CBD Oil

Craig_

2 hours ago, Morph said:

Is it usually dearer than that?  I thought that was a high street just punting their prices up. 

Surely it’ll come down when people start catching on to how easy the plant is to grow?  No need for it to be that price. 

If £30 is cheap for a bottle I’ll probably just give it a swerve.  

£70  plus for a decent CBD

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, Nixie said:

To be fair, you'd be cheaper just getting a hold of some buds and a wee pipe from the head shop.

For those of us that get pish tested regularly that's not really an option though.

8 hours ago, Nixie said:

How much is a quarter of a quarter. Seventy fecking quid!!!!!!!(Said in Roger Mellie's mate's voice after being charged a five for a taxi) I'd want stoned for that.

Edited by ri Alban

13 hours ago, Nixie said:

How long would that roughly last you?  I know it varies person to person but are you talking about a month of daily use?

PortyJambo
2 hours ago, Morph said:

How long would that roughly last you?  I know it varies person to person but are you talking about a month of daily use?

Got myself a bottle of the Provacan one that Nixie recommended earlier in the thread. Says on it 200 drops, so at recommended 2-4 drops twice a day, it should last between 25-50 days.

I've found the last few days that I've slept better, and seems a bit less stressed about some things, but not sure how much of that is a placebo effect. Will keep using and see how I feel after a few weeks.

I suffer from chronic back pain, and haven't seen any difference in that, but tbh that was the thing I was least expecting it to help. The better night's sleep was the most important possible benefit to me, less waking up through the night in pain or being unable to sleep at all makes chronic pain much more bearable.

Oh, and the delivery from them was very quick, ordered one day and delivered the next.

On 24/05/2019 at 02:47, Morph said:

Month with decent use (I take a double drop morning and night)

Edited by Nixie

On the back of this thread, I found a can of CBD infused juice called Green Monkey CBD in a shop and thought why not.  It was next to the Red Bull but I don't think it had caffeine in it. 

It's apparently got 10mg of oil in it, and I did think it tasted a bit funny at first, but not bad. 

Can't really report on if it really did anything for me. Probably not the best quality stuff, but I didn't really feel any different after trying it out. 

Unknown user
On 24/05/2019 at 22:35, Morph said:

What would be the deal with taking CBD drops abroad? (Specifically Spain). 

Spain's much more relaxed than here, some cities have cannabis clubs these days and many of the seedbanks have moved there as Amsterdam gets more conservative. I've taken cbd oil through customs but I don't know if I'm meant to. 

I've been having a LOT of bother with my shoulder and what seems to be osteoarthritis in my knees recently, so after a long absence I've been back on the cbd.

For anxiety and mental stuff I recommend oil, but for pain I'm on e liquid just now for a more immediate effect. I've been thinking of dabbling and making my own actually, I have a t shirt press from an old design venture and once you've extracted the rosin it's just a case of cooking it into the liquid. Might try a medicinal batch and a recreational batch to be honest, love the thought of stealth vaping :D

Just now, Smithee said:

Spain's much more relaxed than here, some cities have cannabis clubs these days and many of the seedbanks have moved there as Amsterdam gets more conservative. I've taken cbd oil through customs but I don't know if I'm meant to. 

I've been having a LOT of bother with my shoulder and what seems to be osteoarthritis in my knees recently, so after a long absence I've been back on the cbd.

For anxiety and mental stuff I recommend oil, but for pain I'm on e liquid just now for a more immediate effect. I've been thinking of dabbling and making my own actually, I have a t shirt press from an old design venture and once you've extracted the rosin it's just a case of cooking it into the liquid. Might try a medicinal batch and a recreational batch to be honest, love the thought of stealth vaping :D

Aye i knew Spain was more relaxed surrounding cannabis just wasn't sure if they'd still be funny with it changing countries.  I've got a vaporiser but it doesn't take any liquid,  they're great man.  I had it out and about during the festival, was good fun.  

Unknown user
Just now, Morph said:

Aye i knew Spain was more relaxed surrounding cannabis just wasn't sure if they'd still be funny with it changing countries.  I've got a vaporiser but it doesn't take any liquid,  they're great man.  I had it out and about during the festival, was good fun.  

I bet you'd be able to pick some up pretty easy and cheap over there if you didn't want to take the chance

Used a fair bit over the last few years. You’re not going to feel any benefit with the stuff from Holland and Barrett or a can of fizzy juice. Any change would almost definitely be a placebo, imo.

Last oil I bought was a 2000mg/20% dropper.

Cost me £120 but without going into specifics, it done me a power of good.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had any experience with Cannadonia?

Have seem them reccommend elsewhere and would be nice to support a local business. 

Almost finished my bottle of Provacan 600mg.

Can't say I noticed any real effects in my day to day life, even when taking high dosages. It did however give me very intense, vivid dreams (pretty much every night), so maybe it improved my sleep quality a bit.

Definately not worth the £40 it retails for IMO. I would maybe give the 1200mg / 2400mg versions a shot just out of curiousity, but the prices really put me off. Hopefully the prices drop eventually and I'll give them a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
All roads lead to Gorgie

Anyone else had stomach problems with the oil. I started with it and I did notice it helped me to relax and be less stressed. However, after a few days on it my tum was rumbling a bit but now it is making me feel quite sick. I spray it under my tongue so it isn't going near my stomach. 

I read it could be the carrier oil which is coconut in the one I purchased. It isn't a high dose either only 300MG.

