How Ann Budge will be remembered...!

Section Q

Nookie Bear
47 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Folk go on about Romanov saving the club and thus our existence even now is thanks to him... but these folk, I suspect, won’t be awarding the same post-stewardship acclaim to Mrs Budge when next we win something. 

He brought us AMAZING times but also left us dying because.. and this is the clincher...

In the end he didn’t give a shit about you, me, any of us, the club, employees, it’s history. It’s not a bitter rant - it’s a fact some choose to ignore. 

He was great for us AND a nightmare. 

You dont adopt a poorly treated child, lavish them with love, end up mistreating them and get worshipped because ‘oh well they were in a shit state when I arrived anyway’! He poisoned his own hero status for me, affecting folks employment and leaving us on the brink of disaster. I was thankful enough in the good times,

no obligation to swoon over him nowadays.

Spot on. 

One thing is for sure, Budge won’t go into hiding and hope that Hearts fans will be desperately raising money to keep the club alive. 

No point saving us from Murrayfield if you’re going to run us into closure a few short years later. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bridge of Djoum

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Inch Hearts

51 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Folk go on about Romanov saving the club and thus our existence even now is thanks to him... but these folk, I suspect, won’t be awarding the same post-stewardship acclaim to Mrs Budge when next we win something. 

He brought us AMAZING times but also left us dying because.. and this is the clincher...

In the end he didn’t give a shit about you, me, any of us, the club, employees, it’s history. It’s not a bitter rant - it’s a fact some choose to ignore. 

He was great for us AND a nightmare. 

You dont adopt a poorly treated child, lavish them with love, end up mistreating them and get worshipped because ‘oh well they were in a shit state when I arrived anyway’! He poisoned his own hero status for me, affecting folks employment and leaving us on the brink of disaster. I was thankful enough in the good times,

no obligation to swoon over him nowadays.

Well said. 

The man is an absolute arsehole. 

25 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Incorrect. Should we win in a couple of weeks time, the credit will go to both her and Levein.

However, at this rate, the next time we win something will be after she has left. I have a feeling she will step down as CEO once the FoH takeover is complete.

Not incorrect. You’ve taken it out of context - but sorry if not clear;

i meant post her stewardship, then winning stuff.. will folk say ‘remember Anne - if it wasn’t for her.. etc etc’?

48 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Since you spend a lot of time on "partyplanners.net" Doug, maybe you should turn the clock back to May 2012 and have a little read.

Subsequently, we seem to have sooked their boaby a little too much. Vermin love-ins are not something Vlad would have indulged.

But  but, but surely if they'd been destroyed Geoff they'd be right out the picture?

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Not incorrect. You’ve taken it out of context - but sorry if not clear;

i meant post her stewardship, then winning stuff.. will folk say ‘remember Anne - if it wasn’t for her.. etc etc’?

I actually think they will. She'll leave as a heroine.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually think they will. She'll leave as a heroine.

Some folk maybe. But to the point - I suspect not those affording such credit to VR on this thread while slating AB.

pettigrewsstylist

Her status will never be in question amongst sensible folks. 

Wind the clock back and take a long think for mo anytime complacency rears its head.

That doesnt remove the problems we currently have,  but  iwould say her status is fairly assured on exit.

16 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Her status will never be in question amongst sensible folks. 

Wind the clock back and take a long think for mo anytime complacency rears its head.

That doesnt remove the problems we currently have,  but  iwould say her status is fairly assured on exit.

I hope so, but personally think she should make the difficult decision of sacking Levein who's record is abysmal. Fans couldn't be more together when called uopn to save the club. They shouldn't be vilified for wanting him removed as coach.

Without AB and FOH there would no Hearts. It’s easy for the slavering motormouths on the forum to slag AB but how many of these idiots were prepared to make the financial sacrifices she did.

Brauhauser2012
23 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Saved the club hired the wrong guy to run the football department and could have done a lot lot better with the main stand. We’re still here though and we actually have a new main stand which is majorly down to her so can’t grumble. 

