CBD Oil

Craig_

Kickback, anyone had any experience with CBD oil at all? Used to enjoy the odd puff when I was younger, but it's not really compatible with my attempts to be athletic and manage family life nowadays.

Quitr intrigued to hear people's thoughts, as I'm sure most of us could do with something to help us chill out a bit...

AlimOzturk

CBD oil doesn't have THC in it so it doesn't make you "chill" out in the same way a blunt will. If that is your expectation from using CBD oils and other associated products your wasting your time. 

The stuff helps with chronic pain but it isn't a cure. I have used it to help with back strain caused by bad posture whilst working but only by learning to stand and walk properly, proper physio was I able to "cure" it. 

Useful stuff but the hype surrounding it is a bit much for me. 

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Wasn't about to crack out the Bob Martley albums!

Still seems to be a consensus that it's relaxing and good for anxiety/sleep disorders etc. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Wasn't about to crack out the Bob Martley albums!

Still seems to be a consensus that it's relaxing and good for anxiety/sleep disorders etc. 

A must for all Hearts fans.

13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A must for all Hearts fans.

Well indeed. Could've done with it last night. 

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Good for my concentration when I feel like my heads all over the place..

Honking taste but

THC does that as well, but better.

been here before

Is this the company that sponsor Hamiltons half built shit hole? I suppose if it can make living in Hamilton bearable it hast to be pretty good stuff.

Doesnt it make you ask a lot of inane questions though?

My girlfriend has hypermobility and pain throughout every joint in her body. They did test for rheumatoid arthritis but came back negative (although we've been told that early tests often do) 

She's only 33 and is facing the prospect of giving up her career in nursing, which she started as a mature student. 

Is there any chance CBD could work? It really seems like last chance saloon for her before spending the rest of her life in pain (it's already been 2 years). 

Anyone? 

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

My girlfriend has hypermobility and pain throughout every joint in her body. They did test for rheumatoid arthritis but came back negative (although we've been told that early tests often do) 

She's only 33 and is facing the prospect of giving up her career in nursing, which she started as a mature student. 

Is there any chance CBD could work? It really seems like last chance saloon for her before spending the rest of her life in pain (it's already been 2 years). 

Anyone? 

Yeah I think cbd and cbd salve cream would help her. Defo with giving it a try.  I've got my mum on cbd and the cream as well and its helped a lot, especially with her bi poler and aches and pains.  She uses purephyto cbd.   

1 minute ago, hate_hibs said:

Yeah I think cbd and cbd salve cream would help her. Defo with giving it a try.  I've got my mum on cbd and the cream as well and its helped a lot, especially with her bi poler and aches and pains.  She uses purephyto cbd.   

I read that as purepsycho cdb :lol:

How do I go about getting it? Sorry if that's a ridiculous question!

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Sure it's legal by prescription these days. Otherwise you can just buy legally online

Just now, Jeff said:

Sure it's legal by prescription these days. Otherwise you can just buy legally online

I've not investigated it yet tbh Just aware of it. 

She was given Buorenorphine about 3 weeks ago. She hates it and hates the thought of it too, its pretty much morphine only in patch form and way, way stronger. Not even working yet either. 

We were giving this a chance then going to look into CBD. May have to do it sooner. 

Governor Tarkin
21 hours ago, Homme said:

I've not investigated it yet tbh Just aware of it. 

She was given Buorenorphine about 3 weeks ago. She hates it and hates the thought of it too, its pretty much morphine only in patch form and way, way stronger. Not even working yet either. 

We were giving this a chance then going to look into CBD. May have to do it sooner. 

Got to be worth a go. 

A lifetime of chronic pain with your senses perpetually dulled by opiates sounds like hell to be honest. 

Best wishes to you both. 

Edit. 

My brother used cannabis oil (stuff he had brought in from abroad) throughout his fourth round of chemo and reckoned it helped a fair bit. 

Dunno if it's the same stuff though. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

If you are on facebook have a look at the TheSampsonsGroup get alot there ,cannabis oil and capsules  and in vapes,got oil for my mum for her pain and help alot definitely worth a shot

vegas-voss
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I would say it’s down to personal taste. If your first time user. Probably no difference and need to decide if for you before getting into the finer points. 

It really depends on what you want to use it for. If just for general mood and first time, looking in drop or spray. If maybe for joint or similar a paste or cream would be more appropriate. It will depend on you as individual.

If you asked me for a recommendation I would point you towards Amsterdam genetics. Though it is undoubtably towards upper end of market in terms or quality and cost. 

Just for general mood really.

My cleaner swears it shrunk her grans brain tumour,

I have2 family members that use it now 1 for being ****ed with cancer, Chemo isn't a option now because it was killing them and the other for back,I dont know how it's doing with the cancer but it helps slightly with the back pain on top of the prescribed medication. I bought the first batch from Hope CBD the ones that sponsor Hamilton and tbh if you want info I would either give them a call or pop into a shop. They dont claim it's a miracle cure or anything but can help out with what strength to buy etc.

