The Heart Of Midlothian v Celtic Scottish cup final build up thread ?????

jamtartan74

Bazzas right boot

At the shed pre party. 

Drink, drink, drink. 

Game

Home 

Drink, drink, drink. 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamtartan74

• Bazzas right boot

• Shanks said no

• Jambo-Fox

2 hours ago, sassenach said:

From past experience, does anyone have any idea what time the team is likely to arrive back at Tynecastle with the Cup (assuming we don't need extra time)?

My train south leaves Waverley at 8pm, will it be worth my while heading to Tynecastle first?

Would doubt it, be well after 5pm before they get off the pitch, then all the faff that they have to do for the media before heading back.

I reckon we will win it after penalties anyway so it will be even later.

We'll post up some videos of the celebrations for you though.  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

At the shed pre party. 

Drink, drink, drink. 

Game

Home 

Drink, drink, drink. 

Similar.

Grapes - drink, drink, drink.

Glasgow Indoor Bowling Club - drink, drink, drink.

Game

Oot - drink, drink, drink.

Home

Drink, drink, drink.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, graygo said:

Similar.

Game

Home

Drink, drink, drink.

Great plan Tbf. 

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

This time when we lift the cup, can we do the twirly and none of this scarves above the heads nonsense. Leave that to those of the white and green persuasion.

Bizzare how that happened tbh, probably should have stormed the pitch and assaulted the opponents.

Cory McNamara

Everybody should be happy that Hearts in da final. Big achievement for the club, considering all internal streams.

Be Happy

Be Positive

Be Supportive

Hold your negativity for a week or two - that's not hard. No one wants to see a world in black and white before the final; I told you so.

HAMILTON HEARTS

Up early redburn farm for breakfast then church on the hill for eleven then go and watch the famous lift the cup ??????

CloustonHMFC

Time just seems to be dragging now. 10 days until my flight home and 13 until the game. We’re winning this ??????

Sneckiejambo

It's 11 v 11 and they think they have won the cup already, so let's not think like losers or we will be. Cmon the Hearts Same score as 1956, 3-1 to the Hearts.

JamboGirl2210

If we press and get tight to them think we will do it. Staying positive,good to be at a final considering how shit our season has been. 2-1 hearts ??????

18 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

I may be a dreamer. But I just have a feeling we can do this, regardless of the facts. Smeltic will think they just have to turn up. 

I hope your right but I just cant see anyway we can get a result

Our Craig is absolutely useless

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I hope your right but I just cant see anyway we can get a result

Our Craig is absolutely useless

Thankfully Craig isn't playing. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

In their faces for 90 mins and this is very winnable. Hopefully that is the plan. Come on Craig just do it! 

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yeah you're right. 

He's only in charge of attempting to put some sort of tactical approach together. 

Something which he has shown great ability in the last 6 months. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Yeah you're right. 

He's only in charge of attempting to put some sort of tactical approach together. 

Something which he has shown great ability in the last 6 months. 

Aye, he'll set the players up to play shit and lose like does all the time. 

26 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I wish he was if we could turn back time 

an outstanding player but a crap manager 

9 hours ago, Marvin said:

Nor is for holding your scarve above your head. 

Well it felt uniquely wonderful in 2012 .... one of the best ever renditions of the Hearts song ...

Let’s hope we have a replay of that on the 25th ..... H - E - A ......

jamtartan74

So Willie Collum to referee the final then, at least it’s not Beaton. Got a surprisingly decent record with Collum refereeing our matches. 

Inch Hearts
23 hours ago, graygo said:

Similar.

Game

Home

Drink, drink, drink.

Time does the grapes open?  Could be a shout and a half! 

I know this thread is about positivity...

I’m positive that the SFA are not in control of their own tournament!! 

How can Celtic just decide to wear numbers 5 and 9 on their shorts??

Are there rules regarding what can / cannot displayed on kit? If there are do the SFA enforce them?? Have Celtic consulted with them??

Anyway I’m positive it would look great if we had numbers on our shorts as well, ‘1874’ or perhaps ‘5-1’!!

Will be heading through to Hamden more in hope than expectation. 

That though is exactly how I was feeling back in 2012 for the semi final and see what happened then.

The rest they say is history and we went on to lift the ? 5-1 in the final in a game that was never in doubt following our qualification from our semi victory.

Will we do it ?

Can we do it ......oh yes we can ?

FTH

Der Kaiser

Taking my youngest (9) to his first final. Hopefully a good sing song on the train.......and on the way back....

:kirk:

Celtic to have number's 5/9 only on there strips for final looks like being a Lisbon lion final unless we __________

Maple Leaf

I'll be wearing my dad's scarf. The last game we saw together was the 1998 Final.