She could have done a lot worse with the main stand. A sizeable amount of supporters think we spent too much money on it. She had enough business acumen and vision to realise that the stadium is in a prime spot in the city centre where it can provide a venue for various events and generate revenue for the club. We didn't have the cash to furnish the facilities but we built the spaces to allow completion as our finances allowed at a future date. I'm not sure what has still to be done. My grandfather's uncle was our best player in 1914 and we sild him to Blackburn Rovers to pay for that stand for a world record transfer fee. This time we didn't have assets like that but we had Ann. We owe her a lot.

Brauhauser2012
23 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Saved the club hired the wrong guy to run the football department and could have done a lot lot better with the main stand. We’re still here though and we actually have a new main stand which is majorly down to her so can’t grumble. 

She could have done a lot worse with the main stand. A sizeable amount of supporters think we spent too much money on it. She had enough business acumen and vision to realise that the stadium is in a prime spot in the city centre where it can provide a venue for various events and generate revenue for the club. We didn't have the cash to furnish the facilities but we built the spaces to allow completion as our finances allowed at a future date. I'm not sure what has still to be done. My grandfather's uncle was our best player in 1914 and we sild him to Blackburn Rovers to pay for that stand for a world record transfer fee. This time we didn't have assets like that but we had Ann. We owe her a lot.

Pretty much keeping the club alive but draining the soul. Just in my opinion of course but there is little to no care about Hearts ability on the park.

Like keeping someone on life support with no hope of anything better.

If she conjours up the will to empty Levein and opens up an application process for a new manager she will be remembered as being strong in all aspects of her running of the club, however in my opinion she lacks any kind of footballing brain therefore it is easier to keep her Craig in the job, so in her mind the footballing aspect is covered. 

Jamboelite
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

When throwing insults and calling others with a different point of view a moron. ?

Well done you, i tend to edit after i’ve typed but knock yourself silly.

ford donald
1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Pretty much keeping the club alive but draining the soul. Just in my opinion of course but there is little to no care about Hearts ability on the park.

Like keeping someone on life support with no hope of anything better.

If she conjours up the will to empty Levein and opens up an application process for a new manager she will be remembered as being strong in all aspects of her running of the club, however in my opinion she lacks any kind of footballing brain therefore it is easier to keep her Craig in the job, so in her mind the footballing aspect is covered. 

That's my view more or less.She has done a fantastic job off the park,standing by Levein so long is her failing,next season will see changes,I hope she gets it right!

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

But  but, but surely if they'd been destroyed Geoff they'd be right out the picture?

You can blame Neilson for that.

Calebs Grandad
14 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I certainly hope young Caleb gets his brains from his granny’s side.?

Thankfully he does plus his looks ?

I just pray she do s not tarnish her wonderful legacy by failing to have Levein removed from the. Lib - bothbon the touchline and the Board room

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Calebs Grandad said:

?

Lucky lad.

1 hour ago, Calebs Grandad said:

And his modesty?

:winkiss:

14 hours ago, BonningtonJambo said:

If he did not buy us in 2005 tynecastle would be flats right now

14 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Temporary? Had the world economy not been radically altered during those ten years Budge's cheque would have needed to be a lot bigger!

Let me break this down a bit further for you. 

1.  Vlad saved the stadium. This point is not in question. 

2.  Vlad withdrew financial support and left us with crippling debt. Ann came up with the cash to buy us out of this mess. 

On point 2, please share with us what was positive about Vlad’s final actions leaving us in that position?  

He pretty much left us in the flats position we started with but instead of some vulture coming in and levelling Tynecastle, Ann came up with the cash. She has subsequently set up the financial structure to enable us to build up the funds through FOH to purchase the club off her so the position going forward is not the prospect of flats. In the interim, she has miraclulasly produced millions to fund player signings well outwith our budget and towards a new stand. The infrastructure for the Academy has been reinstated, the ongoing revenues have been increased, the player budget is within income levels. 