Unknown user

Cannabinoids are naturally occurring substances with the body. The subject is still a bit vague but it's understood that cannabinoids ate crucial to homeostasis, the ability of cells to transfer matter, waste, manage heat, basically maintain a consistent state across the whole system. 

This is important because the body's internal functions, chemical reactions, electric signals etc happen best at a certain temperature, at a certain pH, in certain conditions. 

Many varied conditions can be helped with CBD oil, if nothing else the subtle feeling of wellbeing is pretty good. 

Personally though, I prefer weed.

Captain Price

The Vapour Lounge in Stockbridge has a big selection of CBD and they’re well informed.

luckyBatistuta

This has worked wonders for my parents, especially my mother who suffers incredible pains with her arthritis. She was never able to get a proper sleep because of the pain. She was a bit sceptical about using it at first, but once it was explained to her exactly what it was and how it worked, she gave it a go. It’s made a big difference to her life, would definitely recommend giving it a try.

My nephew owns a company that sells it

https://gaiahemp.co.uk/

Anything for osteoarthritis. Which I don't have to smoke( Stopped smoking 10 year ago). My anti inflammatory pills are fecking up my insides now, but when I don't take them, my knees are fecked.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Anything for osteoarthritis. Which I don't have to smoke( Stopped smoking 10 year ago). My anti inflammatory pills are fecking up my insides now, but when I don't take them, my knees are fecked.

Worth giving a go ri. Those anti-inflamatories will **** you up long term.

Let me know how you get on. ?

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

My mother has that, she uses the 5% one, working wonders for her. It might seem expensive, but you only use one drop...

https://gaiahemp.co.uk/product-category/extracts/

Edited by luckyBatistuta

9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Worth giving a go ri. Those anti-inflamatories will **** you up long term.

Let me know how you get on. ?

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

My mother has that, she uses the 5% one, working wonders for her. It might seem expensive, but you only use one drop...

https://gaiahemp.co.uk/product-category/extracts/

? Cheers Lads!

luckyBatistuta
Just now, ri Alban said:

? Cheers Lads!

No probs, hope it is as helpful for you as it has been for my parents. A wee review on this thread if you do get it bud? A lot of older folks are scared to try it as they think they are going to get stoned all the time? which just isn’t the case.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm in the same boat but it's my hips that are goosed. I might have tried the occasional dose of thc but that does nothing for them, might try this. I'm trying not to use any pain killers, occasionally I have no choice though. Luckily my job is mostly office based now though.

Get a decent brand, don’t buy from Holland and Barret. 

I did my research and Provacan came out as best and excellent product (not cheap, but worth it)

Minimum get the 1200mg or 2400mg. Drop under the tongue for two minutes morning and night. Do do it until the bottle runs out and you will feel the difference. I use it as work can be stressful sometimes and this just chills me and I don’t get easily bothered with things anymore.

https://provacan.co.uk/cbd-oils/natural-cbd-oil-1200-mg/

On 11/05/2019 at 23:16, Homme said:

Can get them on purephyto website or give them a shout on Instagram @purephyto.  Also if in Edinburgh,   my friend stock their product in his shop gallery710 on gorgie road. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 11/05/2019 at 17:33, been here before said:

Is this the company that sponsor Hamiltons half built shit hole? I suppose if it can make living in Hamilton bearable it hast to be pretty good stuff.

Doesnt it make you ask a lot of inane questions though?

What time does the CBD shop open?

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

There is a hemp shop in Leith

Probably quite a lot of places to buy that stuff in Leith tbh! :whistling: 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I hurt my shoulder a few months back and still get pain in it when I move it certain ways. I have thought about trying one of the cbd products you apply to sore muscles and bones. 

My question is do these products smell like weed. Wouldn't want anyone thinking I have been out the back having a fly spliff ☺️

I need to physically buy this tomorrow. My partner has just spent the last hour in tears on the living room floor. 

This cbd stuff feels like last resort, she needs relief. I'm in Glasgow tomorrow, where do I go to get this and what do I ask for etc. 

35 minutes ago, Homme said:

I need to physically buy this tomorrow. My partner has just spent the last hour in tears on the living room floor. 

This cbd stuff feels like last resort, she needs relief. I'm in Glasgow tomorrow, where do I go to get this and what do I ask for etc. 

I normally buy online but google it and see who has good reviews nearby. Go for a 5% to start with. Its a cheapish option which means if it doesn't help you haven't forked out on a more expensive %.

Couple of drops under the tongue and leave for 30 seconds twice a day and hopefully she notices a difference. Might find you need to up the % but 5 is a good start as a tester.

