How Ann Budge will be remembered...!

Section Q

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ah good.

Yet another thread created to say the same things, by the same people on pretty much every other thread. 

I'll just grab a big pack of Jaffa Cakes, a bottle of red and settle in for some good, mature, original reasoned debate...

Actually...

Image result for walking away angry gif

Pretty much, this forum has become unbearable lately with the same regurgitated nonsense repeated over and over and over. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bridge of Djoum

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Inch Hearts

Bull's-eye
19 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Pretty much, this forum has become unbearable lately with the same regurgitated nonsense repeated over and over and over. 

Negativity breeds negativity. 

Its the JKB way. 

Bazzas right boot

Saving the club from liquidation. 

The new stand 

Basically ensuring that we remained Heart of Midlothian and not The Heart of Midlothian. 

CL's will be ending Celtics treble treble and putting Lennon into an asylum. 

Jambof3tornado
35 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Bit like our football then?!?

She will be remembered as The Queen of Hearts!

Even better though she will be remembered for taking a common sense based stand against those in our fanbase who want to be able to act like 12 year olds - in their tolerance of unnaceptable behaviour by other fans, and their inability to cope with defeat without a tantrum. The 'supergran' moniker says a lot more about those using it than it does about Ann.

davemclaren
46 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

What separates Ms Budge from the vast majority on here and at Tynecastle is prior to 2014 she was not a Hearts supporter. Ms Budge invested a large amount of money to buy our club and save us from possible Armageddon and for that we will be eternally grateful. The money invested will be recouped fairly soon with interest on top as is her right. When ownership changes hands Ms Budge has indicated she will stay on as Chief Executive or whatever title she has and this will entail a decent salary too. She made a decision 5 years ago that for me was solely a business decision and one that has paid off for her. Her legacy will be that she stepped in when we needed someone badly to invest in the club and she has put in place a structure that has given us a much better stadium and a very sound financial standing. On the park we excelled in our championship winning season under Robbie Neilson and his boss Craig Levein both appointed by Budge but that’s where the improvement has slowed immensely. We are finishing 6th this season in a very average league where it wouldn’t take a huge investment on the field to get up into 2nd or 3rd place. Ms Budge deserves our thanks but she is no Fergus McCann. 

Prior to 2014 she sat just below and to the left of me in section D. She was there most weeks which is good going for someone that wasn’t a Hearts supporter. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Prior to 2014 she sat just below and to the left of me in section D. She was there most weeks which is good going for someone that wasn’t a Hearts supporter. 

You right at the top Dave?

Remember seeing her most weeks too.

I was in the middle. 

General ignorance seems to be rising by the day. Empty vessels and so forth 

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

She is the most significant owner in our history and is taking the club to a whole new level.  In time, she will be remembered along side Bauld, Walker, Mackay, Robertson, Levein and many others as a club great.

Well said mate.

To many people are all to willing to stick the boot into her.

She's helped save the club along with the fans

She's helped get us back to the PL quick 

She's secured the future of tynecastle for generations. 

She's laid solid business foundations for years to come. 

She's backed her manager with funds.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Calebs Grandad said:

What separates Ms Budge from the vast majority on here and at Tynecastle is prior to 2014 she was not a Hearts supporter. Ms Budge invested a large amount of money to buy our club and save us from possible Armageddon and for that we will be eternally grateful. The money invested will be recouped fairly soon with interest on top as is her right. When ownership changes hands Ms Budge has indicated she will stay on as Chief Executive or whatever title she has and this will entail a decent salary too. She made a decision 5 years ago that for me was solely a business decision and one that has paid off for her. Her legacy will be that she stepped in when we needed someone badly to invest in the club and she has put in place a structure that has given us a much better stadium and a very sound financial standing. On the park we excelled in our championship winning season under Robbie Neilson and his boss Craig Levein both appointed by Budge but that’s where the improvement has slowed immensely. We are finishing 6th this season in a very average league where it wouldn’t take a huge investment on the field to get up into 2nd or 3rd place. Ms Budge deserves our thanks but she is no Fergus McCann. 

