Ryan McGowan

Hampden Demolition

Hampden Demolition

I see he’s been released from Bradford. Would you take him back here? Was a dependable player when he was here the first time, knows the club and what it means to play for Hearts. Would be happy if he was brought back as another option.

Edited by Hampden Demolition

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Darren

• The Internet

• Hampden Demolition

AlimOzturk

Yes he is liked by the fans, a dependable player, a character I  the dressing room and most of all his desire to play for us is undeniable. 

Good solid signing.  

highlandjambo3

Meh.... not to sure about “released” players.... sounds a bit surplus to requirement.  Great when he was here but not an upgrade imo.

Hampden Demolition
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Meh.... not to sure about “released” players.... sounds a bit surplus to requirement.  Great when he was here but not an upgrade imo.

Would imagine it may be more to do with wages now that they have been relegated. Don’t think he would be a starter every week but I would rather have him as an option over say Shaughnessy.

Restonbabe

I absloutey love gowzer. My dad seen him at Easter Road. Absloutey went mental at the goal. Definate knows what it means to play for us. And deadly from a yard out. 

Could do much worse than signing him, but will probably sign for Dundee 

Jambof3tornado

Must look forwards. Love gowser but better out there.

Welcome at Tynecastle as a guest any day of the  week.

Average as hell. No thanks.

Loved his goal celebrations though.

Mind you, he does have experience of relegation battles which could be handy  ?

letsalldothebeattie

Absolutely would take him back. A man who knows exactly what it means to play for the club 

19 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I see he’s been released from Bradford. Would you take him back here? Was a dependable player when he was here the first time, knows the club and what it means to play for Hearts. Would be happy if he was brought back as another option.

I'll take him back in a instant. Also could score a goal and he knows what it means to play for The Famous.

Love Gowser, saw him at ER last week.

Wouldn’t take him back though, don’t think he adds anything at this point.

27 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

And where would we play Ryan ?

He is a right back isn't he or would we do a Levein on him and play him at left back or midfield.

I'm afraid it's a NO from me.

WheatfieldWarrior

Need to sign Naismith, Cover for Naismith,  and either cover for Uche or a replacement for Lafferty, specifically his goals.

Could probably get by with the rest even if Djoum goes.

If we were short in defence I'd say yes, right now though I think we have more urgent matters to attend to further forward 

Inch Hearts
15 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Absolutely would take him back. A man who knows exactly what it means to play for the club 

So does Lockey or McHattie, get them in too? 

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

This. Was thinking the exact same. Donald Ford was my thoughts.

Great when he was here and always remember him fondly but we need better than him if we want to move forward.

Abject failure at a poor Bradford city side and then an even poorer Dundee side. Safe to say he isn't standard we are looking for.

We like to wax lyrical and look at ex players through rose tinted specs. Gowser was great for us, dependable, versatile. 

I'm not sure at this moment in time he synificantly improves the squad. I don't see him as a centre back and with Halkett coming in he could only surely be signed as a right back. 

grumpyespana

Always loved Gowser but in the clear light of day we do not require him maybe see him at Raith rovers.

letsalldothebeattie
21 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Never really rated McHattie so no

iantjambo
29 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And where would we play Ryan ?

He is a right back isn't he or would we do a Levein on him and play him at left back or midfield.

I'm afraid it's a NO from me.

Maybe McGlynn was onto something when he played him as an attacking midfielder ::troll::

Edited by iantjambo

Ibrahim Tall

In place of Hughes/Shaughnessy? Yes. Atleast McGowan gives a shit about the club too, same can’t be said for others.

been here before

Whats the fascination on here for 'would you take them back' threads? Every time some ex player leaves a club some rocket starts a thread.

The Internet

Relegated in each of his last two spells in Scotland. PHM though. 

Really odd obsession with bringing back former players on here. 

Sure. Great character, might be challenged to get into the starting 11 though. Could be good competition for Smith and good cover elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I find this resistance against bringing back any former player a bit odd. Successful players are what we want to see, no? The net absolutely should be cast far and wide, but I'd much rather we focused on getting together a squad that we know can do the business. Signings like McGowan, Wallace, Gordon, Lafferty, Milinkovic, Walker factually would radically improve us. You can't seriously find it odd that many fans want to see these guys return? 

Sexton Hardcastle

Can’t be many players who plays for two clubs in a season and both get relegated.

Stay well clear.

Central Belt 1874
36 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Very strange indeed. I'm sure he gave away a ridiculous penalty at the weekend as well.

This threads another example of the complete lack of ambition that has consumed the football side of the club recently.

The Internet
40 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sure. Great character, might be challenged to get into the starting 11 though. Could be good competition for Smith and good cover elsewhere.

I find this resistance against bringing back any former player a bit odd. Successful players are what we want to see, no? The net absolutely should be cast far and wide, but I'd much rather we focused on getting together a squad that we know can do the business. Signings like McGowan, Wallace, Gordon, Lafferty, Milinkovic, Walker factually would radically improve us. You can't seriously find it odd that many fans want to see these guys return? 

Gordon would be nice as an end of career thing, but really he's lost his place to Scott bain and has knee trouble now. Wallace has literally played less than 10 games in the last 2 years. Walker hasn't kicked a ball since Cathro was here. Milinkovic has hardly had any football but would at least push for a first team spot although he wasn't at all consistent first time round. Lafferty just won't happen. McGowan keeps getting relegated with whoever he plays for. These guys wouldn't radically improve us at all. We would need much better to push for top 3.

bajthejambo
51 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

You could say he was relegated twice this season.

Midloth_Iain

Would prefer that he went back to China, or maybe Saudi Arabia - earn a small fortune and invest some of that in FOH.

A backward step to bring him back as a player