The Heart Of Midlothian v Celtic Scottish cup final build up thread ?????

jamtartan74

jamtartan74

Let’s start the build up to the big day, and try and be positive about it if we can people. I know recent months have not been great but put that behind us for the time being and give some support for the players and management and enjoy being involved in our 1st final since smashing the H1b5. 

Whats everyone’s plans, where will you all be going beforehand, what will be your usual superstitions on final day?. 

Im buzzing for it now and for some strange reason I’m actually getting a little bit of confidence building in me, why? I don’t have a clue, but it’s happening and the name on the cup 2019 will be 

Heart Of Midlothian ?????

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamtartan74

• Bazzas right boot

• Shanks said no

• Jambo-Fox

We’ve played Celtic only 3 times in the Scottish Cup Final, 

we’ve beaten twice!!

4-3 in 1901

3-1 in 1956

Superstition:- wearing my navy pants with the light blue waistband, the ones worn in ‘98, ‘06 & ‘12!! 

The Gorgie Boys are going to Europe!!!

doctor jambo

On call that day but heading there with son.

do this and it will be glorious 

Celtic with Lennon in Glasgow 

we will do this

JamboAndrew

I may be a dreamer. But I just have a feeling we can do this, regardless of the facts. Smeltic will think they just have to turn up. 

Great thread.  I'm fully expecting to be as tired and emotional as a newt in precisely 2 weeks time.

Very confident we can do this with or without Naismith but he would be a huge boost.

Well done the OP.

Uncle Buck

I had a dream we won 1-0. But sure it was some random ex player that scored like Brad McKay or something.

Anyway, I’m quietly confident.

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Great thread.  I'm fully expecting to be as tired and emotional as a newt in precisely 2 weeks time.

Very confident we can do this with or without Naismith but he would be a huge boost.

Well done the OP.

Good to hear it Doug, positivity breads positivity, let’s have more of it, get the build up happening and show the support they need, we can do it ??????

The Gorgie

Im on holiday with my celtic supporting dad at the time. Absolutely gutted to be missing the final but being a Hearts fan you don't really plan that far in advance. Turn they shower of IRA loving rats over and it will be the best day of my life.

54 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Superstition:- wearing my navy pants with the light blue waistband, the ones worn in ‘98, ‘06 & ‘12!! 

image.jpeg.cc098ca6a47b2155aff26f1406815409.jpegPlease tell me they've been washed otherwise where you're sitting at Hampden.                                                  

Sooperstar

Congratulations Celtic. Whilst we scoff at their so called achievement winning evert domestic trophy for 3 yeara is actually pretty hard to do, regardless of budget. 

Sooperstar
37 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Im on holiday with my celtic supporting dad at the time. Absolutely gutted to be missing the final but being a Hearts fan you don't really plan that far in advance. Turn they shower of IRA loving rats over and it will be the best day of my life.

I'd wager that a lot of fans do actually plan that far in advance.

Heading early to the clock tower I think, then on to the match.

all negativity will be gone on the 25th  and can we win ? why ever not.

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Congratulations Celtic. Whilst we scoff at their so called achievement winning evert domestic trophy for 3 yeara is actually pretty hard to do, regardless of budget. 

Agree, it takes a certain mentality to be consistent winners season on season. 

The Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Yes cause we are regulars in SC finals aren't we

jamtartan74
58 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

4-0 Celtic 

Thread ban please mods ?

55 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

And again please mods ? 

positivity only please ?

16 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Sadj gets it ??????

That first one is a slow burner but the end is glorious

jamtartan74
32 minutes ago, sadj said:

That first one is a slow burner but the end is glorious

I know man I love it ❤️

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

With respect, how do you know?  If another club had 10 times the revenue over everyone else's revenue plus a vastly bigger support base, I'd expect exactly the same or better.

Anyway, congratulating Celtic for anything is not what this thread is about.  You've missed the mark.

Suggested on another thread that Hearts are doing this and, despite everything, I still believe it. 

Heart of Midlothian 2 Celtic 1.

?????????:flagwave:

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

May the spirit of 56 be with us

We're bursting their dreams!

?

That was a foul on Willie Duff (not an ideal surname) and I'm still seething about it 63 years later.

Selkirkhmfc1874

We're in Scottish cup final and I'm going to remain positive going into the game! One of 90mins on the day winner takes all so let's get behind the manager and team and bring this cup home to gorgie, 2 weeks today we be parading cup through streets of Edinburgh 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Feel we may be going too soon. A week today at 5pm the league season will be historical. 

The following week something akin to a Hearts team we know and love will replace the lethargic dwalm and fight a magnificent battle. 

Next Monday I will slowly build to the frenzy 

6 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I do, ever since 2006 when I booked my holidays for the day after the end of the league season and ended up watching the cup final in a bar in Turkey. 

Samuel Camazzola

One-off game. 

