• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bridge of Djoum

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Inch Hearts

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cool. Tell us what Budge would have taken over had Romanov not been here?

Or should we adopt a vermin style open top bus for record turnover under Budge? :rolleyes:

He gets credit obviously for saving tynecastle park and the other positives you've already mentioned but there's was more negatives in my opinion 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He gets credit obviously for saving tynecastle park and the other positives you've already mentioned but there's was more negatives in my opinion 

Cool. Whereas Budge has no negatives at all?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cool. Whereas Budge has no negatives at all?

Off course she's got negatives but she's laying foundations for decades to come and our football club under no danger with her running it 

Long Tall Sally
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Totally disagree, far more bad than good in my opinion! 

Were it not for Romanov, Tynecastle would be flattened.

That is a fact.

For that alone, he’s well and truly in credit. And that’s before you add the trophies, the dominance of the vermin, the champions lge qualifiers etc etc.

Your post baffles me, quite frankly.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Long Tall Sally said:

That is a fact.

For that alone, he’s well and truly in credit. And that’s before you add the trophies, the dominance of the vermin, the champions lge qualifiers etc etc.

That's the positives off course it is but there was far more negatives and he almost killed the club 

37 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mr Romanov gave us two trophies. Ann Budge looks like leaving us with none.

This game is all about the glory.

PS Second tier titles don't count.

Do you think if she took the shackles off and let wages get to more than 100% of turnover she'd have a chance?

jack D and coke

Oh for the days of Mr Romanov and his trolling of the OF and vermin. 

If I ever saw him I think I’d be tempted to give him a cuddle I’ll be honest. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Do you think if she took the shackles off and let wages get to more than 100% of turnover she'd have a chance?

Exactly 

The lady put her money in.

Put together a package.

Its poor on the playing side something needs done.

Stadium 

Fans Bar

Promotion 

Oh and the small matter of being at the front along with thousands of us .

She must be off her head.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh for the days of Mr Romanov and his trolling of the OF and vermin. 

If I ever saw him I think I’d be tempted to give him a cuddle I’ll be honest. 

Only if you are in Russia as there is an international arrest warrant out on him for his fraudulent activities. 

jack D and coke
Just now, davemclaren said:

Only if you are in Russia as there is an international arrest warrant out on him for his fraudulent activities. 

Haha I know. He’s a scamp isn’t he?

Yeah, let's all hope for the return of the guy who nearly killed this club. What we achieved whilst he was here is not all negative obviously, but don't forget the mess he left, the mess we had to sort out, the mess we should avoid at all costs in the future, the mess Ann Budge helped us to survive from and is trying to prevent ever happening again. I get the disappointment and frustration most of us have at our current league position and the style (or lack of it) of play but to hanker after a past owner that caused the closest we've come to no longer having a club is stupid.

jack D and coke
Just now, Macros said:

Yeah, let's all hope for the return of the guy who nearly killed this club. What we achieved whilst he was here is not all negative obviously, but don't forget the mess he left, the mess we had to sort out, the mess we should avoid at all costs in the future, the mess Ann Budge helped us to survive from and is trying to prevent ever happening again. I get the disappointment and frustration most of us have at our current league position and the style (or lack of it) of play but to hanker after a past owner that caused the closest we've come to no longer having a club is stupid.

Don’t know about you but I enjoyed the championship. Haven’t enjoyed much since. 

Until 25th May anyway???

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I think she has taken a lot of shackles off.

The trouble is that the manager wastes money on shite. Vlad wouldn't have tolerated a similar state of affairs.

Inch Hearts
27 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Really? 

In my eyes both saved the club and saved us from leaving Tynie, then the best years watching us happened under Romanov winning 2 cups and qualifying for the champions league, that can’t ever be taken away from his legacy regardless of if he left the club like it was before he bought it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Macros said:

Did anyone say Vlad should come back? He's happily retired. No, Budge will inevitably be compared to past owners/CEOs for her legacy. Compared to Vlad she's a distant second.

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, Costanza said:

We are still spending significantly on a squad that has us finishing in 6th two years on the trot and has won nothing in 4 years. (Although i hope and pray that changes in a couple of weeks) 

Edited by Inch Hearts

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The trouble is that the manager wastes money on shite. Vlad wouldn't have tolerated a similar state of affairs.

I agree but let's not gloss over the fact it took a hell of a lot of money and he sacked a manager who had given us an unprecedented run of form.

Romanov keeping us at Tynecastle is his greatest legacy anyway. 

Budge bulleted Cathro after giving him a load of chances so I expect Levein to go at the end of the season, particularly if ST numbers are low.

If not, she will rightly come under a lot of flack.

