Djoum - AFCON

itsnomarooned

When Haring is missing Djoum carries the midfield. 

Too many pointing the finger at the wrong culprit IMO. 

Highly rated by by his team mates, add a bit more quality to our midfield and we would see the best of him again. 

Players highly rate Djoum as per awards Sunday night. Naismith won it but a lot of his fellow pros clearly rate him. 

Italian Lambretta

Why are we so determined to keep him he has achieved nothing in the 4 years hes been with us.

Bryson would be a much better player for this pishy league

Absolute Scenes

It's annoying because he can be so frustrating to watch, and is clearly talented - but his team mates rate him

What is it they are seeing that maybe us fans aren't? (and that's a serious question not a dig at him)

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Anyone that plays football or has done, realises what he does. If you actually go back, watch video, just watch him, nothing else, you will soon realise.

Rarely stops moving

Always makes himself available to take the ball

Gets stuck in  - most bookings in the league, a stat I don't mind to be honest

I always liked him playing further up, harassing the back 4. His shooting does let him down a bit

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jarhead said:

When Haring is missing Djoum carries the midfield. 

Too many pointing the finger at the wrong culprit IMO. 

Highly rated by by his team mates, add a bit more quality to our midfield and we would see the best of him again. 

Yip. 

Be a big loss. 

Felt sorry for the guy alongside Edwards and Cochrane v Killie. 

Edwards running about like Forrest gump and Harry looking lost. 

He was the only one that looked like he knew what was happening. 

He's by far our best midfielder and we won't replace him easily. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It's annoying because he can be so frustrating to watch, and is clearly talented - but his team mates rate him

What is it they are seeing that maybe us fans aren't? (and that's a serious question not a dig at him)

Some of our fans are idiots. 

GarryJ-o-s

Don’t people accuse him of being ‘lazy’. As if a top-tier professional footballer who has won a continental title doesn’t have every aspect of his fitness monitored in every training session and match in 2019.

A lot of fans also see it.

Double Top
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Anyone that plays football or has done, realises what he does. If you actually go back, watch video, just watch him, nothing else, you will soon realise.

Rarely stops moving

Always makes himself available to take the ball

Gets stuck in  - most bookings in the league, a stat I don't mind to be honest

I always liked him playing further up, harassing the back 4. His shooting does let him down a bit

This 100%, including the shooting comment

Maroonblood22

It just all feels like it's the right time for him (and us) to move on, regardless of his pros / cons.

He's been here 4 years now, we may of course miss him once he's gone but that depends on who we bring in. Worth the gamble IMO and we certainly shouldn't be waiting on him making a decision in the summer. We need to do what's best for Hearts, waiting until the tail end of the summer is not.

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

This is clearer as every day goes by.  

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

1 hour ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

Don’t people accuse him of being ‘lazy’. As if a top-tier professional footballer who has won a continental title doesn’t have every aspect of his fitness monitored in every training session and match in 2019.

53 minutes ago, Peebo said:

A lot of fans also see it.

Btw the way I should have added that I like Djoum, even though he frustrates me. I want to keep him, best midfielder (outside of Naismith if you class him as midfield) we have

lost in space
3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

His team mates rate him because he does make himself available to take the ball when they are closed down.  That is good but too often he then passes the ball back or sideways. He plays more defensively for his country where the pace can usually be slower.  We have usually played him further forward which does not suit him.

He is not a good tackler (hence the number of bookings) + is not a great passer + cannae shoot.

He could be a good defensive midfielder in a league that is slower than ours.

He is not a good player in our league.

jambo-in-furness
1 hour ago, Maroonblood22 said:

It just all feels like it's the right time for him (and us) to move on, regardless of his pros / cons.

He's been here 4 years now, we may of course miss him once he's gone but that depends on who we bring in. Worth the gamble IMO and we certainly shouldn't be waiting on him making a decision in the summer. We need to do what's best for Hearts, waiting until the tail end of the summer is not.

This is is where I'm at, put it to him to agree the contract within 7 days or it will be taken off the table.

4 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Totally this.

grumpyespana

Send him on his way if he wanted to stay he would have signed up a few weeks ago, we cannie hang about when the window is open or we loss who we are after.

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Send him on his way if he wanted to stay he would have signed up a few weeks ago, we cannie hang about when the window is open or we loss who we are after.

Maybe hes waiting to see what happens with levein..

6 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Or drop it by 10% per week that passes after a deadline.

There is no shortage of average players.  Especially during the summer months when contracts expire.

pettigrewsstylist

Hasnt shown it. Cant cut the mustard. If he is so good and being misused etc then no doubt he will accept one of his many offers as free agent?

Hope so. We need someone who can effect a game.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

JamboGraham

Such a frustrating player for me...I have to admit to being one of those that just doesn’t always see it with Djoum when he plays...however, when he is not in the team I often see a lack of ‘something’ in the midfield. We seem less toothless, less involved on the ball, etc...the common denominator is Djoum.

A kind of, ‘you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone’ type of player I guess.