How Ann Budge will be remembered...!

Section Q

4 minutes ago, GM8201 said:

Will it take Hearts to really hammered in the final for her to finally say enough is enough. Because let’s be honest here, our form since the winter break has been nothing short of embarrassing, given the funds available. CL firmly believes that having played poorly for 3 months, the same same players are capable of much more, in a 1 off game. Waken up Jambos this head coach is delusional and in denial 

St Johnston now ahead of us on points as expected...,

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bridge of Djoum

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Inch Hearts

Just now, Section Q said:

They are playing the bottom 6teams would they be above us if the situation reversed - yes they would , even if they had less points. Whats your point. ? They aren’t finishing above us and we have earned that right wether we have less points or not is a moot point. The fixtures would of been different if there wasn’t a split so again you can’t use that as a thing to beat the club with. Hibs lose next week to Aberdeen and St Johnstone win and they will have more points than Hibs aswell. ?

frankblack
15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The likes of me. Nice and judgemental mate. Realist rather than happy clapper thats just glad we still have a Hearts to support like too many. Head in sand over how bad we are.

Too many negative bores on here with unrealistic levels of self entitlement.

Next season Celtic and Sevco will spend considerably more than us, and so will Aberdeen from a better starting  position so its a fight for 4th at best regardless of who is in charge.

What's your MINIMUM target for next season, out of interest?

frankblack
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Thats like saying Ross County are currently ahead of Livi on points.  In other words, complete bollocks like your thread.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Next season Celtic and Sevco will spend considerably more than us, and so will Aberdeen from a better starting  position so its a fight for 4th at best regardless of who is in charge.

Aberdeen might spend more but may see their team broken up a bit Shinnie is a huge loss for instance. We finalise the little details with Naismith we have a superb core and spine of a team to add quality too. 

Top 4 has to be a must next year but then it has to include more excitement in the games and more solidity at home again. We have lost that and managed to do better away from home. Thats been a nice and possibly the only real positive this year but it means nothing when we struggle at home

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

???

6th best 4th budget is far from ideal few bounces the other say this season or few decisions the other way wed be there or there about in third. Thats not the issue to me , neither is the off field stuff or performance outside the first team. Lack of a plan and at times desire on the pitch is something to beat the team with and therefore the coaching staff. 

Just mowing the lawn there buddy. Saw a Tweet of an angry Craig Levein about 10 years ago. 

He has mellowed to the point the fire doesn't transmit to the team. 

Last night for a waste of time at least there was a bit of devilment. 

But it's time for a change. The boot room needs to be forgotten. The self preservation model altered. 

Sub conscious has to prevent maximum performance. Fear is not a bad thing for motivation, just a bit.

Too soft and passive amongst other difficulties of course. 

Time for fresh new minds and ideas 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Section Q said:

You lose credibility for that statement 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Just mowing the lawn there buddy. Saw a Tweet of an angry Craig Levein about 10 years ago. 

He has mellowed to the point the fire doesn't transmit to the team. 

Last night for a waste of time at least there was a bit of devilment. 

But it's time for a change. The boot room needs to be forgotten. The self preservation model altered. 

Sub conscious has to prevent maximum performance. Fear is not a bad thing for motivation, just a bit.

Too soft and passive amongst other difficulties of course. 

Time for fresh new minds and ideas 

Ill text ya. Arsed putting anything oh here. Gimme 5 just away to make Av a cuppa to pacify her before i put on the Leeds game ?

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

You lose credibility for that statement 

Does he have any left. This is a bizarre and utterly pointless thread.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Yawn. 

Stephane Grappelli

"How will Ann Budge be remembered?  Simply... as the woman... who put a smile on the face of everyone who she met."

"And I don't do it so they turn round and go 'Thankyou Ann for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs.' I do it so, one day, someone will go 'There goes Ann Budge. I must remember to thank her.'"

The quality of football will tarnish her otherwise magnificent reputation.  She has a tough decision to take by the end of the month and she needs to take it.

Levein's first big mistake was Rudi Skacel and there has been a catalogue of them since.  Time to go.

She had the unenviable task of overhauling the club from top to bottom and she's done all of that brilliantly except the dressing room.

Needs to sort that out now.

John Findlay
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

She'll be remembered as being nowhere near as successful as Mr Romanov.

Seriously. Stay in Australia. They might listen to your gibberish there.

john brownlee
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mr Romanov's good more than outweighed the bad. Ten years we had no right to and he gave us two trophies and some fantastic players in the process.

This in abundance. Too many jumped on the dislike bandwagon, followed by todays hate mongers who really don't know that much about that time period.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

6th best football club in Scotland. Not ideal. But football forum's don't half thrive on hysteria. 

Its not just the position but how we performed to get ourselves there!!!

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

4th minimum and a cup semi.

Same as this season so we have met part of the target without playing well.

