The Heart Of Midlothian v Celtic Scottish cup final build up thread ?????

jamtartan74

I have been following Hearts since 1961, seen the highs and lows ( like many on here). For some reason I just cannot get excited about this game,unlike the other finals I was buzzing the week of the game. I will be at Hampdump with my mates pre match pint ect and hopefully see The Famous win, maybe feel a wee bit different on the morning of the game. MON THE HEARTS!!.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamtartan74

• Bazzas right boot

• Shanks said no

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

HillmanHearts

Don't normally agree with Provan, but some of that article is pretty much spot on. May come from a spiteful origin but accurate none the less. 

BonningtonJambo
18 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Don't normally agree with Provan, but some of that article is pretty much spot on. May come from a spiteful origin but accurate none the less. 

Hurts to say it but he makes a few fair points in there

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Anyone else feeling strangely confident about this?

I have been strangely confident for a while now, no idea why and where it’s coming from but I can feel it, it’s going to happen ?????

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes Smithee. I have an inner calm that’s freaking me out. We are doing this! 

Just seen Jim jeffries in the hype looking and new shirts and ties, is he getting ready for a parade on Sunday ?

49 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

He’s a welt but I do agree with what he says in the article. Totally do. 

32 minutes ago, BonningtonJambo said:

Weird to say but it’s like he’s trying to wind Hearts up a bit. Hope it has the desired effect. 

Tokyo Drifter
On 12/05/2019 at 00:15, Jambo-Fox said:

Superstition:- wearing my navy pants with the light blue waistband, the ones worn in ‘98, ‘06 & ‘12!! 

The Gorgie Boys are going to Europe!!!

Good post. Brief(s) and to the point.

doctor jambo
3 hours ago, Tenor said:

Ahead of Hearts’ biggest test of the season, [Souttar] said: “These occasions don’t come around very often, so at least enjoy it and see what happens.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4259405/celtic-treble-treble-nailed-on-hearts-grow-a-pair-davie-provan/

Utter puff article,

ignoring the   financial gulf between the 2. Targeting the title ?

even when we topped the league everyone sneered at us.

His article is uninspired drivel.

He should have mentioned Lennon suffering imminent rectal prolapse , celtic looking to replace him, and how much they have slid 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, BonningtonJambo said:

I will enjoy rubbing the prick's nose in it after we have pumped them.

Randy Marsh

Just picked my briefs up from the ticket office.  One of the tickets had a crease on it so I gave it an iron.  Its a bit burnt now but should  still be okay.  Can't wait for Saturday.

In 1956 Manchester City also won the FA cup

It was Celtic's third Scottish Cup final appearance in a row also

So 3-1 it is then with us going 2-0 up then losing a goal before a late third to ease the pressure

(PS In 1956 we had a great side and from the players that played in the final I mean a GREAT side)

Much like today's................................................................?  but if ....sorry when we win, they will become a Great side

jamtartan74

Never thought about this until someone mentioned it today, I know it’s not quite going to make up for 86 but in a way some sort of revenge, beating Celtic to lift the cup as well as Dundee going down along with St Mirren hopefully and stopping Aberdeen getting the European place. Just has a nice wee sound to it, so for that reason it’s definitely happening, **** the lot of them ?

10 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Good post. Brief(s) and to the point.

Seminal ........

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Any latest team news - injuries, etc,... for the Celtic team?

Rogic has a strain, but Likley OK. ?

Christie out?

That Weah chap has left?

Scott brown has a broken toe. ?

Griffiths in rehab ?

Unsure on the rest. 

JamboGraham
9 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Just picked my briefs up from the ticket office.  One of the tickets had a crease on it so I gave it an iron.  Its a bit burnt now but should  still be okay.  Can't wait for Saturday.

Anyone know why we call football tickets briefs in Scotland? In no other context or event have I ever heard tickets called briefs...

Archie White

This build up reminds me of how I felt before the 1976 final. I couldn't get up for that game and I can't get excited about this. We had a pish team then too and were up against a team going for the treble. They scored in the first minute - and the following season we were relegated ?

4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

So 3-1 it is then with us going 2-0 up then losing a goal before a late third to ease the pressure

(PS In 1956 we had a great side and from the players that played in the final I mean a GREAT side)

Much like today's................................................................?  but if ....sorry when we win, they will become a Great side

Great stat. Isn’t there a similar one about when Wales win the Grand Slam and Liverpool win the Champs League?

I’m getting a bit worried - now in our hotel in Mexico and there is WiFi but it doesn’t have the feel it will stream things very well.

Anyone been to the Sports Bar in Moon Palace and have any idea if it will show live football?

Fascinating observations from some nobody called Provan.  Don't know a thing about him other than he's a total knob.

Souttar will be enjoying himself by parading the Cup to the delirious Hearts supporters long after the Celtic crowd have completed their fire drill.

That's what he meant David whoever you are.  He's oozing with confidence.

Oozing.

chuck berrys hairline

The hunch is growing stronger as week goes on we are winning this ?