So many inaccuracies, lies and misguided opinion within one post. This might be a record.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You right at the top Dave?

Remember seeing her most weeks too.

I was in the middle. 

General ignorance seems to be rising by the day. Empty vessels and so forth 

I sit at the edge of section C. 

Nelly Terraces
4 hours ago, old school tie said:

Kissing the Lochend ring, and nepotism.

Pretty much says it for me. And about 20 other mates who follow Hearts.

Can't wait for her & Leveinosaurus to feck right off.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

The most significant and successful figure in the history of Hearts. Says it all.

Nope. A significant and positive figure without doubt but not the most significant.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Nookie Bear
38 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

She will be remembered as The Queen of Hearts!

Even better though she will be remembered for taking a common sense based stand against those in our fanbase who want to be able to act like 12 year olds - in their tolerance of unnaceptable behaviour by other fans, and their inability to cope with defeat without a tantrum. The 'supergran' moniker says a lot more about those using it than it does about Ann.

Yes, that’s her true legacy. Well, that and Levein’s pension fund. 

Pathetic, isn’t it :rofl:

1874Gorgie1874

Business side of things she’ll always be highly thought about, footballing side of things however.. 

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, Calebs Grandad said:

giphy.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wonder when her next statement with excessive use of quotation marks will appear.

She needs more lessons on monkey the enlightener!

jamtartan74
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Negativity breeds negativity. 

Its the JKB way. 

It does indeed.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Bit like our football then?!?

Yes just like our football, yawn ?

We we have a final to play in a couple of weeks, let’s get our mindset on that and then after that we can start looking at changing things, until then there is not much point in repeating the same things over and over. 

5 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

It does indeed.

We we have a final to play in a couple of weeks, let’s get our mindset on that and then after that we can start looking at changing things, until then there is not much point in repeating the same things over and over. 

You mean bury our heads in the sand ? See when you pay good money to go to Aberdeen and Celtic next week, do we just pretend we’re not shite or should I not go ?

Genuine question. The manager has downed tools. 

Calebs Grandad
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

So many inaccuracies, lies and misguided opinion within one post. This might be a record.

Well you’d know as self appointed post checker. Your opinion is based on what you’ve heard and not on actual facts.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Well you’d know as self appointed post checker. Your opinion is based on what you’ve heard and not on actual facts.

I must've dreamt about the several conversations I've had with her over a good few years then. Your post is complete nonsense. 

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Apologies know it all. 

I know she was a Hearts fan and season ticket holder long before 2014. 

jamtartan74
22 minutes ago, Hercules said:

You mean bury our heads in the sand ? See when you pay good money to go to Aberdeen and Celtic next week, do we just pretend we’re not shite or should I not go ?

Genuine question. The manager has downed tools. 

Do as you please, bury your head in whatever you choose but moaning away isn’t going to get Levein out the door before the final is it. I pay good money to support our club as well and can see we need change however that’s not going to happen until the seasons end so I will wait until then to moan about it and in the meantime I will focus on our cup final ??.

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

How do you know she isn’t addressing the situation?  Do you seriously, honestly expect her to sack the manager two weeks before a cup final? 

I never implied she wasn't addressing the situation, but there's no obvious clue that she is. And no I don't expect her to sack Levein a fortnight before a cup final.

Now......Take the paper bag from your mouth and breathe normally......?

Bridge of Djoum
12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I know she was a Hearts fan and season ticket holder long before 2014. 

Congrats on your 1st fact of the day...

Image result for applause gif

Relax, just a wee joke.

Bridge of Djoum
25 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Tell us more about opinions and facts.

Earth, square or round?

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think she has taken a lot of shackles off.