I'm optimistic about the game.  Sure, Celtic will be heavy favourites, but anything can happen and they're certainly not invincible. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I see that lot are already selling their treble treble merchandise. 

As the game draws nearer I am beginning to get that wee feeling that we can do this. 

They are no great shakes, we have shown that we can beat them. All the pressure, much of it self inflicted, is on them and then there is Neil Lennon. He could be our trump card.

Rangers showed how to beat them on Sunday and we have done it to them before. We need to be right in their faces from the off which will probably mean using the bench well as we will have some tired players out there if we play that style.

I just hope CL has the balls to go for it and doesn't opt for the try and contain them approach as we will surely concede and then struggle to get back into the game.

We've got a great chance, as long as we get right up for it before the game, and push hard for the full 90 minutes.  None of this starting slowly pish, get fired into them right from the off.  They are very beatable, and other teams have shown that.

As we seen with Gretna, simply turning up and expecting to win doesn't always pan out that way, and you have to put a decent amount of graft in.  Hopefully this will be Celtic's downfall.

I honestly believe we can go there and win.  Probably not by a lot, and probably not to nil, but a 2-1 win would do us all just fine.

Cannot wait! :yas:

gorgieheart

4 of us Overnighting in the weedge on the Friday, up early and heading to The Shed for 11:00, then a wee walk to Hamdump for the game.

Mon the JT's, CL to pull a victory out of the bag with wee popcorn teeth being struck by a random £10 note as it falls out of Nicola Sturgeons purse , knocking him off his feet...stretchered out as big Christophe hoists the trophy high !!

Train tickets ✔️ 

Hotel booking ✔️ 

Match ticket ✔️ 

Optimism ✔️ 

Excited ✔️ 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Still 10 days, 7 of them working. Death row or utopia, football purgatory this waiting on it

letsalldothebeattie

Don’t know if it’s just me but is it fate we are going to do this on the 25th. Celtic the great invincibles that run ended by the world famous Heart of Midlothian. Celtic chasing a treble treble the chance to seal it against the world famous Heart of Midlothian. And just like that invincible battering day Willie Collum is in charge. It’s like the stars are aligning for us

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ok, latest straw clutch attempt.

Celtic have never won the Scottish Cup 3 times on the spin

1901 they were going for it.

Hearts were simply honking, finished 10th in an 11 team league.

Hearts won the cup. Nothing much has changed since 1901 eh?

PS Negative spin, Hibs might win the cup next season

What’s the deal with the Glasgow indoor bowling club? Do you have to buy a ticket to enter or is it first come first serve at the door to get in?

I’m going all out positive for this one.  You never know and the team meet the support to be buzzing.

1-0 (and nae fingernails left) to the famous

56 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m going all out positive for this one.  You never know and the team meet the support to be buzzing.

1-0 (and nae fingernails left) to the famous

Me too.  This Celtic side is anything but great and at our best we are very competitive.

Have to find the goals from somewhere, particularly if Naismith is out but I'm oozing with confidence.

On 12/05/2019 at 14:29, sassenach said:

From past experience, does anyone have any idea what time the team is likely to arrive back at Tynecastle with the Cup (assuming we don't need extra time)?

My train south leaves Waverley at 8pm, will it be worth my while heading to Tynecastle first?

You have got a chance. Can't remember exact time. But expect will be back by 7.30pm. Get a train from Haymarket to Waverley. 

I got back in time by train in 2012 and that was walking back to Queen Street from Hampden which may have been quicker as it was nearly all Hibs fans. Too late after Gretna and it didn't cross our minds to go back in 1998. 

22 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I see that lot are already selling their treble treble merchandise. 

As the game draws nearer I am beginning to get that wee feeling that we can do this. 

They are no great shakes, we have shown that we can beat them. All the pressure, much of it self inflicted, is on them and then there is Neil Lennon. He could be our trump card.

That is brilliant. Their treble treble stuff will be up on our dressing room wall. 

Got a good feeling about this one. 

Edited by Mikey1874

21 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I really enjoyed that can’t wait until the final and watching big Christophe holding the cup high above his head I will have a tear in my eye when levein goes to collect his medal.?????????.

Hearts Scottish cup winners 2019 ?

Nookie Bear
On 12/05/2019 at 13:55, Marvin said:

This time when we lift the cup, can we do the twirly and none of this scarves above the heads nonsense. Leave that to those of the white and green persuasion.

Weird how it just happened but was absolutely perfect on the day. Would happily do it again. 

will be on a stag do in liverpool for the cup final.

i`ll have to find a non celtic pub to watch hearts lift the trophy :scenes:

Seeing the adverts for the cup final programme on BBC just now is fair getting the goose bumps starting. Daughter is getting annoyed every time it's on as I can't stop saying "I'll be there, when the hearts go up to lift the Scottish cup, I'll be there".