Holyrood_Hearts

How ever CL sets the starting up on Saturday we can’t make mistakes from Murrayfield & have no pace in the team. We should be set up to counter attack & give them something to worry about 

manaliveits105

Ye can stick yer treble treble up yer arse

Ye can stick yer treble treble 

Ya mhanky plastic rebel 

Ye can stick yer treble treble up yer arse - right up 

I go from crazy blind optimism to having the fear. 

Have to admit to having felt better going into a game but you just never know.

Being such underdogs kind of helps. 

If we do this then it will be some **** party. 

HHGH

19 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Are you this guy?

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2012/05/15/hot-ticket-hearts-fan-scorches-precious-brief/

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 hours ago, Smithee said:

I have a good feeling, no idea why.

Picked up my ticket last week, first tune I hear back in the motor, Give it Up (Paulo Sergio).

This morning, Mrs has changed my station to hers, Winner Takes it All, change it back to my station, my 98 anthem Universal by Blur is on. No bearing whatsoever other than making me feel good :lol:

But it really really could happen

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

Today is my flight home, absolutely ******* buzzing. ???????????????????????????

Safe trip!

:flagwave:

12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

In the last 20 years, Hearts and St Johnstone are the only two top flight non-old firm sides to win the cup by beating a team that finished above them in the league that season. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ye can stick yer treble treble 

Ya mhanky plastic rebel 

Ye can stick yer treble treble up yer arse - right up 

??

BelgeJambo
11 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Rogic has a strain, but Likley OK. ?

Christie out?

That Weah chap has left?

Scott brown has a broken toe. ?

Griffiths in rehab ?

Unsure on the rest. 

All stamp on Brown's toe as they do the pre-match handshake

Last Christmas

They came to the Hearts

We stopped there run

And blew them away

This year....

They'll be plenty of tears

Were stopping...

The treble treble

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Had the City keeper broken his neck would have been much more confident still. Selfish *****

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/23372473

Edited by Sir Gio

...a bit disco

Errr...

Bunch of dribblers. Journos my arse.

Getting more and more of a feeling that we're going to do it on Saturday.

We've never lost to Celtic in a Final when we've been the 'home' team and we've not lost a Scottish Cup final for 23 years!

Last working shift in Glasgow tonight. Going to leave some Hearts balloons on the chairs of the Celtic twunts in the office before I go.

Yes, I am that childish. ?

On 21/05/2019 at 11:16, Smithee said:

I said in 2012 we’d win that semi final 2-1... I just had a feeling all week.

Ever since we made it to Hampden I’ve felt the same. I just think those Celtic players with Lennon as manager will bottle it. Rodgers would’ve had them calm and ready! Lennon has everything to loose and he will put so much pressure on those players I think it’ll get to them. I think there’ll be an early red card for Brown and we’ll somehow muddle through and win again 2-1!

I also know a few Celtic fans who don’t fancy Lennon to get them over the line! We just have to either score first or be level at the break all the pressure is on them and it’ll get to them and those in the stand 

Edited by Rudy T

On 21/05/2019 at 03:16, Smithee said:

I wouldn't say confident but I have changed my assessment from being "will get totally pumped" to there is a chance we can sneak it. Celtic are not invincible or convincing. Our form has been poor but I would imagine a cup final would get the squad to focus and give it maximum effort.  

Rocky jamboa
21 hours ago, Archie White said:

This build up reminds me of how I felt before the 1976 final. I couldn't get up for that game and I can't get excited about this. We had a pish team then too and were up against a team going for the treble. They scored in the first minute - and the following season we were relegated ?

That's the spirit fella! ?  ???

I'm feeling fairly hopeful about Saturday. They're not playing all that great and our better performances have came against the better teams. Would have felt less confident if Rodgers had still be in charge but Lennon seems to have lost it! 

Hopefully keep it tight first half then nick a goal in the second, a la the 2012 semi.

Edited by Paulp74

Still feels like a lifetime away for me. Thursday evening here just now so I've still got two days of work tomorrow and Saturday, a work night out on Saturday night and then home earlyish for a 2am kick off on Sunday morning.

The excitement is definitely starting to build though!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just watching Sky sports news. All Celtic not a single word other than that we are who Celtic play. 

Motivation. 

Let's smash these ***** 

For the strange people agreeing with Davie Provan -

We had gone out for food and someone stood up and said congratulations on your last appearance and Aaron got up and said a few things,” explained Souttar. “He said ‘look, it’s a cup final, you have to realise how important this game is’. He’s played through his whole career, 650 games or whatever, a lot of them in the Premier League, and he’s never won a trophy. He said ‘I would swap a lot of those appearances for a trophy.’ He told us this is a massive chance for us that we need to grasp with both hands and said we need to do everything we can to win because sometimes you don’t get as many chances as you think. I took a lot from it because Aaron is someone who has done so much in the game and yet he hasn’t won a thing. He stressed not to let it bypass us. It definitely struck a chord with me.”

Doesnt appear to to be someone who is going to just make up the numbers!

Edited by karipidis

Shanks said no
26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just watching Sky sports news. All Celtic not a single word other than that we are who Celtic play. 

Motivation. 

Let's smash these ***** 

Talksport the same this morning with Brazil/Sally, Celtic appear to have won it already and Lennon is a shoe in for the job. Throw in a bit of implied bigotry regarding which national teams the uglies support.

Burst their weegie bubble Hearts