Should probably add it tastes horrible so be warned... Kind of like licking an ash tray

On 19/05/2019 at 21:39, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I hurt my shoulder a few months back and still get pain in it when I move it certain ways. I have thought about trying one of the cbd products you apply to sore muscles and bones. 

My question is do these products smell like weed. Wouldn't want anyone thinking I have been out the back having a fly spliff ☺️

Not remotely close to smelling like weed so you are fine

10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I normally buy online but google it and see who has good reviews nearby. Go for a 5% to start with. Its a cheapish option which means if it doesn't help you haven't forked out on a more expensive %.

Couple of drops under the tongue and leave for 30 seconds twice a day and hopefully she notices a difference. Might find you need to up the % but 5 is a good start as a tester.

Should probably add it tastes horrible so be warned... Kind of like licking an ash tray

Thanks very much. Really appreciated. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 hours ago, Jeff said:

Not remotely close to smelling like weed so you are fine

Cheers. I might try it then. 

A 69 year with arthritis got arrested for having CBD oil in Disney world. Kept in jail for 12 hours. It’s illegal in Florida unless you carry your prescription. Is that the same here or is the law a bit more enlightened?

Governor Tarkin
On 13/05/2019 at 17:38, Nixie said:

Get a decent brand, don’t buy from Holland and Barret. 

I did my research and Provacan came out as best and excellent product (not cheap, but worth it)

Minimum get the 1200mg or 2400mg. Drop under the tongue for two minutes morning and night. Do do it until the bottle runs out and you will feel the difference. I use it as work can be stressful sometimes and this just chills me and I don’t get easily bothered with things anymore.

https://provacan.co.uk/cbd-oils/natural-cbd-oil-1200-mg/

Hooked myself up with a bottle of this stuff just to give it a go.

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Let me know how you get on mate. High quality and makes a huge difference to me.

Bought some 10% stuff off Amazon (full spectrum, CO2 extracted etc). Tastes pretty manky as some have said, but seems really good. 

Finding relaxing a lot easier, sleeping really well and actually feel mentally sharper, which came as a surprise to me. Would definitely recommend it for anyone who suffers from anxiety or similar. Can't vouch for its effectiveness for chronic pain, but I've heard good things too. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Nixie said:

Let me know how you get on mate. High quality and makes a huge difference to me.

Will do, buddy, and cheers for the heads up. ?

Ordered some 250mg CBD oil from Health Span, think I've noticed some postivie changes since using it but hard to say for sure.

Heard good things about Provacan products so ordered 600mg from there. Pricey though, so if anyone else decides to order from Provacan enter 'WELLNESS30' in the coupon section for 30% off. 

15 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

GT, is it 5% that's  generally for beginners?  There's a wee place in Hawkhead I might have a wee gander in.

Edited by ri Alban

Has anyone tried the daily gummies? I've tried a couple of different vapes and the under tongue oil from Flora fusion with varying success. 

On 22/05/2019 at 14:38, westbow said:

A 69 year with arthritis got arrested for having CBD oil in Disney world. Kept in jail for 12 hours. It’s illegal in Florida unless you carry your prescription. Is that the same here or is the law a bit more enlightened?

CBD oil is 100% legal here, you can buy it over the counter at holland and barret.

One of the worst things the CBD companies did when introducing this was brand it to **** with hemp leaves etc.  Loads of people who could get a bit of relief using it are put off because it's so close to cannabis and there seems to be a lack of information so that people can easily understand the difference between cannabis with THC and a CBD extract.   I think it'll probably start moving away from that though, you can buy it in drinks and they just look like normal cans of red bull or whatever.

I used my mates bottle a few months ago to try and help with stress but can't say it really done much.  I was stressed out my box at the time so probably wasn't going to be that effective.  The price puts me off massively, think the bottle i seen in H&B was about £30.

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Morph said:

I used my mates bottle a few months ago to try and help with stress but can't say it really done much.  I was stressed out my box at the time so probably wasn't going to be that effective.  The price puts me off massively, think the bottle i seen in H&B was about £30.

I guess it depends on what you're expecting from it.

I don't have any ailments that I'm not on top of so I'm just giving it a birl for the sake of giving it a birl, really.

It would be an expensive placebo though, granted.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I guess it depends on what you're expecting from it.

I don't have any ailments that I'm not on top of so I'm just giving it a birl for the sake of giving it a birl, really.

It would be an expensive placebo though, granted.

I wouldn’t think a £30 bottle from Holland and Barret would be any good tbh. Get a decent brand and pay a bit more.

1 hour ago, Nixie said:

I wouldn’t think a £30 bottle from Holland and Barret would be any good tbh. Get a decent brand and pay a bit more.

Is it usually dearer than that?  I thought that was a high street just punting their prices up. 

Surely it’ll come down when people start catching on to how easy the plant is to grow?  No need for it to be that price. 

If £30 is cheap for a bottle I’ll probably just give it a swerve.  

Edited by Morph