Going back to point 2, can you compare this to the amazing position our Vlad left us with?  

The financial crisis was not the thing which did for Vlad, it was financial misappropriation of customer deposits. 

There is no question he brought us great times but at a cost with nearly finished us. That is his legacy. 

Ann’s will be she put her hand in her pocket when no-one else did. FOH is amazing but was no-where near at a level which could have prevented liquidation of the club. 

2 hours ago, Sid said:

2.  Vlad withdrew financial support and left us with crippling debt. Ann came up with the cash to buy us out of this mess. 

On point 2, please share with us what was positive about Vlad’s final actions leaving us in that position?  

He pretty much left us in the flats position we started with but instead of some vulture coming in and levelling Tynecastle, Ann came up with the cash. She has subsequently set up the financial structure to enable us to build up the funds through FOH to purchase the club off her so the position going forward is not the prospect of flats. In the interim, she has miraclulasly produced millions to fund player signings well outwith our budget and towards a new stand. The infrastructure for the Academy has been reinstated, the ongoing revenues have been increased, the player budget is within income levels. 

Going back to point 2, can you compare this to the amazing position our Vlad left us with?  

The financial crisis was not the thing which did for Vlad, it was financial misappropriation of customer deposits. 

There is no question he brought us great times but at a cost with nearly finished us. That is his legacy. 

Ann’s will be she put her hand in her pocket when no-one else did. FOH is amazing but was no-where near at a level which could have prevented liquidation of the club. 

Boom. Drop the mike.

SpruceBringsteen

Look I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but Hearts fans think Mercer was a dick. Hearts fans think Robinson was a dick. Hearts fans think Romanov was a dick. Now there's a growing amount of Hearts fans think Budge is a dick.

Maybe it's not them. :whistling:

26 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Look I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but Hearts fans think Mercer was a dick. Hearts fans think Robinson was a dick. Hearts fans think Romanov was a dick. Now there's a growing amount of Hearts fans think Budge is a dick.

Maybe it's not them. :whistling:

So true...

colinmaroon
On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:13, Forever Hearts said:

Ah, the highly original "if you dare to criticise Hearts and are not a happy clapper you must be a Hibs fan". Yawn. Zzzzzzzz....

Not necessarily, it is possible not to be a Hibs fans but stink of hypocrisy for doing exactly what you accuse others of in reverse.

I'll double your hypocritical yawn and raise you zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Harry Potter

My wife loves her do bits after my worries about losing our club, we will donate a wee gold framed gift ha ha

SwindonJambo

She will be remembered because if she hadn’t come along when she did, the thread title could easily have been ‘How will Hearts be remembered?’

That’s not to say she hasn’t got everything right, even the very best business people don’t. To be the huge success she was in business, she must have had to take some tough decisions. She has one to take in the Summer and hopefully she’ll get that one right. Overall we’re overwhelmingly lucky to have her and Lucky her daughter persuaded her to get involved when she could easily have carried on with her opulent leisurely retirement.

Harry Potter

7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

She will be remembered because if she hadn’t come along when she did, the thread title could easily have been ‘How will Hearts be remembered?’

That’s not to say she hasn’t got everything right, even the very best business people don’t. To be the huge success she was in business, she must have had to take some tough decisions. She has one to take in the Summer and hopefully she’ll get that one right. Overall we’re overwhelmingly lucky to have her and Lucky her daughter persuaded her to get involved when she could easily have carried on with her opulent leisurely retirement.

Aye mate, i had sleepless nights prior to meetings to kill us,but we got there, not going to the final, my

sons going, im better in the house, can kick off there, lol

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Sid said:

Someone will argue against this as well. 

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yeah. But it’s night time Down Under. He will be back!  

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

1 minute ago, Sid said:

Yeah. But it’s night time Down Under. He will be back!  

