How Ann Budge will be remembered...!

Section Q

I hope Ann Budge's legacy isn't tarnished by failing to address the Levein "eye bleeding football" and poor performances on the pitch scenario. The longer she chooses to ignore it however adds nothing positive to how she's going to be remembered. When she took over she acknowledged she knew nothing about the running a football club, and sadly this is becoming more apparent with her handling of the Levein situation. Hopefully we are able to attract an experienced football administrator when fan ownership kicks in. The club's solvent, the academy is in good shape thanks to Levein, and there should be no shortage of applicants. The future's good, it's the present situation on the park that's letting her down.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bridge of Djoum

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Inch Hearts

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I hope Ann Budge's legacy isn't tarnished by failing to address the Levein "eye bleeding football" and poor performances on the pitch scenario. The longer she chooses to ignore it however adds nothing positive to how she's going to be remembered. When she took over she acknowledged she knew nothing about the running a football club, and sadly this is becoming more apparent with her handling of the Levein situation. Hopefully we are able to attract an experienced football administrator when fan ownership kicks in. The club's solvent, the academy is in good shape thanks to Levein, and there should be no shortage of applicants. The future's good, it's the present situation on the park that's letting her down.

We'll only know what shape the academy is/was in when it starts producing players capable of playing in and improving the first team. 

Dirty Deeds

If Hearts fans still have a club to support in 100 years time, that'll be her legacy.

Not a couple of shit seasons a few years after administration. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

We've never been run better as a business off the field in my opinion ! We're very lucky to have Mrs Budge 

Bunny Munro

My word!

Ann will be remembered for saving the club from going under. We could be relegated to he bottom of League 2 and I'd still prefer that to liquidation.

Shooter McGavin

I’m as disappointed as anyone on here about the state of our team and performances of late but her legacy will always be saving the club and giving it a future. A few rubbish seasons will be insignificant 10 years down the line. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

If Hearts fans still have a club to support in 100 years time, that'll be her legacy.

Is there a timescale for how long the Levein fanboys can roll that pathetic excuse out for? 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We've never been run better as a business off the field in my opinion ! We're very lucky to have Mrs Budge 

Yeh that's what I care about most, forget football if we're ticking along nicely as a business then that's just fantastic.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Is there a timescale for how long the Levein fanboys can roll that pathetic excuse out for? 

100 years down the line and it'll still be getting used. 

Clerry Jambo

Ann will of course be remembered for saving our club with the fans great support. Off the pitch improvements have been remarkable and she has also brought our respectability back into the business world after the Romanov debacle.

However, I believe she has the first major decision to make regards the footballing side of things - the summer will tell us more.

Do the right thing Ann no matter how difficult that decision will be.

13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We'll only know what shape the academy is/was in when it starts producing players capable of playing in and improving the first 

Agree....... but hopefully what we're hearing is true.

Selkirkhmfc1874
47 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Yeh that's what I care about most, forget football if we're ticking along nicely as a business then that's just fantastic.

Well surely you can't accuse Mrs Budge of not backing the manager with funds for players? 

portobellojambo1
41 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We have been run well as a company off the field, there is no denying that. However, our business is football and that aspect is the most important part of the overall company. And that aspect of the business, the part which fans pay to purchase ST's for, has been poor for a while now and there is no denying that either. People don't buy ST's, new strips, anything else to sit and look at a new stand and a new pitch, they do so to watch what is happening on the park, and there was always going to be a reaction. And the very poor number of ST renewals so far suggests that said reaction is growing significantly numbers wise, which will impact on the income being generated. Ann Budge has an opportunity to begin to change that, and it is up to her whether or not she takes that opportunity.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We have been run well as a company off the field, there is no denying that. However, our business is football and that aspect is the most important part of the overall company. And that aspect of the business, the part which fans pay to purchase ST's for, has been poor for a while now and there is no denying that either. People don't buy ST's, new strips, anything else to sit and look at a new stand and a new pitch, they do so to watch what is happening on the park, and there was always going to be a reaction. And the very poor number of ST renewals so far suggests that said reaction is growing significantly numbers wise, which will impact on the income being generated. Ann Budge has an opportunity to begin to change that, and it is up to her whether or not she takes that opportunity.

Don't disagree with any of that but we can't accuse Mrs Budge of not backing her managers for players which her part of the job 

...a bit disco

Secured our future for years to come.

That, and triggering mouthbreathers on a daily basis. 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, old school tie said:

Kissing the Lochend ring, and nepotism.

4466AC6E-3302-4138-B633-FE82DF4B207D.thumb.jpeg.6bc3d215b0ab5087145bddfeed2ec652.jpeg

Edited by It should have been ten

Her one big downfall has been her full trust in allowing one man to take care of the football side of the entire club.  There has been no plan B unfortunately.

She's been unbelievable. Fans that turn their nose up at the business side of things because the football is crap are being very short-sighted imo. The business needs to be strong for the product on the park to have any chance of succeeding.

Aye the football is terrible, and Ann will no doubt agree with most that it's gash, that's why it won't be going on like this for much longer I feel.

