How Ann Budge will be remembered...!

Section Q

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:32, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mr Romanov bought a disaster zone and saved our most prize asset. Without him there would have been no way Budge could have bought the club.

this

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bridge of Djoum

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Inch Hearts

35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And for all that Budge is sensible and laying a foundation for the future, you can't critique Vlad for not doing so because who would have bought the utter basket case that was Hearts in 2004 and pay off SMG and pay down HBOS when Tynecastle could have been cashed in? As I say, give me those 10 years everytime

I think people tend to forget that Vladimir took over Hearts when we were a financial basket case. While Vlad made many mistakes the reason he ended up broke was the financial crash of 2007/8 which sent many banks into bankruptcy including the one all his assets were tied up with. It wasn’t his ownership of Hearts that made him bankrupt. That’s a hobo myth. After all there would be no Hibs if TF hadn’t bailed them out.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

I think people tend to forget that Vladimir took over Hearts when we were a financial basket case. While Vlad made many mistakes the reason he ended up broke was the financial crash of 2007/8 which sent many banks into bankruptcy including the one all his assets were tied up with. It wasn’t his ownership of Hearts that made him bankrupt. That’s a hobo myth. After all there would be no Hibs if TF hadn’t bailed them out.

I think Vlad would have crashed at some point even without the banking crisis. It merely brought it to a head. 

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think Vlad would have crashed at some point even without the banking crisis. It merely brought it to a head. 

Agreed , loss of interest would of brought it about for us at some point.

Edited by sadj

132goals1958
40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Agree but history will reflect his takeover ultimately kept us at our spiritual home. We were the proverbial bawhair away from selling Tynecastle but for his intervention and a lot of credit also to George Foulkes for stopping the Pieman in his tracks.No excuse for the the state Vlad and his henchmen left us in but I shudder to think where we would be if Robinson had not been thwarted. 

On 12/05/2019 at 14:51, Sid said:

Let me break this down a bit further for you. 

1.  Vlad saved the stadium. This point is not in question. 

2.  Vlad withdrew financial support and left us with crippling debt. Ann came up with the cash to buy us out of this mess. 

On point 2, please share with us what was positive about Vlad’s final actions leaving us in that position?  

He pretty much left us in the flats position we started with but instead of some vulture coming in and levelling Tynecastle, Ann came up with the cash. She has subsequently set up the financial structure to enable us to build up the funds through FOH to purchase the club off her so the position going forward is not the prospect of flats. In the interim, she has miraclulasly produced millions to fund player signings well outwith our budget and towards a new stand. The infrastructure for the Academy has been reinstated, the ongoing revenues have been increased, the player budget is within income levels. 

Going back to point 2, can you compare this to the amazing position our Vlad left us with?  

The financial crisis was not the thing which did for Vlad, it was financial misappropriation of customer deposits. 

There is no question he brought us great times but at a cost with nearly finished us. That is his legacy. 

Ann’s will be she put her hand in her pocket when no-one else did. FOH is amazing but was no-where near at a level which could have prevented liquidation of the club. 

Geoff

you have picked up on other posts so clearly time difference sorted.

You haven't commented on point 2. You attempted to say that Vlad’s legacy is positive. Again, ignore point 1. 

Please share with us how you can challenge point 2. He left us virtually dead. Ann personally and individually saved us. Won’t go over how she has taken us forward from there but please let us know how Vlad can be looked upon favourable in this respect.  

2 hours ago, Sid said:

Geoff

You haven't commented on point 2. You attempted to say that Vlad’s legacy is positive. Again, ignore point 1. 

Please share with us how you can challenge point 2. He left us virtually dead. Ann personally and individually saved us. Won’t go over how she has taken us forward from there but please let us know how Vlad can be looked upon favourable in this respect.  

I think it's fair to say Romanov is one of 3 people to have officially "saved" Hearts at various times since the 70s/80s, along with Mercer and Budge. Unfortunately he's also the only one to almost kill us off as well! Although Mercer's "merger" plan was kind of going to kill us off, too and even Romanov didn't hatch a plan as mad as that. Budge's sanity is a breath of fresh air.

Edited by Guest

On 13/05/2019 at 13:41, davemclaren said:

The timing of Vlad crashing was fortunate for us as AB was conveniently placed to step in. Another time and who knows. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 hours ago, Sid said:

Geoff

I told you already. The "positive" was he left the accounts in such a state that a CVA was possible and we could move forward debt-free (paying off Budge notwithstanding).