The trouble is that the manager wastes money on shite. Vlad wouldn't have tolerated a similar state of affairs.

Tbf Vlad lost a lot of money during his time with us and Ann has made a fair profit. Each has their place. Just our luck though to have a private bank pouring money into our club and then along comes the global financial crash of 2008.

Jambof3tornado
43 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

It does indeed.

Sorry but ignoring facts just because we got an easy route to a final that we will not win helps nobody.

Negative attitude shown by me is a reflection of what I've suffered for months from the team I love.

frankblack
6 hours ago, Section Q said:

I hope Ann Budge's legacy isn't tarnished by failing to address the Levein "eye bleeding football" and poor performances on the pitch scenario. The longer she chooses to ignore it however adds nothing positive to how she's going to be remembered. When she took over she acknowledged she knew nothing about the running a football club, and sadly this is becoming more apparent with her handling of the Levein situation. Hopefully we are able to attract an experienced football administrator when fan ownership kicks in. The club's solvent, the academy is in good shape thanks to Levein, and there should be no shortage of applicants. The future's good, it's the present situation on the park that's letting her down.

:cornette_dog:

That is a truly shite post.

Have a word with yourself.

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sorry but ignoring facts just because we got an easy route to a final that we will not win helps nobody.

Negative attitude shown by me is a reflection of what I've suffered for months from the team I love.

Where did I say ignore facts about getting an easy route to the final? Can’t recall that one, I said to concentrate on the final as no point moaning about the league now it’s over and nothing will change how pish we have been the past 6 month, I feel everyone’s pain but nothing I say or anyone else for that matter is going to change anything, we have a Scottish cup final to play so some support for that would be nice from some people is all I’m saying. 

frankblack
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

God forbid the next manager comes in and mskes us bottom six.  The likes of you would be taking a dive from the Forth road bridge.

6 hours ago, Section Q said:

I hope Ann Budge's legacy isn't tarnished by failing to address the Levein "eye bleeding football" and poor performances on the pitch scenario. The longer she chooses to ignore it however adds nothing positive to how she's going to be remembered. When she took over she acknowledged she knew nothing about the running a football club, and sadly this is becoming more apparent with her handling of the Levein situation. Hopefully we are able to attract an experienced football administrator when fan ownership kicks in. The club's solvent, the academy is in good shape thanks to Levein, and there should be no shortage of applicants. The future's good, it's the present situation on the park that's letting her down.

Spot on and my fear is that if she doesn’t act on the Levein situation many fans will start to give her a hard time. For the good of all the club of the field and on it Levein and his management team need to leave after the Scottish Cup Final win or lose.

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Where did I say ignore facts about getting an easy route to the final? Can’t recall that one, I said to concentrate on the final as no point moaning about the league now it’s over and nothing will change how pish we have been the past 6 month, I feel everyone’s pain but nothing I say or anyone else for that matter is going to change anything, we have a Scottish cup final to play so some support for that would be nice from some people is all I’m saying. 

?

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Spot on and my fear is that if she doesn’t act on the Levein situation many fans will start to give her a hard time. For the good of all the club of the field and on it Levein and his management team need to leave after the Scottish Cup Final win or lose.

Really? You should have mentioned this before.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Really? You should have mentioned this before.

You really don't see the irony in you moaning about folk repeating themselves?

Off the field, the club couldn't be in better shape! Sadly, on the field we look like we're at that stage where the club is waiting to be bought by someone and the first teams is running on fumes. Which considering that isn't the case is a damning indictment on Levein. 

Moaning about Levein isn't going to change much. Budge won't budge on this issue (geddit, budge!!!) so he's going nowhere. If we start next season in similar form, or there is a clear repeat of similar mistakes in the first team (i.e having no width, team being shite to watch AGAIN) then ticket sales will speak for themselves. 