No self entitlement mate just want to see us progress and this season squad wise we havent improved in my opinion. Some of our signings over the last 36 months have been a big waste if money.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

4th minimum and a cup semi.

Same as this season so we have met part of the target without playing well.

No self entitlement mate just want to see us progress and this season squad wise we havent improved in my opinion. Some of our signings over the last 36 months have been a big waste if money.

Some of our signings over the last 36 years have been a big waste of money.

Calebs Grandad
4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Tell us more about opinions and facts.

Earth, square or round?

Both. 

22 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Both. 

Ahhh the old square round Earth society... only topped by the Flat Earthers and their wisdom as they sailed off into the sunset only to fall off the edge and never be seen again

3 hours ago, davieholt said:

I don't believe he 'almost killed the club'

We have to remember that he SAVED the club and Tynecastle. He also won trophies and attendances soared. But we need to recognise that Hearts were a very small vanity project in his financial and industrial empire which comprised companies which were cross subsidising one another. If the economy of the mid 2000s had continued, this could have been a viable model for Hearts.

Unfortunately, the banking crash of 2008 brought the whole edifice down but Hearts actually benefited (ultimately) by having its debts held by a group company rather than BOS or RBS - we would be history otherwise.

There was much wrong with Vlad but, with hindsight, his actions benefited the club more than they harmed it. 

Corect

sandylejambo
28 minutes ago, graygo said:

yes that's true, but how many of the 19? that Levein has brought in have been worth their wages, never mind transfer fee's?  I have better things to do than watch Levein type teams on a Saturday, I might buy a half season ticket if he gets punted half way through next season but I wont for sure buy anything ( other than a walk-up ticket) if he is in charge at the end of this season. I and many others are sick to the back teeth of watching what's put on the park this year.

Jambof3tornado
41 minutes ago, graygo said:

Cant blame Levein for that......

Or can we??

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Cant blame Levein for that......

Or can we??

Everything else is his fault , world hunger , austerity etc so yes we can ?

11 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

yes that's true, but how many of the 19? that Levein has brought in have been worth their wages, never mind transfer fee's?  I have better things to do than watch Levein type teams on a Saturday, I might buy a half season ticket if he gets punted half way through next season but I wont for sure buy anything ( other than a walk-up ticket) if he is in charge at the end of this season. I and many others are sick to the back teeth of watching what's put on the park this year.

A half season ticket?

Imagine if you had bought one of them this season.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Both. 

I certainly hope young Caleb gets his brains from his granny’s side.?

Truth be told this period of us being turgid will be a footnote in the way Ann Budge is remembered. It will be putting the money up and building the new stand which is fair enough. 

I have been a vocal advocate of replacing the manager for a good while but I can respect waiting until the summer to take action from an owner's perspective. Let's wait and see before making a judgement. What I would say is she has backed the footballing side consistently with money which is what she is there to do. 

BervieJambo

Those harking back to the good old days of Romanov have selective memories - of course it’s easy to forget playing in the bottom 6 under Frail or the absolutely riveting stuff under Csaba (though, granted, we did make third). Yes, the first season was fantastic, as was the 2012 cup win, but given the excessive investment, we didn’t do as well as we should have over those 9 years... and it ended disastrously.

Budge has steadied the ship and created a legacy off the pitch and that’s what she’ll be remembered for. She’s laid the foundations which allows the fans to take charge of club in a good state of affairs. A cup win would also add a bit of gloss.

Ricardo Shillyshally

She's feeling the pace with the long days and is likely to step back next year (April?)possibly into an advisory role.

She's been fantastic and were it for her.... well, it doesn't bear thinking about

gowestjambo

Ann  Budge will go down in the history of Heart of Midlothain Football Club as probably the most important person in our illustrious history. She put her money where her mouth was when no one else dared. Talk is cheap, there can be no denying her importance at that point in our hour of need. She was the one that put her hand in her pocket to save Heart of MIdlothian. No one can deny without her the club may have died.

However, since that pinnacle cracks have started to appear.  It would be a tragedy if her legacy was to be tarnished by ignoring the most important part of the busines she saved. Any Business is judged by its Customers, and once you fail to see their importance there is only one outcome. I have no doubt she is well intentioned towards Craig Levein, however, ignoring Customer dissatisfaction  is dangerous.

The Customer is King, and many business's have perished by thinking they know best. A Fish rots from the head down, and the only way to save the important part is to take swift action. I sincerely hope she recognises where to make the important cut..........

10 hours ago, davieholt said:

I don't believe he 'almost killed the club'

We have to remember that he SAVED the club and Tynecastle. He also won trophies and attendances soared. But we need to recognise that Hearts were a very small vanity project in his financial and industrial empire which comprised companies which were cross subsidising one another. If the economy of the mid 2000s had continued, this could have been a viable model for Hearts.

Unfortunately, the banking crash of 2008 brought the whole edifice down but Hearts actually benefited (ultimately) by having its debts held by a group company rather than BOS or RBS - we would be history otherwise.