6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

We are still spending significantly on a squad that has us finishing in 6th two years on the trot and has won nothing in 4 years. (Although i hope and pray that changes in a couple of weeks) 

I don't disagree,  we are massively underachieving 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

"Who cares about going bust, I want us to win a cup"

:cornette:

Said nobody, ever.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Cade said:

"Who cares about going bust, I want us to win a cup"

:cornette:

Except no one said that.

36 minutes ago, Long Tall Sally said:

That is a fact.

That is correct but .......

......because of him there was nearly no Hearts and thus Tynecastle would have been flattened!

23 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

In my eyes both saved the club and saved us from leaving Tynie, then the best years watching us happened under Romanov winning 2 cups and qualifying for the champions league, that can’t ever be taken away from his legacy regardless of if he left the club like it was before he bought it. 

True BUT Ann Budge saved it from ‘Romanov the ‘boom & bust’ saviour’ ...

with her her astute leadership I don’t think a third ‘saviour’ will be required ....

30 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's the positives off course it is but there was far more negatives and he almost killed the club 

I don't believe he 'almost killed the club'

We have to remember that he SAVED the club and Tynecastle. He also won trophies and attendances soared. But we need to recognise that Hearts were a very small vanity project in his financial and industrial empire which comprised companies which were cross subsidising one another. If the economy of the mid 2000s had continued, this could have been a viable model for Hearts.

Unfortunately, the banking crash of 2008 brought the whole edifice down but Hearts actually benefited (ultimately) by having its debts held by a group company rather than BOS or RBS - we would be history otherwise.

There was much wrong with Vlad but, with hindsight, his actions benefited the club more than they harmed it. 

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

True BUT Ann Budge saved it from ‘Romanov the ‘boom & bust’ saviour’ ...

with her her astute leadership I don’t think a third ‘saviour’ will be required ....

Which will ultimately be the legacy of her and the FOH.

Calebs Grandad
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

She'll be remembered as being nowhere near as successful as Mr Romanov.

What a legacy ???

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I find it difficult to criticise Ann Budge. She’s completely turned the club around and delivered nearly everything she said she would. 

I actually have faith Levein will be removed too. 

David Blunkett could see this is over. 

Really? Telling signs that a manager is being replaced is the discussion of it in the press and the dreaded ‘statement of support’ from the club hierarchy. I’ve not heard anyone in the media discuss Levein being replaced. I have read articles about Levein signing new players and extending contracts of existing players to get ready for the next season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Dearly. 

History won't remember meaningless end of season matches or bang average players and seasons. 

It will remember the rescue and it will remember the consolidation and restoration of Tynecastle Park. 

Truly a legacy no matter how much froth and self satisfying comments are made

jack D and coke
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Really? Telling signs that a manager is being replaced is the discussion of it in the press and the dreaded ‘statement of support’ from the club hierarchy. I’ve not heard anyone in the media discuss Levein being replaced. I have read articles about Levein signing new players and extending contracts of existing players to get ready for the next season. 

I have to cling to the hope that she’s planning on doing something. 

I also have the niggling fears she won’t though you’re right :facepalm:

Finlay James

She is the most significant owner in our history and is taking the club to a whole new level.  In time, she will be remembered along side Bauld, Walker, Mackay, Robertson, Levein and many others as a club great.

3 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

She is the most significant owner in our history and is taking the club to a whole new level.  In time, she will be remembered along side Bauld, Walker, Mackay, Robertson, Levein and many others as a club great.

Hear, hear. Bravo

tokyowalnut
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mr Romanov gave us two trophies. Ann Budge looks like leaving us with none.

This game is all about the glory.

PS Second tier titles don't count.

Did we not win a trophy in her first season? Correct me if I'm wrong, I know you don't like anyone disagreeing with you, but I'm 90% certain we won the Championship, with Rangers and Hibs in there, at the first time of asking. Does that count for nothing? Again, I might be wrong, but were we not in that division because of the financial mismanagement of the previous owner?

But yeah, boo hiss to Anne Budge who put her own money into the club and has attracted investors to do likewise. 

Anyone who says the negatives outweigh the positives of her ownership is quite frankly talking Jackson Pollocks.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I have to cling to the hope that she’s planning on doing something. 

I also have the niggling fears she won’t though you’re right :facepalm:

I’m not sure there has been an appropriate point at which to sack him, from the reasoned and logical perspective that Ann Budge will approach the situation. July to November we were winning almost every game and had a League Cup semi final. November- January was very poor but not sustained enough to call for termination of contract. January- May has seen the very poor league form tempered by the Scottish Cup run.  Is it sensible to sack a manager on the eve of a semi final or final? No, I would suggest. I think a loss to a Partick or ICT In the Scottish Cup would have afforded the appropriate opportunity to terminate his contract. Neither event occurred. If we win the Scottish Cup, big if, we will have five or six weeks until the Europa League qualifiers. An unlikely Scottish Cup win would also afford Levein a great deal of goodwill from a large section of the support. Look aye Paulo Sergio, 5th place in the League,  will be remembered forever!

