Congratulations! Anyone Else A Winner?

been here before

3fingersreid

It’s fine on the mobile for me , adblock doing its job , however if I go on the I- pad the site is unreadable with all the jumping about and adds popping up and that’s with Adblock being used 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• neilnunb

• Taffin

• AlphonseCapone

This is ridiculous, all morning trying various ad blockers, working now with adguard. Mods can you not sort this out. 

Glad im not the only one. Thought years of visiting naughty site had finally caught up with me and knackered the phone. Its all good then ?

AlphonseCapone

Folk shouldn't be reliant on adblockers. I've never had one and 99% of the Internet is fine that way. 

10 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Folk shouldn't be reliant on adblockers. I've never had one and 99% of the Internet is fine that way. 

As long as websites keep serving ads from off-site, meaning they are vulnerable to hacking and exploits without any way for the websites to know, adblockers are essential for browser security.

Any sites which serve their own ads tend to be whitelisted by default because they're coming from the same server as you're accessing to read the webpage.

Been getting popups and redirects to a so called Samsung Rewards malware.

Turn off the ads or vet them.  Site is unusable on Chrome for Android.

Pretty much unusable for me today also!! Every time I try to go on the Conor Washington thread I get a congratulations Virgin phone user message!!!

3 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Why not tag one of the admins

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Completely unusable today on mobile and have adblocker runnibg. Had to swap to the default "browser " on my phone to post this. @davemclaren @redm @Maple Leaf

Thanks milky. Perhaps @davemclaren @redmor @Maple Leaf might like to respond?  No rush though, carting barrowloads of advertising loot about can't be easy. :D

Really though, I've been on some well dodgy websites in my time, and have never seen anything like the nonsense experienced here. 

I don't mind seeing ads, especially if the site is benefitting from it, so hopefully this can be sorted and I can stop using Adblock Plus For Samsung Internet (available from an app store near you), which seems to be doing a very good job .

Installed a new adblock today and using Samsung internet is working for me now. Was a nightmare. Thought I had malware or something

davemclaren

Apologies. If’s not my area of expertise but it happens with all ad providers every now and then. We flag it and they investigate and fix it so hopefully resolved soon. 

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

As long as websites keep serving ads from off-site, meaning they are vulnerable to hacking and exploits without any way for the websites to know, adblockers are essential for browser security.

Any sites which serve their own ads tend to be whitelisted by default because they're coming from the same server as you're accessing to read the webpage.

Aye I understand that but practically, it's not something that happens on a massive scale. And it's still no excuse for what was happening on here earlier, that is all down to this new ads provider. I detest what they've done to kickback. Hope the revenue is worth it. 

59 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye I understand that but practically, it's not something that happens on a massive scale. And it's still no excuse for what was happening on here earlier, that is all down to this new ads provider. I detest what they've done to kickback. Hope the revenue is worth it. 

Agreed, also why should paid members have to put up with ads at all. 

Edited by jambo1998

Same for me can't look at any page for more than a minute or 2 before being redirected to the prize I have won. 

On 06/05/2019 at 18:16, been here before said:

Anyone else strike it lucky with the shite adverts on the board just now? Only started an hour or so ago. Ive deleted all the cookies and selected the 'reject all' option when that irritating ads screen thing comes up.

Not only are they a pain in the arse but they also announce you're a winner over whatever else you're listening to...

Sometimes theyre at the top....

Screenshot_20190506-175841.thumb.jpg.978affe95afc10f6ea1ad2a4756e9ff1.jpg

Sometimes at the bottom...

Screenshot_20190506-175728.thumb.jpg.114cbfa446db7e2acc4463dcc1e1b5bd.jpg

Sometimes pruporting to be from You Tube...

Screenshot_20190506-180147.thumb.jpg.05d1af01d182468878dd9b3d062e8120.jpg

Or claiming Im the Messiah...

Screenshot_20190506-180049.thumb.jpg.548f592edf98a400aa455a9e31ed06c4.jpg

Happened at my work once.  If the whole office didn't hear it first time the work's obligatory nosey bitch made sure that everyone's attention was drawn to it.

JKB still unusable on my android phone (google chrome). Unable to navigate past annoying pop up Congratulations etc every few seconds. 

The site is an absolute shambles...in essence ruined and unusable due to the adverts being infested with a redirect virus.

It's back.....Had trouble with it yesterday but was ok around tea time.  Was ok this morning but it has struck againg this afternoon.........

AlphonseCapone
9 minutes ago, JAMBONI said:

It's back.....Had trouble with it yesterday but was ok around tea time.  Was ok this morning but it has struck againg this afternoon.........

Same.

Certain threads are worse. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

thehibsareintheirbeds

An absolute nightmare recently- appreciate its probably a challenge to manage these kind of things but there must be something that can be done. Taken me 15 mins to read this page with constant popups and redirects ?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Kickback is unusable today. Every time I try to open a thread I get taken to a different website. Took me 15 minutes to read the Conor Washington thread.

I've just won a new Samsung S10 even though I deliberately answered the questions incorrectly but it still said I got 4/4 correct and wanted my details so my phone can be sent to me.

• 1 month later...