There was much wrong with Vlad but, with hindsight, his actions benefited the club more than they harmed it. 

Your last paragraph defies belief. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Macros said:

Your last paragraph defies belief. 

How? Where is the shiny new stand located? Any chance of that happening without Vlad?

Vlad's greatest achievement was the destruction of the vermin; Budge's will be the stand. Which of these will be remembered for longer in our folklore?

When Budge leaves, she will leave a complete Stadium, a strong Academy, no debt, fan ownership,  a profitable business with manageable wages. 

What dud Vlad leave - volunteer groundstaff. 

Legacy is not a temporary exciting team paid for with bank Customers’ deposits. 

Legacy is a future which one will leave the other did not. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How? Where is the shiny new stand located? Any chance of that happening without Vlad?

Vlad's greatest achievement was the destruction of the vermin; Budge's will be the stand. Which of these will be remembered for longer in our folklore?

Vlad offered a temporary reprieve for Tynecastle. He did not leave Hearts with Tynecastle. He left us with massive debt which Tynecastle would have been a small contribution towards that debt if Ann hadn’t written a personal cheque. 

BonningtonJambo
3 minutes ago, Sid said:

Vlad offered a temporary reprieve for Tynecastle. He did not leave Hearts with Tynecastle. He left us with massive debt which Tynecastle would have been a small contribution towards that debt if Ann hadn’t written a personal cheque. 

If he did not buy us in 2005 tynecastle would be flats right now

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Sid said:

Temporary? Had the world economy not been radically altered during those ten years Budge's cheque would have needed to be a lot bigger!

Fondly , top woman . She made the new stand happen , when to most it was a pipe dream . Love her to bits . 

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Can you explain how they've been destroyed Geoff.  That's certainly news to me.

chester copperpot

Saved Hearts.

For that I am eternally grateful. 

I love her. She is the best 

Folk go on about Romanov saving the club and thus our existence even now is thanks to him... but these folk, I suspect, won’t be awarding the same post-stewardship acclaim to Mrs Budge when next we win something. 

He brought us AMAZING times but also left us dying because.. and this is the clincher...

In the end he didn’t give a shit about you, me, any of us, the club, employees, it’s history. It’s not a bitter rant - it’s a fact some choose to ignore. 

He was great for us AND a nightmare. 

You dont adopt a poorly treated child, lavish them with love, end up mistreating them and get worshipped because ‘oh well they were in a shit state when I arrived anyway’! He poisoned his own hero status for me, affecting folks employment and leaving us on the brink of disaster. I was thankful enough in the good times,

no obligation to swoon over him nowadays.

Finlay James

Anyone comparing Budge with Romanov needs their head read.  Romanov was a disaster and will always be remembered as such.  I never trusted the guy from day one and the moment I heard that Burley was gone, I knew my instincts were correct.  He was an egomaniac who did not give a shit about our club.

Budge is head and shoulders above any other owner we have ever had but perhaps a more appropriate comparison would be with Wallace Mercer.

rick witter
15 hours ago, sadj said:

Aberdeen might spend more but may see their team broken up a bit Shinnie is a huge loss for instance. We finalise the little details with Naismith we have a superb core and spine of a team to add quality too. 

Top 4 has to be a must next year but then it has to include more excitement in the games and more solidity at home again. We have lost that and managed to do better away from home. Thats been a nice and possibly the only real positive this year but it means nothing when we struggle at home

Ah the old this year we will be top 4 chat. 

We have been saying that was the minimum for 3 years yet we are still not even close to it!!! 

We will continue to be stuck in mid table if Levein stays at the club. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Can you explain how they've been destroyed Geoff.  That's certainly news to me.

Since you spend a lot of time on "partyplanners.net" Doug, maybe you should turn the clock back to May 2012 and have a little read.

Subsequently, we seem to have sooked their boaby a little too much. Vermin love-ins are not something Vlad would have indulged.

Geoff Kilpatrick
47 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Folk go on about Romanov saving the club and thus our existence even now is thanks to him... but these folk, I suspect, won’t be awarding the same post-stewardship acclaim to Mrs Budge when next we win something. 

He brought us AMAZING times but also left us dying because.. and this is the clincher...

In the end he didn’t give a shit about you, me, any of us, the club, employees, it’s history. It’s not a bitter rant - it’s a fact some choose to ignore. 

He was great for us AND a nightmare. 

You dont adopt a poorly treated child, lavish them with love, end up mistreating them and get worshipped because ‘oh well they were in a shit state when I arrived anyway’! He poisoned his own hero status for me, affecting folks employment and leaving us on the brink of disaster. I was thankful enough in the good times,

no obligation to swoon over him nowadays.

Incorrect. Should we win in a couple of weeks time, the credit will go to both her and Levein.

However, at this rate, the next time we win something will be after she has left. I have a feeling she will step down as CEO once the FoH takeover is complete.