Regan Hendry (merged threads)

Bongo 1874

letsalldothebeattie

Don’t know enough to say yes or no. Suppose no harm in giving him a trial during pre season I suppose but a lot will depend on type of players Levein wants in

Is he better than Cochrane, McDonald or Smith?

No harm in taking him to Riccarton to have a look though.

Bluesy1874

Was speaking to someone who supports the mhanky mob, hes usually fair in his assessments of players. says he was at raith on loan this season and wasn't overly impressive. Made 4 appearances or something. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Disappointed. Saw the OP and thought it was going to be something exciting! Bongo, is this an educated OP? Or a punt

6 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Was speaking to someone who supports the mhanky mob, hes usually fair in his assessments of players. says he was at raith on loan this season and wasn't overly impressive. Made 4 appearances or something. 

13 appearances, it's in the article that you never read.

rudi must stay

Worth a trial at least in my opinion

I always think the Old Firm are excellent at bringing through youngsters and making sure they act professionally, so ye he might be a gem.

I'm sure from the current Hearts team Brandon and Currie where both at Rangers (deemed not good enough) and fingers crossed both have a future here.

Jamhammer
1 hour ago, maroon said:

hibs man

Don't think so. I ken his old man and HE most certainly isn't Hibs. Can't see him allowing his laddies to be either. Decent player. Got a shot on him.

Edited by Jamhammer

Cruyff Turn

Don’t know much about the lad but if he was captain of their youth sides he must be a decent young player.

Worth a look? Yeah, no harm done.

55 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Don't think so. I ken his old man and HE most certainly isn't Hibs. Can't see him allowing his laddies to be either. Decent player. Got a shot on him.

Seems a good player but judging by his social media seems he is certainly hibs inclined. Videos of himself in the Hibs end for the cup final.

Jambof3tornado
40 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Don’t know much about the lad but if he was captain of their youth sides he must be a decent young player.

Worth a look? Yeah, no harm done.

Anyone being released by the old firm is worth looking at.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Anyone being released by the old firm is worth looking at.

Of course, they get the pick of the crop. 

Jamhammer
3 hours ago, maroon said:

Seems a good player but judging by his social media seems he is certainly hibs inclined. Videos of himself in the Hibs end for the cup final.

His Dad would have been at the other end

1874robbo

Sure he played as a trialist for us years ago in a youth tournament possibly in Ireland?

think he scored a hat trick but could be mistaken.

I reckon this is the sort of signing that would give us the best chance of long term success. Young lads released from the best academies mixed with experienced quality and a few work horses peppered in. 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Sure he played as a trialist for us years ago in a youth tournament possibly in Ireland?

think he scored a hat trick but could be mistaken.

We tried to sign him from Hutchie Vale around the same time as we recruited Sean McKirdy from the same age group side. He decided to bide his time as there were feelers from EPL sides around that period, before he signed for Celtic a year later. Another player from that Hutchie side, Ethan Hamilton, went to Man United and has been around the fringes of the first team while playing for the U23s. He's out on loan to Rochdale at the moment.

Regan did play a number of trial matches for us, including the Foyle Cup and I recall seeing him score the winner for our U16s against Sunderland.

I think that he is a decent player and would be happy to take a punt on him for a season and see how things go from there.

Edited by Footballfirst

alwaysthereinspirit

Will be a hell of a long Spring/Summer on here if we are to be linked with every released player from now until the league cup opener.

Scarf over head only please. I'm still waiting on those 3 world cup stars.

9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Worth a trial at least in my opinion

I always think the Old Firm are excellent at bringing through youngsters and making sure they act professionally, so ye he might be a gem.

I'm sure from the current Hearts team Brandon and Currie where both at Rangers (deemed not good enough) and fingers crossed both have a future here.

And Cochrane albeit younger at the time of the move than the others.

Andy Robertson was released by Celtic!

Def gems to be had when bigger teams release players. Sometimes think it gives guys extra fire to show they were good enough and go beyond that level. Would Robertson be the player he is without that setback?

the general
10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

We tried to sign him from Hutchie Vale around the same time as we recruited Sean McKirdy from the same age group side. He decided to bide his time as there were feelers from EPL sides around that period, before he signed for Celtic a year later. Another player from that Hutchie side, Ethan Hamilton, went to Man United and has been around the fringes of the first team while playing for the U23s. He's out on loan to Rochdale at the moment.

Regan did play a number of trial matches for us, including the Foyle Cup and I recall seeing him score the winner for our U16s against Sunderland.

I think that he is a decent player and would be happy to take a punt on him for a season and see how things go from there.

Very true ... Celtic scout was very persuasive and it was a close call who he would sign for.mum is Hearts minded but was swayed by Celtic. Had a great season a couple of years ago and scored some crackers . Impressed in the euro youth tournament. 

Ethan almost signed for the sheep before moving to Rochdale 

good player with more experience through UEFA league than most young players we already have, stays locally and low cost.

will have plenty options though 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Finlay James

Heard today that we are considering a move for Regan Hendry from Raith.  I know little about him, anyone on here watched him?

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Heard today that we are considering a move for Regan Hendry from Raith.  I know little about him, anyone on here watched him?

Played in the same Hutchie Vale side as Sean McKirdy and Ethan Hamilton who went to Man Utd (now at Peterborough). 

Played for Hearts U16s as a trialist in a pre season game against Sunderland, scoring the winner.

Decided to stay at Hutchie for another year before being signed by Celtic. Was released and ended up at Raith.

Has always been a good footballer.

Been doing well in midfield for RR recently and is one of the "sparks" behind their recent good form.

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Played in the same Hutchie Vale side as Sean McKirdy and Ethan Hamilton who went to Man Utd (now at Peterborough). 

Played for Hearts U16s as a trialist in a pre season game against Sunderland, scoring the winner.

Decided to stay at Hutchie for another year before being signed by Celtic. Was released and ended up at Raith.

Has always been a good footballer.

Robbie will soon knock that out of him

jamboinglasgow

seen a few journalists who follow Championship football rave about him and think he should be in the premiership next season. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Always open to this sort of signing, would people be happy with someone like Hendry as our sole signing in midfield? Probably not, but then the likes of Allan Campbell may be out of our grasp financially and going down the Whelan/Tzolis route hasn’t done us much good

john thomas
7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Always open to this sort of signing, would people be happy with someone like Hendry as our sole signing in midfield? Probably not, but then the likes of Allan Campbell may be out of our grasp financially and going down the Whelan/Tzolis route hasn’t done us much good

Are you fekkin joking ?

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Hibs in for him, so she must be also. Good player.

To be honest Hibs really need him as they only have about 14 midfielders

42 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Would be a good Irving replacement. Similar style of player. 

Except Regan can move around the pitch.

StevenNaismith

He’s a very similar player to Andy Irving in my opinion, a fair bit quicker though. He would be a good signing.

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

To be honest Hibs really need him as they only have about 14 midfielders

18 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Hibs in for him, so she must be also. Good player.

He’s a hibs fan too.

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Are you fekkin joking ?

🤣🤣

If Hibs sign him the arguing will be almost as bad as if we sign him

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Robbie will soon knock that out of him

Give it a rest, you bloody fool.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Regan Hendry (merged threads)