There's no way we could have pulled off a CVA prior to the financial crash without losing Tynecastle but if that had not occurred Vlad could have stayed solvent in the first place.

PS If you had checked your notifications you would have seen I replied. Interesting you were needing some sort of response though. Were you seeking vindication?

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I told you already. The "positive" was he left the accounts in such a state that a CVA was possible and we could move forward debt-free (paying off Budge notwithstanding).

There's no way we could have pulled off a CVA prior to the financial crash without losing Tynecastle but if that had not occurred Vlad could have stayed solvent in the first place.

PS If you had checked your notifications you would have seen I replied. Interesting you were needing some sort of response though. Were you seeking vindication?

Why do you think Vlad was attempting to pressurise Council to agree plans for a hotel within the Tynecastle complex as the wheels were coming off?  Grand plans to enhance Tynie or possibly change of land use to sell off. 

We probably will never know the true facts but Vlad had tired of us long before the end and I think some have rose tinted glasses about how it ended. To me it’s little solace that we escaped, not massive saviour of Vlad. 

His legacy fir me is be brought us from the bring of extinction and dropped us off back there having taken us on a great ride along the way. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
20 minutes ago, Sid said:

Why do you think Vlad was attempting to pressurise Council to agree plans for a hotel within the Tynecastle complex as the wheels were coming off?  Grand plans to enhance Tynie or possibly change of land use to sell off. 

We probably will never know the true facts but Vlad had tired of us long before the end and I think some have rose tinted glasses about how it ended. To me it’s little solace that we escaped, not massive saviour of Vlad. 

His legacy fir me is be brought us from the bring of extinction and dropped us off back there having taken us on a great ride along the way. 

Your last paragraph might be correct but the circumstances were completely different. That's the point and that's why no one has ever spent more on HMFC and wasted more on HMFC. I'll take those 10 years any day of the week.

And you are reaching on your hotel plan comment.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Your last paragraph might be correct but the circumstances were completely different. That's the point and that's why no one has ever spent more on HMFC and wasted more on HMFC. I'll take those 10 years any day of the week.

And you are reaching on your hotel plan comment.

Vlad came in played with his toys then discarded then when he got bored. Look at the others teams he did the same to and left them in tatters (like us). 

He stole £300m. He’s not happily retired, he’s hiding in Russia fighting extradition. 

He failed to pay players. We win two trophies but at what cost. Legacy is what you leave behind and that wasn’t good. 

Budge has given her all to build a Legacy of a finished stadium, solid finances and a top class Academy. All of this will set us in great stead for many years to come. That’s a Legacy. 

Some feel it’s right to disrespect her because we haven’t yet delivered on the pitch. That is more likely to come given the foundations she has built.  Whether this part will be delivered under her tenure or not, it will be down to her. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Sid said:

Vlad came in played with his toys then discarded then when he got bored. Look at the others teams he did the same to and left them in tatters (like us). 

He stole £300m. He’s not happily retired, he’s hiding in Russia fighting extradition. 

He failed to pay players. We win two trophies but at what cost. Legacy is what you leave behind and that wasn’t good. 

Budge has given her all to build a Legacy of a finished stadium, solid finances and a top class Academy. All of this will set us in great stead for many years to come. That’s a Legacy. 

Some feel it’s right to disrespect her because we haven’t yet delivered on the pitch. That is more likely to come given the foundations she has built.  Whether this part will be delivered under her tenure or not, it will be down to her. 

And that's where you and I disagree. 25 to 30 years from now what will be remembered more? 5-1 versus the vermin or the building of a stand? I say it will still be the former.

You can argue Vlad stole £300m. Personally, I don't care. He didn't steal from HMFC and we benefitted from his largesse. Ann Budge will make money from Hearts by contrast. I don't begrudge her that as she deserves the payback but that is another contrast.

In short, Vlad > Ann.

On 11/05/2019 at 16:17, old school tie said:

Kissing the Lochend ring, and nepotism.

**** off,

A lady who saved our club and has been a little confused on how to move forward but is.

On 11/05/2019 at 18:56, Long Tall Sally said:

Were it not for Romanov, Tynecastle would be flattened.

That is a fact.

For that alone, he’s well and truly in credit. And that’s before you add the trophies, the dominance of the vermin, the champions lge qualifiers etc etc.

Your post baffles me, quite frankly.

I agree but you could also say the same of Chris Robinson or Wallace Mercer and co before him.

On 11/05/2019 at 22:38, Bridge of Djoum said:

Congrats on your 1st fact of the day...

Image result for applause gif

Relax, just a wee joke.

BoD - Great Gif, love Nancy