I'm concerned about this crusade against arseholes in our support too. I don't think she's going to ever 'win' out of this, she'll no doubt end up banning hundreds of season ticket holding fans in pursuit of the unachievable. I don't think its a fight worth looking for and I think its allowing others to stick the boot in as it has stuck a microscope under a minority problem making it reflective of the club at large. (Strachan talking shite about his Mum getting abuse, we don't have any recourse because the prevailing narrative is that Hearts fans are scumbags). I want her to stop chasing the dragon on this one and just let it go. Its not worth it. She'd be far better placed trying to force countrywide action with the help of Holyrood. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

You really don't see the irony in you moaning about folk repeating themselves?

Nope.

Whereas many of us discuss a range of things on here, Gerry Adams, trainers, depression, Golf, Trump, kilts, bathrooms, music, books, films...you don't. So, no. There is no irony because I like to discuss a wide array of subjects. I offer more than ''Levein Hearts/Budge''rants. In fact, it's not even rants plural. That'd stretch your capacity to unknown limits. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nope.

Whereas many of us discuss a range of things on here, Gerry Adams, trainers, depression, Golf, Trump, kilts, bathrooms, music, books, films...you don't. So, no. There is no irony because I like to discuss a wide array of subjects. I offer more than ''Levein Hearts/Budge''rants. In fact, it's not even rants plural. That'd stretch your capacity to unknown limits. 

I save my golf posts for golf forums and our fourball WhatsApp chats and my Hearts posts for a, erm, Hearts forum. I have no interest in expressing an online opinion in the other stuff you mentioned. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I save my golf posts for golf forums and our fourball WhatsApp chats and my Hearts posts for a, erm, Hearts forum. I have no interest in expressing an online opinion in the other stuff you mentioned. 

As I said, limited.

There are literally hundreds of of subjects to discuss here. You're interested in none of them. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

As I said, limited.

Yip. My Hearts posts are limited to a Hearts forum. You are spot on. 

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, frankblack said:

God forbid the next manager comes in and mskes us bottom six.  The likes of you would be taking a dive from the Forth road bridge.

The likes of me. Nice and judgemental mate. Realist rather than happy clapper thats just glad we still have a Hearts to support like too many. Head in sand over how bad we are.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yip. My Hearts posts are limited to a Hearts forum. You are spot on. 

Yes I keep my Hearts posts to a Hearts forum, also. That wasn't really my point though. 

45 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette_dog:

That is a truly shite post.

Have a word with yourself.

WOOF...!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We can always hope.  Every cloud......

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The likes of me. Nice and judgemental mate. Realist rather than happy clapper thats just glad we still have a Hearts to support like too many. Head in sand over how bad we are.

6th best football club in Scotland. Not ideal. But football forum's don't half thrive on hysteria. 

Will it take Hearts to really hammered in the final for her to finally say enough is enough. Because let’s be honest here, our form since the winter break has been nothing short of embarrassing, given the funds available. CL firmly believes that having played poorly for 3 months, the same same players are capable of much more, in a 1 off game. Waken up Jambos this head coach is delusional and in denial 

3 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Yup , its awful , every thread no matter what or who its about gets turned round to the same nonsense. Slave , type , shout louder than next person , repeat

1 minute ago, GM8201 said:

Will it take Hearts to really hammered in the final for her to finally say enough is enough. Because let’s be honest here, our form since the winter break has been nothing short of embarrassing, given the funds available. CL firmly believes that having played poorly for 3 months, the same same players are capable of much more, in a 1 off game. Waken up Jambos this head coach is delusional and in denial 

Point in case ??? Jesus christ ???

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We can always hope.  Every cloud......

???

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

6th best football club in Scotland. Not ideal. But football forum's don't half thrive on hysteria. 

6th best 4th budget is far from ideal few bounces the other say this season or few decisions the other way wed be there or there about in third. Thats not the issue to me , neither is the off field stuff or performance outside the first team. Lack of a plan and at times desire on the pitch is something to beat the team with and therefore the coaching staff.