For some players, this will likely be their only opportunity to be part of a showpiece like this. 

Coventry 1987

Wimbledon 1988

Dundee United 1994

Raith Rovers 1994

Wigan 2013

It wasn't about what talent this sides had as their opponents had more in abundance. It was all about the attitude, application and belief on the day. If we can get that together on the day, it's every bit doable. 

Lesser Hearts sides have turned over over far superior Celtic sides down the years. There's every chance we can do this on the biggest of occasions. 

??

:flag1:

:yas:

Edited by Samuel Camazzola
Spelling

hmfc_liam06

2 of our best performances this season have come against Celtic, albeit both at Tynecastle. 

We have to overcome the pitch difference but if we get in their faces, constant press, we'll force them into errors.

PS I've never witnessed Hearts losing a Scottish Cup final ?

Still think anything could happen. Celtic massive favourites but Leveinball has caught them out in the past. 

Hard to get excited right now though! Just gloom with no light at the end of the tunnel right now. 

GorgieRules22

The fact that we’ve already beaten them this season and should have taken a point with ten men gives me confidence. It’s a cup final, anything can happen.

Two weeks today we’ll be lining the streets in Edinburgh to watch the parade....it’s going to happen ????

Салатные палочки

I think it will either be 1-0 for us or 4-0 Celtic. But I think, and I don't know why, we can sneak it. 

It's actually incredible how we are there in the first place, given how we have been playing. Can only beat what is put in front of you though. Our run in 1998 was easy up until we made hard work of the semi. JJ and BB got the tactics spot on in the final and that's all Levein needs to do. Despite all the shite, get it right a week on Saturday and we have a chance. 

As I said, I don't know why but I am going 1-0 with a Sean Clare winner. 

fast_blood

Had a dream we were 1-1 at half time. Then I got woken up so god knows what happens in the 2nd half. 

Got a sneaky feeling a late Bozanic free kick is how we'd win it. Had a wee daydream about. 

I called Darren Barr as 1st goalscorer in 2012 final, so you all might as well get along to the bookies now. 

JamboGraham
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

One-off game. 

For some players, this will likely be their only opportunity to be part of a showpiece like this. 

Coventry 1987

Wimbledon 1988

Dundee United 1994

Raith Rovers 1994

Wigan 2013

It wasn't about what talent this sides had as their opponents had more in abundance. It was all about the attitude, application and belief on the day. If we can get that together on the day, it's every bit doable. 

Lesser Hearts sides have turned over over far superior Celtic sides down the years. There's every chance we can do this on the biggest of occasions. 

??

:flag1:

:yas:

And luck...you need luck, and goodness knows after the season we have had we are due a fairly sizeable slice with added cherries, frosting and cream on top!!!!

6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

May the spirit of 56 be with us

We're bursting their dreams!

?

That is class, It’s just gave me a new belief

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Currently in Southern Spain where it's 27 degrees so the cup final is not in the forefront of my thoughts. 

But it will be soon and it's a one off game where anything can happen. 

So let's be positive. Negativity breeds negativity and there is too much of it around these days.

True and the reverse for the other. I’m having to work on cup final day but I finish at 12. As it stands unless I find a closer alternative I’ll be heading to the highlander in Rome to watch it (I don’t live in Rome) as it’s the only pub in Italy I’ve been able to find so far with bbc one or premier..? Anything can happen-Forza hearts. Celtic merda.

Radio Ga Ga

Watching Celtic v Newco and we need to be in their faces for the whole match, they hate it when they can’t play their usual game, stand off them and they’ll murder us, in their faces and we have a chance, all be it a small chance, come on Hearts believe!

12 hours ago, sadj said:

This time when we lift the cup, can we do the twirly and none of this scarves above the heads nonsense. Leave that to those of the white and green persuasion.

17 minutes ago, Marvin said:

This time when we lift the cup, can we do the twirly and none of this scarves above the heads nonsense. Leave that to those of the white and green persuasion.

The Hearts song is not for twirlys!!

Jambof3tornado

Final nail in Lennons coffin with regards to getting the job full time.

Chance for Levein to bow out on top.

Treble treble T shirts on sale for 50p each after a Hearts win.

Love it.

59 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Watching Celtic v Newco and we need to be in their faces for the whole match, they hate it when they can’t play their usual game, stand off them and they’ll murder us, in their faces and we have a chance, all be it a small chance, come on Hearts believe!

Aye, we need the hunger to do it though. Can’t freeze on the day. 

As as fans we need to give it our all on the terraces (seating?). Not many better supports around who create the big game atmosphere than the Hearts support.  

Nothing else for it. Blot out the season and take the final in isolation. See what happens. HHGH???

Dirty Weeker

Just watched OF match and if Celic play anything like that against us were in with a great chance providing CL tells boys to have a real go and get in the c...s faces

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The Hearts song is not for twirlys!!

Nor is for holding your scarve above your head.