Does not suffer games, tbf im finished with hearts this season, son has my ticket, just cant stand losing

to that lot, im broken enough, son will do me proud

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Does not suffer games, tbf im finished with hearts this season, son has my ticket, just cant stand losing

to that lot, im broken enough, son will do me proud

Each to thier own. 

There's some merit in staying at home, watching the game whilst guzzling 5 litres of petrol. 

Enjoy the night and the final. ?

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Each to thier own. 

There's some merit in staying at home, watching the game whilst guzzling 5 litres of petrol. 

Enjoy the night and the final. ?

Missed 98, because i thought i was a jona, 96 ended up in the pub, 2006 wi my boy on a wee bus from the harp

2"012  car through arseholes on the motorway, dropping aff at the harp hobo double decker, mups

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Section Q said:

I hope so, but personally think she should make the difficult decision of sacking Levein who's record is abysmal. Fans couldn't be more together when called uopn to save the club. They shouldn't be vilified for wanting him removed as coach.

Agree totally. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 hours ago, Prof said:

Without AB and FOH there would no Hearts. It’s easy for the slavering motormouths on the forum to slag AB but how many of these idiots were prepared to make the financial sacrifices she did.

a knowledgeable poster on here inferred mrs b bought no fake shares from vlad

bryan Jackson said without the fake shares there would be no hearts 

so probably a lot of these idiots did make similar financial sacrifices or probably more taking account of relative disposable income 

Harry Potter

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

a knowledgeable poster on here inferred mrs b bought no fake shares from vlad

bryan Jackson said without the fake shares there would be no hearts 

so probably a lot of these idiots did make similar financial sacrifices or probably more taking account of relative disposable income 

A fake share is illegal 

14 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

An irrelevant comment as the only group prepared to take Hearts out of administration was AB following or in conjunction with agreement with  FOH.

AB will be remembered for saving Hearts and bringing financial stability to the club. 

However she will also be remembered for Cathro and Levein appointments.

Edited by Marvin

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Prof said:

An irrelevant comment as the only group prepared to take Hearts out of administration was AB following or in conjunction with agreement with  FOH.

just quoting what Bryan Jackson said at the time - sounds like you know better tho

:lol:

rudi must stay

Sitting in your seat in the new stand. Take a few steps (100 maybe), turn around and look straight ahead

That's how

Geoff Kilpatrick
22 hours ago, Sid said:

If you want a positive about Vlad's action at the time (and of course this is easy in hindsight) it was maintaining the core debt to UBIG. That meant that if and when his house of cards came down that a CVA was possible, unlike certain other clubs. In the meantime, we enjoyed his largesse albeit most of it was pissed up the wall.

And for all that Budge is sensible and laying a foundation for the future, you can't critique Vlad for not doing so because who would have bought the utter basket case that was Hearts in 2004 and pay off SMG and pay down HBOS when Tynecastle could have been cashed in? As I say, give me those 10 years everytime.

doctor jambo
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If you want a positive about Vlad's action at the time (and of course this is easy in hindsight) it was maintaining the core debt to UBIG. That meant that if and when his house of cards came down that a CVA was possible, unlike certain other clubs. In the meantime, we enjoyed his largesse albeit most of it was pissed up the wall.

And for all that Budge is sensible and laying a foundation for the future, you can't critique Vlad for not doing so because who would have bought the utter basket case that was Hearts in 2004 and pay off SMG and pay down HBOS when Tynecastle could have been cashed in? As I say, give me those 10 years everytime.

I agree.

With vlad it was like dating a porn star

With budge its like dating someone your mum would choose.

I'm with Charlie Sheen on  this one

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I agree.

With vlad it was like dating a porn star

With budge its like dating someone your mum would choose.

I'm with Charlie Sheen on  this one

The novelty of dating porn stars wears off quite quickly, trust me. ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The novelty of dating porn stars wears off quite quickly, trust me. ?

I heard you and Ben Dover didn't work out. :whistling:

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I heard you and Ben Dover didn't work out. :whistling:

Dating Phil McCracken didn't help, or his pal Phil Mccavatee