi and child friendly. Also easy enough to get parked nearby if you've got the motor.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, whodanny said:

I read that .... Like

79f7c7ae1d14ec5fdcbaddfc953fe70e.jpg

19 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Probably the biggest underdogs since Livi played h1ib5

or maybe even since Ross County played h1b5

Livingston and Ross County were both higher than hibs in the leagues at the time of there respective finals, we’re probably the biggest underdog since last season when Motherwell played Celtic...or Gretna v us in 06. 

Edited by karipidis

If you go by form over the last 12 matches this is top versus second bottom, which isn't a nice thought. Last 6 matches it's 5th versus bottom.

19/05/2012
3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

If you go by form over the last 12 matches this is top versus second bottom, which isn't a nice thought. Last 6 matches it's 5th versus bottom.

Form means nothing in cup finals it’s a one off game. We will hopefully get the max out of all our players and hopefully Celtic have an off day. Let’s bring it home!

1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Form means nothing in cup finals it’s a one off game. We will hopefully get the max out of all our players and hopefully Celtic have an off day. Let’s bring it home!

I know but I feel like I've kind of lost hope of this team finding a performance from somewhere, anyway I'm not going to think about the game too much, just going to enjoy the day then worry about the game once I get there.

19/05/2012
Just now, RudiHMFC said:

I know but I feel like I've kind of lost hope of this team finding a performance from somewhere, anyway I'm not going to think about the game too much, just going to enjoy the day then worry about the game once I get there.

I was the same dreading it for past few weeks. Now that it’s here there is no pressure on us going into it expecting nothing hoping for a miracle 

1pm finish today. Jump on train to haymarket, stroll to Tynie to get my

ticket. Stop in a few watering holes on the way back to train. Boozer back home until shutting time. Love cup final weekends.

ivr woke up very optimistic today. Cmon the Hearts

47 minutes ago, kila said:

1 more sleeeeep!

Will be in full cup final mode as soon as I finish work today 

You won’t sleep my friend. I think I got 5 mins last night. ??

8 hours ago, cjambo1993 said:

Try Church on the Hill next to Queens Park mate. About a 10-15 minute walk to Hampden from there but was heaving with Jambos before the semi and child friendly. Also easy enough to get parked nearby if you've got the motor.

Cheers mate, yeah driving down from Aberdeen, parking at Prospecthill Road. ??