45 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:lol:

Hearts_fan

The weeks leading up to a Scottish Cup Final is not the time to be sticking the knife in to the Manager of the team. 

For the sake of waiting two weeks, it would seem helpful for the knife wielders to either shut the hell up or get behind their team.

Focusing on our own weaknesses is only going to make defeat in the cup final more likely. 

Jambof3tornado

Ann will be remembered fondly by most, but her blind faith is Levein is starting to sour things for me. 

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, Section Q said:

I hope Ann Budge's legacy isn't tarnished by failing to address the Levein "eye bleeding football" and poor performances on the pitch scenario. The longer she chooses to ignore it however adds nothing positive to how she's going to be remembered. When she took over she acknowledged she knew nothing about the running a football club, and sadly this is becoming more apparent with her handling of the Levein situation. Hopefully we are able to attract an experienced football administrator when fan ownership kicks in. The club's solvent, the academy is in good shape thanks to Levein, and there should be no shortage of applicants. The future's good, it's the present situation on the park that's letting her down.

How do you know she isn’t addressing the situation?  Do you seriously, honestly expect her to sack the manager two weeks before a cup final? 

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Ann will be remembered fondly by most, but her blind faith is Levein is starting to sour things for me. 

How do you know she has blind faith?  Did you really expect her to sack him a few weeks before a cup final?  

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Is there a timescale for how long the Levein fanboys can roll that pathetic excuse out for? 

As long as takes and then, hopefully the Leithwalk fanboys can scoot back to dot net where they belong.

Calebs Grandad

What separates Ms Budge from the vast majority on here and at Tynecastle is prior to 2014 she was not a Hearts supporter. Ms Budge invested a large amount of money to buy our club and save us from possible Armageddon and for that we will be eternally grateful. The money invested will be recouped fairly soon with interest on top as is her right. When ownership changes hands Ms Budge has indicated she will stay on as Chief Executive or whatever title she has and this will entail a decent salary too. She made a decision 5 years ago that for me was solely a business decision and one that has paid off for her. Her legacy will be that she stepped in when we needed someone badly to invest in the club and she has put in place a structure that has given us a much better stadium and a very sound financial standing. On the park we excelled in our championship winning season under Robbie Neilson and his boss Craig Levein both appointed by Budge but that’s where the improvement has slowed immensely. We are finishing 6th this season in a very average league where it wouldn’t take a huge investment on the field to get up into 2nd or 3rd place. Ms Budge deserves our thanks but she is no Fergus McCann. 

buzzbomb1958

Ann has done a phenomenal job off the park ,she has built the foundations for the future .The only thing she got wrong was giving a perennial loser control of the footballing side of things.I don't think the supporter in her will like what she sees on the park,but if she wields the axe and gets a new exciting management team to come in with ideas on good football and  using the academy what it's there for then things can turn around on the park ,also it's time the fans were repaid for the undying support this can only be done by making the fans fill the ground every game

Bridge of Djoum

Ah good.

Yet another thread created to say the same things, by the same people on pretty much every other thread. 

I'll just grab a big pack of Jaffa Cakes, a bottle of red and settle in for some good, mature, original reasoned debate...

Actually...

Image result for walking away angry gif

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

How do you know she has blind faith?  Did you really expect her to sack him a few weeks before a cup final?  

No. I dont think that at all. Targets were set and not met though. Levein is under no pressure at all. You dont think its blind faith, any other setup would have sacked their manager given our results and performances this season.

Unless of course Levein has already agreed to stand down after the cup final.

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

As long as takes and then, hopefully the Leithwalk fanboys can scoot back to dot net where they belong.

Ah, the highly original "if you dare to criticise Hearts and are not a happy clapper you must be a Hibs fan". Yawn. Zzzzzzzz....

I will remember her when I owne the club next year and ban her indefinately :lol:

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

What separates Ms Budge from the vast majority on here and at Tynecastle is prior to 2014 she was not a Hearts supporter. Ms Budge invested a large amount of money to buy our club and save us from possible Armageddon and for that we will be eternally grateful. The money invested will be recouped fairly soon with interest on top as is her right. When ownership changes hands Ms Budge has indicated she will stay on as Chief Executive or whatever title she has and this will entail a decent salary too. She made a decision 5 years ago that for me was solely a business decision and one that has paid off for her. Her legacy will be that she stepped in when we needed someone badly to invest in the club and she has put in place a structure that has given us a much better stadium and a very sound financial standing. On the park we excelled in our championship winning season under Robbie Neilson and his boss Craig Levein both appointed by Budge but that’s where the improvement has slowed immensely. We are finishing 6th this season in a very average league where it wouldn’t take a huge investment on the field to get up into 2nd or 3rd place. Ms Budge deserves our thanks but she is no Fergus McCann. 

Ill informed garbage.