I did feel the benefits and would like to continue but feeling sick isn't worth it really.

I would be grateful if anyone can recommend a CBD product that doesn't cause a feeling of nausea.  

www.thedispensarycbd.com has been spot on for me and is a local guy that delivers next day or you can arrange same day pick up etc.

The quality is excellent and a million times better than anything I've had from Amazon, Holland and Barrett and some local shops that sell stuff. The stuff tasted fine and there was no nausea at all. Are you sure it's the oil causing the nausea?

All roads lead to Gorgie
23 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

www.thedispensarycbd.com has been spot on for me and is a local guy that delivers next day or you can arrange same day pick up etc.

The quality is excellent and a million times better than anything I've had from Amazon, Holland and Barrett and some local shops that sell stuff. The stuff tasted fine and there was no nausea at all. Are you sure it's the oil causing the nausea?

I picked up the one I am trying in Boots and it says it comes from pesticide free plants so it sounded OK and it does certainly make me feel relaxed. I did some googling and a few people do get stomach problems with some of the CBD products, aspirin gives my problems as well so maybe it is just my stomach playing its usual annoying tricks.  It is trial and error to find one that suits the person best I suppose.

I won't give up and will try others including the one you suggest. :thumbsup:

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

• 2 years later...
Ex member of the SaS
On 13/05/2019 at 08:17, Captain Price said:

The Vapour Lounge in Stockbridge has a big selection of CBD and they’re well informed.

Is it not closed permanently?

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Smithee said:

To be fair that post was two and a half years ago!

LOL yes I realised that when I got to the end of the thread. Doh!

• 9 months later...
12 hours ago, nadjetdrew said:

CBD oil is the only thing I use to fight my anxiety issues and sleep better. I like it because it’s a natural remedy and allows me to stay clean from all the painkillers I used to take before.
I know weed is not a perfect remedy either, but between two evils, I tend to choose the smaller and the more pleasant one. CBD oils are definitely a more pleasant one because it helps to relax and have a bit of a good time.
But I need to warn you to buy it from good and reliable sources like https://online-dispensary.co/weed-marijuana-concentrates/buy-hash-online to ensure there are no dangerous supplements in the oil or hemp.

Seems legit :lol:

***DISCLAIMER*** do not fall for scams like this. These arseholes pray on the vulnerable. You can buy real CBD oil from most reputable pharmacies etc these days and Boots with real lab results etc so you know exactly what you're buying.

Most online shops selling CBD can be full of fake crap. Do your research.

il Duce McTarkin
14 hours ago, nadjetdrew said:

CBD oil is the only thing I use to fight my anxiety issues and sleep better. I like it because it’s a natural remedy and allows me to stay clean from all the painkillers I used to take before.
I know weed is not a perfect remedy either, but between two evils, I tend to choose the smaller and the more pleasant one. CBD oils are definitely a more pleasant one because it helps to relax and have a bit of a good time.
But I need to warn you to buy it from good and reliable sources like https://online-dispensary.co/weed-marijuana-concentrates/buy-hash-online to ensure there are no dangerous supplements in the oil or hemp.

Swap you some for a bag of Bill Leckies.

pharmaceutical01
On 11/05/2019 at 23:08, Homme said:

My girlfriend has hypermobility and pain throughout every joint in her body. They did test for rheumatoid arthritis but came back negative (although we've been told that early tests often do) 

She's only 33 and is facing the prospect of giving up her career in nursing, which she started as a mature student. 

Is there any chance CBD could work? It really seems like last chance saloon for her before spending the rest of her life in pain (it's already been 2 years). 

Anyone? 

CBD oil is not defined as a medicine , hence can be sold from other outlets rather than pharmacies. Your girlfriend sounds like she would be better with the licenced product that can be prescribed by the GP.

Has been shown to help mobility in MS ( the licenced product that is ) so should help with any muscle or nerve issues.

Edited by pharmaceutical01

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

CBD oil is not defined as a medicine , hence can be sold from other outlets rather than pharmacies. Your girlfriend sounds like she would be better with the licenced product that can be prescribed by the GP.

Has been shown to help mobility in MS ( the licenced product that is ) so should help with any muscle or nerve issues.

https://www.sapphireclinics.com/faqs/

If people genuinely it want to look into it, these guys are licensed to prescribe cannabis products in the UK, including both indica and sativa flowers, CBD oil and THC oil.

Edited by Smithee

dobmisterdobster

Semi-relevant to this thread. President Joe Biden pardons everyone with minor federal convictions relating to Marijuana.

il Duce McTarkin
38 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Semi-relevant to this thread. President Joe Biden pardons everyone with minor federal convictions relating to Marijuana.

The local coppers used to turn a blind eye to us when we were nippers. Bit of common sense.

JudyJudyJudy

Have to be careful with CBD oil as it may counter act any prescribed drugs you are taken. I was going to take it but read up more on it and it counter acted quite badly with my meds. 

Any up to date recommendations for where to buy the stuff. I know there were posts earlier in this thread but that was 3 years ago.

Thinking of seeing if this works for my uber anxious mrs

27 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Any up to date recommendations for where to buy the stuff. I know there were posts earlier in this thread but that was 3 years ago.

Just get her to start with the stuff you can buy from Boots etc mate. Low doseage to start so say 600mg or possibly 1200mg but just don't take as much as suggested.

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

Superdrug have it

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if this can be an effective treatment for cancer ? Instead of chemo?  Looking into the research about this and cant seem to find any  definitive answers.