Inch Hearts

Saved the club hired the wrong guy to run the football department and could have done a lot lot better with the main stand. We’re still here though and we actually have a new main stand which is majorly down to her so can’t grumble. 

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't disagree with any of that but we can't accuse Mrs Budge of not backing her managers for players which her part of the job 

I never at any point said she hasn't provided finance for the football side of the business. The fact that she has provided finance and the football side of the business is still poor is just something else she needs to take into consideration. Internally one person provides her with feedback about the football side of the business, she is now being put in a position where she has to take into account the feedback of those who, by refraining from renewing, are giving their opinion about the football side of the business. In all businesses money talks, and nothing talks more than the potential loss of shitloads of money.

jack D and coke

I find it difficult to criticise Ann Budge. She’s completely turned the club around and delivered nearly everything she said she would. 

I actually have faith Levein will be removed too. 

David Blunkett could see this is over. 

Famous 1874

Great off the field, shambolic on the field. Her trust in Levein is her biggest downfall and she has made some big cock ups during her time. 

Almost all football club owners aren't remembered well.

She saved us but what she does between now and her departure will shape how she's looked back on.

AlphonseCapone

Another dressed up thread to cover the same shite being discussed across the board. 

I think Ann Budge made 2 big errors in the football job.  Firstly giving Levein the keys to the football department and allowing him free rein despite his lack of career success.  The second was as his grand plan unravelled with Cathro - not taking the opportunity to bring a fresh approach with the post murrayfield return to Tynecastle.  Removing Levein and his acolytes then finding a new manager and their staff could have revitalised the club at that point. 

It all changes if we win the Cup.  But if not the ire of the fans could be directed at both Levein and Budge, something which hasn't really happened so far. 

letsalllaughathobos

Phenomenal off field, shockingly bad football department and really the second point should be always top priority, 

Thanks but cherioo

jock _turd
21 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Another dressed up thread to cover the same shite being discussed across the board. 

This in a nutshell... however she is/ should be pretty hard nosed business wise I think so I hope that her obvious friendship and admiration for CL is not going to be her downfall.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

She'll be remembered as being nowhere near as successful as Mr Romanov.

Bit too early to make that supposition Geoff, while Vlad was a bit of a showman Mrs Budge has put down solid foundations to ensure a successful football club in years to come.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Bit too early to make that supposition Geoff, while Vlad was a bit of a showman Mrs Budge has put down solid foundations to ensure a successful football club in years to come.

Mr Romanov gave us two trophies. Ann Budge looks like leaving us with none.

This game is all about the glory.

PS Second tier titles don't count.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Zippyisajambo

Ann Budge will be remembered for saving the club.
This season football (unless we win cup) will be mostly forgotten , like many seasons before.

As a football supporter - we all fall for the "next season will be the season!".

I dream it will be.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He also left us nearly dead 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That he did , its part off our history now, however a successful business will have to have strong roots before bearing any fruit, I think Ann is putting these roots in place to, hopefully, bear fruit for years to come.

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

PS Second tier titles don't count.

The club nearly went under because of Romanov.  Overall it was a disaster zone. 

2 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Yasssssss 

BonningtonJambo
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He also left us nearly dead 

We were going that way before him he merely delayed it a few years gave us a couple scottish cups, splitting the old firm and also rudi skacel

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, BonningtonJambo said:

We were going that way before him he merely delayed it a few years gave us a couple scottish cups, splitting the old firm and also rudi skacel

Done far more bad than good in my opinion! 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The club nearly went under because of Romanov.  Overall it was a disaster zone. 

Mr Romanov bought a disaster zone and saved our most prize asset. Without him there would have been no way Budge could have bought the club.

BonningtonJambo
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

In the long run yes he was a lunatic but the club was f****d before he stepped in  

Inch Hearts
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mr Romanov bought a disaster zone and saved our most prize asset. Without him there would have been no way Budge could have bought the club.

While I totally agree he led us into administration and relegation while ripping off the support with that share issue at the Christmas time which nobody every got anything for.  I still loved the vast majority of his era though. Would love the stadium to be rocking with excitement every week again like the first few seasons. 

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He didn’t do much bad.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Really? 

Mr Romanov's good more than outweighed the bad. Ten years we had no right to and he gave us two trophies and some fantastic players in the process.

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I get all of that, however the key to long term onfield successis a solid business behind the scenes, something we haven't had in the 30 years ive watched Hearts. 

So far Ann Budge has delivered well above what was expected off the field. This will potentially set the club up for the next 50 seasons so her reign and legacy shouldn't be judged solely on the last 5.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mr Romanov's good more than outweighed the bad. Ten years we had no right to and he gave us two trophies and some fantastic players in the process.

Totally disagree, far more bad than good in my opinion! 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Totally disagree, far more bad than good in my opinion! 

Cool. Tell us what Budge would have taken over had Romanov not been here?

Or should we adopt a vermin style open top bus for record turnover under Budge? :rolleyes:

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick