User Profile in Posts POLL

Guest GhostHunter

Format of User Profile  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Format of User Profile

• As it is Now (Horizontally)
    • The Old Way (Vertically)
    • Not Fussed aka St Johnstone.

Horizontally, simply because the massive names can be displayed better, when increasing text size for viewing it's a bit of a pain with large names shown vertically :thumb:

Horizontally, simply because the massive names can be displayed better, when increasing text size for viewing it's a bit of a pain with large names shown vertically :thumb:

Just testing quoting to see how that looks. Currently I'm veering towards the old way.

Say What Again

The old way please.

In the new layout you have to read past people's user names and whatever they've added under them, in between the various replies in the thread.

The old way was better.

Will go with the flow but the old way nicely seperated who posted it and listed all their credentials away from the actual post. Easier on the eye too.

By the way could you disable the need of having to click on someones post just to enable the quick reply function? Ta. Good job!

ArmiyaRomanova
The old way please.

In the new layout you have to read past people's user names and whatever they've added under them, in between the various replies in the thread.

The old way was better.

What he says.

The old way please.

The old way was better.

Agreed

Old way - everything else about the changeover has been impressively smooth but this is the one thing I don't like.

Commander Harris

got to agree with ddln (delighted to see that classic avatar back btw :D)

very impressed by the new server and how smoothly the migration has gone.

I do think the old way is probably better though. also, personally I found the grey colouring of the previous version a lot nicer and less harsh on the eyes. a very minor point though.

The old way.

I am fine if everything isn't the exact same as okb but it would be nice if the user profiles were vertical and also if we didn't need to click a button on a previous post to enable the quick reply, that would be nice but not essential.

Commander Harris
Old way.

and no picture sigs please.

personally I'd say pic sigs were ok as long as they were limitted to the uploaded ones(about 220x45px I think). hotlinking big images into sigs using the IMG tag makes pages hard to read and cumbersome.

just my opinion though.

CompleteIdiot
Old way.

and no picture sigs please.

Agree. There's an awful lot of scrolling and random picture interference on the new forum. You used to go from response to response, but now it is response to some huge picture of something, normally pointless, to someone's profile and then, finally, the next response.

Guest GhostHunter
Agree. There's an awful lot of scrolling and random picture interference on the new forum. You used to go from response to response, but now it is response to some huge picture of something, normally pointless, to someone's profile and then, finally, the next response.

Looks like - going by votes - the old way will be reinstated when the poll closes.

As I said on the Terrace thread - it will require a board shut down for 10mins whilst I make the changes and check no corruption has occurred.

Guest GhostHunter

The votes were just too one sided - Poll Closed !!

Dah Nah.....

Okay - back to normal.

Sigs stay though - however I will be trawling through everyone's and deleting etc if the are too big - like someone I could mention :D

Archived